It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man tries to pay bill with spider drawing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Goto Cafepress.com and make yourself one?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Laughter IS the best medicine.

Woke up feeling kinda crappy.

Thanks for the hearty laugh. I feel better now.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
S+F!

That was absolutely hilarious!

I can't believe the women actually sent his picture back to him as an attachment!

What a brilliant sense of humour and not too unlike my own at times!

As for the emailconversation between his new neighbour, that was comedy gold aswell! I actually started to feel a little sorry for the other guy..

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

What a classic!
One of the most interesting ways I've seen to prolong the payment of an overdue account; I am tempted to try that one myself.
The secret is (I guess), to send an incomplete drawng; maybe a Hydra without a few heads or something? One could then begin a crusade of amended drawings, coupled with apologies that the number of heads does not truly reflect the character of the historical hydra etc.
Thanks for the laughs

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

and here's the real reason he got into that corresondance with his new neighbor.

A few weeks ago, a guy moved into the apartment across from me. I know little about him apart from the fact that he owns cane furniture as I saw the delivery guys carry it up. I bumped into him on the stairs once and he said hello but I cannot be friends with someone that owns cane furniture so I pretended I had a turtle to feed or something.

Last week when I checked my mailbox, I found that my new neighbour had left me a note stating that he was having a party and to let him know if the noise was too loud.

The problem I have with the note is not that he was having a party and didn't invite me, it was that he selected a vibrant background of balloons, effectively stating that his party was going to be vibrant and possibly have balloons and that I couldn't come.

If I was writing a note to my neighbours saying that I was going to have a party but none of them could come, I would not add photos of ecstasy tablets, beer and gratuitous shots of Lucius going down on men to show them what they are missing out on, I would make it clean and simple, possibly even sombre, so they didn't think 'you prick'.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by OmegaPoint]

[edit on 2-9-2009 by OmegaPoint]

Ok, now i see......
what you juust posted above is funny too......... the guy moving in was making it look like it was going to be a great party with balloons and what not but he didn't invite others in the block..... it was like he was gloating that he had loads of friends and they were all coming over to have a great time

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Did anyone else catch the veiled insult/sarcasm?

"It was silly of me to think I could provide you with something of completely no value whatsoever, waste your time and then attach a large amount to it."

Methinks Mr. Spider Drawer feels screwed over by his provider, as in, he's implying they did exactly that to him lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If i was in charge of the power company, i think i would cut the guy's power off, but first tape a picture of people using electricity to his front door. Classic.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
This is interesting, but as amatter of fact, there is a guy out west, that draws his own money, the funny thing is people will take in a second, and I think even give him the change...
...Link Money Manwww.washingtonpost.com...

Yes -- the "Money Man" who draws money is not officially breaking any counterfeiting laws because he never tries to pass the money off as "money" but rather as a piece of artwork that he tries to barter with.

It would be the same if he tried to barter (trade) a Picasso for goods and services -- and there is nothing illegal about that...although it's totally up to the other person to accept the trade or not.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Awh, that has to be the cutest ats post I've ever read! ^-^

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
hahahahah wow that was one of the funniest things ive seen in a while. that guy is genius. im pretty sure he is my hero

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have not read all the threads but I heard this story many years ago, i am NOT sure if it is true or not but was assured this situation could occur.i will give my opinion of what i remember.

Many years ago a customer was getting a lot of grief from his bank, and so went into his bank and said i want to take my money out of the bank,

the teller said all of it and he said no i will leave a pound in my account to keep it open, the money was counted out on the counter and said i dont want all these notes they are paper,
the teller said this is legal tender and so you can accept it, he said NO this says it promises to pay me , i don,t want a promise, i want my money and i want it now.
i want copper coins, because copper is genuine currency that has value.so i want all my money in pennies. voices were raised and the man said you have MY money and i won,t leave until i have it all, he was asked to stand to one side , he said NO i am here first so serve me now.

The staff were sent down to the vaults and returned with bags of copper coins,and it was handed over to the man, the man said what is this!,this is your money weighed out for you, the man said

NO i don,t trust you i want to see it counted out in front of me, and so the money was counted out, happy NOW?. NO i want to check it for my self,

after it was checked the man said i have changed my mind i want to put it all back in the bank, after a lot of fuss the manager agreed and took the money back into the bank the man said NO i want you to check it all so count it out again. there could be a penny short, and i want you to know it is all there.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Haahahahahha I remember seeing this a while back. Thx for posting this and reminding me of it

Star

and flag

for you

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Resinveins]

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Resinveins]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Date: Sunday 14 Dec 2008 2.04am
To: Matthew Smythe
Subject: Party

Hello Matthew,
I have been away since Thursday so have not been able to check my email from home. Flying back late today in time for the party and just wanted to say that we are really looking forward to it. Will probably get there around eleven or twelve, just when it starts to liven up. Simon's girlfriend Cathy's work function was cancelled so she can make it afterall which is good news. She will probably have a few friends with her so they will take the mini van. Also, I have arranged a Piñata.

Regards, David.

www.27bslash6.com...

Everyone's GOTTA see the whole thing HERE

OMG! Too funny! (I can't get enough of it, I keep going back and reading it again, as if the guy was totally sincere with what he was saying in those emails..)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ooooh noooo... the original opening posted is copied word-for-word on current.com

current.com...

And it isn't even an old posting...

Hurtsville added this
added september 03, 2009

but at least Hurstville linked ATS.

Still funny, though.

[edit on 2009/9/3 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I've seen this joke before. Imagine if it had actually worked then you could say that at least there are some people who don't take things too seriously all of the time.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

That's a brilliant idea. I'm going to try and pay my cell phone bill with a drawing of a spider!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
haha this guy is hilarious. have you guys seen his other articles at his site?
outstanding, and very very funny

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This is one of the funniest and most brilliant ways to make a point thanks for posting. S&F

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thanks for providing the link to his site, Party In Room 3 is the best one IMO. Many laughs to be had

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If I was the woman, this is what I would have replied with:

It is a very funny story.

[edit on 9/6/2009 by pjslug]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join