It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I read this and had to read it TWICE..I was just like WOW!!!

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. -- A Wal-Mart shopper who became so angry about a crying child that he allegedly slapped the girl in the face is due in court Wednesday. Investigators said the incident happened Monday at the Stone Mountain store on Rockbridge Road.

A police report said the man, Roger Stephens, 61, of Stone Mountain, had warned the child’s mother, Sonya Mathews, that if she didn’t quiet down the child, he would do it for her.

Let us know what you think about this story on our Twitter and Facebook pages! According to the report, after the mother failed to quiet the girl, Stephens came up to them and slapped the child several

times in the face. The report then quotes Stephens as saying, “See, I told you I would shut her up.” Mathews then screamed at Stephens and called for security, the report said. Stephens was stopped by another shopper, according to the report.

The girl, identified in the report as Paige Mathews, 2, was not injured, but did suffer some redness in the face. She was treated at the scene and released, the report said. Stephens was charged with cruelty with children in the first degree, which is a felony.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47112923d1f2.jpg[/atsimg]

Just look at his face...I literally had to laugh..I mean the ANGER!

Look, I know we all have wanted to do this in real life...but to actually do it..what is happening to people!!!
Did he not think there would be consequences? I just dont understand the mentality of someone that could actually pull this off!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Silly me, forgot link!Click here if you want!!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I laughed at the photo, too. He just looks like he's ready to slap the world in the face!

I'm glad he's being charged with a felony.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm sure many will say this but if this had happened to MY kid, it would be me having to show up in court, probably for something really really bad. I have to wonder if I would have had the wherewithall to stop beating that man after he was rendered unconcious.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thats what my son just told me, he said..my god..that guy is lucky the DAD wasnt around, or some big guy...I mean if he even had SAID that to me..i would have been.."Excuse ME" ..no way would he have touched my child.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Im glad he is too..but his Oscar the Grouch face gave me my daily lolz

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Definalty the poster boy for evil. If the child was annoying him so bad, why didn't he just remove himself from the situation? Seems a lot easier than facing a felony charge. He deserves what he gets.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

Agreed!!! Thats why I had to read it twice! I was dumbfounded!

Like I said..I get annoyed at crying kids too, but Im sure not going to walk up and slap one..

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What a stupid thing to get charged for! - he will be there talking to other criminals at some point -

'Yhea they got me smuggling drugs' - 'Yhea I had an unregistered hand gun' - 'well I tried to rob a jewellery store... What about you Roger?'............"Ummahum, I slapped a baby in the face - I was like all 'shutup!' and the baby was all like 'whaa whaa' - so I flat handed the little punk - and I'll do it again shee!"

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think he should get more of a punishment and charges filed against him. To slap a child like that in public, and it was not even his is just wrong. It was the mothers place to discipline the child.
I am rather shocked at the mothers constraint and discipline not to attack the man for striking her child.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
so none of you here find a crying child and parents who ignore them annoying? i do.

lol treated for some redness after a slap? what treatment is this?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow, what an ass. I bet he kicks dogs too.

If he thought he was irritated and annoyed before, he's really in for it now. I'm sure there will be no end to the condemnation and repercussions he will endure for his outrageous behavior.

reply to post by DOADOA

Ice, a hug and maybe a lollypop.

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Look, I know we all have wanted to do this in real life...but to actually do it..what is happening to people!!!

Collapse Psychosis.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

so your advocating slapping every crying child you see? Have you ever tried to calm down a 2 year old having a tantrum? Its not as easy as saying stop crying.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I know exactly how he felt. I hate it when people go out in public with kids who won't behave. What makes parents think that it is OK to inflict their badly parented children on the rest of us? Lookie here Mr. Studmuffin and Mrs Sleazeskank how about paying a little attention to the results of your lovefest so they don't end up crawling through somebody's window at 3AM stealing to support their drug habit?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The should have slapped the parent. There's no excuse for dragging a crying child through a Wal-Mart or any other place. It shows a lack of parenting skills, and total lack of discipline. I always chastise parents for unruly children, and I encourage everyone to do so. Yeah, I got the old "excuse ME?" bit before, but the proper response is "Yes, you and your child can excuse yourself to the parking lot until you get that brat under control."

OH, and if your kid is rolling around the store on those damn Heelys, just punch yourself. One kid almost knocked me over, then went sprawling down the aisle. Then the parents had the audacity to blame me for tripping the kid. In the ensuing argument the father threatened me with violence, the mother threatened to sue me for harming her crotch fruit, and I had a talk with the manager about Wal-Mart not providing a safe environment by allowing the brats to skate in the aisles. The police cleared things up by giving me the option of filing charges against the father for assault, and the brat for battery. They reevaluated their position real quick.

link   
Maybe he will get jail time so some fellow inmates can get some slaps on him.

If that was my child, WalMart employees would be busy picking up merchandise from the aisles because I would be hitting him with everything in sight.

link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
What a stupid thing to get charged for! - he will be there talking to other criminals at some point -

'Yhea they got me smuggling drugs' - 'Yhea I had an unregistered hand gun' - 'well I tried to rob a jewellery store... What about you Roger?'............"Ummahum, I slapped a baby in the face - I was like all 'shutup!' and the baby was all like 'whaa whaa' - so I flat handed the little punk - and I'll do it again shee!"

TY so much for my 2nd daily lolz!!! HAHAH..sighs...big tough guy!

link   
Dude - I would have been the one in court! He would be in the ground! That mans going to hurt someone.

As far as the mother - shes worthless on ALL accounts. She SHOULD have removed her child until she got her baby under control. Its what I did with all four of mine.

It is in a mothers nature to protect her young and by-god... Id have been doing me some protecting! Theres A LOT of things to pick up in a Wal-Mart.

This mother needs to have more uhph - she doesnt even have it in her to defend her child.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Good, get that SOB off the streets for awhile.
I myself have a pretty hot temper at times, but I couldn't phathom doing that. Heck, I don't see the need to slap my own children. (well, there was one time, but I won't get into that)

This guy was a ticking time-bomb. I'm just glad that he is taken off the streets for what amounts to a red face, rather than someone's head being blown off for walking on his yard.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Good, get that SOB off the streets for awhile.
I myself have a pretty hot temper at times, but I couldn't phathom doing that. Heck, I don't see the need to slap my own children. (well, there was one time, but I won't get into that)

This guy was a ticking time-bomb. I'm just glad that he is taken off the streets for what amounts to a red face, rather than someone's head being blown off for walking on his yard.

Well all you have to do is take a look at his face!!! oh the irony! I think i'll make it my desktop pic for a day...lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join