It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic Weapons Used in Iraq Positioned At Congressional Townhall Meetings in San Diego County

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Sonic Weapons Used in Iraq Positioned At Congressional Townhall Meetings in San Diego County

eastcountymagazine.org

“Long-range acoustic devices [LRADs] for crowd control can be extremely dangerous. These are used in Iraq to control insurgents. They can cause serious and lasting harm to humans…We want to know WHY our Sheriff Dept has this weapon,” Sal Magallanez of San Diego-based Liberty One Radio said in an e-mail sent to East County Magazine. The device was stationed by San Diego County Sheriff deputies at a recent town hall forum hosted by Congresswoman Susan Davis (D-San Diego) in Spring Valley and at a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

A public records search conducted by East County Magazine has confirmed that the device is an LRAD 500-x manufactured by San Diego-based American Technology Corporation (ATC). Capable of use as an effective loudspeaker, the LRAD also has the ability to emit a deafening tone aimed at incapacitating and dispersing a crowd without use of lethal force.

Navy News describes the LRAD as "louder than a jet engine" and helpfully explains that it overwhelms its targets with "sound so loud they hear it inside their heads."

This is some scary stuff.

This is just like tazers on a much bigger scale.
Law enforcers are no longer able to control a situation without using the worst resources possible.

Can't really look at them as heroes anymore, at least specific ones. But even the good apples still work under the same umbrella that supports these crowd control initiatives.

eastcountymagazine.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
well the collapse is coming in the near future

Insiders sell like there's no tomorrow
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Good grief. I'm starting to look forward to anarchy.

This is just stupid and inhumane.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It would be a darn shame if one those accidently caught on fire...darn shame.
Buckle your seatbelts folks.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is a very good documentary about the laser weapons that have been used in Iraq.

Have a look at 1.37 min from part III:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

The weaponry being used today is the sting like the scorpion. ..silent sound, taser, microwave crowd control.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think you people are blowing this out of proportion.

It's just a directional loudspeaker!

You can play music, voice, tones, and any sound out of it. You can control the volume, and the direction the sound is heard.

They were just using it to issue commands to people with their voice. Sure if they wanted they could turn the volume up and play a loud noise and hurt your ears, but, so could a teenager with a good sound system in their car.

If you don't like it, just get some ear plugs.

This is not anything like a taser, like the OP says. Nor is it a microwave weapon, or a laser. It's just sound.

It's just an advanced Public Address (P.A.) System!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Good grief. I'm starting to look forward to anarchy.

This is just stupid and inhumane.

so is carrying semi-auto weapons to a healthcare forum...maybe, just maybe, the presence of these weapons at other healthcare forums freaked the san diego police a little

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nines

Dear sir or mam, do you have any clue as to what you are talking about? Other than the fact that you are right about it being and advance PA system. You are simply off base big time when you say that it will simply hurt your ears. You just have no clue as to what you are describing.

The LRAD 500 can inflict pretty severe damage (permanent) to the ears and membranes of the body. Sorry, this is NOT being blown out of proportion. There are plenty of PA systems out there that cannot be turned into weapons. Because do not lie to yourself, this can definitely be used as a pretty severe weapon.

Edit to add: The "it's just sound" statement is probably the most laughable in your entire post. Sound waves can cause SERIOUS damage to not only life forms but to structures as well.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by dariousg]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm sure they won't be as concerned about the sonic weapons once the machine guns are back out on their barbed wired and sandbag surrounded towers.

Cue the "Hogans Heroes" soundtrack.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
so is carrying semi-auto weapons to a healthcare forum...maybe, just maybe, the presence of these weapons at other healthcare forums freaked the san diego police a little

Why would somebody exercising their lawful Second amendment rights make police nervous. Everything that I read about that stated that the police had no problem with it, only MSNBC had a problem with it. Now think about this for a moment. How many people were there with weapons that you couldn't see. I could walk up and chat with you and you would never know that I was carrying two semiautomatic pistols and 100 rounds of ammo. The best part is that I can do that legally as well. If the San Diego Police get freaked out that easy, maybe they should find another line of work.

Right now I'm more concerned about getting to work during the G20 summit in Pittsburgh in a few weeks. I just turned down some big money to take a some vacation time and work as an armed security guard for businesses in the area.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Do YOU know what you are talking about?

I've already had the privilege of standing in front of an LRAD at full blast. The only thing it hurts is your ears, and eyes...

It is sound. Sound is just vibration.

It will only damage your ears, and temporarily tickle/sting your eyes, nothing more.

You should at least research, or try it, before you spread your ignorance. I can't believe someone gave your lack of knowledge post a star.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Nines]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Why would somebody exercising their lawful Second amendment rights make police nervous. Everything that I read about that stated that the police had no problem with it, only MSNBC had a problem with it. Now think about this for a moment. How many people were there with weapons that you couldn't see. I could walk up and chat with you and you would never know that I was carrying two semiautomatic pistols and 100 rounds of ammo. The best part is that I can do that legally as well. If the San Diego Police get freaked out that easy, maybe they should find another line of work.

