It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
No where is appropriate for adults who hate families.

They annoy and I have a right to not be judged for my parenting and annoyed by the grumpy prissy views of those who cannot use their feet and their personal self-control.

Actually, I'm annoyed by their posting. I think it is pollution on my screen. Rather than me closing my browser, I DEMAND that you remove yourselves and never speak of it it again. It is my right to not be disturbed by your anti-child rheotoic.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Doop, as usual, I entirely agree! My 3 year old now tells me, "No dada don't tell me your gonna spank me!" He knows that I will do it, and as you said, I almost never have to. I only have to whisper in his ear!

Now, as for someone else slapping a child of mine!
I am pretty sure this guy would be hanging over my mantel as a trophy! I would be at the courthouse waiting to post his bail and get him out of protective police custody! He would probably be biting guards and shivving prostitutes and begging to stay in jail where it was safe!!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Bottom line is this man put his hands on a baby/toddler(not even his child) in a cruel manner. I hope he is punished to the fullest extent for that particular crime.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theuhstuf
reply to post by Aeons

back when kids were getting whooped in schools?
never know about that? never heard the stories from your parents about how they were punished? my mom was forced to kneel on bottle caps.

My father had an undiagnosed learning disorder. The teacher would hit him with a paddle and huck an Indian rubber ball at his head.

Yep. Thems the good'ol days.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I agree. He should have slapped some sense into the mother.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

and you turned out ok?

Everything has it's reasons.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
It would be nice if people would cut back on the moral one-upsmanship also.
Once again, you people have no idea why the child was crying.
You cannot honestly say that your child wouldn't have done the same thing in similar circumstances.

Let me ask your opinion.

You are in Wal Mart and your child is crying. There are three things you could do, besides spanking or smaking up side the head. Pick one.

1. Ignore the child
2. Tell the child to stop crying(most likely this will be ignored)
3. Take your child to the car or the restrooms until they stop crying.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

and you turned out ok?

There is no reason for that.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

At the risk of being off topic... You don't ever want to touch a child in my family...ever. Any discipline, any at all, is the job of the parents first, and any other family second... Not family? Stay the hell away...or you'll wish you had. I don't care what kind of slap it was... Braveheart had no right at all...none to do anything other than leave.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Precisely.
It is as if people feel that THEIR lives are not to be bothered by the troubles of another.

Like I said, we should make it a law, right? I'm sure there would be many supporters of this legislation right here in this thread.

We legislate everything. Might as well legislate whether a child can cry in a store or not.

From this point I envision the little fine-booth in Demolition Man. Say a curse word, that's 25 bucks, please.

link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by JayinAR
It would be nice if people would cut back on the moral one-upsmanship also.
Once again, you people have no idea why the child was crying.
You cannot honestly say that your child wouldn't have done the same thing in similar circumstances.

Let me ask your opinion.

You are in Wal Mart and your child is crying. There are three things you could do, besides spanking or smaking up side the head. Pick one.

1. Ignore the child
2. Tell the child to stop crying(most likely this will be ignored)
3. Take your child to the car or the restrooms until they stop crying.

Give into your child and leave, like they want you to. Do not continue on with life until said child allows you to make a simple shopping trip. Increase your budget by twice, so that you can pay someone to watch your child so that others will not be inconvenienced.

Has it occured to you that leaving IS giving in?

link   

Originally posted by Aeons

reply to post by Aeons

and you turned out ok?

There is no reason for that.

You're right, from your point of view. I'm sorry.

Originally posted by seagull

At the risk of being off topic... You don't ever want to touch a child in my family...ever. Any discipline, any at all, is the job of the parents first, and any other family second... Not family? Stay the hell away...or you'll wish you had. I don't care what kind of slap it was... Braveheart had no right at all...none to do anything other than leave.

you are correct, I don't ever want to touch a child. I hated being a kid and still don't like any of them.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by theuhstuf]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
As for punishment, he'll spend at least one night in the slammer. Unless he has a criminal record, I doubt this will be a felony.

No jury (IN this case, a jury trial would be a TERRIBLE idea).

His attorney will have him plea out. It will get reduced to a misdemeanor with a fine and probation.

If he does have a history of assault, then I think he's looking at a short sentence.

He's lucky he didn't get shoot, stabbed, beaten or what ever.

I predict this guy is going to change his residence, even if he doesn't do time. And that would be a good idea.

Because every kid in his neighborhood now knows if that old man gives them any crap.......

In a weird way, I hope this guy was drunk. Because if he wasn't, he doesn't even have a sorry excuse.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well, my job as a parent FIRST is to try and discern WHY the child is crying.

If there is something physically wrong with the child my job is to comfort the child and get out of the store as quickly as possible.

If my child is just throwing a fit, I would choose number 2... but my children would listen to me. They always do.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Knelling on bottle caps to maintain superiority as a virtue. Children as polllution. Mothers with normal toddlers as evil.

THIS is the moral high ground? Where the LOW ground?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Knelling on bottle caps to maintain superiority as a virtue. Children as polllution. Mothers with normal toddlers as evil.

THIS is the moral high ground? Where the LOW ground?

Who said anything about morals? Who says I'm not a hypocritical scum bag? I don't know what you mean really, but we each have our own high and low ground.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by theuhstuf]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
let someone do that sh* to my child. i guarantee they would have been carried out in an ambulance. now this is pretty much on the same subj and is i guess up for suggestion. something similar to this is my mom was at walmart and a teen had largely disrespected her and so she simply popped her in the mouth her mom was told why this happened and HER mom bonked her up side the head. now mind you the OP is saying and i very much agree with her that this child getting hit like was in EVERY way uncalled for, and i hope this f* r gets whats comming to him. In jail. basically what im trying to get across is that there is a time a place for everything and this jackass needs to be helped or locked up for life. you dont touch a little girl. S n F OP

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Your loss, I quite enjoyed being a kid. Yes, a screaming kid is annoying...but we as strangers have no right, none, to do anything other than shoot the parent an exasperated look and move on. Problem? Go to the store management, or the theatre management, or whomever is in charge.

They'll handle it, if anything needs handling.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Sorry, but I'd have to be a saint not to judge this guy. Slapping a 2 yr old? Are you kidding? He deserves the felony. You seem to think unless we're perfect human beings we have no right to judge him, when its actually that we'd have to be perfect NOT to. There's certain things which are beyond relative morality, that most of us simply can't tolerate. And to blame the child's mother is ridiculous as well. The baby could have been teething. We don't know she was a bad parent. We do know that this guy was way out of line. Period.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I do think taking a child in the throws of a tantrum or bad behavior out of the store is the appropriate and best thing, if possible. I also agree with dooper, if the kids know you are making baseless threats they will ignore you. When I had to take them out for this sort of stuff, and it was ONCE TIME PER KID, all I had to do was remind them what happens when they acted up in public. If you make an impression you don't have to keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again.

Balance is the key and sadly that is lacking in today's society. We either have people beating the crap out of their kids, or the others that give in to every whimper and whine and create monsters!

Either way, this man was totally out of line.

A side note: I am really sick and tired of how people on here talk about those that shop at discount stores. I am not trash, my kids were well behaved in public, and it is really freaking sad that every thread about WalMart has to be full of this BS. Good for you if you can afford to shop at Macy's and spend ridiculous money for things at Target when you I can get the same thing cheaper at WalMart. Please get a damned grip!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join