It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Is Not Great

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

This is where I believe I am in my journey. I've had a quick awakening, run the gamut of emotions about it, got a grip on it, now I have begun the task of letting the illusion fall away... which is tough while I'm still expected to live amongst it.

I look forward to your next post after you get some rest!

yes this is what I have been led on my journey too.

LOL now I feel pressure that you look forward to my post on this...no only joking but it is interesting you also have come to this conclusion. I was shown a vision that totally confirmed this for me . It took a while to work out what I had seen but it was all about the black/white of duality falling away.

Do you see visuals in answer to your inner questions at all? Its odd because they just appear in meditation when you are not expecting them .

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread but thought it answered this question as to why God allows "dark" into his creation....

The Source had to create what it was not also in order to actually experience what it is. (we can only see what we truely are in the presence of what we are not) So at the point of duality being created (big bang) the dark was created, but it was still created from the Source. At all times the dark still remains part of the One, but it is a creation of what the Source is not.

We are the light within the presence of the dark in order that we may experience and remember we are of the light. Total free will has been given to manifest what ever we wish in order we experience what we truely are. Throughout this experience (many lives/reincarnation some good some bad) the Source is constantly with us, it never leaves us and is unconditional in its love. It forever guides us with love and never fear to always choose the way of the light. Everytime we choose the light the Source experiences itself through us.

The source created us in order to experience itself but we had to be given free will in order to fully experience . Whats the point of putting down rules of what we can and cant do in our incarnations, this does not allow us to experience what we are not.

There is no good or bad or dark or light in the classic sense , All is one and whatever happens in this life it all helps in the remembering of who we are and where we have come from.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Yes, I do see the visions or little plays in meditation, and they do pop up unexpectedly! If I am going through a phase where meditation is difficult, I'll just ask. It can take a while, but I'll get a phrase, or an undeniable feeling about my question. Back in the beginning of the year, I had a pressing issue I needed an answer to. Almost immediately after I had asked my question, I was walking on the sidewallk, only to glance over for a moment on a car bumper to see the bumper sticker, "Don't Do It" So I didn't. But a month later I got the go ahead that the time was right... and it sure as heck was, spot on perfect timing.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknessFollows

'be still, and know that i am god'

how sad yet typical that your very religious upbringing has rendered you deaf to what god is

'before abraham was, i am'

"be still" : no chatter, not even any thought ! No movement, no agitation : unity.

"i am" isnt "God the Almighty Father", it is the one, everything that is, including us. Can't be named obviously as a name is already a separation and a limitation. And please, cant be gendered. It is just "what is". Or "who" is considering it would be contradictory to ascribe an object attribute to everything and a subject one to us.

"before abraham was, i am"

this means there is no time in the formless reality. (and form, yes is an illusion)
and we can have that awareness, more than that we do have it, we just need to still the chatter to be consciously aware of it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by DaMod

Nevermind, It was a prophesy. I was wrong. It is still quite interesting. Here let me post some info.

Baha'u'llah, the founder of Baha'i Faith, does not just fulfill the Buddhist prophecies. He is also Promised One of Jews "the expected Messiah", for Christians and Muslims the awaited return of Christ, for the Zoroastrians (Parsees) the Saoshyant, for the Hindus the Kalki Avatar, as well as being for Buddhists the Metteyya Buddha.

The prophecy of the Lord Buddha that the teaching of Metteyya Buddha will be much more extensive than his own is already being fulfilled through the Baha'i Faith, already a worldwide religion with communities in every part of the planet consisting of all the races and nations of humanity.

Baha'is recognize Baha'u'llah "as the Judge, the Lawgiver and Redeemer of all mankind, as the Organizer of the entire planet, as the Unifier of the children of men, as the Inaugurator of the long-awaited millennium, as the Originator of a new "Universal Cycle," as the Establisher of the Most Great Peace, as the Fountain of the Most Great Justice, as the Proclaimer of the coming of age of the entire human race, as the Creator of a new World Order, and as the Inspirer and Founder of a world civilization.

To Israel He was neither more nor less than the incarnation of the "Everlasting Father," the "Lord of Hosts" come down "with ten thousands of saints"; to Christendom Christ returned "in the glory of the Father," to Shi'ah Islam the return of the Imam Husayn; to Sunni Islam the descent of the "Spirit of God" (Jesus Christ); to the Zoroastrians the promised Shah-Bahram; to the Hindus the reincarnation of Krishna; to the Buddhists the fifth Buddha...

Source

[edit on 10-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Quintal wrote:

how sad yet typical that your very religious upbringing has rendered you deaf to what god is

Why is that typical?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I appreciate everyone's writing here on this thread. There are some very interesting ideas.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join