It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

ElectricUniverse you are in danger of looking like you haven't read this thread before replying. We have covered all of what you describe, the whole point is that no other country on the planet claims to be the greatest and ignore it's own problems like America does. THAT is the big difference here. Do not try and claim that America doesn't do this as that would be willful ignorance.

Wow, this coming from an Australian...humm, I wonder what Australians did with the indigenous people of Australia?...

I guess your country and your people loved the aboriginees and let them live in peace heh?....

I read the thread, and I read what you just said which is nothing more than BS..

Even Australians have a sense of "patriotism" but people like you exagerate and even lie claiming The United States is different...

This is nothing more than another rant to bash and blame "The United States of America".....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintal
When France told you not to go to Iraq you lashed out a hate propaganda campaign instead of seeing it was out of friendship that they disapproved you.

You have decimated (killed 10% of) the Iraqi people (if we add the UN blockade to the post-911 invasion) and when some europeans are outraged you cry "hatred".

Wow ignorance at it's worse...

I guess France, Germany, and the other countries who were againt the iraqi war had nothing to do with the fact that THEY HAD DEALS WITH SADDAM HUSSEIN IN THE OIL FOR FOOD SCAM....

Meanwhile those European countries kept getting rich over 500,000 Iraqi children of under 5 years old were dying because they were not receiving the help that was supposed to arrive from the Oil for Food SCAM which many nations from the UN, and which were against the war in Iraq were a part of this scam.....

But hey, keep embracing ignorance....

[edit on 14-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Oh dear, you really didn't read the thread did you? If you had you would have seen the posts where others pointed this out and I replied by saying that Australia doesn't claim to be the greatest country on Earth nor do we ignore our own problems. I even provided a link to an official apology from our Government to the Aboriginal people which is a BIG start in reconciliation with them. Unlike us though, America CONSTANTLY claims to be the greatest nation on Earth and COMPLETELY ignores its own problems in doing so.

Therein lies the difference.

I am not going to discuss this any further with you as you are literally just regurgitating what other people have said in this thread that has already been dealt with and answered. You seem intent on just going around in circles and ignoring all the previous posts in this thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
During the '08 election cycle, my friend and I had an argument over whether America was too racist to elect a black man for president. He thought "we" were, I strongly disagreed. I eventually got to say "I told you so" and he graciously admitted he was wrong. We are both white and left-leaning politically. I'm from Mississippi originally, he's from DC. I think that says volumes. It is my view that when forced to face our racist past, with shame and acceptance, we generally rise to the best in our humanity. Though this may surprise some, today Mississippi is one of the LEAST racist places in America. DC, I could argue, one of the most. The place that forced integration on the south (DC) is hardly integrated at all. I think its somewhat about humility. We are not a racist country, but we could use a little more self awareness and humility.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
thats actually not true. america doesnt contribute the most money. many other countries contribute much more than we do.

oh boy..... You do need to inform yourself before speaking about things you have no idea about...

photos.state.gov..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
24 May 2007

United States Is Largest Donor of Foreign Aid, Report Says
Americans favor private giving, people-to-people contacts

Washington — The United States is the single largest donor of foreign economic aid, but, unlike many other developed nations, Americans prefer to donate their money through the private sector, according to a new report published by a Washington research organization.

Of the $122.8 billion of foreign aid provided by Americans in 2005 (the most current data available), $95.5 billion, or 79 percent, came from private foundations, corporations, voluntary organizations, universities, religious organizations and individuals, says the annual Index of Global Philanthropy.

The index was issued May 24 by the Center for Global Prosperity at the Hudson Institute, a Washington-based nonpartisan research organization.

www.america.gov...

This is like the lie from those who hate Israel and the U.S. and claim we only give aid to Israel...

Quick Facts
! The United States has never provided aid to the Palestine Liberation
Organization (PLO).
! The United States has provided aid directly to the Palestinian Authority
(PA) three times; $36 million in FY1994, $20 million in FY2003, and
$20 million in FY2005.
! U.S. economic aid to the Palestinians has averaged about $85 million per
year since 1993; there has been no military aid. (See Table 3, page 6.)
! The President has requested $150 million in FY2006 and an additional
$200 million in FY2005 supplemental aid for the Palestinians.
! About 80% of U.S. aid to the Palestinians is channeled through
contractors and 20% is channeled through private voluntary
organizations, both groups selected and monitored by USAID.
! U.S. aid for the Palestinians has not been earmarked in appropriations
bills since 1975.

