It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen "interviews" President Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
apparently i'm not the only one who noticed that there was an edit which added this in later...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

everyone else claims that they didn't see that the first time they read it either...

...doesn't make you look good, Alex!

now it just looks like a cheap scheme to get people to listen to his show today, as if the hype wasn't bad enough!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Regardless.... it's a win-win situation for 911 truthers. Charlie is a big name and true or not it has the potential to go viral and make a lot of people ask questions. Most sheep will follow the gospel of a famous actor, and played out right could put enough pressure/publicity on the O-man to actually do something about it. But only if get big enough to be un-ignorable by MSM.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Great letter or story. I really enjoyed reading it. I hope some day an interview like that actually unfolds and we can see the truth of what really happened. Maybe someone with enough clout can take this and actually ask these questions to the president. It probably will never happen unfortunately. Oh well, it was still a great read.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by schiass

That is B. S. !!

I still have the original version up on my computer screen, and that new disclaimer is not there!! They let the story stand for at least an hour, and they let me fire off a group email quoting the interview and providing a link, and then they edited it!!

Now, we "truthers" will look stupid to the uninformed we are trying to reach!!

I created an email to the people I have been trying to reach, and now when they follow the link, they will see a work of fiction!

ALEX JONES IS A PLANT!! THIS PROVES HIS TRUE MOTIVE OF DISINFORMATION!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I noticed the little line at the bottom of the interview and came straight on here to talk about it, luckly i checked other threads to see if it had been noticed.

Sorry, but over the years my respect for alex jones has declined quite significantly. He started of trying to warn and spread the word to people which was great, and after that he realised he needed some funds to produce his DVDs, which is also fine, but now he seems to be making money for profit and getting greedy with it. His making money from us being done over by governments.

They hype that his created for this is mearly just to get the hits up on his site, ive noticed alot of people now are turning away from infowars to get their information from sites such as these to get a more debaited conclusion of events, instead of just one sided or fear monged.

Alex started as a good guy, but now he's no more than a businesman.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Wow,,,charlie sheen hey...

my respect for him just shot up through the roof!

Edit to add --->>

Hasn't happened,,,,yet ?? whats that supposed to mean ?

What an idiot

[edit on 8-9-2009 by SkitzoFrenic]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
And Alex Jones calls Glenn Beck a neocon?

Look in the mirror Alex.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
thank you, SkepticOverlord, for adding that to my OP... i now think that the fact that this is a hoax is more important than that "interview" itself!!

...kinda tells you a little something about Alex Jones and his site, doesn't it?...

i'm really curious about what he has to say about this on today's show...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The disclaimer definitely wasn't there when I read the "interview". Why would it get posted without a disclaimer in the first place? Does Alex Jones know the fierce tenacity of his own listeners/readers? He had to have known that this would spread like wildfire! What an idiot. Let's see what his show today actually presents.

Maybe news that Obama has a agreed to an interview in the future? Somehow I doubt it....

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I never liked Alex Jones because of his annoying voice, his constant exaggeration of subjects, and his constant spreading of panic and fear type information. So I always avoided anything he has said and done...

This "interview" caught my attention, so I read the entire thing, only to find out it is completely fabricated, fake, made up, false, didn't happen. ALL a lie.

Alex Jones has officially been discredited in my book.

This is proof that he is more concerned about marketing and getting an audience than he is about finding and presenting truth.

How could one searching for the truth have the balls to create lies?

This type of marketing tactic is really suspicious. You should NOT lie to people to get them to read something. What the heck was he thinking??

Makes you wonder about all the other lies he's told to get people to read his b.s.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by 0neKnows]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I can't believe this is fake
i'm so....... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh right now

Alex Jones is a complete fool
Just goes to show you

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I wasn't aware that truthers had been informed of what really happened. I guess they left me out of the loop because I said I am not a truther and hate being called that. Well, if you still have it in your heart to inform me of what really happened, lets have it...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Can't believe i read all that *beep* only to get to the bottom and read that it never actually happened.

