It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
errr...Sheen himself clearly stated that the facts or info in the letter he claims to be true but that the President's comments were manufactured.He says this in the interview in the first few minutes.

Seems like a lack of understanding..there is no hoax or attempt to fool anyone.

Wake up!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™

Originally posted by CherokeeApache47robb
Its that old trick the teacher use to play when giving one of those tests where you're supposed to read the whole test from top to bottom and then put your pencil down and then put your head on the desk.

EXACTLY!!! How many people will have read the points addressed, that they wouldn't have before for whatever reasons. Yes most of us have seen it all before, but my mate Joe Public who wouldn't read anything attached to 9/11 conspiracy's, now has because of his interest in the President, and despite the fact he's read a fictional interview, he's also read a few facts that may open his eyes.

So what, any hoax may give someone ideas about the hoaxed subject.

He's a fraud, we should DENY IGNORANCE

Or has that phrase gone out of style?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
ok ... read my post and please, try to understand my thinking ...

yes, some guy in the website made a mistake ... but really

THERE WAS 2 NEWS OR MORE ABOUT CHARLIE SHEEN

1 - 20 minutes with the president
2 - Charlie Sheen requests meeting with obama

Thats why, my brain, that I think its capable enough, thinks that the guy in the website, who manages it and posted the news, forgot to put the disclaimer ....

WHY would alex make some hoax news if the other news below was an request to meet the president

it Just doesnt make ANY sense ... really, I think I debunked your theory ...

thoughts?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
First time poster here ..

Although I admit it's uncool to hoax one's own audience, I think these guys are trying to launch a silo deep in to (under) the mainstream radar, to reach people who are otherwise wrapped up only in main tabloid news, with a very effective recap of the major reasons to re-open an investigation.

Watch for other juicy gossip to be dumped that will launch Charlie back on to the front pages, once this news item has spread throughout the media and blogs. Once there, the tabloid crowd will stumble on this news item over and over again.

It can only help. It makes an excellent case for a new investigation.

Why all the fuss?

I think we should all get behind it as a reverse psyop on the mainstream media.

Cheers all.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

Thats why, my brain, that I think its capable enough, thinks that the guy in the website, who manages it and posted the news, forgot to put the disclaimer ....

WHY would alex make some hoax news if the other news below was an request to meet the president

it Just doesnt make ANY sense ... really, I think I debunked your theory ...
thoughts?

I think totally the opposite.

I think it was a blatant hoax and Alex Jones didn't bank on shrewd and clued-up sites like ATS busting him so quickly.

I think he thought his "sheeple" would just eat it up and not question it.

Obviously at some point he knew someone would work out that it was BS...he wasn't banking on it happening so quickly.
That's why he banned negative comments on his site and then stuck the disclaimer in there.

Luckily, we're not as daft as he would like.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Easy, logic escapes a lot of people. What you are witnessing is the typical Alternative Media pissing match. Egos colliding, insults being spewed, "this guy is a disinfo agent", this guy is a liar.

Did you know if you google "Largest Sunspot Ever", you get as one of the top three results this bogus article.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS has egg all over it's face. It's been that way for awhile. A U2U was disseminated telling us to inform everyone of "the truth" concerning Alex Jones. That's the first time I've ever gotten that kind of message from the ATS staff. This whole debate is suspect to me now. I think i'm just seeing egos on display. For ATS to even whine about what Jones does while allowing obviously erroneous information to stand uncontested is nothing short of hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Alex is an idiot, all i can say about the man i have zero respect for him and that was before this happened.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The ratings ploy worked, I tuned in to hear what he has to say about this whole thing. I wonder what this earth shattering announcement will be! It is noon EST so I wonder what he is going to say about this.

I hate to give him more hits but I am curious.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
after thought on the subject, i dont think its all its being made to be, and that their is a motive for all this, as it makes no sence. im not a jones fan, never have and never will be as i think he is about money ,this situation just seems a bit too silly to be silly.

we are what, 3 days away from 9/11 ... i have a hunch that he is trying to stir up as much media / buzz as possible before 9/11 so he can announce or do something and be seen by so much people that msm cannot ignore it, what more it seems to be working judging by the insane amount of clamour and buzz on ats, possibly the biggest conspiricy forum.

if he is doing that, he is playing a very risky game, as conspricy folks arent known for being very forgiving when being misled.

i say, let this boil ... im watching to see what happens, i am no fan in the slightest, i really dislike him and how he makes his money, but im giving him a chance.... i wanna see where he is going with this!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well, I've found an apology tucked in a new article discussing public and media reactions to the event.