U.S. Aid for the Palestinians
The United States began providing assistance for the Palestinians in 1950 with
contributions to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), the
international body created to provide food, shelter, medical attention, and education for
the Palestinian refugees from the 1948-1949 Arab-Israeli war. (See section on UNRWA
below.) In 1975, with strong support from private voluntary organizations, the United
States began to provide foreign assistance for Palestinian projects, primarily humanitarian
(child care, medical clinics) or infrastructure (clean water, roads, schools). Since 1975,
about 80% of U.S. aid funds for the Palestinians has gone through contractors and 20%
has gone through private voluntary organizations (PVOs). USAID selects the contractors
and PVOs, monitors their projects, and audits their accounts.

fpc.state.gov...

Even now when we should be HELPING AMERICANS SINCE WE ARE IN A DEPRESSION...

US Provides $200 Million in Aid to Palestinians
By Andre de Nesnera
Washington
24 July 2009

The United States has announced a financial aid package to the Palestinian Authority. The announcement was made as a senior U.S. official prepares to hold talks with Syria.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (File)
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the $200 million is to help the Palestinian Authority improve the lives of people in the region. And she said the United States will continue to be a partner with the Palestinian people.

www.voanews.com...

Right now AMERICANS need aid, yet the Obama administration is going to send $200 million to Palestine, as well as money to other countries when AMERICANS HAVE BEEN LOSING JOBS LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW...and meanwhile we are still in an economic crisis which IS A DEPRESSION even when the government claims it is not...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This post is a joke.

America is the most diverse nation in the world. To overcome much of our past the way we have is a testament to our great tolerance and decency as a people. Overall, our culture has become one that judges a person based on their character without mandated hate speech laws and the like.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Therein lies the difference.

I am not going to discuss this any further with you as you are literally just regurgitating what other people have said in this thread that has already been dealt with and answered. You seem intent on just going around in circles and ignoring all the previous posts in this thread.

Of course you are not, you would rather continue playing the "high allmighty" and keep pointing fingers at "the United States of America"...

If other members are agreeing with me is probably due to the fact that you, like some others, have decided to be in your "general's chair" and keep blaming "the United States of America", throwing insults, and patronizing an entire nation....

Keep sitting in your chair and keep pointing fingers meanwhile claiming "Americans are the problem"...

It is obvious from where the hatred, and bigotry is coming from...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Whoopdie doo, so with all the evil you perpetrate as a country on other countries and on yourselves, you think a little charitable donation to poorer countries excuses and exemplifies that? You think that the fact that America claims to be the Greatest Nation on Earth and yet ignores it's own evils is excusable when you give some poorer countries a little money?

My god man, you want to be put up on a pedestal for helping poorer people? Never mind the fact that between your countries rich and the Europeans you could afford to feed the entire worlds poor for the next century. What do you want a bloody medal?

All you have essentially done is prove my entire point in this thread. That America, despite it's evils, has a problem admitting it and when taken to task on the issue, would prefer to continue to cover it up by showing examples of a few times when you gave some money to a poorer country - a country that at some point in the past America would have had a hand in screwing up in the first place.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This is an interesting prediction about America.
www.near-death.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Of course you are not, you would rather continue playing the "high allmighty" and keep pointing fingers at "the United States of America"...

Keep sitting in your chair and keep pointing fingers meanwhile claiming "Americans are the problem"...

The day that America does not claim to be the greatest nation on Earth, the day that America withdraws from the numerous countries you have set up base in, the day that America stops policing the world and claiming to be the almighty be all and end all of Justice in this world - ON THAT DAY AND THAT DAY ALONE shall I stop pointing the finger at America when things go wrong.

You wanna be the boss-man of this world? Be prepared to have the finger pointed at you when it all goes to the crapper.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

What many people do not realise is that we are in dire times, that the future of our delicate planet has never been in any more danger than it is now, from US, humanity. If we do not unite and fix this then we may as well bend over, put our collective heads between our legs and kiss our asses goodbye.

Oh boy....another Global Warming Hoax fan.... People can help the environment, but the environment does not make the climate.... The Earth is not going to die because of mankind but it does seem that we are heading to another LIA and still you get people holding desperately to the GLobal Warming Hoax, even after being shown to be nothing more than a scam to control people and squeeze people of money...

