It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents upset over 'leftist propaganda' video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

www.sltrib.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 9/3/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Just when I thought it couldn't get more insane, now we are pledging ourselves to Obama and the world? OMG! Is there no end to this man's messianic aspirations? I don't pledge myself to him at all, the last time I took a civics class we were told to pledge ourselves to the constitution, not to this egocentric man and the world outside our boarders! So many on the left accused the right of being insane about their devotion to George Bush, but never did I once see videos such as these being produced by Hollywood about pledging ourselves to Bush and the world. Wake up America, we are being led down a path that is strangely familiar to Germany and their fanatical devotion to a man known as Adolph.

www.sltrib.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 9/3/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
hes the anti-christ. even the devil flinches when he hears the name "obama"

this guy will dismantle anything and everything american so he can spread his "fairness" to everyone until everyone has everything the same.

you can only tax the rich for so long until the money runs out

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"The video opens with an image of President Barack Obama and part of a speech in which he says, "Let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other."

I think the quote in my signature says it all....

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well I guess the "Impeach Obama" movement now has legs. Last time I checked we had propaganda laws.

I know there are a lot of people PO'd about Obama's address to students next week. I don't blame them either. There is a difference between talking to students and asking students to help push your agenda.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I was informing some people of the "Oathkeepers" in the military and Law Enforcement, and they gave me some scary news!! I guess there is also a movement or possibly even a bill to change the Oath that our military takes. They want to replace the word Constitution with President!!

That will be the final blow if it passes! I haven't searched for its authenticity yet, I had forgotten about it until I saw this Thread. I will try to find some confirmation now.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I was informing some people of the "Oathkeepers" in the military and Law Enforcement, and they gave me some scary news!! I guess there is also a movement or possibly even a bill to change the Oath that our military takes. They want to replace the word Constitution with President!!

That will be the final blow if it passes! I haven't searched for its authenticity yet, I had forgotten about it until I saw this Thread. I will try to find some confirmation now.

I have heard this before as well, but I cannot find anything but heresay to coroborate. Do you have any other info on this?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Clearly this guy and his cabinet lost their minds years ago. One of his czars wants abortions for two year olds one wants cats and dogs and other animals to be able to sue people. Another wants to get rid of us meat eaters. One blames the evil white polluters for trying to destroy
the black man through toxic wastes of varying degrees. Combined with Green Jobs ,Radical Heathcare , and many other moronic ideas we could be looking at a new Communist super state where total stupidity would rule. The best part he wants us to pledge to him and to earth. Wow
leaving looks better every day.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Alright. I watched the first minute. I was almost sick.

It's gone waaaaay beyond "I told you so" now.

This is nazism. No other way to colour this.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

www.truthorfiction.com...

www.factcheck.org...

Found these two links calling the rumor Fiction, but this is a slightly different story than I had heard. I heard it was a Congresswoman submitting a Bill to change the Oath. I will continue to look.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Let's not leave out the National Edowment of the Arts being used by the White House to make art to advance the Obama Agenda:

Part 1

Part 2

As far as these actors pledging themselves to Obama, that's just distubring. If they want to help out their community and such then that's fine. Community service should be voluntary, unless mandted by a court. This whole thing of forcing people to do community service is just wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that the Obama Administration wants to have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President, and no longer to the Constitution.
. . .

Sources at the White House had a different point of view. In a circular distributed by White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, the rationale for the change was made more clear.

“The President feels that the military has been too indoctrinated by the old harbingers of hate: nationalism, racism, and classism. By removing an oath to the American society, the soldiers are less likely to commit atrocities like those at Abu Ghraib.”

“We expect a lot of flak over this,” ! the classified memo continues. “But those that would be most against it are those looking either for attention or control.”

patdollard.com...

Here is the original rumor that has since been called false, but I can't find any information on a Bill that would do the same thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Its a well made propaganda film, polished and using celebrities that younger people can relate to, weird with subtle messages. Imagine if this pledge was to the constitution! But no that is the one option that you are never allowed to hear.

At 2;52 a guy says intelligence not ignorance, oh the irony.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You guys? Obama had nothing to do with the making of this video or the showing of it to school students. I agree that it's inappropriate to show at school, but let's put the responsibility for that on those who did it... The school principal and PTA leaders of the school, who neglected to view it before showing it...

How you can blame this on Obama is a mystery to me.

Can you not find things he's actually doing to criticize him for? Do you need to find things other people do and blame that on him?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You guys? Obama had nothing to do with the making of this video or the showing of it to school students. I agree that it's inappropriate to show at school, but let's put the responsibility for that on those who did it... The school principal and PTA leaders of the school, who neglected to view it before showing it...

Can you not find things he's actually doing to criticize him for? Do you need to find things other people do and blame that on him?

Obama doesn't have to have a hand in it. His adoring followers will do all of it for him.

Can you say, "Cult of personality. . . .?"

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Wow, they are using his image! They are playing his speeches! The biggest stars in Hollywood are in this! Of course he knew about it...wake up and smell this coffee...its strong and powerful...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just one more thing to add to my Is History a Mirror? Thread

There is A LOT of Obama as dictator/savior of America directed toward the youth. Some of which I listed in the thread link above.

The part that pisses me off the most comes at the tail end talking about being in servitude to Obama! I hope people see through this crap.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by projectvxn]

[edit on 2-9-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The attempted indoctrination of children oh the comedy of it. Bush was bad Obama good
If obama is not to blame for this video who is? I know Bush!! Really how naive to think that he nothing to do with it. I think before the 2010 election some politicians may find themselves lynched!! And please before anyone tries to say that was racist I means most politicians!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I pledge to end slavery but be a servant to my president?

wait..... what?????????????

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The interesting thing that I noticed, after re-watching this, is that not one single person says they are pledging to the president, yet it is still, without a doubt, presented as if they were.

True propaganda, in its purest form.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join