It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen "interviews" President Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
For those who actually follow and believe everything Alex Jones says: I pity you.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Just to be thorough, who found out it wasn't there for 90 minutes? I don't remember seeing it at first and it was those in the comment section of the article that gave it away to me that it was a hoax.

Unfortunately, I don't have a cache or screen-shot of the original posting... but when I first read it at about 9AM, my first reaction was, "this can't be real." So I scoured the page looking for some kind of "this is the interview we need" indication... and there was none. I even focused on the bottom of the article, knowing such a disclaimer would be in that area. I also started searching for some other indication, and couldn't find any.

Several members indicated they kept the original page open, and there was no bottom-note from Charlie Sheen... approximately 90 minutes later, reports of it's appearance surfaced.

As of 30 minutes ago, the page was not yet in the Google Cache.

The opening statement is very disingenuous, and any other op-ed type of faux-interview we see in news will open with a clear indication that the interview is fictionalized for the purpose of making a statement...

Reported by Charlie Sheen
Prison Planet.com
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I recently had the pleasure of sitting down with our 44th President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama, while he was out promoting his health care reform initiative. I requested 30 minutes given the scope and detail of my inquiry; they said I could have 20. Twenty minutes, 1200 seconds, not a lot of time to question the President about one of the most important events in our nation’s history. The following is a transcript of our remarkable discussion.

The interjection of situation comments also shows some deceptive or sensationalist intent...

(At this point one of Obama’s senior aides approaches the President and whispers into his ear. Obama glances quickly at his watch and nods as the aide resumes his post at the doorway, directly behind me.)

(the President continues to view the documents)

(The Senior aide appears again beside the President whispering in his ear. He then quickly moves off).

(I watch as he strides gracefully out of the room, the truth I provided him held firmly by his side; in the hand of providence.)

This was clearly a sensationalist hoax. How unfortunate for "our side," as now this event may be used to paint us all in an unfavorable light.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As an Alex Jones hater and a person who believes that 9/11 wasn't some vast, far reaching US government conspiracy, I'd like to take just a moment to thank Jones for completely discrediting himself with this. You just cut your own nose off despite your face, Alex. I only wish it had been someone other than you who put out the "Obama Deception" because crap like this faked interview doesn't just discredit your views on 9/11, it risks discrediting the anti-Obama movement and, in an even sadder state of affairs, let's hope it doesn't boil over into Dr. Paul's lap considering how often he's graced your horrible program with his presence.

to you, Jones.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Is it even legal to make up an interview with the President?

I guess the are covering their a** with the disclaimer now. LOL

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Indeed, it will most certainly be used against us. I guess this was a Charlie Sheen plot to get the media's attention with a hoax. lol I got hoaxed by Charlie Sheen, oh well - maybe it'll inject some life into the movement again, just like he did in 2006.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
For those who actually follow and believe everything Alex Jones says: I pity you.

Cheers.

I pity you for saying that everything Alex Jones says is pitiful. It's one thing when supporters are saying they're disappointed, but to see haters of Alex jump on the bandwagon and use this as an opportunity to bash all his ideals is truly pathetic. If you're mad at what Alex has done, fine, but don't try to use this as an excuse to discredit everything he's said.

Even in the midst of massive negativity, deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ya, I still have the original page up on my computer, but I don't know what to do with it!

I am at work, and I don't have any way of capturing a screen shot or saving the page.

Any suggestions, so I can share it?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Ya, I still have the original page up on my computer, but I don't know what to do with it!

Select "save as" to save on your computer as HTML... then attach it as an email to:
contact@theabovenetwork.com

I'll post it for review as soon as I get it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
As an Alex Jones hater and a person who believes that 9/11 wasn't some vast, far reaching US government conspiracy, I'd like to take just a moment to thank Jones for completely discrediting himself with this. You just cut your own nose off despite your face, Alex. I only wish it had been someone other than you who put out the "Obama Deception" because crap like this faked interview doesn't just discredit your views on 9/11, it risks discrediting the anti-Obama movement and, in an even sadder state of affairs, let's hope it doesn't boil over into Dr. Paul's lap considering how often he's graced your horrible program with his presence.

to you, Jones.

I was always against Ron Paul coming onto the show mainly because Alex is the Rush Limbaugh of the conspiracy theory movement.

He's looney, a liar, a fraud, a con artist and a scumbag. He profits off fear and paranoia just like the mainstream media.

Ron Paul needs to be taken seriously but coming onto Alex's show just gives that "Maybe he's insane too" vibe. Even though, Paul is far from insane.

I wish so many ATS members didn't take Jones seriously or worshipped the guy for spreading the "truth."

He's as honest as Glenn Beck.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What a crock this non event turned out to be...

Surely Alex knows that TPTB will forever dangle this in front of anything he does or says from this point forward.

Which makes me wonder why the hell he let this happen.

Silly move,or a calculated attempt to discredit his own show?

As if making up a false interview with the president would lead to a real interview....StOOOpid.

Even if he got a real interview(which he wont IMO)no one will believe it...

