It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen "interviews" President Obama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm going to give Alex Jones the benefit of the doubt here. I don't really pay as much attention to him as I used to. I guess he made a mistake. His site looks different now. I don't think this is his fall... anyone else just see it as his mind just popped? I'll probably start listening to David Icke more now. I never trusted him THAT MUCH... and I never got myself hyped up for this... I think to anyone who got deceived by this- shame on you. If it looks to good to be true- than- it probably is... and just remember Alex Jones isn't the only person spreading the truth out there.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by praxis

Originally posted by adrenochrome

You have been hoaxed by Alex Jones.

It's not a hoax -- it's a "War of the Worlds" style broadcast. It's about time for ordinary Americans to get some honest answers from this government.

War of the Worlds was entertainment. This is supposed to be "Truth."

The "Truth" is not making up an event to fit with your worldview, then trying to convince people that it's real. If he didn't want people to believe it was real, at least for a little while, he would have put a disclaimer on it.

He wanted people to believe something that was fake was in fact real. That's a hoax. Coming out later and saying "my bad" doesn't change anything.

This is just the first thing he's been caught on. Ask yourself, can you be 100% sure that he's never hoaxed anything in the past? Can you be sure that he won't hoax anything in the future?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The note identifying it as fictional is still at the very bottom and could easily be missed by a reader. They clearly still want people to think it is real. No shame.

I've never been an Alex Jones fan due to his propensity to sensationalize facts. Not to mention his disturbing childish behavior which guarantees he will never be taken seriously by any right minded person. This is just more of the same.

I don't think this will work out for them the way they envision. I think if anything it will have the opposite effect of what they wanted.

Thanks for the heads up in the PM. Digged, dug or however you say that.

.........and
I award five out of five eyes rolling to Mr. Jones.

It will be interesting to see how many defend this on a board dedicated to denying ignorance by seeking the truth.

Sheen, if you read at ATS, you have got to get a real life and perhaps sober up.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by praxis
It's not a hoax -- it's a "War of the Worlds" style broadcast. It's about time for ordinary Americans to get some honest answers from this government.

This was just another lame viral marketing scam in a long list of them from the opportunistic gasbag Alex Jones.

He has never had any integrity, he is simply trying to make a buck, damn the truth, he wants ratings and traffic on his sites and obviously will stop at nothing to make that happen. Even when it's bad for Jones it is good, higher traffic on his sites translates directly into revenue from ads, and sales of his materials videos etc. all are money in his pocket.... He is laughing all the way to the bank with this one by now.

And then the fools rush in!

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

this is the original screen shot i read this morning. i posted a reply on the other thread and found it to be too scripted and that i believed it to be a Hagelian dialectic:

Hegel's dialectic is the tool which manipulates us into a frenzied circular pattern of thought and action. Every time we fight for or defend against an ideology we are playing a necessary role in Marx and Engels' grand design to advance humanity into a dictatorship of the proletariat. The synthetic Hegelian solution to all these conflicts can't be introduced unless we all take a side that will advance the agenda. The Marxist's global agenda is moving along at breakneck speed. The only way to completely stop the privacy invasions, expanding domestic police powers, land grabs, insane wars against inanimate objects (and transient verbs), covert actions, and outright assaults on individual liberty, is to step outside the dialectic. This releases us from the limitations of controlled and guided thought. When we understand what motivated Hegel, we can see his influence on all of our destinies. ... Hegelian conflicts steer every political arena on the planet, from the United Nations to the major American political parties, all the way down to local school boards and community councils. Dialogues and consensus-building are primary tools of the dialectic, and terror and intimidation are also acceptable formats for obtaining the goal. The ultimate Third Way agenda is world government. Once we get what's really going on, we can cut the strings and move our lives in original directions outside the confines of the dialectical madness. Focusing on Hegel's and Engel's ultimate agenda, and avoiding getting caught up in their impenetrable theories of social evolution, gives us the opportunity to think and act our way toward freedom, justice, and genuine liberty for all.
www.crossroad.to...

s/f to you sir. infowars changed the whole thing. i had some doubts about infowars and his real agenda; however, this sums it up.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by piett
seems like "hoax" is screamed here everywhere like MSM is screaming "terrorists" !

