It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff: stock up on supplies, necesseties, and alcohol and cigarettes for batering

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

No doubt.

My first priority is guns and ammo.

Second is water.

Third is food, which won't be a problem if you have guns and ammo.

Fourth is a safe place.

Fifth is supplies and bartering supplies like alcohol and cigarettes.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I honestly have to say that this is just more doom and gloom from a doom and gloom master. I have to chalk the economic collapse up there with "the US is going to attack Iran" talk from a couple of years ago.How many dates did we hear people and so called experts claim the US was going to attack Iran?..yet it never happened. How many times and dates are we going to hear that the economic collapse is going to happen. I am going to make my own prediction here....it ain't going to happen. Yes there is an economic downturn(far from a collapse). There have been numerous economic downturns in the past. I have come to realize that there are so many people sitting on the edge of their seat these day's waiting to be the first one to jump up and scream "see I told you so"

[edit on 9/17/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

The video doesn't show Schiff's garage filled with canned food, cigarettes and all that stuff Schiff exhorts to stock on.

After you, Mr.Schiff.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Collapse or not the notion of being prepared just plain makes sense. Past incidents have taught those who listened and learned that emergency services are not always there when you need them. Vital services like power, water and sewage can and do fail. If you don't take the time and effort to prepare today then it is nobodys fault but your own when you suffer tomorrow. Remember it's better to be an Ant than a Grasshopper...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
I mean, what are yopu going to gain? You think they're going to give you some food for a pack of smokes? I know I wouldn't.

I would. Or, more likely, I'd share my food in exchange for one or two smokes...maybe you toss in a beer if we're having a feast, of sorts.

Smokers will almost always opt for nicotine over food, because nicotine can suppress the appetite. Food doesn't do much to curb the urge to smoke.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Schiff is capitalizing on diaster. His agenda is to push Ron Paul at the expense of a little advise to those left out in the cold. Where was he when we really needed a warning and will he be on the front line handing out meals at the Red Cross stations?
If these people know so much then why aren't they using their talents in prevention? Instead they are selling their advise and offering... nothing.
We all know that 9/18 is a hotspot. We all know to prepare. I think he made a lame effort to warn, and a major effort to promote himself. jmho.

Schiff has been all over this economic issue. I have seen him interviewed on many different networks, by all kinds of reporters. he has continually warned of what's coming in his opinion. As with any advice, just because he warns, doesn't mean people will listen. You cannot convince everyone. people believe what they want.

If the main stream media can make a profit lying to the public and misleading them as to the conditioon of our economy, I don't have a problem with Schiff making a living telling what he considers to be the real story. Schiffs advice has been consistant and unwavering. Believe what you want, we will soon see who is correct won't we??

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Common sense never goes out of style. Buying regular staples now is using common sense. Inflation is rising rapidly, just check the prices of groceries. If you buy at today's prices, you have saved some real money by any reasoning. if there is any kind of serious civil unrest, or natural disaster, local food distribution could be effected in a couple days. a serious H1N1 outbreak, would almost suredly cause a martial law situation, with a forced quarantine. You can figure out the rest of the story when that happens. prep now while you have a chance.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thats funny!!! I have been trying to quit since June because I don't want to go through Cig withdrawal along with TV, Internet, food, water, basic living..etc..withdrawal.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

By saying food won't be a problem because you have guns and ammo...does that mean you plan on taking what you want by force?

Not cool

The end of days will separate the people going to heaven and hell.
If you plan on robbing your neighbor it is evident where you will be going.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
We are already running out of rice.
articles.latimes.com...

It is not just the US, other countries are fearing our inflation so badly, they are stocking up too.

It isn't just rice, either.

articles.moneycentral.msn.com...

www.katu.com...

If people can't see this coming, there is nothing anyone can do but try to fend for themselves. I just don't have it in me to try to rescue anyone. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but when it comes to survival, that's just how I feel.

Then, you have the complicit government doing things like destroying our food supplies from within, like what is happening in California. Best start growing those veggies, because soon, you won't be able to afford them. IF you can even find them.

blog.friendseat.com...

That is roughly %80 of our vegetable and fruit supply in this country, a huge dustbowl, thanks to Nancy Pelosi. But, most people don't know about it.

The second round of foreclosures is still to come. The dollar is collapsing, gold is on the rise, and food is starting to become scarce in the US. I think stocking up now, on anything you can, is a wise, wise thing to do.

Might I suggest:

sugar - for preserving
salt - for curing meats
hierloom seeds - hybrids are sterile seeds, once you run out of seeds, your plants won't make viable seeds - read the packet!
corn is already low due to use in fuels - get corn kernels

I do not doubt that there will be days ahead when certain things will be a luxury again, such as a fresh orange, a chocolate bar, and a cigarette.

Bartering is always a good idea, my ex father in law supported a family of 7 his entire life on bartering. Everything, from groceries, to car repair, to buying cars. He had enough people buy his goods in cash that he always had a roll of money in his pocket, but he only spent cash on things like gas. He made a room in house a vault, complete wih fortified walls and a vault door, and it was a huge pantry. Oh, and he bartered all the construction, inluding the foot thick vault door.

What did he do? He made jewelry in his home.

No, I don't think it will be like the Great Depression, but I think it will be bad in it's own way, one that's hard for some to foresee.

Seen some great posts in this thread, some people do have the insight to see it coming.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Saw him again on cnbc today

Confirmed he wants to run in Conn. I believe it was for Senate.

Some of the commentators on fast money brought up some interesting questions if someone could take the time to post the video

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Peter shciffs office is in the city right next to mine. We are literally neighbors. I was reading in local paper today, Ed Mcmahns wife wants to run or the senate here in CT. The WWE building is only about 1 mile away from me. Funny..ever notice it seems to gt into the senate these days, you have to be a movie star or associated with hollywod? she is merely bored with her life,a nd wants to do someting different, said the paper, according to her. What kinda people are being allowed intot he senate? bored people wtih an angenda to control our lives? WTF!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Boredd, arrogent, corporate wealthy/rich people***

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Balone

Hahaha, no. That means I can hunt squirrels and rabbits and what not. Among my other guns I have a .22 to hunt small game with.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Peter shciffs office is in the city right next to mine. We are literally neighbors. I was reading in local paper today, Ed Mcmahns wife wants to run or the senate here in CT. The WWE building is only about 1 mile away from me. Funny..ever notice it seems to gt into the senate these days, you have to be a movie star or associated with hollywod? she is merely bored with her life,a nd wants to do someting different, said the paper, according to her. What kinda people are being allowed intot he senate? bored people wtih an angenda to control our lives? WTF!

Exactly! Just say NO to people with an agenda. *Peter Schiff*

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I looked into the shortage of rice thing personally. Same scare tactics that were used on the shortage of hops for beer. There is plenty of rice, the problem is if there is control over distribution, and that would come from powers with an agenda.
When people start playing God they create hell.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Warning people about changes is one thing.
Sowing fear is another thing.
I'd say, stock up some strong spirit.
And I don't only mean the liquid.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
One more time for those of you who think he is doing this for profit or political reason, watch this video He has been warning (and been scarily correct) for quite awhile now but only recently decided to run for office.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

He's getting his information from somewhere. Maybe his source should run for office because Shiff is just the messenger, not qualifications for office. The people that make things happen should be in office, not messengers.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Proof that Schiff is selling himself. Al Quds day also happens to be today. The Islamic calendar vs Christian and Jewish holy dates has been consistent in the choice of days for attacks. Doubt he knew that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join