It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did no one really get what Jones was trying to do?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
my bad, i did not sign out before walking away and messed it up for another.

[edit on 9/15/09 by evil incarnate]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
Yeah, before you get all excited about yourself there, do me a favor. Quote one of those articles here. Show us these well thought out, well researched, proof read, internet articles. You can say whatever you like about my knowledge of writing. I am not here to discuss what it takes to actually "write."

So you write as well as you read? I already pointed out that I was not talking about things that are actually writing. Yeah, I included a disclaimer just so I would not have to have this argument and yet...here we are.

They are internet articles for "prison planet." They are NOT well researched, they are not proof read, they do not have to go to the publisher. In fact, if you know anything about the internet, blogs, and Alex Jones operation, all it takes to give you one half way decent article is on of his employees sitting at a computer typing away.

www.infowars.com...

Look at the list of links on that page. Clear, thoughtful preparation went into this article. It was posted shortly after the so-called "hoax interview" was. If we're to believe your theory, the timing is incredible. It takes time to search and collect links like that even if we were to use the assumption that Alex doesn't proofread his stuff. The mere fact that typoes are minimal in Infowars and Prison Planet articles suggests that his staff does spend time proofing their stuff. Also don't forget the other article that came out BEFORE "20 Minutes with the President" which causes each of your arguments to fall apart anyway.

Its just a fact of blatant obviousness. That disclaimer, if it was really missing, went on the final article rather quickly

LoL. Busted! You are not a writer. The only writing you have done has been for your own pleasure. I know this for a fact and I will tell you how in a minute.....

What is the deal with this, "if it was really missing?" We all know it was missing. Unfortunately that is a fact. Your argument is based apparently on an alternative universe where thing may or may not have happened some particular way. Sorry, here they did happen the way they did and we know how - the disclaimer was missing for 90 minutes.

I never saw the early morning version, so all I really have for evidence is the claim that it was not there was assertions from folks like you that it wasn't there.

To your second point, what do you mean "Final Article?" Are you trying to say that for an hour and a half they actually published rough drafts? What do you even mean by that?

I refer to the version posted with disclaimer and Charlie's contact information.

Ok, while you are mulling those over...let me help with the first puzzle.

Its just a fact of blatant obviousness.
is NOT a sentence. It is grammatical garbage and since it is at the beginning of the paragraph, your pronoun does not even have a proper relative so you cannot even use creative license here. I am really sorry but you can say anything you like about my ability to write but you would never get a line like that past an editor.

This is a diversionary tactic and irrelevant to any argument. In any case, the career of an editor exists for a reason. Furthermore, this is a message board and hardly a place of formal essays. Also, clearly you are wrong, because the frame of reference was the snippet of a quote I was responding to, as I recreate here.

Origiginally posted by me

There was no intent to deceive.

This is just your opinion is it not? Were you there and involved in the process in any way or is this just what you think?

Its just a fact of blatant obviousness. That disclaimer, if it was really missing, went on the final article rather quickly. If there really had been intent to deceive, it never would have received a disclaimer, at all.

Or are you going to claim a kid who spills a glass of water with his clumsy fingers did it deliberately despite his statement of "oopsie" afterwards?

None of that would be the problem if the disclaimer was actually at the beginning though right? I mean, what you are saying is nonsense but just to humor you - why would the disclaimer get held up longer than anything else?

Odd things happen; (a transvestite hermaphrodite for your pleasure, to quote Vonnegut) you'll also note that the contact info for Mr. Sheen was missing as well as the announcement of his appearances on Alex's shows.

Awwwwe, how about that. Alex had a safety net. I have to tell you that I never once thought that anyone would really fall for this but that the most ignorant would and since that makes up most of his listeners...he thought he could still use it deceptively. That is the argument here. Did Alex try to be deceptive? Apparently so. You article proves nothing other than that somewhere else was a contradiction. Did the 'interview' lead people back to this story? Did it refer to this story? Or did it stand on its own for 90 minutes?

If you read it at all like I told you, you'd see that it did. I smell desperation in your arguments now.

Originally posted by evil incarnate
My appologies but I finally have to step in here. I got here and my eyes just about popped out? You are a writer? Good, that means you know how to form letters on paper. You are not an author of any kind because you would not begin a paragraph with and undeclared pronoun in what is not even a sentence.

