It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

you reply to one line.

you don't even address the other points made in that post.,

Picking and choosing does not help your cause at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

check out my post on green usa day and cooper said it b4 alex

just sayin =]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by seektress

Yeah, that's what a true journalist does. That's why it seems weird to you, you don't see the real thing that often, you don't recognize it.
www.alexjonesmachine.com...

Yea, the same journalist who links to STORMFRONT. Carry on with that myth

[edit on 8-9-2009 by antonia]

Excuse me, but you just proved my point. The information linked to ANY site is just that, information. It is up to YOU to sort it out, compare the sources, do your own legwork to decide what works or not. Don't limit yourself to only reading things you agree with. Otherwise, how do you know what you don't agree with?

TRUE journalism PRESENTS the information...ALL OF IT...good AND bad (if you want to use those labels).

If you think that Rense AGREES with something just because he posts a LINK to it, you are very, very misunderstanding of what journalism is about, and I can't help you out there.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

It's no longer a hoax though. It's an acknowledged work of fiction. I think the important issue is we should be pushing for Obama to reopen the investigation, or at the very very least, address it with the public.

If this happens via Charlie, we might as well push for it. Currently our truth movement is lacking in direction. Without some dialogue with the heads of government we will never see the truth.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I understand what you are saying completely. I don't think people who question it are nuts. I have my own questions but i've hit the wall with the subject personally. What can we do really? Most people don't care. I've chosen instead to just observe.

But yeah when i read no planes, the jews, etc, I stopped taking the "movement" seriously. Jones may at some point have had good intentions. I'm not sure but I think it's all down to egomania with Jones, rense, greer etc, at this point.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
Yes, Alex pulled a fast one by not posting the disclaimer with the Charlie Sheen article. But if Charlie gets gets hit interview with BHO, then this is the biggest thing Alex Jones has ever been involved in.

But we need need need to get past the arguing and fighting among ourselves and recognize that Charlie Sheen is a huge celebrity and one of the truth movement's greatest assets. He has a greater chance than avg. Joes 1 and 2 at getting in the same room as the Prez.

We really should all be supporting these guys and pressuring BHO as much as possible to "SIT DOWN WITH CHARLIE" and "TALK TO CHARLIE" etc.

This is actually a fantastic opportunity.

Charlie Sheen is not a huge celebrity. Not even the rag-tag tabloid like sites (like TMZ) didnt even pick it up. And they'll pretty much put up anything about a celeb.

And there is absolutely no chance in hell that Sheen will even get 100 feet of Obama let alone an interview.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Jones will still have some following. Look at Jimmy Swaggart. He still has a small following after admitting he is a whoremonger. Some people will follow the devil into hell.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

what case?

do you want me to argue because you stated it was a LIE or am i missing something

Monty python time..

alex: guess wat!
public: wat?
alex: i got something that will blow your mind
public: ohhh show us
alex: we talked to the potus for 20mins about 9/11
public: wow really
alex: nah only kiddin, but we hope to
public: you fkn assclown...

get the point?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

by telling the truth?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doorman

It made it to Gawker and some of the others.

Just saying...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
To understand what occurred with this Article, think of the War of the Worlds radio program. It's that simple.

War of the Worlds Radio Program (wiki)

Really, It was " questionably " misrepresented for an hour (I for one mistook it as real and discussed it with friends) until a disclaimer was added (an hour or so later).

Jones posted the Literary work of Sheen (sort of like what happened with War of the Worlds). If the delay of the disclaimer was intentional or not, is the question. But it is irrelevant. Because it is not a hoax, it's a very strong literary tactic used with a very powerful essay.

Thus, Sheen's piece is not a hoax. Sheen wrote it and wants the meeting to take place. His writing is what he hopes to occur. How can someone's literary work be considering damaging to their credibility.

Think about WAR OF THE WORLDS for reference of what occurred with this article. In retrospect it's genius really.

A simple understanding of Radio's past would allow the reader/listener to understand what went on here. After a day to think about, I applaud their efforts. It's sad that so many miss out on the possible impact.

link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

what case?

do you want me to argue because you stated it was a LIE or am i missing something

Monty python time..

alex: guess wat!
public: wat?
alex: i got something that will blow your mind
public: ohhh show us
alex: we talked to the potus for 20mins about 9/11
public: wow really
alex: nah only kiddin, but we hope to
public: you fkn assclown...

get the point?

