It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Couple of points, one of which has already been raised.

AJ has no credibility really.

The "hoax"... well, taking 20 seconds to read the first part, it's pretty obvious it's being presented in the same way that the onion does journalism. It's an attempt at that rather than trying to fool the public in any way.

I can't see what all the fuss is about here. Who honestly decided this whole thing should be called a hoax?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

I presume it is because Coast to coast plugs them. Maybe if AJ plugged ATS they would not try and massacre him.

that is complete BS

why would ATS need plugging by him?

it goes to show you have NO idea what ATS is about...

we and our members like to talk about every thing not just 9/11 as you can see from the boards

on ATS the rules is simple say what you wish provide evidence and debate it in a manner that does not disrespect you fellow member with insults but with valid questions

ATS has no asgender other than keeping the topic civil and on topic..

so for all who think otherwise you are mistaken or did not read the T+C

ATS provides a great forum for all walks of life and for me IS the best forum to express my OWN views without towing some "line" in any direction other than being civil to each other

so i say sir you are wrong

and so was alex for doing what he did in the manner in which he did it..

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

He said in today's radio broadcast, " That he presented the article the way he did, for a reason." and I'm paraphrasing, " If your smart enough to see it, you'll realize why I chose this method."

So, those who don't question AJ's motives are "smart enough" but critics who suggest that he's the P.T. Barnum of the Patriot Movement, motivated only by greed and the need for self aggrandizement (or perhaps he's in service to a sinister agenda as dictated by his shadowy paymasters) aren't savvy enough to understand this great mind?

Well, let's suppose that a totally unscrupulous snake oil salesman decided to make some headlines and generate some publicity (and that he believes there's no such thing as bad publicity). Let s further assume that he doesn't care about critics because there are enough people buying his books and DVDs and the more his name is kicked around the more enchanted his followers become.

Now, compare this greedy, profiteering salesman's actions to this recent AJ stunt and tell me, what would an unscrupulous salesman have done differently?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Go have at somebody else with your trolling i don't care to converse with you. You don't like AJ we get it. Just so i'm clear i like Alex i don't worship him like i don't worship the band Muse but i like them.

I like Alex i think he does good works and no one loses all credibility by making a mistake.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The bottom line is Charlie Sheen and Alex Jones false-flagged us for an hour and a half with this written piece and everybody's all upset. The PTB false flagged us FOR THE PAST 8 YEARS! People need to get really angry, but not at Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen for potentailly opening a lot of people's eyes with this episode.

It appears to me the idea was to start a rumor that Obama met Sheen and basically put him off, which makes Obama look bad to truthers(who, for the last 8 years, have been largely voting Dems, iirc)...
The only way for Obama to properly defend against these rumors would be to actually meet with Charlie. If he denies he ever met with him, he'll be hounded by more people calling him a liar and demanding to know why not.

Brilliant, Karl-rovesque strategy.

Although, agreed it's not at all ethical.

But that's how you have to deal with politicians, you have to corner them.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

The bottom line is Charlie Sheen and Alex Jones false-flagged us for an hour and a half with this written piece and everybody's all upset.

Oh stop pls lol your killing me haha
false flagged us
sorry ok 'm ok now haha no i'm not who am i kidding
that was a good one seriously funniest post today by far

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I was speaking hyperbolically.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HOUNDDAWG

He said in today's radio broadcast, " That he presented the article the way he did, for a reason." and I'm paraphrasing, " If your smart enough to see it, you'll realize why I chose this method."

So, those who don't question AJ's motives are "smart enough" but critics who suggest that he's the P.T. Barnum of the Patriot Movement, motivated only by greed and the need for self aggrandizement (or perhaps he's in service to a sinister agenda as dictated by his shadowy paymasters) aren't savvy enough to understand this great mind?

Well, let's suppose that a totally unscrupulous snake oil salesman decided to make some headlines and generate some publicity (and that he believes there's no such thing as bad publicity). Let s further assume that he doesn't care about critics because there are enough people buying his books and DVDs and the more his name is kicked around the more enchanted his followers become.

Now, compare this greedy, profiteering salesman's actions to this recent AJ stunt and tell me, what would an unscrupulous salesman have done differently?

Hmmm

Is this a trick question?

Is this salesman our President?

All jokes aside.

Alex Jones is one thing. We get him, we know what he's about. Fan or not, he is who he is. Charlie Sheen hasn't mentioned a word in 3 years. He's at the top of his TV game.

And now this..

Charlie Sheen is currently the top paid TV actor. That's saying a lot. This was his idea and he's risking it all, not for Alex Jones.

For the Truth, for an INVESTIGATION WITH SUBPOENA POWER. For something that Obama promised.

Again:

Steroids in Baseball: Had Congressional Subpoena Power.

9/11 Commission: DID NOT have Subpoena Power.

MSM tactics aside...