I know it is off topic but it lends itself to the issue of credibility here on ATS. Most people would never say what it is they are but you have. You claimed that you are a writer which gives you special insight into how articles are written and the time it would take and all of your other noise. Please give me the name of your editor so that I can buy them a book on basic grammar. You lied about who you are to make your case about Alex. Wow, when you go to bed tonight, be proud of that. Remind yourself, you lied to strangers of no consequence on an internet conspiracy forum in order to stick up for Alex Jones.

I find it odd that you people think a message board post needs an editor. See above.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Kojiro]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I never challenged anyone. I never claimed to be a writer or author(which you feel are not the same but that's nitpicking).

OK, well I already wrote you once but apparently I have to check the sign in when I sit down from now on. I do not feel like writing it all over.

Basically, you are right. Kojiro said it and not you. For that, I appologize. I guess if you did not jump on Lilly in Kojiro's absence and keep the conversation going exactly as it was...this would not have happened.

And with that, I could care less about anything else you had to say here.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
reply to post by Lillydale

Hi Lily!

No, no, no my point is not that a lie detector is the only way to know any truth, I said it is the only way to know the truth of someone's intentions. Intentions are only ever in your own head.

Well, I have to half agree with you. There truly is no way ever of knowing what is inside someone's head. You are definitely right about that. I cannot check intent. Lie detectors apparently cannot either since they have been listed with anywhere from 30% to 60% failure rate and that is why they are inadmissible in court. Unfortunately, None of Maury Povich's guests seem to have been made aware of that.

I can know the truth if you said that you donated XYZ to charity by checking tax records.

I can know the truth if he said he put the disclaimer in there and it didn't "take" by checking the log.

I can't know if he meant to do something and didn't. In the end our perception of someone relating their intentions really becomes an emotion, or "gut" based decision on our part.

We are creatures of emotion and it is hard to disassociate from how we feel about something or someone. Everything is shaded through our own lens.

I see your point here and I agree. Sometimes, around here you get so mired in stupidity and ignorance that you just start responding to everyone as if they were any of the other idiots. I misunderstood you and I concede the point to you.

-attention everyone else on ATS...that is called admitting you were wrong and owning up to it. I would like to see that happen once in a while outside of myself.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I hate using "LOL", but I did, so LOL!!!

*applauds Lillydale*

You know, that is so (unfortunately) true!

Hey, would you feel better if I got you a nice GOLD bracelet, or a nice GOLD ingot?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Alex Jones just tells it how it is!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009disclosure
Alex Jones just tells it how it is!

"CPS goes into homes and steals children and puts them in cages where once in a while they are thrown a hot dog and many are just left to die" -Alex Jones

So.....how is it?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
1. You claimed you could write thirty articles in 90 minutes. Don't look at me, you said it. Unless I got the wrong person in this thread - I'm not going back to look - if so I apologize.

Hmmm, I do not remember making that claim exactly but I will go ahead and make it now. I read the 4 or 5 articles I was offered as evidence of a "few dozen or so." Just what in them took so much research? Which part would have taken hours to write, rewrite and rewrite again????? Please take those same articles that I supposedly could never write in 10 minutes and break it down for me so that maybe I know what it is I am supposed to achieve.

2. You claimed you could write articles yet in just one post I looked at there were two spelling errors(including the sig). Not very good, I must say.
Really? I only counted one. Could you please show me the other one so I can be so much more careful next time I post to this UFO site.

You want to bitch about AJ's credibility yet you can't even use spell check?
Is that the same verb you would have chosen if I had a manly avatar and ambiguous name? I can use spell check. I can also correct my own spelling just fine, thank you very much. I do not remember ever claiming that ATS was my job. I do not remember claiming that my posts even deserved to be read. I just post them. Now if I were running an information site and wanted to get information out in a professional manner, then I would most certainly proof read and spell check. I am sorry that it bothers you so much that I do not take the same care when talking about bigfoot and tinfoil hat radio geeks. I will continue to type as casually here as I always have. This is just something I do for fun and if a typo or spelling error slips out, well so be it. Pay close attention now, find all of my grammatical errors. Let me know how many you find. If you want me to write professionally, you are going to have to pay me.

