It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did no one really get what Jones was trying to do?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If Alex Jones did not mean to defraud anyone, he would have stuck the disclaimer in before he posted the whole hoax, pure and simple.

You can't really believe Alex did this for altruistic purposes, can you? I mean, posting a big lie regarding 9/11 truth to get mainstream media attention? Do you NOT see the sheer retarded stupidity of such a stunt?

If you can't, let me spell it out for you. The media, if they even bothered to notice, would catch on to the fact that a self styled crusader for the 9/11 truth movement posted a massive fraud that truthers themselves believed. THATS what any media report would say: Truth Movement figureheads are con-artists, and truthers themselves are a bunch of guillable sheep who will believe anything posted online.

And that helps the truth movement....how?

Really, all this defense of Alex Jones reminds me of the little old ladies defending Jim Baker after his whole scam busted wide open.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My $.02.

As I was reading the letter, I knew it wasn't real. I had just woken up and thought, even while still half asleep, that this didn't happen. I'm not a genius, I'm nothing special, just another person, like all of you.

If I caught it, then others should have. It doesn't take a lot of deduction to know that Sheen had never met the president - there would have been news on that when it happened, think about it. Do you think Sheen would have NOT told the world he was meeting the president to ask questions about 9/11?

Maybe, just maybe, something can come of this. I don't know, I don't have a crystal ball to look into the future. We will have to wait and see about that. The story is out there and people are talking about it. Notice the L.A. Times blog posted a few pages back. It's not ridiculing the 9/11 movement like the MSM usually does, which is a start. It's a little more than we had two days ago, don't you think?

Whine, bitch and complain all you want, it's your call. I am not going to be up in arms about this. As the fictional Dr. House says, "Everyone lies". If you are perfect and have never told a lie then you have the right to tell Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen off. After eight years of lies and pure crap from the government about 9/11 I am not at all pissed that AJ did this. He's got people talking and that hopefully can lead to more. If it takes a lie to expose a lie, then so be it. The tactics used by the government and MSM - also the people on this very forum who do nothing but slag those seeking truth - to discredit anyone who is on the side of truth have been despicable. Maybe we will have to stoop to their level to get the truth of how our government was involved in the murder of it's own citizens.

At this point, I don't care how it's done. At the present time, I believe the government is lying through it's teeth to make mandatory vaccine jabs full of crap that does nothing other than make one sick or dead for most everyone for a flu that is mostly harmless. I'm tired of their crap and if it takes more crap to expose their crap, then so be it.

I'm no fan of propaganda but it works both ways. I applaud AJ & CS for doing this and would gladly shake their hands if I met them. Eight years and how many laws enacted to take our rights away as citizens of this country yet it's taken this to make a pebble sized dent in the the armor? Sometimes one has to fight fire with fire and I do believe that time was a long time ago.

It's time to take off the gloves and throw some real punches. We cannot go on much longer with the fraudulent wars. Ordinary citizens like myself are now considered domestic terrorists - all because I supported Ron Paul, are you kidding me? Our rights have been obliterated because of the lies they handed us that day and it needs to stop. NOW. We cannot go on like this before it all blows up in our faces.

You can flame me all you want, I don't care. Yell at me and tell me how foolish I am, how gullible I am, that I am wrong for having my opinion. I am comfortable with myself and how I perceive what is going on around me and no one can take that away from me.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Sorry but you sound like someone that is such a fan of Alex Jones that you are willing to excuse any action he takes. He is supposed to be a journalist and journalists are always meant to be accurate, they are most certainly never meant to knowingly mislead. Even if Alex Jones now got an interview with President Obama, any of his future endeavors would be tainted by this hoax.

If anything important ever comes to his attention in future then it will be ignored. Boy who cried wolf and all that.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Any rationalization in a storm huh? He made up a story hyped it as real and now that he has been called on it he is claiming he meant to do it that way. Thanks for illustrating how not only the MSM is blindly followed.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
He is creating a story

Based on something that has never/will happen

You honestly think this would lead to an actual interview between Charlie Sheen and Barack Obama? Keep in mind that the questions Charlie Sheen would ask are out in the open now. Obama would never do that interview because he knows what it would be about.

I still can't believe how many people actually believed Charlie Sheen got 20 minutes to interview Barack Obama
Just because he's a well paid actor and his father is a good guy, doesn't mean he'd ever get an interview with Obama.

AJ wanted some attention and hits to his site and he got what he wanted. He admitted it was a stunt early on. Now that he's getting soo much crap for what he did, he's changing his story saying the whole thing was a big mistake. That he didn't realize the disclaimer wasn't attached because of all the traffic and servers going nuts....BS plain and simple BS

[edit on 9-9-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Integrity is putting the disclaimer at the top of the fake interview in bold print. The opposite was done even after the disclaimer was added. Integrity and honesty are everything. When you stoop to the tactics of those you are criticizing, you become them.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The best way to get in the news:

Poop your pants in public!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
When someone says they are going to cover the biggest news story they have ever covered, then post it at the appointed time (on the Internet at 8 am central) without any disclaimers, and then edit in disclaimers an hour later, that's called misinformation and fraud.

