It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did no one really get what Jones was trying to do?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Anyone pay attention to how many correct sentences I have made in the last 90 minutes? I just have to ask.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

You spelled "marshmallow" wrong.

What's a "marshmellow"? Is it a marshmallow that smoked too much pot?

*ducks and scurries away*

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Originally posted by Kojiro

Look at the list of links on that page. Clear, thoughtful preparation went into this article.

I have to stop you here. What do links do to prove an article is well research and well thought out. I asked you to post one here and show us. That letter does not even come to half a page printed out. Anyone here that could not write half a page worth of crap in 90 minutes raise you hand. Explain the links for me? I have links. It is called a favorites list. I can whip them out any time I like. I could put 100 right here. I must be amazing.

And you just proved my point about preparation.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

You spelled "marshmallow" wrong.

What's a "marshmellow"? Is it a marshmallow that smoked too much pot?

*ducks and scurries away*

No. I spelled it marshmAllows and some lameass called me out as spelling it wrong. Then somewhere in my post I spelled it wrong on purpose but it was in pretty good context.

Damn, i see that. when I went to make sure i posted it right, spellcheck turned it back but hey, follow the argument...we all see i had it right and i said i was right and according to his quotes i was right. and i am going to fix the sig again.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Lillydale]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Look at the list of links on that page. Clear, thoughtful preparation went into this article.

I have to stop you here. What do links do to prove an article is well research and well thought out. I asked you to post one here and show us. That letter does not even come to half a page printed out. Anyone here that could not write half a page worth of crap in 90 minutes raise you hand. Explain the links for me? I have links. It is called a favorites list. I can whip them out any time I like. I could put 100 right here. I must be amazing.

with....? You lost me pal. Can you just say one complete sentence for me?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

with....? You lost me pal. Can you just say one complete sentence for me?

I'll type this slowly. Be sure to read one word at a time.

You. Pointed. Out. That. You. Have. A. Favorites. List. For. Revisiting. Favorite. Web. Pages. Such. Things. Are. Accumulated. Over. Time. Each. Link. On. The. Tag. End. Of. That. Article. Was. Relevant. To. The. Article. Itself. If. They. Also. Had. A. Favorites. List. That. They. Used. To. Create. The. Collection. Of. Links. At. The. End. That. Implies. Careful. Preparation. And. Planning.

Does. This. Help. You? Did. You. Understand. What. I. Said. This. Time? I. Know. Complex. Conversation. Is. HARD. For. You. You. Seem. To. Easily. Forget. That. I'm. Responding. To. Things. You've. Said. Such. Is. The Function. Of. A. Conversation.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Kojiro]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Function. Of. A. Conversation.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Kojiro]

Hmmmm, you really typed that slowly? You still needed to go back and edit it? That says something. No, you are not making your case any better. You are expecting me to believe that any computer in Alex's Studio or offices is not LOADED with links to articles about 9/11??? The dude has been harping on it for 8 years. Yup, he has done some work before hand. Are you going to say that "Blueprint for Whatever it was there" also backs up the claim that this was just a mistake because it was made well before the Charlie Sheen 'interview?'

Sorry but you are going to really have to do better than a 300 word article and 5 links. I was told that there were dozens of well researched, fact filled articles. I was told that such a daunting task could never be accomplished in 90 minutes, even by an entire team.

That was Two days ago and all those articles are where?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Hey, P.S. Are you ever going to clear this up? Obviously, you have a friend to star you whether you are right, wrong, or say something, or say nothing. Good for you. I imagine that makes you feel as though you are somehow right or more credible. Ok, I will star you all over the place as soon as this one little run by insult is made into something of some substance. You want to attack me, do like others and go after my signature which, WAS SPELLED CORRECTLY WHEN MORON TOLD ME I WAS WRONG FOR SPELLING IT THAT WAY, by the way?
You cannot actually seem to make Alex's case for him, so please. Explain this and what it has to do with anything being discussed or perhaps you should open your own thread all about little ol' me.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Five links? I think you need to look at that article again.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Five links? I think you need to look at that article again.

Yeah, it is Eight. I was way off. I guess you win the whole "Is Alex Jones a huge lying sack of crap who was trying to promote this Sheen debacle as an actual news story" debate huh.

Wait a minute.........You have not won that debate at all. In fact, you are spending more time talking to and about me than Alex or Sheen. I am looking but I just cannot find Lilly or Dale in the thread title. Perhaps I need a big smart man like you to point that out to me.

I think you are running from the topic like a coward. You want to win this one? Go for it. Your trophy and certificate are in the mail. All hail he who was right about the number of links in the article by a count of three(imagine a trill in there.)

What you have lost is the "Is Kojiri actually a professionally paid writer?" debate.

What you have failed to even come close to doing is offering a cogent argument for why Alex was not trying to push this as the real deal.

Good on that 5/8 thing though!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Lillydale]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have tried posting twice and i still do not see my reply. AOL sucks, I gotta do something else, remove this, nevermind.