Do you not read your posts?
No, I do not. I am not some ego-driven little narcissist that believes my every word on ATS is so important that I must make sure it is perfect. I do not sit here, glossing over my own words on a internet forum the same way I would imagine people like that talk when they are alone; just to hear/see their own beautiful beautiful voice. I do not really care if anyone reads what I write. I know that this place and all said within is truly inconsequential. I fool around here because I have often enjoyed simply reading threads and now I decided to jump in and have a little fun too. I am sorry, did you think that everyone reads your posts and prints them out and reads them again, posting them all over the office, maybe even getting some carnal pleasure from them? I don't. (I will help that was a run-on sentence followed by a contraction which, while not incorrect in casual conversation, is incorrect professionally.)

I am not a writer and never claimed to be, but I take great care with what I post.
Can you hear that?
Can you?
Listen closely.
I am applauding you, good sir. Now if I can just remember where I left the reason I would care how you treat your posts.

I may put up a paragraph or two, then totally rewrite them to get my point across properly, spelling errors fixed, make sure I have it done to the best of my English skills, etc. All that said, I still make mistakes and I will own up to every one of them.

Thank you very much you Heinous. (not spelled wrong)

You put all that care and time into your posts. It seems as though you really care about what message you send here, on ATS. You are a credit to your kind for the hard hard work you put into each and every one of your posts.

Of course, I do not do any of that, I do not even proofread unless someone points an error out and yet....two typos? All that care and work you put in, I am both lazy and stoned, and you are only two typos better than me? Wow. Where would you like the trophy sent? (you still have to show me that other typo in order to get full credit for this course)

Copy/pasting that into your sig, it's still on you.
Uh huh. I did say it was me. You are getting good at this.

You screwed up by not reading it in the first place.
Yeah my bad for giving my ATS signature very little to no thought. I hope there is a stiff penalty for that.

It makes you look foolish to sit here and claim you can do so much better than AJ yet you didn't even look at what you put up.
I said I was better than him now? I do not think so but what the heck. I am better than Alex.

Same thing AJ said he did. So don't bitch about him when you did almost the same thing - putting something up without checking it.

Really? You are relating someone who's career is to get you this information and he cannot get it right to me, a nobody posting on this website? Wow. You seem to think these posts are really important.

Ahem. Listen closely again, I would hate to have to repeat this. I am not a radio show host, author, or webmaster. I do not have thousands of nutjobs all over the country hanging on my posts and then sending me money because I asked them to on top of the useless survival gear I have been shilling for over a decade.

Alex screwed up by bragging about a breaking news story. He then screwed up by posting the story, before posting the disclaimer. He screwed up...yet again when he failed to correct that error for ninety minutes. This man who has all these listeners and reader who believe this man is the lone true voice in the wilderness offered up a fake news story for ninety minutes without putting the truth out with it.

I spelled marshmellows wrong. Or did I?

The marshmallow is a confection that, in its modern form, typically consists of sugar or corn syrup, water, gelatin that has been softened in hot water, dextrose...

So. I can expect an apology and one other spelling error soon since you have so far made a career out of blasting me for spelling something wrong that I actually spelled correctly.

Awwe man. I am sorry. That really has to suck to have your entire argument just tossed out the window like that. Like I said, I expect that apology in bold caps!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I forgot to add my source Marshmallows

p.s. I just wanted to add that the above post took a total of 7 minutes to write. How many errors that I did not purposely put there, as seen by my acknowledgment of them, can you find?

Now, say there were ten of me and you gave us over 12 times as long to write and rewrite and spell check and look interesting tidbits up online and play Tetris and eat MARSHMALLOWS together and watch scrubs cuz you find yourself getting more easily distracted and hungry for Doritos and rewrite and then upload. Hmmm, can you just imagine.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Lillydale]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kojiro

Look at the list of links on that page. Clear, thoughtful preparation went into this article.

I have to stop you here. What do links do to prove an article is well research and well thought out. I asked you to post one here and show us. That letter does not even come to half a page printed out. Anyone here that could not write half a page worth of crap in 90 minutes raise you hand. Explain the links for me? I have links. It is called a favorites list. I can whip them out any time I like. I could put 100 right here. I must be amazing.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I hate using "LOL", but I did, so LOL!!!