I was one of the first viewers of that page....at 8:00 am central. I saw nothing that indicated this wasn't a real news story. A story is a story, but we were sold a bill of goods under the guise of a real big news story.....not some work of fiction. There were no disclaimers or explanations given when the interview first appeared online. The interview was presented as though it really happened. Many people got excited and posted positive comments about Charlie Sheen, only to find out an hour later that it was all a HOAX. I personally felt violated, tricked, fooled, hoodwinked etc. To sit back now and say it was all done just to get the story out is foolish. An apology is what is required, not some lame excuse.

A real "TRUTHER" does not employ these tactics to get their message out.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Yeh. Blame it on "technical difficulties". Rather convient don't you think????? Why not post the dislaimer as part of the original HTML *or php, or ASP, etc etc etc* document instead of later?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
why is everybody so mad? the only factor that i'm frustrated about with this whole AJ/sheen debacle is how ppl reacted. its silly! i logged in yesterday morning when the article on infowars was brand new (I started out laughing at how everyone on the comments thought it was real, now i see how serious everyone is taking it a and am laughing harder).. i started reading it... i knew from the start it was a spoof and not even close to intended as a hoax. i mean an article transcribed from a transcript (that wasnt provided) from a pretend 20 minute meeting with Obama is OBVIOUSLY intended as a way for Charlie Sheen to write an article and have it published. Thats all. I think ppl were tricked (shame on you for being tricked so easily) and are simply mad at their own gullibility.

Of course Alex Jones, as an alternative news outlet, was happy as could be that a big time star wanted to write an article for his site. That is one of the biggest and, in terms of visibility etc, best things that could have happened for Alex Jones so of course he is going to report it as such and hype it up. No big deal ppl, haha. dont be so mad at yourselves.

also, such a obviously written up story shouldn't need silly disclaimers.... the written piece was all written in the same voice, and the answers the character of Obama gave werent even close to his voice, and were kind of silly responses. it was obvious from the start.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by spec2]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by spec2]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I like your optimism OP, but I respectfully disagree. Alex Jones set himself up for a major fail with hyping this non-existent story. Perhaps he should be more careful in the future and choose his words better.

Other than the fact Alex Jones had his staff put a FAKE interview with the President on his website, the biggest thing that makes me mad, and is unforgivable, is the fact that the Info Wars staff DELETED comment after comment of those critical of Jone's methods. The vast majority of comments were negative and critical - ALL deleted. There was so much blowback, they decided to shut down comments for the day; with the lie of "bandwidth."

For all of Jone's talk about "free speech," he has become what he has chased over the last 15 years. In his own business empire, he's a dictator; suppression of free speech. That is unforgivable. He's a damn hypocrite.

After the stunt he pulled yesterday, he's lost a lot of longtime listeners/visitors to Info Wars.

I used to listen to Alex Jones a lot. I found him refreshing. But after this incident, I look at the facts:

He's a manipulator who makes huge money off of peoples' paranoia; he even tried to twist his blunder yesterday; his hardcore sheep will buy it. For more proof of that, read this entire thread.

He's ALWAYS suppressed free speech - screaming down callers who disagree with him, cutting them off, etc.

He says he doesn't screen his calls for the show. That is an outright lie. Yesterday, a huge majority were pissed off at Jone's, so you think that would reflect in the calls, right? Nope. The majority of the calls he took yesterday were from suck-ups!

He's a con-man who burned the most important bridge you have in a business like he's in - credibility.

The message is more important than Alex Jones. He's always had a huge ego, who likes to say he's the "father of the 9/11 truth movement." He likes the sound of his own voice too much. And his ranting hurts our cause, instead of helping it.

Just look back to his Y2K broadcast. That's all you need to do; if you don't open your eyes after listening to that broadcast AND his latest stunt, I'm afraid nothing will ever make you see the light regarding Alex Jones.

I liked his message, but the message is bigger than the person. We don't need ego driven manipulators ranting and raving, making us look like fringe lunatics.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Also is anyone accepting this BS excuse for his antics even remotely aware of how websites are made and maintained??

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I really don't know what the intentions of AJ were.
Do I agree with the way things were done? No, not really.
Was it done to make a quick buck or for a quick moment of attention? No, I don't think so, seeing that this is his living.

What I do find interesting is the MSM and all the other cronies are making their living on scamming and disinformation. They do this on a daily basis. And you know the funny thing.... the majority of the people believe it. I am not defending anyone here, but just stating some facts:

Fact 1: 1 man scams to make a point for his agenda and every one is out for blood.

Fact 2: MSM scams and lies daily and all the people buy into it.

I hear so many people complaining in here about this one scam as we all sit back and do nothing about ALL these lies and propaganda that are fed to the people.

