It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Story Developing in NYC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This story sounds fishy to me and it's as though they are intentionally putting fear in the general public. I have read a few articles on the subject and I have yet to read anything tangible about the arrest: suspects, evidence, probable cause, nature of the threat, and the list goes on . . . What game are they playing? To many unanswered questions, and with this case being in the dark and so soon after the 9-11 Commemoration; it is only going to stoke panic and fear among the people.

What gives? Why are they going before Congress in the first place, I can't remember the FBI ever having to do this to make an arrest or a raid? Usually they consult the Justice Department exclusively on such matters. There is something rotten here, and I would like more facts. This cloak and dagger BS needs to stop because it causes undue panic. That meeting before Congress better be public as well! The people have the right to know what is going on about this mysterious arrest and investigation.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Earlier today, I saw jets flying northeast out of Akron. More than a bit unusual.

For the past 3 weeks, I've been seeing unmarked helicopters and medical helicopters at random times in and around the same general area south of Akron.

Perhaps they are conducting exercises for G20? Perhaps this has to do with the NY events? Maybe it has nothing to do with either.

I haven't seen helicopters or military jets in this area during the 4 past years. I live in MI and OH interchangeably, so I'm not constantly in the Akron area.

Just sayin'...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I've been in the Detroit area all day, the local buzz in the news is about a huge chunk of ice falling from the sky and hitting a home.

Certainly cause for alarm.

I hope they catch these evil airborne ice bandits.

www.chicagotribune.com...

I'm in Dexter now, am I far enough away to be safe?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's possible this is all just hype, but it's also possible that is could be something big. The problem is that we need more information. I wonder if the MSM is going to air this meeting.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So lets see he came to NY while under surveilance, and visits a bunch of people who's homes are raided only after he has left. Now they know he has returned to the midwest, and is back under surveilance? Why would he drive all the way to NY to visit these people? I am thinking that he had information to deliver that could only be done in person. If he suspected that he was under surveilance he would know that sensitive information could only be given face to face. They obviously think something is up if they were specifically looking for bomb making materials. Just my .02.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Queens is right down the road from me. What a dumb place to plan anything. Morons.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I can tell you that the people around here don't give a crap about anything, we are the most unafraid people in the country.

When do we care? When something really happens. And what do we do? We stay put. No one around here goes running away scared.

I live right at the boder of Queens and Nassau County, NY.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Way to not focus on the issue at hand.

So, they didn't find anything at any of the places that they raided? It all seems so cryptid to me. Let's just hope it's all hype and nothing terrible. Does the FBI do this a lot? And if so, why only report on this one? It just seems that they need to be telling us more than "we raided these places but didn't find anything and can't tell you what to be on the look out for." Gee, thanks!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Maybe related, if there were multiple hits planned: Explosion threat in Toronto

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Im calling false-flag on this one. Why would the CIA/FBI raid their own "false-flag", they'd have less to gain from it by announcing they have wanted suspects at large or in custody than they would if they utilised the operation and set off whatever plan that was due to go ahead. Maybe one of their informants was talking too much and so the whole thing had to be shut down incase word got out?
It just wouldn't make sense, plot wise, to simply shut down a False-Flag operation in the public view knowing full well it would cost Billions in lost military contracts and justification for more Troop deployment.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just a thought, but if they executed an actual search warrant and found some items that were not on the list but items that are significantly important to national security or from which country some of these hypothetical items originated that might cause an international incident, then perhaps the FBI went to Congress not just to brief, but to be debriefed on which course of action to take.

Not to overly speculate but if their were say some Chinese or Russian detonators for a small yield (backpack/briefcase) nuclear device, then letting Congress dictate how to act upon the information before it becomes public knowledge would be a very prudent move.