*applauds Lillydale*

You know, that is so (unfortunately) true!

Hey, would you feel better if I got you a nice GOLD bracelet, or a nice GOLD ingot?

I hear you but how else are you supposed to express laughter in a place like this. See, I can be horrible to deal with but if I am legitimately called out when I am wrong, I can actually admit it. It is also have had my mind changed here and there and found common ground where I never imagined. I guess that is the only reason I still come here. God knows it is not for the Marshmallows!

edit to add: do you know anywhere to get gold at a good price for my survival in case of the impending collapse of the dollar?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
are u guys still discussing this? dont u guys have a life or something better to do?

really, if he made an mistake, or if it was an hype tatic, doesnt matter, what matter is that we hope that more famous people get involved in this subject, because, otherwise, people are afraid to step up to the government

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
are u guys still discussing this? dont u guys have a life or something better to do?

are you still reading and commenting on this same exact thing? Don't you have a life or something better to do?

really, if he made an mistake, or if it was an hype tatic, doesnt matter, what matter is that we hope that more famous people get involved in this subject, because, otherwise, people are afraid to step up to the government
Not really. There are plenty of places where it matters that celebrities get involved. They are not here on ATS just waiting for the next thread about a fake ghost or blurry lights to wake them up. What is here is people who believe in Alex Jones. These people need to wake up. Meagan Fox and Kanye West are not here. You are not waking anyone important up here. Alex Jones fans should really know just how much he lies. It seems to me that if you lie just once, you lose all credibility. Listen to all four hours of his show tomorrow, especially the last hour because it is usually so important and urgent that everyone know that you have to pay for it. Bang your head on the floor each time he lies, starting softly and growing harder each time. If you are not in a coma by the end then you need to get some books and really look into the things he says.

It is fun to blindly follow someone because he seems like a rebel or seems cool or seems to have some secret knowledge that it takes two decades to share or they are going to save us or because I know some stuff he says is true so all of it must be. It is fun but dangerous, wrong, and really kind of stupid. If these people all want to follow him off a cliff, cool. I am still going to be here trying to point reality out to them.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

are you still reading and commenting on this same exact thing? Don't you have a life or something better to do?

Not really. There are plenty of places where it matters that celebrities get involved. They are not here on ATS just waiting for the next thread about a fake ghost or blurry lights to wake them up. What is here is people who believe in Alex Jones. These people need to wake up. Meagan Fox and Kanye West are not here. You are not waking anyone important up here. Alex Jones fans should really know just how much he lies. It seems to me that if you lie just once, you lose all credibility. Listen to all four hours of his show tomorrow, especially the last hour because it is usually so important and urgent that everyone know that you have to pay for it. Bang your head on the floor each time he lies, starting softly and growing harder each time. If you are not in a coma by the end then you need to get some books and really look into the things he says.

It is fun to blindly follow someone because he seems like a rebel or seems cool or seems to have some secret knowledge that it takes two decades to share or they are going to save us or because I know some stuff he says is true so all of it must be. It is fun but dangerous, wrong, and really kind of stupid. If these people all want to follow him off a cliff, cool. I am still going to be here trying to point reality out to them.

I didnt read your posts ... I am just saying, why this thread is still up ...

as I said before ... there are 2 possible explanations

1-mistake
2- trying to get the media them by disinfo

really, you cannot add anything more into it .. thats my opinion, if you want to discuss other subject, create another thread, thanx

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

It's called hyperbole. Like when I say that I grew up in a "rat hole" and my high school was called "Folsom" I don't mean that I grew up in a dirt hole with vermin--although, admittedly, there were vermin. Wait a second! Maybe I did grow up in a rat hole...

He is talk radio. He is not Walter Cronkite. He isn't reading that "...12 Marines killed today in Fallujah". Like Rush Limbaugh and Sean HanniSatan he is "talk radio"; a "personality".

I don't expect him to give me the "news". I use him for a starting point from which to do my own research.

Why I am fond of this particular blowhard is that he is refreshingly NON-Partisan. Unlike Blow--I mean, Rush and the Anti-Christ, he gave it to Bush as good as he's giving it to Obama. I like this about him and if you asked me who I trusted more (because I trust no one but my father 100%) then I would say Jones.