Whose the snake oil salesman?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ok, alot to keep up with here. How many of you have actually listened to the three hour "Hour of the Time" show dealing with AJ's Y2K psy assault on his audience from back then?
I like the statement from what was it..Midas Resources?? Went something like this for the uninitiated...
"We here at Midas Resources are understanding of the fact that you may have to flee for your lives". I mean come on, how could you with a straight face for a second saying that? This whole group of bullsh*t artists are kneedeep in their own product.
AJ constantly talks about Russian Hinds being shot down in Grozny, I believe. Tanks being blown to bits. Tens of thousands in the street.
Let us also not forget about the caller claiming a supposed nuclear plant had blown up ...he was salivating over afterwards. Powerplants being shutdown, atm failures.. oh, and at the very end of his broacast on Y2K, Russian ICBM"s were inbound toward the U.S. What a closing line!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

hang on.. i guess you never read the fact i tune into his shows?

sorry i don't put all my eggs in one basket.. and for you to assume i hate the guy is silly.. i pointed out

1) he has gone to far
2) i liked him
3) he slated bill cooper and called him a liar when, thats was bs
4) he is as bad as the shrills he is meant to hate trough corporate advertising
5) he gets aid to make you scared, just like y2k

and ats has nothing to do with how i feel or c2c.. its a medium for me to say MY opinion .. and i think he has gone one step to far for me and im sure many others regardless of 9/11 who seek truth

he lost all respect , or what was left today by playing out of the hand book we ALL detest

very sad for him and the collective movement called truth in all its forms

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

its true but yet you laugh?

3000 dead people i dont find funny at all

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

watch how people will quietly ignore your post about the whole AJ Y2K fiasco. dont waste your time mate this is a lost cause. people will refuse to believe they are wrong. the sheep refuse to believe the government would screw them over and the rebels refuse to believe their hero's fighting the good fight would screw them over. its just another level of control. you cant make people believe anything they are not ready to see.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
All in all it's a good thing, setting aside the initial gimick, and what you may think about Alex Jones' intentions.

It's a good thing for raising awareness for 9/11 investigation and information.

All kudos go to Charlie Sheen however.

Thanks Charlie, we, most of us, appreciate it.

It's bifurcating across Google now, getting picked up everywhere and bashed by the usual suspects as can be expected.

May it rocket it's way onto CNN somehow, maybe tomorrow.

It's a story - everyone knows Sheen, and regardless of what they think about HIM, he raises some very good points, and questions, questions every American ought to be asking. Important questions.

And that is the long and the short of it, in the final analysis.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
The bottom line is Charlie Sheen and Alex Jones false-flagged us for an hour and a half with this written piece and everybody's all upset. The PTB false flagged us FOR THE PAST 8 YEARS! People need to get really angry, but not at Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen for potentailly opening a lot of people's eyes with this episode.

It appears to me the idea was to start a rumor that Obama met Sheen and basically put him off, which makes Obama look bad to truthers(who, for the last 8 years, have been largely voting Dems, iirc)...
The only way for Obama to properly defend against these rumors would be to actually meet with Charlie. If he denies he ever met with him, he'll be hounded by more people calling him a liar and demanding to know why not.

Brilliant, Karl-rovesque strategy.

Although, agreed it's not at all ethical.

But that's how you have to deal with politicians, you have to corner them.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by nasdack24k]

FINALLY SOMEONE SEE'S WHAT I SEE!

Star for you friend!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

That's the truth alright. Going thru that now with a local ballot initiative over water fluoridation.
It was fairly evident that whole broadcast was a slowly increasing fire under an over-pressurized pressure cooker intentionally started. Fortunately, it backfired.
He's just a little wiser now...still a paranoia-monger, but at least he's learned to throw a kernel of truth into his drivel to keep some folks tuned in.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
No he did not lose any "credibility". He may be trying to get rich, I don't care.
He says : "9/11 was an inside job. And the real power is not the president". That is enough for me. If someone understands that - everything changes.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

still bs

dont care they lied and in my book makes them as bad as rove..

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Another point..of what value I have no idea but worth bringing up. Have any of you ever heard him when he's invited on Voice of Russia. I tell you what, he's completely off the hook when he's talking to them.
Tell you what. from here on out I may just refer to him as Reverend Jones..cuz he's leading his people to a slaughter.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

your getting worked up over a damn mock interview, but fail to focus on the details of it.

you, are being irrational!

Or were you just looking for an excuse to jump on the AJ hater bandwagon.

At least he is trying to get a movement going, your just behind your computer screen complaining about it.

Get up & do something, stop grunting.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HOUNDDAWG

For the Truth, for an INVESTIGATION WITH SUBPOENA POWER. For something that Obama promised.

Again:

Steroids in Baseball: Had Congressional Subpoena Power.

9/11 Commission: DID NOT have Subpoena Power.

MSM tactics aside...

Whose the snake oil salesman?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by squidboy]
Very good.

It's so obvious that our govt is worm eaten with corruption, and when people refuse to see it I get angry and start thinking thoughts I shouldn't be thinking....

And, when blinded-by-love groupies defend Bush, Jones, Obama, The DEMS or the PUBs etc., with no regard for the long term consequences it scares me white (if you'll pardon the expression).

I worry for my kids and theirs, and wonder what type of unimaginable nightmare is in store for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join