It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man tries to pay bill with spider drawing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That was hilarious. Read it out loud to my spouse and we both laughed harder than in recent memory. You have to give kudos to the girl at the utility for playing along so cordially. She deserves a raise.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There is a fine line between brilliant and insane.
I think David may be a looney, or he may wind up owning most of North America one day.

What's the old saying?
" If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...."

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That was a good one. Well at least the customer service rep didn't call the cops like this guy did. Guy wants to pay bill with pot...I hate snitches....

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Haha I read this one ages back, still makes me smile.. Funny thing is I'd seen the spider as an avatar MANY times before but never thought about it till I was on some random forums and people were complimenting someone for it as an av, and others started asking what it was about.

On his website there is a bit from the lady herself who said she was having a good laugh with the correspondence too..

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I love this! What a creative genius he is!
Thanks for posting something with humor to take away from all the bad on the internet.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I f#*$%*g love you. I've had a really nasty day and you just made it all worth it. Sheer class.Thank you so much.

I used to work at a well known high street bank in the 80s and 90s. During my time at the 5 branches I worked at we had people trying to pay in cheques written on an orange, a sock, a wellington boot, and I believe another branch recieved a cow. What was bizarre was that there was nothing in the relevant banking acts that said this was not allowed! We could have accepted them as long as the name, account details and signature were genuine.

Eventually I got so pissed off with the industry, I quit, leaving them with a £1300 debt upon which I managed to negotiate a £1 pound a month at no interest repayment scheme- for 108 years. I have been reliably paying it ever since. They keep offering me an 80% discount on the amount if I settle up with them. But I prefer to keep paying the £1 because it costs them £2 to collect it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
S&F...that was great. that put a smile on my face all day. And that is kinda hard to do during these times.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This guy is my hero.

He should get a medal or something

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is the best thing I've EVER seen in my life.

I'm speechless. They should have just let him pay with the drawing, it's about as valuable as money.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Haha brilliant absolutely brilliant.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have no choice but to smile.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Now i know this guy owed this company money and he should pay, im sure he did in the end, but when you genuinely have no money to your name there is nothing you can do. You cant get blood from a stone!

You mean blood from a turnip right.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Oh no...here come the fun police

I did search for it to no avail. Used all kinds of combinations of the title but nothing. Hence why i proceeded

Im just glad it made some people smile, thanks guys and gals. It made my day when i read it last year, it just has one of those effects i guess.

'Spider man'...we salute you

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this...sometimes (regardless of whether it's been posted before with an ensuing lengthy conversation
) I think we all need a good laugh on here and this sure did the trick for me!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Hey man, great find!

Sometimes you have to try your luck with debt collectors!

S+F from me

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
man, I remember this. I laughed a good long laugh when I saw this like last year or whatever. Great memory.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is interesting, but as amatter of fact, there is a guy out west, that draws his own money, the funny thing is people will take in a second, and I think even give him the change.

The Government has taken a very close look at this fellow, but can't bust him for anything because his money is very beautiful art.

If he draws you a fifty dollar bill it is worth far more than the face value.

Trivia: A couple once sent Picaso a check for $10,000 dollar and ask that he send them one of his art works.

What they recieved back was a drawing on the back of there check, and even that is I sure worth much , much more than the $10,000 dollars.

If I can find link to guy that arts his own money I will post link.

Link Money Manwww.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 2-9-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
This guy is my hero.

He should get a medal or something

If we have learnt anything here it is that real things suck and drawings are better.

I give you.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2746ae87f0cb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hey guys and gals!

Although i knew of the story it was a pleasant reminder.

Thanks for sharing the link to his site!
The guy (Australian) is just awesome!

I hate to violate T&C and drain his traffic away, so here is another followup story on his site!

Read along all the right column!!!!!!

www.27bslash6.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join