It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's new first lady says rode UFO to Venus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Japan's new first lady says rode UFO to Venus

www.reuters.com

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's next prime minister might be nicknamed "the alien," but it's his wife who claims to have had a close encounter with another world.
"While my body was asleep, I think my soul rode on a triangular-shaped UFO and went to Venus," Miyuki Hatoyama, the wife of premier-in-waiting Yukio Hatoyama, wrote in a book published last year.

"It was a very beautiful place and it was really green."

Yukio Hatoyama is due to be voted in as premier on September 16 following his party's crushing election victory over the long-ruling Liberal Democratic Party on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Although this is one of my least favority subjects, I knew everyone would get a kick out of it.

This has got to be the first time that a woman at this level has claimed to have been a passenger on an extra-terrestrial vessel.

With this there seems to longer be a line separating people with power and influence and people who are powerless...we are all equally insane.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
astral projection she had.. I dont think she was abducted..

Or a weird dream.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Further down in the article it reveals that she was married to a different man when the experience occured and her new husband, the next prime minister of Japan, has the nickname..."the alien" because of his prominent eyes.

Maybe she was abducted and her current husband is the proof.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Oh gee, looks as if Rik Clay really was onto something !

And the information contained within your OP has left me in little doubt now about who was probably responsible for the election 'win' in Japan

Japan down. Afghan election still requiring a little tweaking. And Cheyney and Kissinger laugh heartily, showing more of the back of their throats than might be considered good-taste when it's suggested they retired, LOL

How many kids' kidneys, lungs, spleens, hearts etc. do those two have,
one wonders ?

Yeah, bring it on, those holographic 'alien invasions' timed to coincide with the 2012 London Olympics. I've steeled myself in advance to ignore them (unless they can play boogie woogie when I wriggle my pinky fingers)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I just knew this was one of the many zany stories from one of the more questionable news sites on the web, but Reuters!

I wonder what her husband thinks of this press and better yet, what must the Japanese people think. I hope we find an article with some reaction from the people.

Nancy Regan had an astrologer, so I guess she can have a Venus connection. LOL

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It's the land of vending machines that spit out used school-girls' panties into middle aged businessmens' eager hands, if we're to believe 'news reports'. So a planet-visiting first-lady is what we might expect .. yes

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Really green? Venus? Are we talking about the waterless, volcanic planet that is covered in dense clouds of sulphuric acid?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargon of Akkad

Don't argue with the lady

She's important now. And she was there, so ner ner

[edit on 2-9-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
-facepalm- i dont kno wat to make out of this article.. cant unread.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
i think she was not happy with the japanese craft of her husband

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the follow up story:

"Newly elected Japanese Leader and wife to take a post election vacation on Venus. Former President Bush offers use of Venusian ranch for couple."

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

Or something like "my Venus trip was taken out of context!". Lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, at least she never visited Uranus. (ha ha ha) Someone needs to drop all the info on Venus into her lap along with those pictures from the Soviet probes. A nice fat does of reality ought to wake her up.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
With this there seems to longer be a line separating people with power and influence and people who are powerless...we are all equally insane.

No doubt!

Here's a weird story as well - a Banking tycoon having "visions":

trueslant.com...

Arison explains that she has finally dropped the fear that has held her back from doing more about what she has perceived. Armed with the insight gained through work with Florida-based psychiatrist Brian Weiss, a proponent of regression therapy and the exploration of (take your pick) deep memories or past lives, she says she is ready to go public with her visions and bring together her spiritual and business goals.

I'd rather keep my money under a mattress.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Quoting the article:

"When she awoke, Japan's next first lady wrote, she told her now ex-husband that she had just been to Venus. He advised her that it was probably just a dream."

"My current husband has a different way of thinking," she wrote. "He would surely say 'Oh, that's great'." says the first lady....

LOL... for Japan's sake, I hope not.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
the japanese are much more accepting of ufo and alien storeis than the west.

its often a subject of discussion in parliament. even when real matters are more important.

or maybe because.....

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargon of Akkad

The insinuation is that it is not as you describe, and that the images released to us have been tampered with.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
There is an old Japanese saying to the effect of "The Japanese would worship a mackerel-head if you stuck it up on an altar." They are a nation with so many intertwined religious and paranormal ideas. The most primative form of Shinto was a kind of pantheism or animism whereby any object -- a tree, a rock, etc. -- could be seen as a kind of manifestaion of divine power. Then down through the ages, Shinto grew more complex, texts and secret rituals devloped, and it split into at least half a dozen major different sects. Individual gods proliferated, perhaps beyond the ability to count them.

Then Buddhism entered the picture. Despite a bit of squabbling over the ages, the various sects of Buddhism managed to more-or-less coexist with one another and with Shinto. Buddhism in Japan is also far from monolitic...most Westerners think of Zen when they think of Japanese buddhism, but there are 3 different Zen sects alone and literally dozens of other forms of Buddhism; Jodo-shu, Jodo-shin-shu, Nihchiren-shu, Ji-shu, Tendai-shu, Shingon-shu, the "five sects of Nara," etc etc....the list seems endless and even within these sects are different lineages, etc. Still later, Confucianism and even Christian missionaries entered the picture, convoluting things still further.

Amidst this bewildering gaggle of divine beings and paths, anything seemed possible, and as long as they declared support for the Imperial line and upheald general public morality, they were all allowed to coexist. The end result was a public that would potentially view anything and everything as manifestations of the sacred...paradoxically, very similar to ancient Shinto animism.

So-called "State Shinto" and "Imperial-Way Buddhism" were very influential in motivating troops during WWII, and they were basically dismantled after the war. After this period, the Japanese became very wary of religion in general, many connecting fanaticism and excess with war and unpleasantness best quickly forgotten. Even now, a higher percentage of Japanese lists themselves as "athiests" than in any other nation...even though many of these athiests have no problem stopping by the local shrine or Buddhist temple to pay respects or pray for good exam results, buy charms for auto safety, etc.

The whole state of affairs has left a kind of "spiritual void," where there is simultaneously too much information and too many options, and not enough. Into this void has stepped a number of unusual cults (such as the "Aum Supreme Truth" Cult that gassed the Tokyo subways in the 1990s) to beliefs in UFOs and aliens. I think a lot of UFO-ology in Japan is connected with the vaccum created by a lack of a truly vibrant and focused religious infrastructure...people naturally sense that there is more to the world than what they see and know, but at the same time they don't know how to focus these instincts and forms of spirituality.

My two cents...

[edit on 9/3/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I just read this one on a different news website

I think someones been hitting the Sake a little to much. Venus cant be green by the way. The Venera spacecrafts proved that when they landed on Venus' surface

Maybe she's looking for attention

top topics

<<   2 >>

join