It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insiders sell like there's no tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Corporate officers and directors were buying stock when the market hit bottom. What does it say that they're selling now?

It tells you that if your in the stock market and made some money in the past few months its time to sell now.

Corporate officers and directors have been selling shares at a pace last seen just before the onset of the subprime malaise two years ago.

It suggests that those with the first read on business trends don't believe current stock prices are justified by economic fundamentals.

There were $31 worth of insider stock sales in August for every $1 of insider buys

Its been a good run. Now is the time to get out. Look out below.....
money.cnn.com...

Bottom was about 6500. Does anyone think the DOW will go that low again?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

They know SHTF very soon

Follow the money

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Rats will flee from a sinking ship.

It's natural that the ones in the bilge know that they are taking on water first.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Interesting this is coming from CNN.

The "economy is improving" news network.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So, over the last hour or so, Coast Guard fires on a boat, then covered up with BS story, Economic Bad News, Rockets Fired at Israel from Lebanon, and a Sonic Weapon used in Iraq was set up in San Diego for a Town Hall meeting?

Typical Friday, nothing to see here!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
So, over the last hour or so, Coast Guard fires on a boat, then covered up with BS story, Economic Bad News, Rockets Fired at Israel from Lebanon, and a Sonic Weapon used in Iraq was set up in San Diego for a Town Hall meeting?

Typical Friday, nothing to see here!

I agree . There is so much going on its hard to keep up with all the threads. I feel the momentum will increase untill all hell has broken loose.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I just wish it would hurry up and get started, so we can hurry up and end it . . . or die trying.

I hate waiting.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Interesting read. If they are selling like there's no tomorrow there must be no tomorrow in the figurative sense, not in the literal sense, after all, this doom is not that fresh.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Maybe they're honoring those brave inside-traders who valiantly fought for personal gain amidst the collective suffering 8 years past.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Given the recent warnings about china reneging on its derivatives, not to mention the rate of bank failures in the past two months exceeding the rate of failures seen during the summer of 2008, I would believe that it's safe to say that this fall is going to bring about an even worse crash than 2008.

Like a train rolling down a mountainside, we're about to hit another bump.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the mid-west being nuked in the next 36 hours...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think the question that we should be asking is for how much longer can this go on for until the bubble bursts. The rise in gold in the last few days indicates that something is on the brink. I'm no expert to say the lest but surely this has to come to a head sooner then later.

Errrrr.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I said it in the other thread, but I'll say it here too:

This is an extremely importnat find and something that everyone needs to take notice of. Nearly every major crisis in recent history has been preceded by sell-off.

Not many better tools for predicting whats coming than watching what the insiders are doing....

S&F

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Any one see any "Short" positions similar to the Airlines prior to 9/11?

I am not too savvy on the Stock Market stuff, but Tentickles or WarrenB or Captain may get info? If there is a rise in short positions, then we will know where to look for trouble!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the stock market is up about 50% in 6 months.
In comparison to the great stock market crash of 1929 to 1932, the second big movement in that crash was a rise of nearly 50% as well.
If we are heading towards a great depression I would not expect the Dow
to reach 11,100 ever again(above last years Sept 29th day that had the Dow drop 777.7 points), with the likely turning point anywhere between 9500 and 10,700.

I've studied the stock market movements of the last 120 years and it seems that EVERY TIME the market losses roughly half it's value, the market turns around and goes up from there....a natural and psychological support zone.
And in the case of the great crash of 1929-1932 and the great recession of 2008-2009 the stock market also produced such a turning point around the half way down point. Now it's a matter of wait-and-see if the present day stock market crash follows the 1929 behavior... thus also demonstrating that a natural and psychological resistance zone exists about "half-way up" or (differently) about 50% up from the major low for markets that are "sick." A sick market would reveal itself by the symptom of not having the strength to push too far up into the "upper half" and consequently latter having no strength to stop itself from a free-fall.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Phantomfire707]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the knowledge Phantom, much appreciated
and duly noted!! I'm not stock market savvy by any means, so i'll be keeping an eye on this thread and others like it for the time being.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Fox reported earlier that the market closed today at the exact dollar amount of Sept 10th 2001.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Do you have those numbers? Or do I have to go get them myself? Wait, what numbers are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is a particular concern to me.

Insider selling is often a predictor of a coming downward trend.

I've just gotten back to where my stocks were before the crash so needless to say, I'll be watching this closely.

The other explanation is that insiders bought heavily when the dow was at 6600 and are now doing some profit taking.

If a selloff starts, I'll be selling.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
September 10, 2001 Dow 9,605.50 -9.28%

Today

Dow
9,605 -22 -0.23%

top topics

<<   2 >>

join