Maybe we should all get together somehow and share ideas on how to change things instead of just whining about everything day out and day in.

Yes, what AJ did was foolish the way he went about it. But who else has balls to go out into the field and get their hands dirty, instead of just sitting back everyday in your temporary abode and just do nothing but argue back and forth while we are getting screwed from behind.

All I hear is wake up and lets take our country back. Kinda hard to do that sitting behind your keyboard and debating back and forth.
Don't get me wrong, I'm just as guilty, but if you think about it, it's true.

And yes I do believe the importance of ATS and our communication...it is paramount and actually the only way to get the real facts out there.

It's the constant full threads of nothing but nitpicking back and forth, finding fault with one another instead of the issues at hand and actually getting nowhere but inflating peoples egos on who is right and who is wrong.

Lets use this forum for what it was designed for...INFORMATION..and expose the DISINFO for what it is.

And by the way, I had 2 of my friends over who are total skeptics to conspiracies.. I had them read that transcript about the fake interview and when they read all those facts at the end.. they were more on the believing end that there is definately something to the 9/11 conspiracy.

So if anything, some people who think we wear tin foil hats would at least get the oppurtunity to look at some of the facts and either ponder them or do some reasearch, as otherwise they wouldn't give us the time of day to even express the truths.

Thank you!

NOAH

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

for a start i do think 9/11 was a inside job further more im not trolling i was pointing out the "other" side to the argument .. based on the facts of the time so if you wish to call me a troll and insult me fine..

Not very on topic but ooh well...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
For some insight into why the 'open letter' was was written, here's the story from the 'horses mouth' -

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

Alright, alright...I can see that I am in the minority, but check this out...

perezhilton.com...-4282613

When is the last time you saw anything having to do with the truth movement in the mainstream, either positive or negative?

I can't remember the last time.

It wasn't a "lie" anymore than any other "one act". Charlie Sheen is theatrical and this was a theatrical production to kick off a campaign that is destined to become real news. It wasn't a lie, it was a promise.

It was a push to not lose something so important in the mud of politics. It was a push when the transparency that Obama promised regarding crimes of the previous administration became opaque.

What that "interview" did was show Obama's handlers that they expect that the will brush off the questions (in the hope that he doesn't), show the world how we ought to reply to others that brush us off, and it was done in a way to garner and draw attention.

People are now talking about it and you seem to be saying that because it was a "lie" instead of a "story" (which I knew it was the second I read it--not for one minute did I believe it happened) then everything Alex's done heretofore cannot be trusted.

So my reply to all of you is that I disagree.

To those that imply this is about money...Alex has the weakest most feeble collective of sponsors I've ever seen. Show me how this show is making him rich. He gives his documentaries away for free on his website. That is not what a good businessman does.

To those that said that I am giving him a "free pass" because of some sort of hero worship, all I can say is: no.

I see his faults, but I think he is doing what the rest of us are not. I leave you all with this:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

This is a fight and sometimes fights aren't pretty, but Alex stretched his neck out with this one and is taking his lumps. How many of us are doing the same?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is good for 9/11 truth and very good for AJ and the people who hate AJ will continue to worship Bill Cooper and hate Alex.

What's new honestly as usual AJ brings 9/11 truth to the masses and the haters picker and accomplish nothing.

I have a suggestion it has been said many times. If you dislike Alex then the best revenge is to become successful and to be bigger than him.

Don't use excuses like he is an agent thats why he is so popular forget that there are no excuses do it yourselves. Start a radio show its very easy.

Use Stickem you can have a nightly video show and its completely free. Use this free show you have to expose the nwo and ufos whatever you want hey you could even just make the show to bash Alex like you use ATS for and not talk about nwo at all.

Use Stickam its a free site start your own project.

If you are incapable of starting your own FREE radio show and initiative then stfu you are an armchair quarterback who never gets in the fight but instead posts on forums to inflate your epeen.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
If you are incapable of starting your own FREE radio show and initiative then stfu you are an armchair quarterback who never gets in the fight but instead posts on forums to inflate your epeen.

If you think that doing a radio show is the be-all end-all of all this, you're sadly mistaken friend. (BTW, before you shoot your mouth off, I've done work in radio before.) Yeah, Alex has woke a lot of people up. But you know what? I've met plenty of people who "woke up" without the help of Alex. And I'd rather spend my time connecting with fellow patriots that I know personally, and getting my own house in order.
Sorry, but things are far enough gone these days that we need to be doing something a little more substantial than protesting and carrying on and "fighting the infowar". All that stuff is well and good, but if you're wasting time on all that and not taking personal preparedness measures... Sorry, but don't knock on my door asking for food and help.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have a theory.

All the people who hate Alex Jones for this were dumb enough to believe the unbelievable.

Don't spit the dummy.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Beefcake, I am officially adding you as a friend! I cannot agree more and if I could award you points for sanity, I would!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join