It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents upset over 'leftist propaganda' video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I pledge myself to no human being nor to this planet. That's insane and someone needs to try a little harder to get his Hitler Complex to work.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Anthony Kiedis? For real?!

Nooooooo! [removes RHCP tracks from computer]

More on topic though... all the more reason for me to homeschool. Who knows what impressions would be made on my kids in the school environment? I would expect a teacher's personal ideology to be expressed subtly and inadvertently, but this is very blatant, and the video was supposedly chosen by parents instead of the school.

That's not education, that's indoctrination.

It reminds me though... I remember watching this at a school assembly when I was in like 2nd grade.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Actually they DID say it. at 3:16 and at 3:54

Watch it again!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Actually they DID say it. at 3:16 and at 3:54

Watch it again!

I heard anthony Kedis pledge to be of service to Barack. The only ones who pledged as servants to Barack were Demi and Ashton, and really, is that a surprise?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Eek, that vid is a little creepy ...

The unfortunate thing about it is that if you remove the Obama references the message is actually worthy in my opinion. Most of what they "pledge" is simply how to be a kind and considerate human being.

But all that is kind of lost because of the above mentioned creepiness.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
The interesting thing that I noticed, after re-watching this, is that not one single person says they are pledging to the president, yet it is still, without a doubt, presented as if they were.

True propaganda, in its purest form.

What do you think they said in the end?

you watched it twice and didn't hear it?
I heard it on first watch

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The interesting thing that I noticed, after re-watching this, is that not one single person says they are pledging to the president, yet it is still, without a doubt, presented as if they were.

And yet you can hear it at the time intervals I posted. This is propaganda, and you're defending it, badly to boot.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

What do you think they said in the end?

you watched it twice and didn't hear it?
I heard it on first watch

And I did admit after the fact that demi and ashton did say it. They were the only ones.
Way to keep up.

[edit on 9/2/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

What about the tattooed guy who said he pledges himself to Barack Obama as he kisses his biceps at 3:16?

link   
What's weird about the video to me (besides the obvious Obama pledging) is that they mix in good interests with questionable interests. It endorses things everyone would agree with: being nice to neighbors, treating others with respect, being a good steward of your surroundings, etc. But then tosses in little tidbits concerning controversial issues. To me it appears to be a way where they make young minds believe supporting left-wing political issues is the same as walking little old ladies across the street.

I also love how they use young, hip celebrities that the youth would associate with and want to imitate.

[edit on 9/2/2009 by AshleyD]

link   

And yet you can hear it at the time intervals I posted. This is propaganda, and you're defending it, badly to boot.

Wrong. Have you read my posts? I'm guessing not. I referenced both time intervals you stated. Only one does it say they pledge as servants to Barack.

And I am not defending it, [snip]. I was one of the first in this thread to say how disgusting it was. I am simply pointing out that this is propaganda in its purest form, because they are using speech out of context to try and get it to mean something else.

Sheesh, when did everyone on here lose the ability to comprehend?

Removed personal attack

[edit on 3/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

What about the tattooed guy who said he pledges himself to Barack Obama as he kisses his biceps at 3:16?

That is Anthony Kedis. He pledges service, not as a servant.

I already touched on this.

[edit on 9/2/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Oh yeah, name calling that's the way to go right there.
Doesn't do much good for your point of view.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Oh yeah, name calling that's the way to go right there.
Doesn't do much good for your point of view.

You dont even understand my point of view, so Im not too worried about it. Tell you what, do back, re-read the thread. Hopefully that will make you realize that you are accusing me of the exact opposite of what I was doing.

Unfortunately, as usual, people around here cant look beyond the surface.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I watched the whole video, my friend. There's nothing to take out of context. Pledging service to a president. Nuff for me.

I did read your posts, and I responded to you saying that no one had said anything of the like, and I corrected your statements. No need for hostility or name calling.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I watched the whole video, my friend. There's nothing to take out of context. Pledging service to a president. Nuff for me.

I did read your posts, and I responded to you saying that no one had said anything of the like, and I corrected you statements. No need for hostility or name calling.

You are saying I am defending this video. In fact, I am calling it even worse at a second glance, because it is quite possible that these celebs were asked to simply name something that they pledge to, and through the magic of video editing, come out looking like they are pledging their lives to Barrack.

Caught up yet, or do I need to dumb it down a little more?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That's quite enough of that sir.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

That's quite enough of that sir.

Quite enough nothing. You accuse me of defending this garbage, for a good 10 posts, and then want to act as though I'm out of line being offended. Sorry. Doesnt work that way.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hopefully that will make you realize that you are accusing me of the exact opposite of what I was doing.

That shouldn't be a surprise. This whole thread is accusing Obama somehow of having something to do with this video. And there's no evidence that he even knows it exists.

Unfortunately, as usual, people around here cant look beyond the surface.

Exactly.

I understood what you were saying. That this is a perfect piece of propaganda BECAUSE of its subtlety. I hear ya. Not saying I agree, but I do understand.

My position is that if Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher want to pledge themselves as a servant to the spaghetti monster, there's very little that I care less about.

Servant: : one that serves others ;

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It was one post. And you're flying off the handle for no reason. I went back to read your first post and I was wrong to assume you were defending it. But your name calling and baiting is unwarranted.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join