learn more

Man tries to pay bill with spider drawing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Follow The TCP Stream

Now that, was a very strange post, and an odd response to perhaps an ill informed view of things, but c'mon, what the heck was THAT all about..?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I chocked on my cigarette and hurt myself laughing.

Could you imagine this dude leaning his head against the wall going "MMMmmm Thats nice" as he listens to whats going on... Or popping in all super ninja style Ready to be the life of the party.

Hilarious!

Yes, wasn't it funny! I was giggling the whole way through reading that. Frick'n FUNNY!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Too bad I didnt get this many flags when I originally posted this article

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
First of let me say thank you for giving me a good laugh this morning!!!

I find it brilliant, and having been in a situation not to dissimilar to his a long time ago he conducted himself very well, and managed to pull it off with style i say.

Money is only what we value it as. It is nothing more than paper or more and more justa figure on the computer. I live in a fantasy world sometimes and hope that there will be a time where money is no longer a currency, i dont see the purpose of it in a higher sense as it limits our true potential. With all the technology that is available it must surely be possible now to develop a system where we can grow food without the fruits of our labor, and turn our minds onto repairing the damage we have caused to others and the earth. I often feel that there are so many creative idea out there that never eventuate simply because of a lack of funds, or some corrupted beaurocrat saying no becuase that would damage some corporations profit line.

Its time we all slowly re-educate ourselves and others to a more productive and beneficial way of thinking. I'm not saying this can be done overnight, by small steps in this direction by enough will people all that we need.

Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Ok, that is hilarious. Thankfully, the person he was talking with had as since of humor, so many don't. Besides, art is art, and we've all seen paintings/drawings that are absolutely horrible, yet still sell for HUGE prices. At least his spider's cute.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ok this is comedy gold. But I'm lost as to why this sold for 15 thousand???

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLister

somebody getting him back maybe, 15,000 bid but no intention of paying...the man did NOT receive 15,000 for his hilarious 7 legged spider. S+F, thanks for the post OP.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I too have seen this in the recent past, but I again laughed pretty hard.

I am broke, losing my house, am unemployed (but still looking) and we just buried my wife's grandmother today, but this thread has lifted me up a bit! Thanks to all that have posted and thanks to you LiveForever8 for starting it! I am starting to feel better already.

This reminds me of the guy that gave this to his wireless carrier:

edit to add pic

[edit on 2-9-2009 by obilesk]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This really is funny.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
LOL funny as hell...

Without Humor, we are nothing more than Animals.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Follow The TCP Stream

That was probably the most disgusting, innapropriate post I have ever read on this site, simply disgusting....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

No more need be said about that post. Makes you wonder what some people are thinking.. but everyone I guess makes stupid errors from time to time, or draws the ah wrong analogy.. but that was about the worst ever on this forum, I agree.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
Who is to say what value the picture is worth?

he [ the artist ] can assign what ever value he wants to it - but its only worth what someone else is prepared to pay

its a pretty simple ecconomic principal

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Good way to buy time so to speak
This is realy funny! If I had no money I would probably do something similar to this!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Now, THAT is funny!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Can I get a t-shirt with the seven legged spider on it? I REALLY want one. Capitalism in action..........

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Hmmm, got it the second time I read it.

Silly though brilliant all the same.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Man it would be so cool if the spider caught on and the IRS and all the other 'lenders' received a couple hundred billion Spider dollars from everybody next year. Can you imagine what would happen if we all just stood up together one day and laid our new monetary system on them... "In accordance with the Spider Reserve Act of 2009, I hereby submit the amount of 250 Spiders..."
Hell why not, they got away with it in 1918

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This is gold! I absolutely love stuff like this, S&F! (and also for your post OzWeatherman!)

It reminds me of this book called "Letters From A Nut" by a guy called Ted L. Nancy - he writes letters to heaps of people with ridiculous requests (eg - your store mannekin looks identical to my deceased neighbour - i was wondering if I was able to buy it to ease the suffering for his family?) And then the correspondance he recieves.

Definately worth a look if you can find a copy

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Vilyariel]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join