It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did no one really get what Jones was trying to do?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What?
*is confused*
He doesnt upload his stuff himself, he hands it to an IT guy?
Doesnt he have a computer, or can't he type and just calls his secretary "IT guy"? The last time i met a journalist of that type was 10 years ago and he was quite frankly stared at as an oddity in the office. (having a desk without a computer and all)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
All of you defending Jones' actions sound very Clintonesque.

For example, Bill Clinton in 1998.
"It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is."

Alex Jones supporters after this stunt.
"It depends on what the meaning of 'lie' is."

"It depends on what the meaning of 'hoax' is."

Folks, it was a purposeful stunt. Had he NOT put out the video the day before, then I would more apt to believe the no discliamer accident explanation.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
All of you defending Jones' actions sound very Clintonesque.

For example, Bill Clinton in 1998.
"It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is."

Alex Jones supporters after this stunt.
"It depends on what the meaning of 'lie' is."

"It depends on what the meaning of 'hoax' is."

Folks, it was a purposeful stunt. Had he NOT put out the video the day before, then I would more apt to believe the no discliamer accident explanation.

Correct. It was a *STUNT* that has gone wrong. Needless to say, the letter itself is now not even the "talk of the town" it is what and how this was done by Alex.

I am sick of this and I am sick at how this tarnishes the people that actually try and do something for the Truth Movement.

The excuses they are coming up with are just pathetic to absolve Alex of this. He did something WRONG, he should come clean on it.

None of us would think Charlie Sheen's fantasy of meeting Obama would be really that huge. How could it be?

Charlie sheen has a habit in my mind of showing up every 3 years. I admit the Letter was golden, it was well written, but now it will always be remembered as being part of a Hoax.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I will post this again here ... because it seems no one is reading

yes, some guy in the website made a mistake ... but really

THERE WAS 2 NEWS OR MORE ABOUT CHARLIE SHEEN

1 - 20 minutes with the president
2 - Charlie Sheen requests meeting with obama

Thats why, my brain, that I think its capable enough, thinks that the guy in the website, who manages it and posted the news, forgot to put the disclaimer ....

WHY would alex make some hoax news if the other news below was an request to meet the president

it Just doesnt make ANY sense ... really, I think I debunked your theory ...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Charlie Sheen made it to Reuters..

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think of Alex Jones as a modern day Nostradamus, or rather how people interpret Nostradamus. Just like a horoscope, if you word things generally enough people will see all sorts of prophetic “truths” and as people of a like mind are so apt to do will all validate one another at being the enlightened ones. Of course Alex Jones doesn’t just use generalised “there is something bad going to happen, I don’t know what but it will be bad” generalised emotionally driven phrasing abundant in many postings on this site, he is a little more specific. He cites instances, happenings, places and people. And that’s just the problem; if you begin claiming everything is a conspiracy then either by probability you’re going to get something right or simply by the nature of the material there will be factual snippets upon which to interpolate a whole different story.

The issue is that those who call people who follow the government’s advice and defenders as sheep are no different by following the polar opposite conspiracy viewpoint so blindly and devotedly. There is little in the way of reflection, logical reasoning and balanced judgement. You simply end up with ever more hysterical responses.

So while Nostradamus still defies logic by people actually attributing a paranormal ability to predict the future so does Alex Jones represent a modern day equivalent in that he is able to see conspiracies and bad events coming when really he just puts out enough nonsense and lets people who have an emotional/psychological need to do so run with it and before you know it you have a story. But why does he? Media whore perhaps? Paranoid personality? Genuinely believes what he thinks to be true? Money making opportunity? Disinformation? Or just plain bad information? I don’t know and don’t much care because it is only a story if you decide to run with it. So for all those fear mongering, the end is nigh doomsayers just stop running, sit down for a moment, catch your breath, take a pause for reflection and maybe you can start to shift the mental wheat from the chaff.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

How many times and in how many threads are you going to keep posting this same comment?

TROLL!

I think a nice alert to the mods is in order.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by conar
Charlie Sheen made it to Reuters..

www.reuters.com...

Charlie sheen made it to Reuters, but the only way that you would know is if you clicked on the link you just provided. I challenge somebody to browse to that press release.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

really? Just because someone keeps saying the same thing, your going to ban him? Get him kicked? Why not throw him into a concentration camp while your at it.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

To me it sounds more like clinton saying "Yes, i did have sex with that woman, but only to achieve sexual gratification."

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Faiol

How many times and in how many threads are you going to keep posting this same comment?

TROLL!

I think a nice alert to the mods is in order.

cool, I am an troll but you guys that created 100 threads arent ... really, cool ... I am JUST ANSWERING EVERY THREAD because their content IS THE SAME

man, really, I am at the limit ... I just cannot talk with people with empty heads ... because this is what I am feeling right now ...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Faiol]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ok, ill play.