Right now I'm more concerned about getting to work during the G20 summit in Pittsburgh in a few weeks. I just turned down some big money to take a some vacation time and work as an armed security guard for businesses in the area.

oookkkk...so if i came to your street and stood lawfully on public property with a semi-auto ak47 slung on my shoulder and stood facing your house, it wouldn't bother you or your wife (if you have one) or your children (if you have any), and if i held a big sign up, saying you were a home grown nazi (freedom of speech you know), no big deal right???

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nines

I dont believe you. and if you have had the "privilige" of standing infront of one of these "full blast" please explain to us how you came to be in this cituation. do you work with these? or work within the goverment?

[edit on 11-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nines
I think you people are blowing this out of proportion.

It's just a directional loudspeaker!

You can play music, voice, tones, and any sound out of it. You can control the volume, and the direction the sound is heard.

They were just using it to issue commands to people with their voice. Sure if they wanted they could turn the volume up and play a loud noise and hurt your ears, but, so could a teenager with a good sound system in their car.

If you don't like it, just get some ear plugs.

This is not anything like a taser, like the OP says. Nor is it a microwave weapon, or a laser. It's just sound.

It's just an advanced Public Address (P.A.) System!

You have to be kidding?

It's a weapon, that uses sound, ear plugs wouldn't work. It can be used as an effective speaker, becuase it is a speaker, but it is a speaker designed to incapacitate.

You passing it off as just an advanced PA system, is to me, ridiculous. Although I'd have to say that in the end, these will get turned into a security/PA system, but the way you brushed it off so quickly is the main reason why the rest of us who don't want them will end up getting them forced on us, even if we are the majority.

Sound can do alot more than deafen you if used properly. Look up Cymatics.

Imagine these everywhere, shops, restaraunts, in the street. Talk about population control.

Does anyone know what the topic of the meeting was about? I'd assume it's an important state meeting if the congressman of said state was attending, or is that usual?

Are these permanently installed, or were they only there for the meeting?

Anyone else getting the feeling we may be seeing alot more of these?

EMM

[edit on 11-9-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by Nines

I dont believe you. and if you have had the "privilige" of standing infront of one of these "full blast" please explain to us how you came to be in this cituation. do you work with these? or work within the goverment?

You don't have to believe me, you just have to RESEARCH!.

These are not only used in government or military, they are also used for commercial applications.

For your information, I do have connections to people who have access to an LRAD. I also went to a technology demo of an LRAD. You can even request a demo on the LRAD's web page.

These are JUST SPEAKERS, it is JUST SOUND.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's instructive to note that any loudspeaker of equal size will generate a beam of the same directivity as LRAD.

it uses an array of conventional acoustic tweeters, the same as those used in many professional audio applications, all driven together in parallel.

It's just a loud sound.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

oookkkk...so if i came to your street and stood lawfully on public property with a semi-auto ak47 slung on my shoulder and stood facing your house, it wouldn't bother you or your wife (if you have one) or your children (if you have any), and if i held a big sign up, saying you were a home grown nazi (freedom of speech you know), no big deal right???

If you came on to my street with your SKS slung on your shoulder and stood facing my house, yes, you would have a problem. Especially if you held up a big sign saying I was a Nazi.

See here's the flaw in your logic. First, I have only heard about two people at town hall meetings who were openly carrying weapons. The one was at an appearance of Obama, where the guy didn't try to go into the hall where Obama was speaking. The second was the black man with the AR-15 slung, muzzle down over his shoulder. There was no mention of either man carrying signs calling anybody a Nazi or anything else.
Second, by your stopping and staring at my house, you have focused your attention. There is no record of either of the two men focusing their attention on anybody. By having a sign calling me a Nazi, you have specifically focused your attention on me, which constitutes an implied threat. In most places that negates your right to be carrying a weapon. It also justifies me in calling the police and covering you from my window with my rifle until the police arrive.

You with an SKS not knowing my exact location and me with my .303 Lee Enfield shooting from cover, I like my chances.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nines

Well then why does it cost so much more than a really good PA? And why is it effective at stopping pirates with AK47's? And why does a company exist to specifically sell a system that is so mundane?

I went to a SWAT demonstration, and I stood in front of the SWAT team, but I still realize how dangerous they are? I have maced and tazered myself, and I still see danger in these items!!

This is not just a really loud sound! Even a quiet sound can bring down buildings and bridges, make you ill, disorient you, or drive you insane!!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Perhaps the problem has eluded some of you. The problem is control. I don't intend on being the victim of crowd control no matter who thinks they have the right to do it. Crowd control - think about it. Controlling crowds (cattle) is more efficient if you can implement a weapon that does not cause bloodshed or death...just torture and one that can be used from a safe distance (for the perpetrator). This is ok with you? Are you that afraid of the world that you would happily give away your own freedom and rights to authorities who will use force against, not only your protagonists, but you as well?

My goodness people. Think.

These are public meetings with representatives of our government we are talking about here. The fears over citizens attending town halls exercising their right to bear arms has been for nothing. No incidents whatsoever occured other than media FEARMONGERING designed to convince you give up your rights along with your common sense.

These weapons are being used to control your behavior just like they were used in Iraq to control the Iraqi's behavior. And you are defending it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join