What a joke!

It's a creative open letter to Obama; Charlie Sheen really did write it. I found that Charlie Sheen had many good points.

My favourites:
(1)

What is the meaning behind the following quote attributed to Dick Cheney which came to light during the 9/11 Commission hearings? The passage is taken from testimony given by then Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta.

During the time that the airplane was coming in to the Pentagon, there was a young man who would come in and say to the Vice President, “The plane is 50 miles out.” “The plane is 30 miles out.” And when it got down to “the plane is 10 miles out,” the young man also said to the Vice President, “Do the orders still stand?” And the Vice President turned and whipped his neck around and said, “Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?”

As the plane was not shot down, in addition to the fact that armed fighter jets were nowhere near the plane and the Pentagon defensive system was not activated, are we to take it that the orders were to let the plane find its target?

(2)

In early 2008, Pulitzer prize winning journalist Seymour Hersh and MSNBC, both reported that Cheney had proposed to the Pentagon an outrageous plan to have the U.S. Navy create fake Iranian patrol boats, to be manned by Navy Seals, who would then stage an attack on US destroyers in the Strait of Hormuz. This event was to be blamed on Iran and used as a pretext for war. Does any of this information worry you Mr. President?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Over on www.infowars.com... they are censoring all the posts to the site.

I have had 8 posts removed. I will not be visiting their site again. CENSORSHIP FOR FREEDOM!

I suppose they will get a lot of traffic to their site etc... Sell a lot of DVD's to help bring the New World Order down LOL... I am sorry, I can not keep from laughing any longer...

What a con-artist...

To publish FICTION as FACT is a bad thing.

Now they have no credibility left.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by scott3x

I understand that but I don't see why he couldn't have written it as a letter and not a fake interview? Especially assuming Obama's physical reactions like nodding, pulling away his handshake, etc. It makes Obama look ridiculous, too, and that's not exactly fair to assume he would have been so rude like 'You have 19 minutes left.' Etc.

Really unfair, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This would be a really great opportunity to use this whole episode as a 'teachable moment'. Perhaps some folks that made posts that jumped to conclusions without vetting the information can take a long look in the mirror. This kind of thing is going on WAY too often on ATS these days and it has to stop. We NEED to be above this. Let's make each other a promise that going forward we'll check our facts and vet our source info (and the people originating it) before treating it as fact.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

I wasn't aware that truthers had been informed of what really happened. I guess they left me out of the loop because I said I am not a truther and hate being called that. Well, if you still have it in your heart to inform me of what really happened, lets have it...

Well that's why I put it in quotes, lol! I don't like being called a "truther" either, but I do think the official story is complete bunk, and that the truth needs to be sought! I also think there is a vast amount of credible information that needs to be shared with people who typically just take the news at face value and never ask any questions.

I try to share "alternative" news with the people around me, but I get very very irritated when something blows back up in my face. This Alex Jones stunt, and the fact that they are now editing out people's negative comments is a huge blow to people that use logic and facts to spread the "truth"!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Alex Jones has and will do anything to gain traffic to his sites, what did you all really expect this time?

He is an effective master of viral marketing, this time I am sure he and Sheen on a good drunk had a really good laugh at all of you.

By now he is already working on his next viral marketing scam, and again, so many of you will fall for that as well.

Too funny!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

This would be true if the original post was not 'edited' after the fact. It was available for 90mins+ before the edit saying that the interview had not happened yet was put on.

When people posted this fact to the forums their posts were deleted.

They have cleaned up almost all the angry posts now. It makes me sick to think of it. Censorship on a site for freedom.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't think this was an intentional hoax, he has nothing to gain from that. It was just poor judgement not putting that disclaimer at the top from the beginning.

It's possible they didn't understand the level of anticipation. I don't know, but the man has done a lot of good, much more good than bad. He deserves the benefit of the doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join