It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be better if you weren't born?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You've almost made it if you only have a few months if that makes sense, your life is probably easier in other ways than it is to live a full life but of course you are going to be in massive pain but its for a reason.

Sagacious

when do you ever hear of africans who are starving committing suicide or asking to die? Think about that one.

I honestly know a lot of africans, but they hyphenate american into it, so I don't know any africans.

I don't, I may need to read into it, but I think most would be very religious no?

Sagacious question on your part to!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

and do we not"pull the plug" on brain dead patients at the family wishes???
technically they are alive???right

I still wonder about this, I signed a DNR, so my dad could die, on his 13th cardiac arrest, telling doctors not to revive, because the pain would be to much, and it was inevitable, it was tough, but, I still feel sad over it, but feel it was the 'ethical' thing to do.

He was brain dead (kind of ) , but could feel pain if that makes sense, it barely did to me, it was post heart surgery.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by XXXN3O

You've almost made it if you only have a few months if that makes sense, your life is probably easier in other ways than it is to live a full life but of course you are going to be in massive pain but its for a reason.

Sagacious

when do you ever hear of africans who are starving committing suicide or asking to die? Think about that one.

I honestly know a lot of africans, but they hyphenate american into it, so I don't know any africans.

I don't, I may need to read into it, but I think most would be very religious no?

Sagacious question on your part to!

I do not know any Africans either, my point was that in poverty stricken places, why do these people keep going?

They might not know it but they are winning if you understand what I have said.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The first person I thought of when I read this post was Christopher Reeve. I think many many people would have given up on life whereas Reeve battled on to survive and regain his Natural State of health.

I guess everyone would think differently about this decision. My father always said to me throughout growing up when there was news of a suicide on the Tv, "what a shame, life is beautiful".

But i guess it could very different if you are suffering greatly. I think its inbuilt into human nature to fight to survive, and maybe when people want to give up, its supposed to be that way, who knows.

Its a hard one to call, but i think someone who has battled to survive or get there health back , but cant, should have the right to end it. End the suffering.

Some suicides are a crying shame. Young people with families who just couldnt handle, in some cases, minor problems. They could have had a great life, but its gone in an instant and the family has to live with this burden for the rest of their lives.

ok, thats my little rant over on this for now!!

g.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I truly do not wish to be judged on what/who I consider our creator is as it has been discussed on this site in very great depth but I will say that it isn't who some call the "Messiah" or "Yahweh".

Regarding how you face your 5 things is soley up to you without judgement. I can speak for myself and although I truly do not wish to suffer any lingering pain of illness or honestly any kind I do understand that I might and am not afraid to do so now as I do not wish to have to relive life on earth again lol... So regardless of how I die I am prepared to face it as painful and no matter how much I suffer, it's in hopes that I don't have to return. I hope that makes scenes.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Some suicides are a crying shame. Young people with families who just couldnt handle, in some cases, minor problems. They could have had a great life, but its gone in an instant and the family has to live with this burden for the rest of their lives.

So true and sobering. I think everyone in the world should be on the look out for folks lost in this manner. Take time to spend some energy towards giving the suicidal person a glimpse of hope.

Unfortunately, many cases are impossible to notice until after the horrible event.

I dunno, if you have some "love for life to spare" I think its a good quest to reach out and help others to find the same.

With a little funding, effort, help and action, you would be surprised how many people you can help.

The best part is, they usually appreciate it more then they can ever explain, and they tend to start doing the same for others around them who suffer much the same.

Just my view on that sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Oh! And S&F for the OP!

2nd line punk!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

I hope when I die, that it's painless, and just in a blaze of glory, so to speak.

as george carlin, said, A two minute warning, You get up on stage, and Say if I am wrong, May god strike me down! Then your two minutes are up, and everyone is in awe! lol

I just would rather know when I was going to die, then not know.

P.S for anyone worrying, I'm not suicidal.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm gunna say this and be called a fool (openly or secretly, or both).

I have no data presenting me with definite proof that I am ever going to die.

ok...laugh...I'm used to it.

But just you know, I have no proof telling me that I am heading towards a positive death.

Sure, there is this very accepted rumor that I shall die someday (you heard me, rumor!).

But you will never hear me say "when I die"

I blatantly leave it at "if I ever die".

And you can quote me on that jazz right there.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

As a cliche, I plan on living forever.... so far so good!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I'm gunna say this and be called a fool (openly or secretly, or both).

I have no data presenting me with definite proof that I am ever going to die.

ok...laugh...I'm used to it.

But just you know, I have no proof telling me that I am heading towards a positive death.

Sure, there is this very accepted rumor that I shall die someday (you heard me, rumor!).

But you will never hear me say "when I die"

And you can quote me on that jazz right there.

Im gonna quote you on that Jazz chief....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think that you - we - were lucky to be born.

What about the aborted children?

I think we just have to try and hack it - hard tho it is.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
I think that you - we - were lucky to be born.

What about the aborted children?

I think we just have to try and hack it - hard tho it is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did a special thread on that, if you'd wish to see

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Hey, Repub, yes I will look at that - star and flag.

So, second line - hurray for you.

And so, third line - great!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Hey, Repub, yes I will look at that - star and flag.

So, second line - hurray for you.

And so, third line - great!

I brought the point up of

Better yet, think of the neighbors daughter who died at 11 years old in a car crash. Think of the millions and millions of children that were granted life, only to be taken away by killers, the ones tortured to death, the woman who microwaved her baby to death.

and others, and it's pretty heart wrenching, and provocative. But gives life a few more meanings then our own meanderings, and useless biccuring.

Our life may not be much, but it's more then what the majority was denied.

Although some have a 'special case' I suppose. There is a gray area.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hey X,

I salute your life! Live, my friend, and be happy.

3rd line - I salute you!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Okay, there is a lot of crap in this world.

How could anyone abuse anyone?

I just do not understand that. Especially abusing one of your own.

I also do not understand how the rich nations leave people to starve - it does not need to happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Okay, there is a lot of crap in this world.

How could anyone abuse anyone?

I just do not understand that. Especially abusing one of your own.

I also do not understand how the rich nations leave people to starve - it does not need to happen.

Welcome to my constant world.

Where NASA can't 'afford' to look for earth destroying asteroids, where nations are left to die, for lack of money!

It's to me like saying, because we lack an imaginary item, people will die, and possibly all of us will die, for a lack of an imaginatory item!

Well #!

I can name quite a few people who would die for the world, with no pay required, including me, and even those who'd die for their own country, nonetheless the world!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You know what? We are gifted by having a life, and we have to try and figure out what to do with that life - and that is hard.

And we have to try and love others - that is hard too.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

Hey X,

I salute your life! Live, my friend, and be happy.

3rd line - I salute you!

Thats probably one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.

Thank you.

Heres a nice thing for you to try, the next morning you find, get up early at sunrise, pull the curtains back and sit yourself down with a bowl of food that you enjoy, watch the sunrise and eat you breakfast while listening to this...

Honestly, theres is so much in this world it would fill your eyes with tears of joy if people opened them once in a while.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join