Again, this is just me. You all can keep on hatin' a playah.

EDIT: Except for Lily, I know she secretly loves Alex because he gives her an excuse to go wild on HSN.

"It's those subliminal messages on Prison Planet..."

*waves*

Hi Lily!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

really, you cannot add anything more into it .. thats my opinion, if you want to discuss other subject, create another thread, thanx

It must be that charm that got you two warning stickers.

I am fairly certain the mods and the OP are in charge of what is discussed here. Were you elected while I was out smoking? If you want to discuss our reaction to this, then I believe we are still on topic discussing it back. If you think this thread is worthless, tell me where you live. I will call 911 and tell them to send police to stop the man who forced you to come to this thread at gunpoint, and save you.

Or.....did you come back because you are an AJ flunky and just want to stir us off topic or actually persuade this conversation to end. I have a pad and a pen right here, go

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Lily,

I just noticed that you seem to have brought a fan or two over from the 9-11 thread. What are you doing dragging your groupies into this peaceful little exchange on our favorite gold-loving Texas Leprechaun?

I hope no one is planning on extensively quoting over here as they do on the Pentagon thread.

*shudders*

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

It's called hyperbole. Like when I say that I grew up in a "rat hole" and my high school was called "Folsom" I don't mean that I grew up in a dirt hole with vermin--although, admittedly, there were vermin. Wait a second! Maybe I did grow up in a rat hole...

Come on now. You are smarter than this. First of all, the rat hole is metaphor, not hyperbole. Second of all, you know that an obvious joke comparing a high school to a prison (obvious because we know high schools are not prisons (ok well that may be debatable too but another time)) is not really the same thing as bragging about big news and then publishing what looks like really big news for 90 minutes before saying "whoops."

I am ashamed to even be replying to you like this. Tsk Tsk.

He is talk radio. He is not Walter Cronkite. He isn't reading that "...12 Marines killed today in Fallujah". Like Rush Limbaugh and Sean HanniSatan he is "talk radio"; a "personality".

I don't expect him to give me the "news". I use him for a starting point from which to do my own research.

Hey, that is cool. It may not seem like it, but I listen to him almost every day. I even looked forward to and then enjoyed much of his talk with Charlie. Look around you, though. See all of those people hoarding a 1/2oz gold coin behind their ammo in the bunker with their Berky water filters? They do think that he is Walter Cronkite.

Why I am fond of this particular blowhard is that he is refreshingly NON-Partisan. Unlike Blow--I mean, Rush and the Anti-Christ, he gave it to Bush as good as he's giving it to Obama. I like this about him and if you asked me who I trusted more (because I trust no one but my father 100%) then I would say Jones.
Ahhh but that is the false choice. Alex has you convinced that you must learn from either Hannity or Colmbs....orrrr Alex, that safe alternative to those two. What if all three are so far off they cannot even see it from there? Know what I mean. These zombies out there take one of the three sides as gospel and believe the approved voices can tell no lie. They need help if not a slap in the face.

Again, this is just me. You all can keep on hatin' a playah.

EDIT: Except for Lily, I know she secretly loves Alex because he gives her an excuse to go wild on HSN.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"It's those subliminal messages on Prison Planet..."

*waves*

Hi Lily!

and tsk tsk again.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I concede to my "rat hole" being a metaphor and not making myself more clear, MizDale.

What I meant to say is that he (Alex) hyperbolizes a situation (ex, CPS), at times, they way I hyperbolize the craptacularness that was my childhood.

Yes, rat hole was, perhaps, a metaphor, but again...now that I'm thinking of it I really do believe that I grew up in a rat hole and while my high school wasn't technically a prison 98% of the people who went there probably graduated into one.

As for the choice between talking heads...I frakkin' love talk radio, and so my choices are limited with what I have to work with.

I don't listen to Alex every day because he speaks over the guests and that's just annoying, but when I need a good conspiracy...he's my go to guy.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Well, you got me there. Music today sucks and almost everyone gets on my nerves after 5 minutes but i take my breaks with npr and try to keep alex for days i have really good stuff! He can be a hoot. If he told me up was up, I would most definitely rethink physics because I would know he is lying somehow.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join