Ever hear of the boy who cried wolf Alex?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Thanks so much, SO. I, too, scoured the page when reading the interview but didn't recall seeing it there but wasn't sure if I just missed it. What gave it away for me was reading the comments at the bottom of the article that showed it to be fake. What a stupid stunt. Thanks for letting me know how that conclusion was came to.

And yes, I, too, feel it was very misleading to present the 'interview' as having all sorts of physical reactions as I mention HERE. Glad someone else noticed it. It was extremely misleading how much they tried to make it look real.

I now see other posters mentioned comments to the article are being pulled but it's been 45 minutes now since I've been able to access the site. Apparently his stunt did as intended: Pull in traffic.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I am at work, and I don't have any way of capturing a screen shot or saving the page.

Any suggestions, so I can share it?

just hit "Print Screen" at the top of the keyboard, and open up Microsoft Paint or something similar, and press "Control-V" to paste it in Paint. then save as a .jpg and post it in here!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't know guys. The way this is being done. And the way alex just announced the servers were going down from the amount of posters in comments sections. He is not even talking about the story being a fake or the story at all. He has plausible denial in that he doesn't oversee his website much. And at the beginning of the show, he says "our own Psy-Op".

No not the most honest thing to do. But what is the OTHER SIDE doing? Fight fire with fire. No one gets hurt (except some feelings) and Charlie Sheen is really doing this letter to obama and that is HUGE. In a small amount of time it will be evident what a good thing this turns out to be and the psy op that started it will be forgotten

link   
reply to post by scott3x

I completely understand about artistic license and the art of writing but I guess my issue is why he tried so hard to make it look like a legit interview with actions and everything.

However, the fact that I believe they made a mistake on that account shouldn't distract us from the many points that he made, which I personally believe were very good.

But was it an honest bad judgement call? Or was it a way to make truthers look ridiculous? And yes, Charlie's points were excellent. So while you say this debacle shouldn't distract us from that (and I can agree to a certain extent), he basically did the distraction for us because instead of those on the fence who would really have taken his points to heart, they're now rolling their eyes and thinking 'What a moron.'

The issue now is not the interesting facts he brought forth concerning 9/11, it's now the hoax. Very, very poor idea. In Alex's effort to bring attention to the movement (if that was even his honest intention I'm not so sure after all of this) he ended up making it a laughingstock.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by AshleyD]

link   

Coming to you Now!

Thanks for your help!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Kind of interesting this event happened around 11am, like tomorrow's supposed incident.

It was ALL for ratings. So, I hope everyone now sees all he cares about is ratings, not the truth. He doesn't care about you, me and even himself, except his bottom line.

This proves my theory, and many others' as well, that he is part of TPTB to mock all of those who want the truth to come out. Think about it, what has he uncovered? What?? He has uncovered NOTHING. He's a plant, a stall tactic to make it seem like we're gaining some truth, but what have we uncovered?

He is but another layer of the onion and it stinks all around.

Exposing Alex as a fraud will hurt the Truthers initially, but it must be done. Sometimes we must go back to go forward. And, that's exactly what we did with Alex.

I have about 30+ pages on notes about him and why he's with the elite. I stopped gathering notes about a year ago but this incident angers me.

It's time to start peeling layers of this onion. It's time.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You can make a difference.

Stop posting his crap everywhere, especially his videos and trailers, links to his site etc.

The admin of ATS should consider locking down multiple threads on him.

If he was a member he would be banned and have his material removed right?

Does ATS not have videos of his in the media section?

Get out of bed with this man will ya?

I thought not.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I just heard Alex saying that he was going to close down his comments section on his website because it was going to crash. Hmm, that doesn't sound suspicious at all, removing comments that expose Alex for the fraud he is with this interview. I was reading the comments to the article and there were maybe 5-10 people who actually noticed the disclaimer at the bottom and even after the comments were posted of people copying and pasting that disclaimer, people were still praising alex and charlie for their work. This just goes to show that a lot of his followers really don't do even the basic research of reading the entire article before making a comment. Since starting the show, I don't think he once said that the 20 minute interview was a complete fabrication and it never happened. People who want proof that Alex Jones is a complete fraud and sensationalist, they need to look no further than this pathetic excuse of journalism. Unless he comes up with something completely miraculous in the next week with this thing, I can honestly say, I will never listen to his show again, nor will I even read his website, because it's looking like he just debunked himself.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, Well, Well.......

So much for Alex Jones.....He's turned out to be just another conspiracy, lying, moron who only cares about selling his next book, or advertising on his radio show or praying to the almighty $$$$$$.......

Another loser.................

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
And for crying out loud, if you couldn't tell the interview was fake after this:

CS – Sir, I can’t imagine when you might find the time to actually watch my show given the measure of what you inherited.
PBO – I have it Tivo’d on Air Force One. Nice break from the traveling press corps. (He glances at his watch) not to be abrupt or to rush you, but you have 19 minutes left.
CS – I’ll take that as an invitation to cut to the chase.
PBO – I’m all ears. Or so I’ve been told.

Then maybe you really do need to be put in a FEMA camp

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join