It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did no one really get what Jones was trying to do?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by amrith777

Actually (It's been a while since i heard it) War of the worlds had a disclaimer at the beginning, and the end, and only the first part was fake radio news broadcasts (If it was long 20 minutes, more likely 10) the rest was in classical radio drama narrative. If you didn't wonder why you could hear the main characters thoughts in your radio, you really deserved getting a little panicked

Oh and War of the worlds was (and still is) entertaining

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

1) But people who didn't tune in at the beginning might not have heard it (unlike a website correction)
2) As to the character's thoughts, you are calling the people that believed that unintelligent--well, what about Obama meeting with Charlie Sheen?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Well, I guess we can monday morning quarterback this thing until we can't breathe. Who is to say that the explanation given was just their way of hiding the fact that they did present this as fact.

Myabe we should give Alex the benefit of the doubt, but in doing so I would ask that you look at his track record and determine if this has happened before.

But, as far as "mission accomplished" as some other posters are shouting, I disagree. Mission accomplished would be if Sheen scored the interview and Obama agreed to look into 9/11 himself. I don't see any of this happening...ever. Whaterver Jones' attempt, I think it backfired as the main thrust of the discussion here is how he damaged his credibility. Quite opposite of what the intent of his stunt was, if you ask me.

So, instead of rallying the troops to get behind this latest thrust of another 9/11 probe, we have the conspiracy and truth-seeking community doing damage control.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
seems like those who cry foul, were mad they didnt do this first.

there are a lot of facts that look as though they could be presented to a 5th grader and comprehended.

that is a plus.

think outside the box a little and stop thinking only of yourselves, and if you look crazy or not. pretty much bet most of you do already anyways

on a side note, i saw the inside 9/11 on natgeo last night. it was the first time i actually cried watching anything about 9/11. thats all i can say about it. also, they werent exactly pro-bush admin at all!

saw the conspiracy one the night before.
i think i believe that there weren't bombs in the building now. they showed near definitive proof that the beams can be weakened by jet fuel. some of the other tests were bunk. (ie shooting a steel tube through plywood at 500+ mph != same as a plane hitting pentagon IMO).

keep your pride seperate from your belief in the theories. its not about you at all anyways. its about those that died, and the changes that took place in our country

i really think they were brought down only by planes, but who knows. i still believe they let it happen. natgeo pointed at that without coming out and saying it. keep in mind also, anytime they mention NORAD, cheney was in complete control of NORAD for 3 months prior and 3 months after.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by A Fortiori

sorry

he lied to get attention..

HOAX

Yes, it was HOAX and a deliberate and premeditated lie. Folks, don't forget that he has done this before. Did you forget that in New Year's Eve 2000 he said on the air Russia had launched intercontinental ballistic missiles toward the USA? Another War of the Worlds scenario and many people believed him and were leaving their homes in Texas. No joke!

No wonder Bill Cooper was so upset at him. Whenever Alex was asked about Bill Cooper, Alex would say that Bill had been on his show once and was kicked off the air for being belligerent and for using foul language. ANOTHER LIE! Listen to the show. It is posted everywhere.

Alex claims to be the first to expose 9/11. A BIG LIE. Alex Jones talked about that on July 24, 2001 when Bill Cooper had talked about it on June 28. A BIG LIE!

I honestly think Alex Jones is a tool of TPTB to spread fear, for which he is a master.

Exo

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Exopolitico]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Says the man behind the computer screen. The difference in Alex and most of us is, we tend to bark alot and Mr. Jones, although I dont follow much, tends to bite more often. It's funny how many can sit back and deman that poepl act a certain way if they claim themselfs to be of certain way. Who are you to say he is wrong for what he did, because he made a lie? Everyone one is subjected to one opinion and if we dont keep it we get scrutinized, and I believe that to be unfair. Many people make mistake, doesnt mean there wrong. Your going around saying this man is wrong, and that my friend is wrong. Let others decide for themselfs.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hey guys you should listen to the Alex Jones show today. He admitted to making a mistake for not putting up a disclaimer on the letter. Should we give him the benefit of the doubt?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Hey guys you should listen to the Alex Jones show today. He admitted to making a mistake for not putting up a disclaimer on the letter. Should we give him the benefit of the doubt?

Should we give him the benefit of the doubt AGAIN? I thought he learned his lessons when thousands of people freaked out when he said on the air Russia was attacking the USA back in 2000. Is it immature or plain stupid?

And B.S., an apology wouldn't be accepted. And the video he presented was to use people's fear (people on their edge of their seat) and used them. For anyone who complains about the sheeple, he found a clever way to take advantage of them.

His tactics and delivery method are very questionable.

Exo

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Alex claims to be the first to expose 9/11. A BIG LIE. Alex Jones talked about that on July 24, 2001 when Bill Cooper had talked about it on June 28. A BIG LIE!

I honestly think Alex Jones is a tool of TPTB to spread fear, for which he is a master.

