It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did no one really get what Jones was trying to do?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by talisman

You are not paying attention, you did not answer my question which I now reiterate:

How in the heck can you call it a "open letter" considering it includes what is supposed to be the answers of the person it is to?

Where did I call it an "open letter?"

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Here for one:post by talisman
So are you going to answer my question anytime soon or can I expect this deflection to be ongoing?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Detractors in this thread look very silly considering the massive world wide attention this effort brought to the 9/11 false flag.

You can argue the semantics until you are blue in the face but this was an enormous victory for truth . Way better than any of you could do posting on a forum.

If believe in the official story then i understand your ire but if you don't believe the official story and are still actually upset by this Sheen issue then you fail.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Maybe if you tell yourself that long enough it will become true. Though I must admit it's uproarously funny to watch you do what you lambast others for doing.....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Here for one:post by talisman
So are you going to answer my question anytime soon or can I expect this deflection to be ongoing?

You said the following:
"How in the heck can you call it a "open letter"

Okay, I am now asking you to defend your accusation here....

where did I call it an "open Letter" can you show me this?

Can you answer this?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by talisman]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Watcher,

A saint once said that God calls each of us differently, and that we ought not to judge how others are completing the tasks God gives them.

You may disagree with Jones's approach. You may feel he was lying about what happened with the disclaimer. That's fine. We can agree to disagree.

Are you at least just a little bit happy with the outcome?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm a bit curious as to what harm has been done to the 9/11 Truth movement by this "hoaxed interview." Where are the hordes of media screaming we've all been discredited "because Alex and Charlie punked us all?"

The unreasonable behaviors in this thread are laughable. The disclaimer is up there, the "interview" was revealed to actually be a letter to the President, and Charlie's challenging Obama for real answers. It's very clear that the big announcement Alex had was Charlie Sheen taking charge and risking his career over a very publicly contraversial topic.

But I know people are just going to reply to this post anyway and repeat "barbarbarbarbar posted without disclaimer barbarbar liar barbarbarbar." It'll only prove that you can't reason with fools.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojiro

I think it's very sad, especially now. At this moment, with "Osama bin Ladin" supposedly rearing his ugly head again, we all need to ban together whether we like each other or not.

I feel a false flag coming. They need it now more than ever. Global economic meltdown + swine flu + terrorism will be enough to start the actual rise of a New World Order.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If you make it anymore obvious what you are trying to do it's going to get pathetic.

Main Entry: ob·fus·cate
Pronunciation: \ˈäb-fə-ˌskāt; äb-ˈfəs-ˌkāt, əb-\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): ob·fus·cat·ed; ob·fus·cat·ing
Etymology: Late Latin obfuscatus, past participle of obfuscare, from Latin ob- in the way + fuscus dark brown — more at ob-, dusk
Date: 1577
transitive verb
1 a : darken b : to make obscure
2 : confuse
intransitive verb
: to be evasive, unclear, or confusing

— ob·fus·ca·tion \ˌäb-(ˌ)fəs-ˈkā-shən\ noun

— ob·fus·ca·to·ry \äb-ˈfəs-kə-ˌtȯr-ē, əb-\ adjective

SOURCE:www.merriam-webster.com...

Main Entry: de·flec·tion
Pronunciation: \di-ˈflek-shən, dē-\
Function: noun
Date: 1605
1 : a turning aside or off course : deviation
2 : the departure of an indicator or pointer from the zero reading on the scale of an instrument

My point is that Charlie Sheen wrote one of the best

letters

covering 9/11, his points were really brought out well in that

letter

and it developed very nicely.

Found Here

Yes, it was a very well written

Letter by Sheen

, probably the best thing I have seen (and I have seen a lot) but now it goes down as a big scandal or hoax.

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread499645/pg12#pid7099784[/url]

Need I post anymore?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Happy? Why would this make me happy? That there is a man who has shown his true colors as nothing more than a lying parasite and some people are in such a bad way that they buy his excuses even when he is caught red handed? No, actually it makes me sad.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
While your take on a subjective situation may differ amongst yourselves, and while there is scant room for jokes in the delicate balance of society's sanity... Why make a mountain out of a molehole? There are greater prolems at hand. If you feel like your inabitilty to be ojective is getting in your way, then have your intelligence checked. It goes for everyone.
Do I care if CS has an interveiw with the president? Not Particularly. Do I think it would change anything? Unlikely. Do I think that barbarism amongst men is beneficial? Only to small minds. Do I think that savages can be reasoned with? Never. Do I think the police are "here to help"? It depends on what they're working for. Are they working for us? Obviously not. Forget your pockets. Who's got their hands in your head?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Okay, my hope was that in the middle of disagreement we could find one touch point. I was hoping because I think so highly of you that this would be that one point from which we could agree.

I am happy, you see, that it got people talking about something that deserved to be talked about.