Thank you very much but we are not going to unite for a hoax....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

The day that America does not claim to be the greatest nation on Earth, the day that America withdraws from the numerous countries you have set up base in, the day that America stops policing the world and claiming to be the almighty be all and end all of Justice in this world - ON THAT DAY AND THAT DAY ALONE shall I stop pointing the finger at America when things go wrong.

You wanna be the boss-man of this world? Be prepared to have the finger pointed at you when it all goes to the crapper.

How many countries does UN troops reside in?... #, we even have French, Indian, German and troops from ALL over the globe training in the U.S. I guess we have been invaded by these other nations, and since they have been around for decades the United States was invaded by these nations........

OMG, we are the bosses, I mean every nation does what the U.S. tells them to do heh?...

You keep showing to be nothing more than another poster who hates the United States for no real reason... Perhaps it is time for you to grow up.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The last time I checked, we still have to put guards on the borders to keep people from getting in the country, not out.

if someone hates the US enough, leave while you still have a chance, and don'tlet the door bump you in your arse on the way out.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

What on Earth are you talking about?

1. I am NOT a proponent of the GW hoax, a quick check of my profile will verify that - not that hard to do mate.

2. You are grasping at straws. You don't like what I am saying but have nothing to offer in the form of an on-topic retort so you have resorted to attempting to back me into a corner on un unrelated topic so you can bite me back. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, I WILL NOT BE BAITED.

3. By attempting to bait me, and by your actions of self-denial on the topic at hand, you are indeed proving every point I have made in this thread. Thankyou for that, thankyou.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

You keep showing to be nothing more than another poster who hates the United States for no real reason... Perhaps it is time for you to grow up.

Again with the not reading the whole thread huh? Because if you had you would have seen the multiple posts where I indicated I do not hate Americans, that I have many American friends and that I am simply attempting to explain to America why the rest of the world hates you at the moment. I am describing FACTS, not my own personal opinion.

I am sorry that you are ignorant of what I am trying to say in this thread, that you find it necessary to label and vilify me instead of discussing the issue like an adult and possibly finding solutions, I didn't think it was that hard a thing to ask but then again....seems I am proven wrong.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

What on Earth are you talking about?

1. I am NOT a proponent of the GW hoax, a quick check of my profile will verify that - not that hard to do mate.

Really?...

What many people do not realise is that by even defining a boundary like black/white/asian/hispanic etc etc they are making it IMPOSSIBLE to work together as a whole and fix our ailing planet. What many people do not realise is that we are in dire times, that the future of our delicate planet has never been in any more danger than it is now, from US, humanity. If we do not unite and fix this then we may as well bend over, put our collective heads between our legs and kiss our asses goodbye.

Sounds like the desperate attemps from a Global Warming Hoax fan...

The Earth is not "in desperate, dire times" and nothing mankind does will stop Climate change....

2. You are grasping at straws. You don't like what I am saying but have nothing to offer in the form of an on-topic retort so you have resorted to attempting to back me into a corner on un unrelated topic so you can bite me back. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, I WILL NOT BE BAITED.

Wow, so now i am baiting?... I am the one throwing stupid insults at an entire nation?....

Nice try...you, and people like you are the ones baiting... BTW i posted those links about AID because another member said we did not send the most aid to others, when in fact we do... Setting things straight, and SHOWING THE TRUTH is now proof of your lies?....

3. By attempting to bait me, and by your actions of self-denial on the topic at hand, you are indeed proving every point I have made in this thread. Thankyou for that, thankyou.

Stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking... The one who has kept baiting "Americans" and keep bashing the United States is you...as well as some others who have nothing better to do...

I haven't proven any of your points but you are too naive, and in "self denial" of your bigotry, and hatred that you can't see the truth even if it bit you...

So keep baiting, and keep bashing the united States of America, it is obvious of who is the "high allmighty"....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
You are simply wrong. America IS SICK but NOT for the reasons you mention. It is sick because too many people want a "free ride", and our leaders have abdicated their responsibility to the Constitution and the intent of the founding fathers.

Many do not like Obama, NOT BECAUSE HE IS BLACK, because he is a total failure and most importantly he REFUSES to reveal anything about himself. No real birth certificate, no college or university records, no passport information, no records of his time in the Illinois legislature or the U.S. Senate. Largely because the media and the DNC failed to properly vett him, we have a man in the White House who we know less about than anyone who has ever occupied the office. I personally believe he is intent on the destruction of our country.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

You are still grasping at straws. That particular comment regarding 'dire times' was not in reference to the bloody weather. Did you miss the part of that same sentence where I talked about BLOWING OURSELVES TO KINGDOM COME???? Please, enlighten me as to how that is even REMOTELY related to Global Warming?