No u miss the point.

Yea interview is fake, but im talking about the meat that would of been presented to him if it were actualy a real interview. look at those facts, not the interview as a whole.

link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Jones will still have some following. Look at Jimmy Swaggart. He still has a small following after admitting he is a whoremonger. Some people will follow the devil into hell.

True that.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Exactly. It's the people spreading the fantasy theories that always shout the loudest, over everybody else, and accuse anybody who doesn't follow them exactly of being disinfo agents. It turns most rational people away from the subject completely, and that's probably the idea.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm just gonna throw this out there. I"ve been detached,I havent watched the video nor will I.

Alex Jones just got filed imo. Filed into disinfo/controled opposition I dont care which they're both the same imo.

Alex is now outside the circle. I doubt he can get inside my circle, in fact I dont think he ever was.

This is like so many other things like Beck. He damn well doesnt:

A: represnet me or my thoughts/position

B: represent me

Sorry Alex just dont cut it, niether does Beck,these clowns are controlled opposition and if you follow them you'll find yourself in a trap.

Just my opinion of course

[edit on 9/8/09 by nickoli]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Think about WAR OF THE WORLDS for reference of what occurred with this article. In retrospect it's genius really.

In War of the Worlds people thought something monumental was happening only to find out it was not ...

In this case people were told that something monumental was going to happen and nothing did.

So, according to your above logic, he is a reverse genius.

[edit on 8 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
To understand what occurred with this Article, think of the War of the Worlds radio program. It's that simple.

War of the Worlds Radio Program (wiki)

...A simple understanding of Radio's past would allow the reader/listener to understand what went on here. After a day to think about, I applaud their efforts. It's sad that so many miss out on the possible impact.

No impact, just a fraud.
That's F R A U D

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by antonia

Exactly. It's the people spreading the fantasy theories that always shout the loudest, over everybody else, and accuse anybody who doesn't follow them exactly of being disinfo agents. It turns most rational people away from the subject completely, and that's probably the idea.

Point taken, I'm not sure how to cut through the crap most days. I never recommend this site to most people i know because i'm fearful they will get drawn into the fantasies of others. I don't protest anymore because i don't want to deal with the crazies. I feel like george carlin most days. Just sitting in the front row of the freak show

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I just can't believe what happened today.

What the hell is going on?

Can anybody make sense out of what just took place?

Charlie Sheen is leading the truth movement now? Is that the best the truth movement has to offer? Charlie F-ing' Sheen?

Man Alex Jones was right... Today was HUGE, because I don't know what the hell just happened.

It seems like I'm waiting for Ashton Kutcher to appear on the ALex Jones show tomorrow to tell us all that we got punk'd.

I mean for a guy to lead numerous protests, allegedly sneak into Bohemian Grove, make dozens of movies, and interview several well known guests... Alex Jones thinks this is the Biggest Event he's ever been apart of? Why would he mislead everybody like this?

Can't be for money, because he just lost a large portion of his viewers due to this stunt he pulled today.

Something is going on, and I'm only left to speculate the reasoning behind this.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seektress

Originally posted by reasonable
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Oh boy, Rense rides the gravy train just as hard as Jones except Rense throws his antisemitism at every opportunity. Rense is also milking suckers and making millions a year like Jones. Greer, Jones & Rense... they should be called "the gravy train trifecta".

Anyone who claims that Rense is an anti semite is extremely confused about the term. Anti-Zionist, I would agree...but nothing to do with religion. Get a clue! Rense is hardly making millions, I've been to his home, it's no mansion. Rense has never been into self promotion or making money. You see any Rense bumper stickers or T-Shirts or DVDs? No. There's a reason for that.

You have made an absolutely false and misleading charge which shows your ignorance of the issue and the control factors in play. Not all Jews are zionists, and not all zionists are Jews. Wake up. That's why they can control you with such schmucks.

It would be a waste of time for me to explain to you how the alt. news gravy train works. It's about raking in cash, getting attention, and most of all appearing not to profit from it. Just do the math it is as easy as that. I've done the math, I've gone through his media packs, I've analyzed his advertising rates. He's clearing 7 figures a year EASY. The only difference between antizionist & antisemitic is it makes their antisemitism justifiable and easier for their followers to swallow. I've seen complete and unbridled rage come from this guy towards the jews NOT towards some made up fantasy of 'zionists'..

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join