It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a deadly accurate theory about what the biblical "BEAST" is...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
FM, I did the math, I also agree with Winston. So it is three to 1. Who is right? Three people who did the math. One person who did the math wrong. Let's see.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What is popular is not always right, what is right is not always popular.

It is equally possible you are just all wrong (in fact you are all wrong) and I am right.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
you people are still on that decimal babylonian numerical stuff, give it a rest.

we all know the Vatican is the whore of Babylon in Revelations... it's no government secret.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Is not converting from anything, that simply is taking the way the babylonians would write the VALUE 21966. Understand that? 666 in babylonian means the value 21966, so if in the bible the mark of the beast were 21966, then the number we would derive as it would be written in babylonian, would be 666. I hope this finalizes the facts, and helps you to all see your error.

Ah, the legendary Free Mason audacity. Repeat what I've been saying all along, but when Free Mason says it, it points out my error.

Amazing.

Astounding.

Fantastic.

You sir, need professional help.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ah ah ahh...Winston old friend.

You've failed again, this time you didn't even address what I had wrote, I have proved you wrong, now let us move this topic along its predestined path.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
FreeMason,

You just can't admit when your wrong can you?

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You have done nothing but prove you are a petty person who takes offense with anyone who disagrees. You attack and belittle those who start out by simply pointing out a bit of error.

You have also proven you have difficulty grasping basic mathematics. You seem to want to invent your own math that suits your own agenda (whatever that is).

You have also proven some serious issues with reading comprehension. Perhaps you see what you want, regardless of the facts in front of your face.

You have proven a great desire to present your theories and be celebrated by what you believe to be their brilliance, but without challenge. Again, I urge you to reconsider the forum in which you do this.

In the end, both on your math and the issues Mr. Byrd (excellent my friend, that simple, elegant point evaded my notice, very good work Mr. Byrd) has pointed out, your theory on the Beast is so flawed it cannot continue.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't get aggrevated at those who disagree with me, simply at Trolls who refuse to admit they are wrong when they are wrong.

Face it, you took the Babylonian numbers and converted them to decimals 6,6,6 = 21966...when what I was referring to though misstated, was taking Decimal numbers 666 and converting them to Babylonian 11,6.

Now you've not even mentioned ONCE anything to refute that because you and everone else here knows I'm right about that.

Stop trolling and be more as you preach.

Lead by example.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I've got a question, how can you even be sure that 666 was written in babylonian term's? Considering it was a dead language and math ... wouldn't that void your so called theory and make it a personal opinion?

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Okay stop arguing, I agree with deep, but someone find a program that converts base 60 to decimal, okay? If there is none then someone write one, its not that hard, and it will solve this a whole lot easier. before one of you gets banned.

xaos

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
after working trying to figure out how FM got 666 to equal 116 i think i solved it

i think he said this
6/1=6
60/6=10
600/6=100
and then when ones adds it up it equal 116
but in my opinion that is the wrong way of solving that 666 to the base of 60.
i still stick to my fact that 666= 21966
because if one is going from base 10 to base 60 there is no way that the result could be less than the base 10 number
anyways i think that is funny how we are arguing over a mathematical problem that just has one answer

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
We aren't arguing over a math problem with one answer, but a math problem with 2 answers, dealing with 2 definitions.

Your way of doing it Blugrl (winston's way whatever) is taking 666 as a babylonian number and expanding it to 21966 in decimal notation.

My way of doing it is taking 666 as a decimal notation, and collapsing it to 11,6 in babylonian notations.

Neither of us are wrong, it is simply the definition of what is being done, and Winston's refuse of accepting that fact.

Also 6/1=6 so on....I don't think works. While it works for this case I guess, it is still wrong.

I'm going (6*60^0) + (11*60^1) = 666 and taking the coefficients 6 and 11 which are the babylonian notations.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Screw it all. At any rate FreeMason, your theory is nothing more than an opinion. First, if your math is right (which I doubt), you need PROOF that 666 was written in babylonian term's. Without such proof, ANYTHING you may 'discover' from your opinion is simply untrue. Like all your other theorie's so far.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, I worked it out and got different answer. So did Winston and someone else.

And FM, admit you are wrong, it is the first step to recovery. Just like admiting you are an alchoholic or ignorant. Once you admit it it can get better if you really try. But lieing to yourself and others only hurts yourself.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm not a mathematician but have provided several links to Bablyonian, Egyptian, Greek & various cultural mathematics. I've also included some links regarding 666, the Mark of the Beast.

All the Best,
Deep

Old Babylonian mathematics

Link - it.stlawu.edu...

An overview of Babylonian mathematics

Link - www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk...

Babylonian numerals

Link - www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk...

Babylonian Mathematics 1

Link - www.maths.adelaide.edu.au...

Babylonian Mathematics 2

Link - www.stormloader.com...