It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Is Not Great

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

I am just wondering whether or not you are duck-billed, platipus. Definitions cannot be reasons simultaneously is what you are saying and that doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
Not believing in God in my opinion means you don't believe in your SELF.

Very ironic considering that I always tell people to start believing in themselves instead of religion. Because to me, religion is a set of rules to follow. If you have faith in yourself and think you are making the world a better place simply by helping people, you really dont need any special life rules set up for you. Listening to your inner voice is enough.

I find that following systems like religion or politics only limits your point of view and often leads to the "us vs them" mentality.

I think religion can be very good for giving people a sense of meaning though. I confess that I often feel our lives have no real point. But im not about to join a religion because of it.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

So I'm bashing god? If you know him/her/it personally then by all means arrange an introduction for me and god to meet. I wonder how you could think that I am rebelling towards god. you must have first hand knowledge from this "god". he's obviously telling you that I am bashing him.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

you get some of my underlying themes from this piece. I appreciate that. you keep asking and feeling and thinking. such things are the beauty of being alive.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

yes , the inner voice. that's it . self reliance in a henry david thoreau-esque form.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I wish the atheists would just f-off with their insults to believers, they just don't understand, and that's fine, but they ought to take their anti-God crap and go away. What's it to them what other people have discovered, experienced or know. Yes, it's getting rather tiring, the God-bashing nonsense.

I wonder how it is that christians shouldn't be insulted, but atheists and satanists and pagans can be insulted constantly. I for one am sick and tired of listening to how there is only one god, how wonderful he is and how happy happy happy we all will be if we simply will accept him as our god and leader. There are several indications even in the bible that god is not as omnipotent as he would like us to think he is. But then again, the bible means absolutely nothing to me, so I for one don't care. But if you want respect for your religion, be so kind as to return the favor. And this is not said to one person in particular, but to christians in general. Thank you for humouring an offended satanist.

God is beautiful and wonderful! The God-bashers just don't get it. I don't understand the rebellion towards God. God is always there, in times of need, and at the very lowest points of your life. It's not about proof, it's about spirituality. I have a spiritual relationship with God. I can speak and pray to him about anything. How totally empty your lives must be. This God-bashing stuff is so stupid and mindless. It's totally time-wasting, and is destroying the board, IMO.

No, we don't get it. At least I don't get it. I used to be brainwashed too, brought up as an evangelistic christian. I too have walked that path for quite some time, much too long.
You can have your god, that is fine with me. I am just so relieved I got rid of him. You can keep him.
Topicstarter is right: god is NOT great.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Not believing in God in my opinion means you don't believe in your SELF.

Very ironic considering that I always tell people to start believing in themselves instead of religion. Because to me, religion is a set of rules to follow. If you have faith in yourself and think you are making the world a better place simply by helping people, you really dont need any special life rules set up for you. Listening to your inner voice is enough.

Exactly! By following my inner voice I was able to wake up spiritually to all that exists in these awesome universes. Religions were creations by man to obtain control of the masses. Look what the 'christians' did to the Pagans.

Think for your self, meditate, quiet all of the outer chatter, in this place you will find all the answers you need to know.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

blujay I am enjoying your posts very much . It was only recently you were discussing the symptoms of awakening and now you are experiencing your awakening.

You post now of how the source created duality in order to experience itself and how we all must look inwards.

Think for your self, meditate, quiet all of the outer chatter, in this place you will find all the answers you need to know.

These words are important...THINK FOR YOURSELF! For too long now we have been afraid to do this, to actually think for ourselves instead taking the word of others. Others who we are allowing the decide the very nature of who and what we are. WHY do we allow this? Only we have our answers no body else. We blindly follow others because its easier, we dont have to think, the responsability then lies with them if it turns out wrong...we need to take full responsability for our own thoughts and our own spirits destiny.

all we need is within

what could be greater than being the true master of your own destiny? Its a very big thing to just give to others to decide for you dont you think!

