It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents upset over 'leftist propaganda' video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ummmm, I'm sorry but at the 3:54 mark, did that dumb broad say " I pledge to be a sevant to Barak Obama"???

We are all screwed people!!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
Ummmm, I'm sorry but at the 3:54 mark, did that dumb broad say " I pledge to be a sevant to Barak Obama"???

We are all screwed people!!!!!

Like I said earlier, does it really surprise you that Demi and Ashton are servants? I mean really, is there a better example of pop-culture driven glory hounds than those two?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I could give two squirts of piss what they think. What I worry about is all of the social retards out there that will be influenced by this crap.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ

I could give two squirts of piss what they think. What I worry about is all of the social retards out there that will be influenced by this crap.

Oh trust me, I'm with you, and it's no mistake that this is being showed to more impressionable, younger people. they will identify with the celebs more, they will look up to them, and think if they are doing it, it must be cool.

Again, just a sickening display of propaganda.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
What's weird about the video to me (besides the obvious Obama pledging) is that they mix in good interests with questionable interests. It endorses things everyone would agree with: being nice to neighbors, treating others with respect, being a good steward of your surroundings, etc. But then tosses in little tidbits concerning controversial issues. To me it appears to be a way where they make young minds believe supporting left-wing political issues is the same as walking little old ladies across the street.

I also love how they use young, hip celebrities that the youth would associate with and want to imitate.

Amazing insight and summary of one of the more nefarious aspects of this video. Thanks for brilliant articulation of the most negative aspect of this propaganda. I'd say more, but you've said it all.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wow, can people get any more stupid? Pledging service to obama? Do they think that's gonna put them higher on BO's friends list when SHTF? I copyed this part outta the Salt Lake Tribune story. They approved the video without even viewing it. idiots. And we're trusting our children with them?

"Chris Williams, Davis School District spokesman, said school principal Ofelia Wade and school PTA leaders decided to show the video as part of an assembly about the school's theme for the year, service. He said the PTA board chose the video and Wade did not see it before it was shown in the assembly.

"It got to a point where she turned to her assistant and said, 'Oops, I wish I would have seen this before. I don't think I would have shown it,' " Williams said. He said Wade could see how some adults might find the video political.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

I didn't think it was bad until the last 30 seconds. Promising to work towards community service in your own free will to help others? Well thats a good thing.

However the "I pledge myself to the service of Barak Obama and the sevice of all man kind"

That scares me to no end. This is bad, very bad, and people will follow it.

I suppose I should be saying "I pledge to save you sorry lot when you realize what this man really is."

I never buy into the whole mass genocide theories. But now, now I am starting to wonder. I truly am.

By the way, why don't these people just do it? They are all wealthy people. If they want to work to end hunger in the world, they most certainly could do a lot.

Also what was this about ending slavery? Unless that pledge involves an assault rifle, body armor, and the willing-ness to break laws, and international laws in the way you stop it, then their pledge is worthless.

There was one good scene in this video. When Mike Tyson says "I pledge to be an American, not you know, an African-American." That's a good attitude he's got.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

For the record, it was Michael Strahan, not Mike Tyson.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

?????? Did I miss something?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

My fault, I clicked the wrong "reply to". I was meant for Miraj.

Michael Strahan was the one that pledged to be american, not african american; not Mike Tyson

Edit to ask: Why on earth did someone feel the need to star your post?

[edit on 9/2/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Ah I see. I thought it was Mike Tyson because it sounded a lot like him. Thought he looked a lot smaller than usually. Come to think of it Mike Tyson has a tattoo on his face as well.

I'm guessing Michael Strahann is an athlete of sorts. He sounds like he's taken steroids. (I think that's was causes their voice to be like that.)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Ah I see. I thought it was Mike Tyson because it sounded a lot like him. Thought he looked a lot smaller than usually. Come to think of it Mike Tyson has a tattoo on his face as well.

I'm guessing Michael Strahann is an athlete of sorts. He sounds like he's taken steroids. (I think that's was causes their voice to be like that.)

Strahan is an athlete of sorts? Not to get off subject, but the man is one of the greatest passrusher the NFL has ever known. He's also bigger than tyson.

Sorry, bit of a tangent there.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

steroids = lisp?

I'd love to see a source for that!

Yikes.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

(Need a shrug smiliey) Just seen that myself. LOL. No prob 'bout the wrong post thingy.
Anyways, it's amazing how things have changed. From "The president is evil (Bush) to " I pledge myself to obama"

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ok, obviously this video is way creepy and should have never been shown in school.

Question. The principal did not watch this first. WHERE did she get this video? WHO gave it to her, and WHY? All that important info has been left out. I wanna know who was behind this.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I just noticed a lot of this big, bulky guys talk like that. I haven't really seen many people with a lisp, so it didn't come to mind.

As for Strahan. Im not into football, not my thing. I occasionally see UFC, noticed a couple guys who talk alot like Tyson. Thought it might be related to sterioids use.

My bad.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It was a good video between the blatant propaganda. Good, help the world, BUT DON'T ADVERTISE IT AS BEING A "SERVANT TO OBAMA" TO DO SO.

Powerful propaganda works which is the bad part...

[edit on 9/2/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Heir Goebbels vood be vetty Vetty Proud of dees Administration! He would be drooling on his tunic over the manipulation of the young in this country! They took his playbook and used it to the 'T'! Comrad Stalin would also like this endeavor!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I pledge to stop going to see these peoples movies. I pledge to teach my children to understand that somethings are just wrong. I pledge to fight for my freedom because it's mine and no one has the right to take it from me.

And lastly I pledge that when the SHTF I will not feel bad for those who fell for this video.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

I pledge to use only one sheet of toilet paper like Cheryl Crow.
amen

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join