If you are going to continue with your baseless and unresearched accusations at least do yourself a favour and check out my profile before making a complete ass out of yourself.

[edit on 14/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I am sorry that you are ignorant of what I am trying to say in this thread, that you find it necessary to label and vilify me instead of discussing the issue like an adult and possibly finding solutions, I didn't think it was that hard a thing to ask but then again....seems I am proven wrong.

Oh yes sorry master, *bows down to the great master*

Do you want me to clean your shoes for you?...

Perhaps I can kiss your feet, would that make you feel better *master*?....
(sarcasm off) Yes, you are wrong...

The hatred for the United States is nothing new. I lived in Europe for almost 10 years, and I was born in a Communist nation, I know very well how long there has been hatred for the United States...

Perhaps you have never in your life heard of Gordon Sinclair's "The Americans", a speech made by a CANADIAN in 1973 about the hatred against the United States of America which has been ongoing for DECADES, and it is not something recent...

The United States dollar took another pounding on German, French and British exchanges this morning, hitting the lowest point ever known in West Germany. It has declined there by 41% since 1971 and this Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least-appreciated people in all the earth.

As long as sixty years ago, when I first started to read newspapers, I read of floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtse. Who rushed in with men and money to help? The Americans did.

They have helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the Niger. Today, the rich bottom land of the Misssissippi is under water and no foreign land has sent a dollar to help. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of those countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When the franc was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When distant cities are hit by earthquakes, it is the United States that hurries into help... Managua Nicaragua is one of the most recent examples. So far this spring, 59 American communities have been flattened by tornadoes. Nobody has helped.

The Marshall Plan .. the Truman Policy .. all pumped billions upon billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now, newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent war-mongering Americans.

I'd like to see one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplanes.

Come on... let's hear it! Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tristar or the Douglas 107? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all international lines except Russia fly American planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or women on the moon?

You talk about Japanese technocracy and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy and you find men on the moon, not once, but several times ... and safely home again. You talk about scandals and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everyone to look at. Even the draft dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, most of them ... unless they are breaking Canadian laws .. are getting American dollars from Ma and Pa at home to spend here.

When the Americans get out of this bind ... as they will... who could blame them if they said 'the hell with the rest of the world'. Let someone else buy the Israel bonds, Let someone else build or repair foreign dams or design foreign buildings that won't shake apart in earthquakes.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke. I can name to you 5,000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble.

Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbours have faced it alone and I am one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles.

I hope Canada is not one of these. But there are many smug, self-righteous Canadians. And finally, the American Red Cross was told at its 48th Annual meeting in New Orleans this morning that it was broke.

This year's disasters .. with the year less than half-over… has taken it all and nobody...but nobody... has helped.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL SCRIPT
COURTESY STANDARD BROADCASTING CORPORATION LTD.
(c) 1973 BY GORDON SINCLAIR
PUBLISHED BY STAR QUALITY MUSIC (SOCAN)
A DIVISION OF UNIDISC MUSIC INC.
578 HYMUS BOULEVARD
POINTE-CLAIRE, QUEBEC,
CANADA, H9R 4T2

www.tysknews.com...

But ignorant people keep claiming the hatred for the United States is something new, and they keep pointing fingers like the bigots that they are...

If you are too lazy to read you can listen to what this man had to say which is true even today thanks to people like you....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

But ignorant people keep claiming the hatred for the United States is something new,

Be my guest and please quote my posts where I have claimed that the hatred is something new. Please, enlighten all of us....

and they keep pointing fingers like the bigots that they are...

So you claim that you are the greatest nation on Earth, you take it upon yourselves to unwantedly police the world and take control of the global markets through the US dollar - you claim to exert ALL of this control and yet when it all goes wrong you claim innocence and get offended when people point the finger at you? That's a bloody disgrace, nothing less.

If you are too lazy to read

It is not I who is too lazy to read, it is you as you have shown multiple examples of where you have either NOT READ or COMPLETELY IGNORED most of my other posts in this thread. If, indeed, you actually had read them properly you would know my viewpoint on this issue and would not be attacking me.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join