Seeing 3 threads about the "hoax" when connecting to ATS shocked me. No discussion whatsoever about the open letter from Charlie Sheen. Dumbness on a large scale is proportionate in every society.

yes ... and it seems that the mods are letting this happen ... or they want this to happen ... thats WEIRD

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by piett
seems like "hoax" is screamed here everywhere like MSM is screaming "terrorists" !

Seeing 3 threads about the "hoax" when connecting to ATS shocked me. No discussion whatsoever about the open letter from Charlie Sheen. Dumbness on a large scale is proportionate in every society.

That's because it wasn't labeled as an open letter initially. It was touted as "Super Decoder Ring Interview Special." It's not an open letter when it starts out as a lie.

What, we're suppposed to reward lying?

"Oh Alex Jones, please, make more interview sup, it's fun guessing what's real and what's fake on your website!"

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It is NOT a Hoax...

I have been listening to Alex J for 2 hours now...

It is Mr Sheen him self, writting a 'script' on how Mr. Sheen thinks a meeting with Mr. Obama will be like..

It is Mr.Sheens way to get Media attention on the 9/11 Truth...

NOT a HOAX !!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Question: If some movie company made fake videos and images of, say, a UFO in order to promote a movie, but only later admitted to it, we'd call it a hoax, right? A marketing hoax or whatever, but still a hoax.

Why, when Alex Jones put sup a fake interview to advertise his upcoming show, we're supposed to applaud him for it? Fake is fake, deception si deception.

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Yep, the best way to convince people you know the truth is to make things up and display them as real.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Esoterica]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
In the case of War of the Worlds, there were disclaimers from the start. A lot of people missed them, tuned in only during the fictional broadcast, etc. hence the panic that ensued as a result.

In this case, for an extended period of time, there was no disclaimer at all. One isn't analogous to the other, in my opinion.

I'm all for a celebrity using their status and fame to try to garner attention for a genuine cause, and I don't even think an open letter is a bad idea. When it is executed using intentional deception however, it's just plain dishonest in my view.

Again, in my personal opinion the ends do not justify the means, particularly when what you profess to be fighting against are precisely these kinds of mass manipulation tactics.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Facts are facts people, there was NO MENTION of this "interview" being anything other than legitimate for HOURS after it was posted, then, HOURS LATER, a small font disclaimer was added to the END of the article, shedding light on the FACT that it was nothing more than Sheens Christmas list to Santa Claus.

Facts are facts, and the fact is that AJ is one of the loudest critics of disinformation and the telling of lies in order to further ones agenda, so what are we to think now?...

Alex Jones has clearly become the very thing that he rails against, a person who spreads misinformation, and a person who tells lies in order to further his agenda and line his pockets.

Jones has done no one's movement any good, except for the movement which exists for the sole purpose to label "truthers" as fools and kooks.

If you really believe that your movement can be advanced by the telling of lies and by deceiving people, then you are a Dick Cheney deciple.

Jones blew it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What an IDIOT!

And he's telling everyone to send this out everywhere, as if it's real, and THE story of the ages, what a disgrace!

And Sheen - instead of writing a fake interview and putting words in Obama's mouth, why didn't he instead just write a proper LETTER to the President, asking these questions, and then do an interview with AJ about it?

From a "journalistic perspective" there's nothing worse than hoaxing an interview.

And when disseminating truth, employing CONFUSION is never a good idea as it's a divided arrow.

WHat a loser.

This is absurd.

Definitely not credible.

Would have been nice to at least get Sheen back on record in a credible fashion and this is not it.

How embarassing for the truth movement.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

NOT a HOAX !!

The original unfortunate publication strategy this morning was indeed a hoax.

While the fake interview was indeed well-written and portrayed some valid concerns related to 9/11 conspiracy speculation, the method of delivery detracted from the potential message.

From this moment forward, the next time we see a stunning credible-seeming story on an Alex Jones web site, most of us will be doubting the credibility.

And, from this moment forward, the next time mainstream media sees a stunning credible-seeming on another "alternative media" site such as ATS, most of them will be doubting our credibility. Like it or not, Jones is a visible, vocal, and often cited face/voice of conspiracy theory... his action this morning have made all our efforts more difficult.