Media & Blogosphere React To Sheen’s Request For Meeting With Obama

Separately, a few other blogs were up in arms about Sheen’s letter being a “hoax” because the disclaimer clarifying that the meeting with Obama was a stylized fictional account and not a real event did not get added to the bottom of the article until a little later due to technical snafus and a bombardment of traffic that shut down servers and locked out Infowars and Prison Planet webmasters. With the Infowars version having been copied across from Prison Planet, both original versions did not contain the disclaimer until the error was brought to our attention and promptly fixed as soon as we could gain access to servers that kept crashing, as many readers noted at the time. We added the disclaimer as soon as possible as well as other information that should have been included at the bottom of the original article regarding Sheen’s appearance on the show. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and are trying to move our servers in house to prevent this routine occurrence from happening again.

I'll refrain from sharing my opinion on the appology here to give people a chance to freely digest the article and its contents first.

Edit: Looks like talisman beat me to it here.

[edit on 9/9/09 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
AJ seems to be gloating over the press he is getting over this one. He just read a huge list of news agencies that mentioned the thing and was thrilled to note that cnn even made a call.

This just looks more like a joke than anything serious! Most are focusing on the comedic value of the whole flap than anything substantial that was brought up in the "fantasy". Nice, after Nat. Geo spent easily a third of their time profiling "truthers" this guy makes us all look bad. Shame on Alex for not using his head.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Alex Jones will lead you in the quicksand, he has done nothing but make anyone that does have credebility look like they are fools. Their was one person that called him out and showed him for what he truely is and that was William Cooper. RE: www.youtube.com...
and here is the interview with Jones and William Cooper
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I am shocked that Restore The Republic are working with Jones, i was a member but no longer as they choose to deal with him. He will make them look like fools to and they are really tarnishing Aaron Russo's memory working with him!
We lost a great decent, moral, honest and concerened patriot, when we lost William Cooper he was a real truther exposing the real tyrrants and that is why he was murdered. Do you really think if Jones was a true threat that he'd still be around?, think about that, and dont forget he did and who knows probably still does work for the CIA get out of his web people, i know we needsomeone to believe in but it is not Jones. Research, Learn, get the word out to as many as you can we just need to stay aware of what is happening ALL of us, as we have been. Jones adds the fuel and the fire that is NOT how we want to deal with this, it wont work, keep your cool and your heads and stay AWARE get the word out!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
faux news has a report on it now

Report: Charlie Sheen Seeks Meeting With Obama to Discuss 9/11 'Cover-Up'

Actor Charlie Sheen is demanding a meeting with President Obama to discuss his belief that the September 11 terror attacks were perpetrated by the federal government.

In an interview with PrisonPlanet.com, The “Two and a Half Men” star unveils a fictional 20-minute exchange he imagines having with Obama – whom he supported in the November election – during which he implores the president to get on “the right side of history.”

Sheen, 44, argues that “the official 9/11 story is a fraud” and claims the attacks served as “the pretext for the systematic dismantling of our Constitution and Bill of Rights.” Moreover, he charges that the Bush/Cheney “regime” was behind the attacks as a prelude to justify an invasion of Iraq. Sheen also insinuates that Usama bin Laden is working for the U.S. government.

RELATED: Click here to read Sheen's hypothetical sit-down with Obama at PrisonPlanet.com

Sheen, who has been an adamant “9/11 Truther” for years, demands in his imagined meeting with Obama that the president answer what he calls a “bottomless warren of unanswered questions surrounding that day and its aftermath.”