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

The God of the Bible may not be the prime creator of the whole universe. Its conceivable he's a sub God. He just said, I am that I am. FAITH is how we believe in God. Not reason. However things dont just happen with out a CAUSE. I personally see the God of the bible as a selfish God. I believe prime creator God is not selfish but pure light and love. If there are 12 trillion or so universes out there perhaps there really are sub Gods.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

My last post was me thinking for myself as you suggested.
second line.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
reply to post by Blueangel7

Perhaps you can tell that to the millions of starving kids. Or perhaps to the other ones that died themselves or murdered their children in gods name or the ones that did not seek medical attention for themselves or their kids because prayer will fix everything? Ask and ye shall receive right?

If you bought your teen a car and he proceeded to trash it with fast food bags and other garbage, then he wrecked it one night while driving driving drunk how would you feel if he then turned right around and blamed you for his mess? How would you feel if he said that it was your responsibility to fix the car and clean it up to make it look like new?

Most of the world's problems are created by people and are fixable by people. It is wrong to blame G-D for the mess we've made.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A Fortiori as usual is right on the money. We have free will so we must be allowed to make our own decisions. You can't blame God for a free mans actions and decisions.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
A Fortiori as usual is right on the money. We have free will so we must be allowed to make our own decisions. You can't blame God for a free mans actions and decisions.

People dont want responsibility for their actions. Thats why we have politicians, military and many other organizations to do the job for us. Have you read "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars"? No matter how disturbing its content is, they are actually right about the nature of human beings in that regard.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Kinglizard wrote:

You can't blame God for a free mans actions and decisions.

And why not? Isn't god the one who created man, according to the bible? The biblical god is omnipotent, right? Doesn this mean he knew forehand that man would really screw up, and become sinners? Since he knew all this in advance, and still continued to create man, why shouldn't he be blamed for it?

[edit on 5-9-2009 by DarknessFollows]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknessFollows

Yes, I believe he knows all that is possible and what will happen with every decision we make.

No, you can't blame God for our decisions.

[edit on 9/5/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice

If there are 12 trillion or so universes out there perhaps there really are sub Gods.

This is a very good question to come out of looking within and thinking for ourselves.

I too have had the odd thought about exactly this, that there is one prime creator (the one light) and then sub creators who emerged from the consciousness of duality. It is entirely possible and something that can not be just ruled out of hand. Yet as we say this we will be labelled of the dark by many , but this is just others wishing to control inner thoughts and the development of awarness.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

What if we forgot about the bible altogether for a time. Try to imagine what you believe without any outside input. What do YOU feel in your heart of hearts to be YOUR truth? This may be a good place to start.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Also, you obviously are unaware the Buddha said himself that Jesus was divine.

What do you mean by this? Gautama Buddha? He lived 4 centuries before Christ so I'm curious if you're referring to someone else? Your statement made me curious so I'd like a few details if possible. Who said this, what was said, when was it said, in what context, was it Jesus-specific, etc. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

What if we forgot about the bible altogether for a time. Try to imagine what you believe without any outside input. What do YOU feel in your heart of hearts to be YOUR truth? This may be a good place to start.

It is said that when you look inwards and ask, your soul will answer. It is the very FIRST feeling/voice you hear after a question. feeling is the language of the soul and if you are able to discern and "feel" your soul, hear its very first answer to you before all the chatter of the mind takes over you will hear YOUR soul giving you YOUR truths.

It works, people should try it.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Originally posted by Magantice

If there are 12 trillion or so universes out there perhaps there really are sub Gods.

This is a very good question to come out of looking within and thinking for ourselves.

I too have had the odd thought about exactly this, that there is one prime creator (the one light) and then sub creators who emerged from the consciousness of duality. It is entirely possible and something that can not be just ruled out of hand. Yet as we say this we will be labelled of the dark by many , but this is just others wishing to control inner thoughts and the development of awarness.

If we are going in this direction, what about our Sun being the logos of this system/galaxy. What if our Sun that give us life, was the sub logos of the sub logs that created this Universe? Some good food for thought, and it would make the indigenous peoples who worship the Sun, seem far less 'out there'!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join