Either way, if it was something that *had* to be presented to Congress, I am sure the president was already directly informed by the FBI on what exactly was found.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why is everyone keep posting MSM sources, and what´s worse, basing their assumptions on them ?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Crying wolf is sooo the "in" thing right now. This is just more ear food for the masses to spin up the public. Of course, its also a GREAT way to see just how in tune the public is to a crisis - wait a little longer and less people pay attention, then let hell break loose.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterconnecteD
Terriost?
(first thought Taliban looking mofo)
(second thought)
DHS released their New Terriost list... or w/e ... I mean they call people goers of the town hall meeting right wing terriost ...
... heard about new tape about laden earlier, on my way out the door this morning to... ?

Yo, I found Bin Laden on a plywood sheet back in my garage o_O
Stop searching!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2b5a46c7afb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
I can tell you that the people around here don't give a crap about anything, we are the most unafraid people in the country.

When do we care? When something really happens. And what do we do? We stay put. No one around here goes running away scared.

I live right at the border of Queens and Nassau County, NY.

So true Electro!
It's the whole NY attitude. "Hey yous, I already live in New Yawk and thrive, what could yous possibly bring?" (Do yous like my-a New Yawk accident dere?)

Look at the 9/11 footage. If I saw a plane hit a freakin' building I would have been swimmin' home to Jersey in minutes if I had to. (I'd stop and look back once in Weehawken, I'm no wus!) But the New Yorkers on the street? They all moved to where they could see better and eventually got chased by the debris cloud. Like they were watching a flat screen billboard in Times Square. Yeah I know, it was a surreal event and people were mesmerized by the horror. And of course most people figured they were far enough away aaaaaand.... nobody contemplated that the towers could or would fall from even a plane crash.

But despite those unique circumstances I think most New Yorkers feel a bit "bullet proof". After all like Frank said: "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere".

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think whenever the cia wants to stir up some crap they haul out a bin laden tape and then follow it with some kind of BS happening in NY. NY is key to their baloney.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Originally posted by Electro38

I live right at the border of Queens and Nassau County, NY.

So true Electro!
It's the whole NY attitude. "Hey yous, I already live in New Yawk and thrive, what could yous possibly bring?" (Do yous like my-a New Yawk accident dere?)

Look at the 9/11 footage. If I saw a plane hit a freakin' building I would have been swimmin' home to Jersey in minutes if I had to. (I'd stop and look back once in Weehawken, I'm no wus!) But the New Yorkers on the street? They all moved to where they could see better and eventually got chased by the debris cloud. Like they were watching a flat screen billboard in Times Square. Yeah I know, it was a surreal event and people were mesmerized by the horror. And of course most people figured they were far enough away aaaaaand.... nobody contemplated that the towers could or would fall from even a plane crash.

But despite those unique circumstances I think most New Yorkers feel a bit "bullet proof". After all like Frank said: "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere".

True, true. People who live in the outer boroughs, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and the part of Long Island that is close to the city are actually tougher than the real residents of Manhattan. Those people we saw in the 9-11 footage were mostly from the outer boroughs, not Manhattan residents. We all commute to Manhattan to work or party.

That said, we (the people from the outer boroughs like Queens) have so much crap going on in our lives, and the fact that we have to deal with a lot more stuff than people who live elsewhere, we have this attitude that keeps us going, keeps us working. Explode the largest buildings in our city? Ok, time to go to work!

That's no exaggeration, everyone I knew who worked in Manhattan wanted to get the hell back to work after 9-11.

We're not dumb, but we don't let crap stop us. There's no running away around here.

We have all kinds of weird stuff happening here everyday, if we ran every time there would be no time for calzones, or calamari (pronounced calamaad around here), oohhh!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
Why is everyone keep posting MSM sources, and what´s worse, basing their assumptions on them ?

Because people are masochists for $600 Alex!!!

????????

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I would say this is likely related to "American Hiroshima" which has apparently been in planning for sometime using as many as 30+ recharged russian 1kt suitcase nukes. They probably found the NY package and must tell congress there are dozens of 1kt nukes in the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join