It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Story Developing in NYC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
all over Fox News especially, and the MSM will be the story of how......

THE AUTHORITIES QUASHED A SUPER SERIOUS AND DANGEROUS TERRORIST ATTEMPT....

WE ARE YOUR HEROS....and we care about you, America.......

now come get your shots for that pesky flu ... so everybody will be fat n happy again....

see... that didnt hurt ... now go lay down for a bit.....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My money is on a push to convince Congress that "Home grown" terrorism and "Domestic Threats" are a real problem and more legislation should be passed to allow government agencies to "investigate" more citizens.

I saw a clip on the news the other night, I can't remember what station or who it was, but it was a Congressman and he was spouting off about how after 9/11 happened it gave "extremist free reign to do anything they wanted" - speaking on domestic threats in the United States.

If this is the type of mindset that's sweeping through Washington I'm quickly losing ALL hope for American's future freedoms and privacy.

It seems they want to put a target on anyone who disapproves of this big-brother type mentality and world policing. Also, there's a great distaste on Capitol Hill for private militias and they seem to be taking the brunt of the propaganda campaign.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's all show...so we see them being 'proactive' to stop terrorism so when the G20 summit takes place and 'something' happens, they can say "we did all we could to proactively go after terrorists who were plotting".

I guess they learned something from the 9/11 GOOF UPS, Blunders they made. Not to look like the cat with the canary in it's mouth when the finger pointing starts.

Yep, I'm worried about it...only because the dead terrorist guy's threatening us again, an that usually means "SOMETHING" is gonna happen!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Any false flag attack would be conducted by a very small group of people. In order to do this they would have to create distractions to keep other departments or agencies busy, or they would have to intervene to prevent their own plans from being halted.

The FBI, as it stands, probably wouldn't have any idea that an event was being planned as a false flag. It would be a covert group within the CIA, and they would be issuing distracting noise to confuse all other departments, or warning specific people off the scent if they were getting too close.

The idea that all FBI or CIA staff would be "in on it" is a nonsense. 99% of them are just out there doing their jobs, thinking they are protecting the country. They would have no clue what is really going on.

My gut tells me this story is serving two purposes...

1. Scare the people and heighten the press awareness on terror. Today various sources are also reporting the killing of a senior AL-Q member in Somalia. Therefore, it gives the impression of money well spent, progress. While it scares the public to have raids in Queens, they can point elsewhere and say the strategy is working and they are beating the mythical beast.

2. Distract agencies to prevent them focusing on the real threat elsewhere.
This will also help to secure funding after another event, because they can all come back to government and say they were stretched to the limit and didn't see something else coming.

I think there is a lot of chatter out there right now to indicate that something is coming. Osama messages, searches, the G20, warnings about "domestic extremism"...
But I don't think this current thing is anything other than a distraction with the added benefits of scaring people and increasing media attention in preparation.

I think something is likely to happen, but this is the "secretive cabal" using smoke and mirrors on their own agencies to throw people off. Just as the warnings about 9/11 were ignored due to other threats.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This "terrorist" sounds like some sort of middle-level manager. The guy who brings the orders to the foot soldiers.
The police raided the "several" homes that he visited during his short stay in New York?
But nobody was home?

That doesn't sound good. Obviously they have a bead on this guy, for one reason or another. They suspect him of something. I hope that this isn't as bad as it COULD be.
We've heard repeated warnings from various sources lately regarding events upcoming in the short future. Events on several fronts.
This news seems to correlate with those warnings... or at least it could be viewed that way. Lord I hope not.

Of course it could also fall in line with the low fly-over of Manhattan and the Coast Guard training exercise in the presence of a Commander and Chief who was "unaware".... Meaning it could just as easily be just another scare tactic...

"Remember 9-11" (tm)

In either event, I wonder what would happen if the FBI was able to conclude through their independant investigation that this guy was CIA?

Would they brief Congress?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Well all the threats that have happened in the past week along with rumours we know..seem to be coming to a head.. do you have any source on your "American Hiroshima" ? I've heard tidbits but would like to know more

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TroyB
It's all show...so we see them being 'proactive' to stop terrorism so when the G20 summit takes place and 'something' happens, they can say "we did all we could to proactively go after terrorists who were plotting".

I guess they learned something from the 9/11 GOOF UPS, Blunders they made. Not to look like the cat with the canary in it's mouth when the finger pointing starts.

Yep, I'm worried about it...only because the dead terrorist guy's threatening us again, an that usually means "SOMETHING" is gonna happen!

Well, it does seem like something is being perpetrated. When was the last time we heard from Bin Laden? Not that that was the real Bin Laden, I believe he has been dead for the past 2-3 years, but here comes a Bin Laden tape, and now this NY stuff.

Right after 9-11 anniversary, yeah right. This is all CIA baloney.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
with all teh crap thats gone down in the last 50 years or so, why would teh government still; need to keep doing this crap to "see how we react"? you dont think they know by now?
nto everything is a huge conspiracy, lunatics.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

i think your #1 point is a homerun for me. This is just so that we don't forget, that we are loosing boys everyday for a good cause and we should not stop. Our freedom has no cost and we should give it all up because we just found this "guy" and he went to homes that had these "things" that could kill YOU!
Around every 9/11 there's always some kind of new discovery of some sort of terrorist plot...and those stories vanish quickly but are a quick reminder once in a while of what could happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Of course, the boroughs! The bulk of the work in NYC is done by commuters. Half of Jersey commutes in too but that's no news to you. The rest of the country has no idea how many people travel into Manhattan to work from the outer boroughs, the Island of Long, Jersey and Connecticut. If anybody screws with New York they bring three states to a halt.