[edit on 9/16/09 by evil incarnate]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Eight? What friggin' page are you looking at? There's thirty-friggin'-two.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

OK, if you would stop running from thread to thread making logical statemests while being rude is kind of killing your own point.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee one you gave me a link to with Charlie smiling at me on it that is off of prison planet. Did I miss something? Why are you even still on this? Make 100 articles. At 300 words a piece, and the same facts interlinking, I still call him out on it. I still say it can be done. I do not care. Heck, have that one too. Now convince me that a team of people could not do that in 90 minutes, especially in Jones' offices. Convince me, not just tell me over again. I mean, I stand by my statement no matter how many links you have on whichever link it is I was supposed to look at. I do not care. I know what to expect from Alex. I know what he has to offer. I could sit there and tell you what he is going to say next every second of his show. So 5/8/32/4097, whatever! Did or did Alex not brag about having big news the next day? Did he or did he not lead people to infer that big news was this 'interview?' Did it, or did it not take well over an hour for someone there to realize they need to put up a disclaimer? Do I know what link you are talking about then?

I will give you 1 of those as a bonus...
now........
go!

/that was weird/

is ATS screwed up?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Lillydale]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee one you gave me a link to with Charlie smiling at me on it that is off of prison planet.

That would be the correct one. And there's 32 links on it, not counting the couple in the article text. Tell me how you managed to count less than a third in there? Can you even count at all? I'm beginning to doubt so.

Did I miss something?

You counted 32 links as 5 or 8. I think you've missed quite a bit.

Why are you even still on this? Make 100 articles. At 300 words a piece, and the same facts interlinking, I still call him out on it. I still say it can be done. I do not care. Heck, have that one too. Now convince me that a team of people could not do that in 90 minutes, especially in Jones' offices. Convince me, not just tell me over again. I mean, I stand by my statement no matter how many links you have on whichever link it is I was supposed to look at. I do not care. I know what to expect from Alex. I know what he has to offer. I could sit there and tell you what he is going to say next every second of his show. So 5/8/32/4097, whatever! Did or did Alex not brag about having big news the next day? Did he or did he not lead people to infer that big news was this 'interview?' Did it, or did it not take well over an hour for someone there to realize they need to put up a disclaimer? Do I know what link you are talking about then?

Clearly you're not really paying attention to anything that's been said. Here it is, put really simply. I bet a 5 year old could understand this.

32 links = Time is spent to collect them = Preparation = Time was spent on the article.

It's really that simple, and it's the whole point I've been making during the last dozen posts or so. Those links weren't just grabbed at random and thrown in. If you still don't understand, then please... seek diagnosis immediately for whatever attention disorder you have.

Also, I shall explain again that 90 minutes is a very short time compared to a day. If there had been no disclaimer for a full day or longer, then maybe you would have real reason to suspect something fishy. But it was only 90 minutes. That's one hour and 30 minutes. There are 24 hours in a day. There are 60 minutes in an hour. That means that there are 1,440 minutes in a day. Furthermore, Alex explained that the Web site's bandwidth was clogged with traffic, making the correction of the disclaimer difficult.

Alex's big announcement wasn't the letter either. It was Charlie. He's made this clear, and it's very evidently clear by this other article (www.infowars.com...) which preceded the letter "20 Minutes with the President" and even specifically names it.

Sheen’s request takes the form of a letter to the President in the context of a fictional meeting between the two entitled “20 Minutes With The President,” published exclusively on radio talk show host Alex Jones’ Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com websites.

Face it. You have no credible evidence that Alex was trying to punk us.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojiro

Considering that Alex is known for being blustery, rushing past details he finds unimportant, and sometimes sloppy, I am amused when the same people who criticize him for this find him capable of organized deception.

Is it more likely that this was carefully planned, or more of his usual manic panic?

This isn't like the Department of Defense, a highly disciplined agency, who prides itself on having the world's most capable and advanced military, allowing a plane to turn itself back around, slip through NORAD and hit the Pentagon.

This is a dude whose desk is filled will piles of unorganized papers that he constantly has to shuffle through to find what he wants to talk about for the day.

Do I believe this was just carelessness? Yep. Why? Look at the dude.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Highly agreed.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by Lillydale

Isn't all this quibbling over misspelling marshmallow a little infantile anyway? Phonetically it sounds like marshmellow.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Geee this thread has turned into a Ad Hom-athon. If you can't defend you position minus Ad Hom you're in VAST need of some serious soul searching.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Reply to post by Lillydale

Isn't all this quibbling over misspelling marshmallow a little infantile anyway? Phonetically it sounds like marshmellow.

If you had been following along and actually reading my posts then you know

1. My credibility was called into question in that my questioning Alex was called into question because I was accused of being wrong by using A instead of E.

I was correct so that argument goes by by.

2. Since then, I have been trying to get Kojiro to get back to actually discussing Alex instead of me.

If you are not even going to actually read the things that you comment on, please feel free to forget to aim at me as I now know you either will not or cannot read my posts.

Now, did you just use your post to talk about Alex, or to talk about me?

Right, Watcher, Kojiro - I am very nice to look at but this thread is about Alex.

Wow, I should not have to say that so many times, should I?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join