It's a shame too. The letter is decent.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

Facts are facts, and the fact is that AJ is one of the loudest critics of disinformation and the telling of lies in order to further ones agenda, so what are we to think now?..

That is one of the many reasons I never like him. You know the old saying, "Those who are talking about sex are the ones who aren't getting any!" I think the same goes for those who cry "disinfo" too much!

All you AJ fans are sleeping with the enemy!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Alex Jones may or may not be rightly considered a hoaxer given framework under which this non-event occurred.

Frankly, I am not inclined to appreciate the abuse of the trust with which people imbue his utterances.

However, in an ironic sense, it is a fitting tribute to the 'audience' mentality. It is a wake up call to those who seek deliverance from the hands of others through the actions of another.

What this shameless marketing ploy has done is no more offensive than that of the manipulative use of media in which our government shares, by virtue of precedence, equal guilt.

This is certainly not the first example of such a stratagem in public relations.

But perhaps now, if for no other purpose than as an example of a naked act of ideological manipulation, it could be interpreted in an entirely different light. Certainly not better, just as troubling as if it were only motivated by hubris and greed.

MM

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

It is NOT a Hoax...

I have been listening to Alex J for 2 hours now...

It is Mr Sheen him self, writting a 'script' on how Mr. Sheen thinks a meeting with Mr. Obama will be like..

NOT a HOAX !!

Please turn off the sound for a moment and take a good look at the actual page that was presented to the public for consumption and explain again how this is not a HOAX...

"Here is the link to the originally posted interview, before the additional comment indicating the interview was fiction:
alex-jones-charlie-sheen-hoax.html

Thanks to ATS member getreadyalready for capturing the unedited original page."

There was no disclaimer anywhere, it is the definition of a HOAX.

Stop smoking the turds Alex is passing around, it is bad for your mental health.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think the Letter, and the Interview should be "repackaged" as a "9/11 Interview Starter Kit" and we can all take it to our local politicians!!

I agree with Overlord, the letter, the links, and the info was great!

Now if it was presented over and over again to politicians around the country, maybe it could grow some real legs!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Exactly.

This will most likely backfire on him big-time, not only within his core listener/viewer base But also with regards how the MSM will "see" he and Sheen's antics/attempts to garner attentions...

... yet another means to nutterfy those with valid questions and/or concerns.

Sheen's participation and/or involvement will be lucky if it gets but a blurb during the Entertainment portion...

...in other news today. (?)

*wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see some sort of legal requests or actions 'tween Sheen and Jones in the coming days, future. (?)

... that is, unless Charlie doesn't mind Alex's "hand" running his mouth.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

You think printing it with no disclaimer is a good thing? Did you even look at the original screenshot?

Now the disclaimer is at the bottom for a reason. They still want people to think it is real. Most people only read the first part of articles. It is a trick used by the Newspapers all of the time. They place a misleading title on an article to mislead you and then they put the facts at the end of the article knowing most readers will assume the title and first couple of paragraphs are the story. Jones and Sheen just did the same thing. It is wrong when the Newspapers do it and it is just as wrong when Jones and Sheen do it.

Sometimes I think Jones followers are brainwashed into a cult. No critical thought, no logic; just let Jones do their thinking for them.

Jones is all about Jones and the size of his paycheck. He surrounds himself with young naive people who are good little groupies who swoon at his words and follow his every command. On some of his raw video's he speaks to them like they are dirt under his feet and they eat it up.

We had lot's of Joneses during the Vietnam War protests. All middle aged men who surrounded themselves with high school and college students. These guys are always the same.

As he reaches the point his groupies begin to wise up, he will resort to more and more outlandish tactics to hold it together, but eventually he will self destruct. He will start making mistakes like this one and his followers will begin to question him and start to peel away as they realize who he really is. He will join the others in his profession, broke, no followers and quietly slip into the background of history.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

They do not redeem themselves either. The disclaimer is still out of sight at the bottom. If it were a genuine accident the disclaimer would be front and center at the top of the article. It was intentional no doubt.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join