Exo

And David Icke talked about it before all of them...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm glad that Alex and Charlie are doing this and completely understand why they did it, I've been reading a lot of posts on here that I think are overly critical. Yes he did lie (but then again maybe in a few weeks time it will really be the biggest story he has done).

If this story does get into the mainstream media and there is enough pressure on Obama to meet with Charlie, I think it could happen and I think they both believe the same. He met with that Harvard University Scholar "over a beer", so why not meet with Charlie over something much more important. I might be over optimistic - but maybe with enough pressure this might be the beginning of opening up a new and proper investigation into what happened that day. As I write this I see that LA times have picked up on it. So some media attention is slowly starting to happen.

I think this fault lies with his website technical team. He over-pays for server costs for his websites and doesn't always use the newest trends in technology to full use.

At the end of the day he never hurt anybody or stole anything. I really don't see why the people on ATS are so infuriated.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So even if C Sheen oes get 10 min of Obama.do you or A J realy expect the president to say anithing new? Since when are polititians answering questions straight?! A J knows this!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what Obama would say, it's about letting people know and igniting discussions in full public view that there are a lot of people out there that do not believe the official story and want a proper investigation. Imagine a real video of a real chat with Obama being in the media and what it could do.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

And i honestly think you need a certain amount of gullibility to believe this. But there is a difference between highly unlikely (Obama being interviewed by Sheen, making jokes about his ears) and impossible (Hearing the main characters thoughts in your radio)

Then there is the announcing thing vs regular radio drama timeslot thing.
And of course, unless you subscribe to the "Testrun for disclosure" Theory war of the worlds had no agenda to push. It wasn't means to an end, the means where the end itself.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I slept on this. I've thought about it some more and I have to give props to Alex. All the haters are still whining. He got it out there, he's getting the attention. He really did nail his objective.

As to how he framed it, I don't think that was cool. It could have been done another way. But who am I to whine? What do I do for the cause except observe what others do. This guy is doing something.

As for 9/11 being called, I wrote a paper when i was 17 stating terrorism was the number one threat and we would be attacked in the united states. Maybe i should start a radio show and pretend I'm the messiah now. THOUSANDS of articles fingered Bin Laden as the attacker before the attack even happened. Get off your high horse people.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If someone presented you with a delicious steak dinner with all the fixings, but served it to you on a dirty garbage can lid, would you still eat it, even though it's on the lid? Probably not.

That is how AJ presented a well written piece of fiction. he added a taint to the whole thing. First he said that he did it on purpose to gain media attention, so his followers touted that all over this board. Now, 10 minutes ago, he said it was a server issue and that they were not aware that the disclaimer was missing.

9/11 is just too serious to interject deceit. Truth is all you ever need. I am sorry, but he had no need to lie.. to his OWN fanbase, no less.

I hope that Obama gets involved, but Alex really danced on the knifes' edge. He could have had everyone looking at Charlie like a lunatic had the article not been well-written enough to supercede Alexs' lies and hyperbole.

Anyone else that is serious about their cause would be wise to think carefully before enlisting Alexs' help. He lied and Charlie could have been deemed a fraud by association.

[edit on 9/9/09 by IconoclasticTalamasca]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Guys, Alex Jones is talking about his website problems now. He is saying that everyone clicked on his website at once which caused his server to crash.

He had a disclaimer on there but it apparently didn't show up at first.

SkepticOverlord, can you shed some light on this? He said people couldn't even listen to his show live at the time.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by eddieuk

Because they are on "Team Cooper" instead of "Team America".

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IconoclasticTalamasca

Bad analogy.

The delicious steak dinner was what Bush and Co served us, and now we're paying for it with seven years of drought and starvation.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The only thing that people seem to be failing to "get," is that it's completely possible for someone to see this, understand fully what he was going for, comprehend the potential benefit and implications of it, and yet still take issue with and be upset or offended by the means, which are not justified in some people's opinions by the potential ends. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Everyone seems to think they are for some reason. It's as if one either has to accept what he did and hail it as a brilliant move, or they must be somehow blind to what he was attempting to do.

Well, I'm not blind. I "get" it. I even respect and appreciate it. If the good that might come out of it does, I will be the first to celebrate. I can still disagree with the means, though. This isn't War of the Worlds. It isn't an Alternate Reality Game. This is a fictional interview with the sitting President of the United States of America by Charlie Sheen about what many regard as the most odious conspiracy against the public by a government in history, which was passed off for a good chunk of time as being legitimate before a disclaimer was finally added.

I am fully capable of applauding the intention and hoping for the possible good, while still decrying the methods. To automatically equate disagreement with or offense at the methods used here with being myopic is just an assumption, and in my personal opinion, a myopic, cut and dried, black and white, zero sum view in its own right.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

sorry

he lied to get attention..

HOAX

Advertising and production methods are *not* a lie. These men are putting much money and effort into this. We should be grateful that they care enough about this republic to do this.

What have *you* done to keep 9/11 alive in the eye of the public? Or can all you do is criticize the efforts of others?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join