People don't always do things the way I do, or the way I would want them to. This is an example, but, sheesh! People lost their sense of outrage over 9-11. They stopped caring. They got complacent. Maybe this was the wrong way to go about it, but I feel it is a good thing that people had to think about it, if even for a second.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

There is think about it. Then there is thinking about in a capacity that so many do. And that is in a way of reinforcing their preconception, which is not investigation. I am not saying you are one of those people but there are a vast number out there who are. And I can agree to disagree.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Well, like many people I believed that Muslim terrorists living in a cave independently took the life of US citizens because of our abysmal foreign policy and an obscene hatred for the "Great Satan". Then I started working overseas, dealing with people of many faiths, living for a period of time in Muslim nations, and having to deal with people from the government who had a lot of "suggestions" for how we should run our NGO.

That was when I started to rethink things.

I received a copy of "Them: Adventures with Extremists" where I was introduced to Jones, and "The Biggest Secret" (Icke). This happened around 2002, maybe? Maybe a little later. Not sure. I didn't think anything of it then. I thought all of "those people" (Icke, Jones, and followers) were reptilian loving, Masonic hating wackjobs.

However, more and more things didn't sit right with me. Things friends of mine who worked at the Pentagon or in Pentagon City would say about the event really struck me as odd. It was very organic, I suppose, my questioning. Still, no one person affected me.

When I rediscovered Alex Jones I recognized him for "loud" and I listened sporadically for entertainment purposes. However, I could see that he believed it, and I have a thing for true believers--so few of them left.

I appreciate that his videos are for free. I appreciate that he started this on a shoestring, and I appreciate his feisty nature. Do I think he's 100%? No, but no one is. I might be more critical of him if I didn't see people kick the crap out of him daily on ATS.

In fact, that is probably my whole reason for defense. I work in NGOs. I know just how lazy and selfish most people are. They love to talk about Darfur, for example, but if they were called to go there they wouldn't, or if they had to make an appointment to see their congressman it would never happen.

People who do impress me far more than people who talk. Starting alternative radio is a "do", organizing a protest is a do, flubbing up a fake interview with Obama is still a "do".

[edit on 14-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What really happened on 911...

www.sotoman.info...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by drmabus8888]

[edit on 14-9-2009 by drmabus8888]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Making an alternative radio station that makes him money. A great deal of multimillionares started on a shoestring and look at what you think of them now. For all I know I could be wrong, but I rather doubt it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by drmabus8888

Thank you for that helpful link. I don't know what myself or my alternate personalities would have done without reading about James Randi. I love magicians so much, and I especially love the ones that are still pulling the wool over people's eyes.

I disagree *grumbles before grabbing another cookie to munch* I hate it when people try to imply that we're crazy.

No we don't. *clutches hands together* We don't hate anything. We love everyone--

Shut up and go away, it's my turn to talk now

QUIET!

*shakes head sadly*

Sorry about that, folks. My paranoid split personalities have such a difficult time dealing with smartasses.

Once more, thank you so much for the link.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

If you make it anymore obvious what you are trying to do it's going to get pathetic.

Main Entry: ob·fus·cate
Pronunciation: \ˈäb-fə-ˌskāt; äb-ˈfəs-ˌkāt, əb-\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): ob·fus·cat·ed; ob·fus·cat·ing
Etymology: Late Latin obfuscatus, past participle of obfuscare, from Latin ob- in the way + fuscus dark brown — more at ob-, dusk
Date: 1577
transitive verb
1 a : darken b : to make obscure
2 : confuse
intransitive verb
: to be evasive, unclear, or confusing

— ob·fus·ca·tion \ˌäb-(ˌ)fəs-ˈkā-shən\ noun

— ob·fus·ca·to·ry \äb-ˈfəs-kə-ˌtȯr-ē, əb-\ adjective

Main Entry: de·flec·tion
Pronunciation: \di-ˈflek-shən, dē-\
Function: noun
Date: 1605
1 : a turning aside or off course : deviation
2 : the departure of an indicator or pointer from the zero reading on the scale of an instrument

My point is that Charlie Sheen wrote one of the best

letters

covering 9/11, his points were really brought out well in that

letter

and it developed very nicely.

Found Here

Yes, it was a very well written

Letter by Sheen

, probably the best thing I have seen (and I have seen a lot) but now it goes down as a big scandal or hoax.

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread499645/pg12#pid7099784[/url]

Need I post anymore?

Yes I said "LETTER" Now show me where I CALLED IT AN OPEN LETTER.

Are you saying there is no such thing as "fictional letters?" I should think not!

So again, can you back up your claim that I called it An Open Letter as opposed to "LETTER."

Its obvious that Sheen wanted this read by Obama, so it isn't private and this fits nicely with the idea that it is his letter to the Pres.

Now go back and show me where I called it an OPEN LETTER.

Do you think that OPEN LETTER AND LETTER mean the same thing?

tnks,

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Semantics. You dropped one word. Since when does a LETTER have a format simular to a interview? How's that? Will you now answer my question?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
My point is proven. And that's sad. I had such hope for humanity. But then here we go. A mountain made out of a molehill. The critics of this thread will never realize how profoundly ridiculous they look right now. They can't be reasoned with. They don't want to be reasoned with. They want you to believe too that Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen are out to get you, and no one ever has accidents or makes mistakes.

"This is! THE FACT OF LIIIIIIIFE!!!" they cry.

Perhaps after finishing the journey depicted in the Higher Arcana of the Tarot, they'll achieve some manner of wisdom. Then again, they might more likely just get lost on the way.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join