Look, this is what I have to say about it, and then Im officialy done with this. If what AJ was looking for was attention to help get this story pushed then he is pretty close to achieving it. There is about five threads just about him, concentrating on this event, maybe even more. The fact is, he wanted this story to work like a snowball down a snowy hill. gains momentum and mass as it rolls. Well it seems to be working and as far as we know, he is working for the same team we are, if any. (hopefully the good side.) If he wanted to wait to put the disclaimer on, then so be it, who cares, really, all of this because the disclaimer was not on when the princess wanted it..? Really? So now we feel like we can make demand and make orders around here with no justification? I dont think so. I sure as hell can't, I dont know about anybody else. The guy is doing things, making things happen. We on the other hand are just talking about the things he is making happen. We have no authority to make claims of any sort. Only the right to observe and construct OPINIONS. At least thats how I see it. What we need right now is a push to get poeple aware of what is really going on. And worrying about a SIMPLE disclaimer issue is only pushing us backwards. Thats the last thing we need.

Peace!

[edit] didnt mean to reply to anyone [edit]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Armour For Victor]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Armour For Victor]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I fully understand what went down here, and there quite a few 'atsers" that are crying over something trivial. Jones is trying to get a point across with Sheen and it is a very good point. Instead of bleating like the good little sheeple that you are (you KNOW who you are) maybe you should be doing somehting a little more positive.

Like maybe, I dunno, GET A LIFE?!?!reply to post by A Fortiori

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

I'm not trying to get you banned and if you want to comment, go right ahead. But, posting the same thing over and over in all these threads isn't cool. It's, well, trollish.

Now, tell me, do you think that Jones' actions were fine? Do you accept his explanation as the truth? How would you define a hoax?

edit: looks like you answered some of this above. So, as long as this gains momentum, then it's o.k. for him to do what he did. It doesn't matter if credibility is harmed along the way just as long as the "truth" gets out?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
its fighting fire with fire, using the same tactics the enemy uses so I approve of anything he does, judge people by there actions overall, not a mistake here or there that could look bad, ppl are perfect they do dumb stuff and mess up happens to the best of us.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by phiktion]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Armour For Victor

I'm not trying to get you banned and if you want to comment, go right ahead. But, posting the same thing over and over in all these threads isn't cool. It's, well, trollish.

Now, tell me, do you think that Jones' actions were fine? Do you accept his explanation as the truth? How would you define a hoax?

Personally the last thing im worried about is weather or not its the truth. Im not making any life changes because the man decided to "lie" or to wait to put on a disclaimer. I didnt lose a bit of my soul because AJ made a "mistake". I think his actions are greater than mine, because I have nothing to show for when asked, "what did you do for this country and for her people" My answered would probably be nothing, except spread the word. He probably did use media tactics to get his story out, but if thats what we need to do for people to listen then, go right ahead. The more people that wakes up the better! My definition of HOAX is none other then the definition i get from the dictionary (something intended to deceive or defraud) So you could probably say he manipulated his intentions to better gain his story. A tactic of some sort. HOAX. Im not to sure. At least my opinion. Again everything I just wrote is my personal belief and is not pushed towards anybody as fact or otherwise should be taking as such.

Also Im not worried about getting banned, it was that other guy that seemed you wanted the mods to take a look at.
By the way, I have pretty much been saying the same thing in all threads aswell, thats because my opinions still stand the same way.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

LOL. I see when facts become a racial issue arent allowed to post them here. Thats a shame.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I have a question for you. Have you taken the same position against the official lie? If not, then you're a hypocrite and a troll on this thread who is doing nothing but wasting bandwidth by diverting attention from Alex Jones' message.

The message is important. I think we all get your point that you don't like the method used to convey it. Get over yourself. You don't need to post the same statement a million times to convince people that it's what YOU believe.

I agree with those who are able to move past their initial simplistic knee-jerk reaction and see what Alex did as the brilliant PR maneuver that it is. Most people aren't paying attention when the message is presented in the way that it has been over the past eight years. It's obvious that merely pointing out the lies and fallacies of the official 911 version and demanding an honest and credible investigation doesn't get much traction in America. Rather, people are intimidated, their careers are ruined when they speak and write about this, and some die prematurely.

Alex Jones has brought and is bringing the issues into the consciousness of countless people who would otherwise never have devoted a moment's thought.

I suggest you grow up a little, quit behaving like a juvenile crybaby. We all get your "point" that, "waah, waah, mommy, Alex Jones lied!" Please address what's important, unless your agenda is to troll these threads and divert attention from the real issues by engaging with others in this endless "we hate Alex Jones" circle jerk.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by dubiousone]

[edit on 9/9/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

Have you considered running for office, i think you fit the bill.

Tricking someone into listening to you is like starting a conversation with a subtle insult. When the person realizes they have been insulted they will forget what the topic was.

If you want to inform people about 9/11, gather the facts and discuss it with friends and family in an intelligent and civil manner. Don't trick them with a lie, especially when you claim to have uncovered a lie.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join