It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be better if you weren't born?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I've started to dip into Euthanasia, and find it very complicated.

Dr. Jack Kevorkian, has done his first live interview with Fox News, which was disgusting to watch as Cavuto interviewed him, with spikes on the road, and off topic replies when trapped.

Now it's controversial, and when Kevorkian was asked, if he'd of wish to never been born, he replied with, well do you think an Iraqi wishes he had never been born.

And well, I think alot of ATS-ers, have said, that we're all slaves, and have the defeatist attitude, of it's all crap, and we're all screwed, attitude.

If you could, of had the option, just out of nowhere appeared, and had an idea of life, and they asked you whoever they are, do you want to be born? What would you say?

If someone has bone cancer, and 6 months to live, in agonizing pain, should they have the option of a quicker death?

If religion wasn't around at all, and we were all atheist, or agnostics, living alright together, would it be such a controversy?

If you were born in Zimbabwe, do you think that life, would of been worth living?

A very, small and few of us, have actually done anything in their lives, worth anything in the future, and the vast majority of everyone else, does nothing but, well be couch potatoes.

I'd just like to hear opinions, I know for me at least, that If I was dying a painful death, i'd want to go out early, and my family wouldn't want me to, but I don't think suffering and agony for their memories would be good for either of us.

I'll post the video in the first response. There is also going to be a new movie about Kevorkian who is played by the famous Al Pacino.

The interview is full of incite and controversy, and a good watch.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This idea that we are all supposed to be grateful for the life that we have and that all life is precious is sooo ingrained into each and every one of us that we no longer question it. On top of all of that conditioning, we all have a built in fail safe program which makes us resist physical death.

I for one have manually over ridden the program and the mental conditioning/brainwashing and can comfortably say....I wish I were never born. If this is what I am supposed to be sooo grateful for then take this life of mine and shove it up your ass. I refuse to be grateful for something I never wanted nor asked for.!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

Probably the first post you've made on one of my threads, that I liked, and was, kind,

It is a bit, anger inciting for given something you never asked for, then living it on someone else's terms, I never wanted to be a slave, and for some death doesn't end your slavery.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Dear Republican08

What a lot of nambypanbys we are becoming.

I am surrounded by over 80 children who are living with HIV and guess what they are happy they don’t want to die. They are happy with the chance of life that a very great man has given them.

We whine and bitch because the car is broke and we don’t have the cash to get it repaired so I say ******* walk. You have feet.

Look around there are those who are dieing and have nothing and they want to live.

Stop bitching and get on with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
You are only a slave if you wear the chains they try to force you into.

If I was not born, I guess I wouldn't know if things were any different. But I can tell you I am overly thankful, if not proud, to exist. Look at all the matter and energy that is not given the chance to reflect or wonder.

As for anyone wishing they were not born, well then I guess they are screwed.

But I wouldn't be so quick as to describe that "unwanting" feeling as anything more then typical teenage angst. After all, "most" adolescents go through that phase at one time or another. I'd say its possibly an echo of frustration or rebellion.

I know that I once said similar things when I was a little whippersnapper myself.

Put death in your face and see if you run to survive or beg for it to happen.

If you really were so upset about being alive and fed on planet earth- what is stopping you from fixing the problem?

Really now...how lazy can one be metaphysically? You didn't ask for life, and your not seeking death. Jeeze...why not just stagnate in a perpetual state of "emo" and shake your first at the sky, change your online name to an anti-jesus title, and tell the world you got a raw deal in being forced to exist without your pre-birth permission.

Lol...man, lighten up. Living is a quest for those brave enough to accept it.

All aside, I really hope all these trendy "dark souls" get off their comfortable thrones of death-worship, and find a way to embrace the marvel that is "being alive".

It could be worse...you could be terribly concerned with who wins American Idol.

Screw it...I'm gunna throw this out to you anyways-

I CARE IF YOU CARE AND HOPE YOU FIND MEANING IN BEING!