And not for nuttin', I see your calamaad and raise you a sfogliatelle! Yeah, I can pronounce it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I would also like to say this is a very nice counter to the ENORMOUS protests that took place in D.C. the other day.

I would wager that this receives more MSM coverage than the protests did.

Hopefully people see through it for what it is, although it is likely multi-tiered in effect.

I'm sorry, but I just don't trust these ass-clowns in the Government at all any more. You could tell me that Vladimir Putin himself just detonated a bomb in Miami and I'd tell you that the CIA paid him to do it.
These people are scum.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
9/19 is the end of Ramadan. 9/18 is the Night of Power. If the messenger to Queens came out of Indianapolis then the cells are on the move. They will move quickly into position and activate plutonium dirty bombs to hit 10 US cities. Would be interesting to know what the grand Imam in Boston is doing this week. Is he in town? Osama M. Kandil and his pals?
This was planned back in 2002, cells have been in place and normalized. These will be doctors and engineers who fit in, activating terrorists in their groups to hit places like the Willis Tower, Jewish locations in Atlanta, Miami, someplace in NYC, DC, and possibly prison breaks. Hazmat teams will have clean up nightmares.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I was going to say that too, Osama Bin Laden put out a message today. Something is going on and for the FBI wanting to brief congress, it's not about protesters or homegrown terrorists (they like to keep those incidents as criminal and not terrorists because "there are no such things as american terrorists" even though we have examples.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Okay so what's the latest? If they were addressing Congress (or a few members of Congress, like the Security Council) we should be hearing something else anytime, eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
not sure of the correlation, if any at all, but I was on the phone with a client a short while back and he tells me to hang on, too noisy. he said fighter jets were racing towards queens. then I saw the news break. odd and a bit scary.

I'm up in Northern RI and had 2 or 3 fighters pass over my house around 7pm tonight full afterburner. They were heading in a W/NW direction. I wasn't too concerned because if you draw a line from Otis to Westover AFB it passes over my house.

Sounded like a 747 was taking off on my street.

I mention it because the last time I heard fighters over my house was during the Democratic National Convention in Boston.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by stealthyone]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen......but deep down we all knew, that didn't we?

When something is going to happen then we will be told, not by internet message boards, or by here say, but by the very people that are going to make these things happen!........the PTB control every aspect of our lives, and when they decide that we are about to experience an "event" then they will release what we need to know to the MSM.....whom they control anyway!

In a nutshell....just watch the plain old news if you want to know what's going on in the world............the clues are there guy's.....no imminent UFO disclosure, and certainly no nuclear explosions anywhere near you soon!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by ROBL240

Distract agencies to prevent them focusing on the real threat elsewhere.

Good post DI! Makes a lot of sense. How many agencies were distracted during 9/11? We all saw the timely air defense of NYC. NOT!!!

And now years later there's still so much uncontrolled air traffic on the Hudson that they fly into each other. We all remember the New York Yankee flying into an apartment building too. And still no seeming rhyme or reason. Despite the agencies and colored alerts no common sense. And we suspect that's on purpose. A lot of bluster, a big bill and nothing has changed. And if it was an inside job what needed to be changed? Oh yeah, the government. My bad!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
I was going to say that too, Osama Bin Laden put out a message today. Something is going on and for the FBI wanting to brief congress, it's not about protesters or homegrown terrorists (they like to keep those incidents as criminal and not terrorists because "there are no such things as american terrorists" even though we have examples.

Words like "powerless" and "present" (which was translated wrong) have special meaning. bin Laden has a strong message about the Palestinian conflict so this one will be directed at Israel and on a Jewish holiday. Rosh Hasannah is Saturday. (911 was a Coptic Christian holiday.)

Stay vigilant. Now is the time to review emergency plans. Make sure you know how to communicate if communication is down. Have a plan to walk home from work. Stock supplies.

I have a feeling that the American people will be the last ones warned. Of course the agencies are going to make an effort to apprehend but it just takes one to get through the safety net to cause us harm.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
All I gotta say is that, I too saw 5 fighter jets flying across Queens going towards lower Manhattan possibly Brooklyn. They were flying pri'tee low.
Spooked me for a sec.

I think a false flag is in the works, and were just seeing the drills folks. Keep your eye and ears open

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
9/19 is the end of Ramadan. 9/18 is the Night of Power. If the messenger to Queens came out of Indianapolis then the cells are on the move. They will move quickly into position and activate plutonium dirty bombs to hit 10 US cities. Would be interesting to know what the grand Imam in Boston is doing this week. Is he in town? Osama M. Kandil and his pals?
This was planned back in 2002, cells have been in place and normalized. These will be doctors and engineers who fit in, activating terrorists in their groups to hit places like the Willis Tower, Jewish locations in Atlanta, Miami, someplace in NYC, DC, and possibly prison breaks. Hazmat teams will have clean up nightmares.

I saw your post and that is a grim scenario. If your speculation has merit, and it happens as you think it will; say goodbye to our liberties. This country will be locked down and panic will engulf the streets. Posse Comitatus will be lifted and there will be armed soldiers in every US city you mentioned as possible targets. You said that the plan goes back to 2002, do you have any sources to validate your claim by chance? Maybe this is the false flag everyone is mentioning? Maybe this case has something to do with it as well? So many questions and so few facts.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Jakes51]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join