Sheen is the former husband of actress Denise Richards, who alleged that he was addicted to gambling, prescription drugs and prostitutes. While Sheen has openly discussed his previous struggles with drugs, he has denied Richards’ allegations against him. Still, Richards used his beliefs about 9/11 as proof for a judge that he was “delusional.” She later sought and received a restraining order against him.

www.foxnews.com...?test=faces

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

With what is going on right now H1N1 threat of mandatory Vaccine, Quarrentine's , Martial Law, Healthcare bill important and pressing issues dont you think? Why with this going on would Jones steer us to 9/11 at this particular time? hmmm something doesnt smell right here. We will get to 9/11 I have no doubt about that, but if we give them any kind of a lead right now by not keeping our eyes on the right balls, it will be to our demise! Keep your eye on the ball (the RIGHT one) Jones is diverting us...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit777child

I am not an Alex Jones fan per say, I think he is funny and informative, and up to this stunt, not unlike Bill O'Reilly in many ways.

"How would you have galvanised the people and focus their attentions with the hope of creating a truth movement?"

Every argument has ethos, pathos, and logos in play. I have always disagreed with shouting people down, the tactics Alex Jones uses and inspires does not help anything, other than making the rhetorical tradition look like a desperate bully.

Tell the truth. Have some integrity/ethos. To pull a fast one on your own audience is pretty lame. This latest flap could have been avoided, largely, if he didn't build up the hype so much. An apology now looks like a lie, it was all orchestrated to float around for hours before the radio show, until he saw people freaking out. I saw the "catch infowars at 8am CST and listen to infowars at 11am for more information."

Basically, I am not surprised. Alex Jones has pathos that is way overzealous and too overbearing for anyone to take him seriously, which affects his ethos and logos equally so, and now you add this little stunt to the gumbo and he becomes a dishonest deceiver that raves lunacies on a street corner, instead of just a garden-variety raving lunatic....

Sad indeed for all the people who were following him this whole time thinking he was going to lead them to the promise land.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I really wish we would move on now.

The haters got their pound of flesh ...
The lovers got their excuse ...
And AJ got to be the center of attention.

So everybody wins.

Any further attention on this man and we're guilty of enabling his megalomania.

Kidding but not really.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This IS a DIVERSION by Jones folks AWAY from the important issues NOW!!! Dont let him sway you Keep your eye on the ball. Mandatory H1N1 Vaccines, Quarrentines, Arrests, socialized healthcare, Martial Law, The mess in Afghanistan and what a mess!!!This is where we need to be focused Nt on 9/11 right now, we have time for that but not for the pressing issues!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well, I've found an apology tucked in a new article discussing public and media reactions to the event.

Media & Blogosphere React To Sheen’s Request For Meeting With Obama

Separately, a few other blogs were up in arms about Sheen’s letter being a “hoax” because the disclaimer clarifying that the meeting with Obama was a stylized fictional account and not a real event did not get added to the bottom of the article until a little later due to technical snafus and a bombardment of traffic that shut down servers and locked out Infowars and Prison Planet webmasters. With the Infowars version having been copied across from Prison Planet, both original versions did not contain the disclaimer until the error was brought to our attention and promptly fixed as soon as we could gain access to servers that kept crashing, as many readers noted at the time. We added the disclaimer as soon as possible as well as other information that should have been included at the bottom of the original article regarding Sheen’s appearance on the show. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and are trying to move our servers in house to prevent this routine occurrence from happening again.

I'll refrain from sharing my opinion on the appology here to give people a chance to freely digest the article and its contents first.

Edit: Looks like talisman beat me to it here.

[edit on 9/9/09 by redmage]

I'm sure the haters will let that one slip by..

It's funny seeing all the anti-AJ people come out of the woodwork, just waiting for Alex to slip.... I can't believe this thread is still going lol... What a bunch of haters.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by imitator]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

hmmm... maybe they needed a numbers count IDK there was and is a method to what he is doing, he is a deciever and no one should put their trust in him, he will lead you to the fire.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I still like Alex, I don't care that a bunch of people read the thing then didn't bother to realize it wasn't really real then got all butt hurt about it, I don't care. I'm not the kind of person that looks at any news source and expects things to be real or anything to be fair. I hate the world.

When I see people being so GD ignorant, I just laugh, it is what we are made from, dreams, ignorance!

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join