Peace.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I am surrounded by over 80 children who are living with HIV and guess what they are happy they don’t want to die. They are happy with the chance of life that a very great man has given them.

I'm going to forgo you're ridicule I guess, and ask what work you do! Is it the Peace Corp??? I've always wanted to join!

It's not me personally, just a thought.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Dear Republican08

This is where I work as a volunteer www.camillian-rayong.org...

I am not in anyway religious.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
"and they asked you , whoever they are, do you want to be born?"
that part is great. you have a life-centered concept at the core of your thread about euthanasia

my answer is that when the clock says 420 like mine does then it's time for celebrating life.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear Republican08

This is where I work as a volunteer www.camillian-rayong.org...

I am not in anyway religious.

Thank you for adding you're not religious it actually helped a bit.

I would love to work in that scenario, really love it, although my hands are tied until April 2010, so hopefully then I'll choose one of two options, I love both options though.

Glad to see members on here, doing a great cause!

Any stories you wish to share? No pressure though.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Dear Republican08

Yes here is a good story a lot of the others are too sad.

Still with us in her last year of collage we have the oldest living person in the whole of Asia bourn with HIV and she has just celebrated her 22nd birthday last month.

In October she has been invited to go and visit a foundation in Canada that is starting to send us so cash to care for the children.

In April next year she has been invited to the UK to spend a few months there wiping her English into shape. She hopefully has a future as am ambassador for our center.

Anyone who wishes to help we have a paypal account now and every few bucks helps.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Dear Republican08

Yes here is a good story a lot of the others are too sad.

Still with us in her last year of collage we have the oldest living person in the whole of Asia bourn with HIV and she has just celebrated her 22nd birthday last month.

In October she has been invited to go and visit a foundation in Canada that is starting to send us so cash to care for the children.

In April next year she has been invited to the UK to spend a few months there wiping her English into shape. She hopefully has a future as am ambassador for our center.

Anyone who wishes to help we have a paypal account now and every few bucks helps.

I'll try to help if I can, and read into it alot more of course.

She's the oldest, in all honesty, how much time would you assume she had left?

What is 'her' view of her life? If you know.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I think that life is definately worth living if you have that opportunity.

I can only say trust me on this because I cannot prove it but I have lived it...

If someone were to shoot you in the stomach and you live through the pain, if you get through it and hang on you will eventually see that the person who harmed you will get there reckoning if they do not change. If they do change there ways you might find yourself facing them one day with a gun, thats when its you that needed to change.

Life is a lesson, its painful, it feels great at times, it feels like your backed into a corner for a massive reason and a very simple one because you are.

This life is not about enjoyment, its about learning and learning is very difficult even for the people we all think are somehow better than ourselves.

When it comes to euthanasia I think that the religious tags the media gives it is nothing more than propoganda. At the end of the day how can any other human being judge you to be fit for death when they themselves are not perfect and prone to mistakes.
Even at a genetic level we are imperfect, we cannot create anything perfect so what makes anyone think they are good enough to judge someones death?

If you are in pain, call this harsh but everyone is here facing the tests they face for a reason. Its simply not meant to be easy.

Hope that makes sense and ill take my cards, I know that one day I will very likely die of cancer but ill take it and I might get hit by a bus today. Death means nothing to me personally though except release from my punishment.

Arent we all just waiting after all??

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Dear Republican08

No one knows how long they can live with HIV, it has not been around long enough and the drugs are getting better year by year.

She has just been at the center here today and she is well healthy and looking good.

She wants to help the younger ones this a place where the older one take care of the young ones help them take there meds etc,. The older ones do not bully the smaller ones and they are for sure happy to be alive.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Dear Republican08

No one knows how long they can live with HIV, it has not been around long enough and the drugs are getting better year by year.

She has just been at the center here today and she is well healthy and looking good.

She wants to help the younger ones this a place where the older one take care of the young ones help them take there meds etc,. The older ones do not bully the smaller ones and they are for sure happy to be alive.

So her future is 'bright' so to speak, well that's fantastic no?!

