It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What multitools do you use? (and why)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Actually that's really funny!

I just wanted some ensible comments about the topic and most people (including you) just aren't with it enough to play the game.

great.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
gerber always worked for me ,and my trusty swiss army blue ,

I would like to see some les stroud,,any on you tube?

Could he "have" Ray

My moneys on the mears...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

What on Earth for should I use any multitool?

I don't live in the bush, so I dont think I NEED one

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Les Stroud is ace.

There are a few clips on youtube.

Ray Mears is uber king of bushcraft - not everyman.

Les Stroud is everyman, doesn't mind including the footage of when he messes something upand doesn't try to be master of everything. He just tries to show survival in an everyman kind of way.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They're not just for the bush. They're called MULTI tools.

No, sorry, I'm wrong and you're right....

Probably best to carry a whole damned full size tool kit.

Why I ever thought carrying a multitool was a good idea is beyond me!

You guys have certainly showed me that....

JUST KIDDING.

Think I'll stick to my SOG powerlock.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Stanton Dowd]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

ty stanton i will have a look

I last used my multitool to change the plug on my printer lolol

not a bush printer either...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

you could always pretend you are gutting a snake ready, to cook on a stick...

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stanton Dowd
reply to post by MR BOB

Actually that's really funny!

I just wanted some ensible comments about the topic and most people (including you) just aren't with it enough to play the game.

great.

And yet I gave you a tool, the positives of it, and you cant even comment on. What exactly ARE you looking for here?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I carry the Original Leatherman. Why? it's stainless steel is flawless, it's simple and it opens faster than a butterfly knife if you can do that, it's slim, it fits in your pocket smaller than a phone.

Import thing i look for in a multi tool is the metal file--- it has to shave down metal, unlike fake ones that just glide over other metals.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Actually it did a squirrel no good 2 weeks ago.The snakes we have are protected species,and tbh a sheep would be far easier or the arable crops ,at least in the season....

"is that a lucky pendant ?"

" Not for the rabbit mate"

[edit on 2-9-2009 by gambon]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

I honestly think I would die when I would live in the wild ..... can't get it over my heart to kill something

And prob. I'd eat the wrong berries too

[edit on 9/2/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

I thought that too ...but mind over matter and all that ,I make sure i appreciate what has laid its life down....
Also this was a grey squirrel which kill our native smaller and cuter red squirells..so i was doing them a favour ...

At the end of the day if you are hungry enough you will eat ...squirrel is far nicer than rabbits eyeballs for instance..

[edit on 2-9-2009 by gambon]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Good Topic Stanton,
I started using multi-tools when in boy scouts. We didn't go anywhere without the ol' swiss army knife. I've lost so many knives over the years it's sickening. I've donated two leatherman waves to Davey Jones Locker. Damn things don't float. At $80 to $90 bucks a pop I downgraded to the one I carry now. It's a Kershaw Multi-tool, $50 or so.
My preference are the ones with the needle noes pliers due to my fishing habit. None of the Multi-tools I've owned has a wire cutter that's any good. This kershaw is kind of cool because it has a channel lock feature on it that comes in handy. I use it daily btw, and I agree plenty of phillips screw heads out there.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hi Stanton, Not sure which model I have but the only usefull features for me are:
Long blade
Short blade
pliers
wire cutters
file
phillips head and slothead scewdrivers

that's all I need!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
An excellent thread cheapened by many off topic and non-contributing posts.

I've had the same SOG multi-tool for over a decade. What I like best about it is that even to this day you can buy different tools to mount into it for a few bucks each. Even a C4 spike is available which is used to make the hole in a block of C4 to insert the detonator into. The tool is bolted together so you can field strip it, replace parts, easily modify it etc. Nothing on mine has disappointed me. Nothing has broken, rusted or worn out.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker

Good Topic Stanton,
I started using multi-tools when in boy scouts. We didn't go anywhere without the ol' swiss army knife. I've lost so many knives over the years it's sickening. I've donated two leatherman waves to Davey Jones Locker. Damn things don't float. At $80 to $90 bucks a pop I downgraded to the one I carry now. It's a Kershaw Multi-tool, $50 or so.

After I too donated a Leatherman to Davey Jones, I rigged up a little retractable cord to the belt-sheath of my new one. Its 8 feet long, meaning I have plenty of extra length(and a handle zip cord in a pinch). Ive dropped it now countless times, but it never goes anywhere now.

Cant go wrong with a Kershaw product, too, though. I carry the Kershaw Ken Onion Leak as my pocket knife. Its spring loaded so I can open in with literally two fingers, its very sturdy, and holds great edge. I also love that their products have a lifetime guarantee(although in a SHTF scenario, this really is moot)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here is a modification you don't see every day on a multi-tool.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf8134c04333.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2c192c63553.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67eef965fea8.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join