I know one day, that HIV and AIDs will be a thing of the past, I just wish I was around to see that day, but I suppose the same could be said for past generations wishing they saw the day that our medicine was around.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

At the end of the day how can any other human being judge you to be fit for death when they themselves are not perfect and prone to mistakes.

I just picked this part out, if your reading this, feel gracious to read the full post of Mr. Neo

Its great

But I just wanted to section this part out.

That it's not the judging of others I really wanted to focus on, although a part, but what if 'you' thought you were ready to die, and that, this should be the end? Should that be denounced by others. What if you're suffering and facing an immenant death in only a few months, with no relief of pain, just knowing you're going to die.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
"Republican08" This is an awesome thread S&F for your attempt to get to a very important self question that most are affraid to admit or even face while others jump at the oppertunity to say openly I would rather have not been born.

Because you laied it out so very well in your OP and others like "MAC269" "Jesus H Christ" "XXXN3O" have said a lot of what I agree with I'll keep my answer as short as possible.

Life hasn't been easy, I have often wondered what my place in the world truly was, I often felt things appeared so bleak but I continued to move along.

I woke up a few years back and have discovered truths that I really didn't want to except but since realizing that the truth honestly set me free from my slavery chains I've understood that no matter how much pain, illness, riches or even suffering I will have to endure I now know that this is truly what it is the price and the ticket to getting to our creator. No fear, taking the sufferig out of our life doesn't teach us to defeat fear so we'll have to redo it all over again and again until we resist fear and face it head on.

And no I am not religious, I am a realist & spiritual being.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb
I woke up a few years back and have discovered truths that I really didn't want to except but since realizing that the truth honestly set me free from my slavery chains I've understood that no matter how much pain, illness, riches or even suffering I will have to endure I now know that this is truly what it is the price and the ticket to getting to our creator. No fear, taking the suffering out of our life doesn't teach us to defeat fear so we'll have to redo it all over again and again until we resist fear and face it head on.

And no I am not religious, I am a realist & spiritual being.

I feel the same way, I know that, in the 'near' future, one of five things, well I suppose at least five things, are going to off me, 2/5 are going to be the ones I would gladly call for euthanasia!!!

The rest I could settle out peacefully with.

If, you're not religious, then what, 'creator' do you speak of? Just curious, since you added that in there? As a spiritual person, semantically saying that you don't follow the religions in effect today, what is it then, no ridicule coming your way, I promise!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Personally if someone wants to die and this is my own answer which might not be to everyones tastes.

If someone wants to die they are not understanding what life is but in saying that if they are really wanting it then who am I to tell them no?

Think about it though, in anything in life that takes effort there is a common theme, pain. You face the biggest amount of pain just before you make it, why give up?

You've almost made it if you only have a few months if that makes sense, your life is probably easier in other ways than it is to live a full life but of course you are going to be in massive pain but its for a reason.

If anyone finds that offensive or controversial I dont think they are understanding my point and would say re-read my posts.

PS when do you ever hear of africans who are starving committing suicide or asking to die? Think about that one.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
i think you should be able to kill yourself,,, especially in the case of quality of life cases,,,, debilitating illness etc.

i can certainly jump of a bridge if i wanted,,,,, but a guy in a hosptial bed ridden can't as he suffers..... that must suck and must be horrible to endure

i just don't get it,,,,, we all are gonna die right???? so why can't i choose to die a little early to alleviate my suffering if that be the case

we euthanize our cats and dogs out of compasiion,,, yet doing that to gramma will send us to jail----just doesn't make sense

we just killed 2 million chicks because they hold no value(supposedly) yet grampop at 90 must suffer to his last day????
idiotic if you ask me

they're should be a state panel with a 5 person board of medical professionals who do a thorough evaluation and can ok a "assisted suicide"

although it will get sticky when a person is "Not of sound mind" or unconscious, unresponsive etc.

and do we not"pull the plug" on brain dead patients at the family wishes???
technically they are alive???right

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join