It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Website: Disagree With Health Care, You're a "Domestic Terrorist"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

First, who's "you guys"? Are you trying to label me a "lib", lol? Good luck with that one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's the only one i could find right off hand, there were many others though, later i will look a bit longer and get them linked as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I understand what you are saying however I still don't see how the "Domestic terrorist" verbiage is anything other then self defeating. In fact I would call it a potential "lose-lose" scenario because...

-Potential loss of supporters who would view such word use a inflammitory.
-Potential Loss of support because it would appear he cannot exert control over his extended organization.
-Affirm to more conservative elements that he is not seeking compromise.

I'm sure there is more but I can't think of them at this moment. So aside from any agendas he may have regarding healthcare I would still say the message that started this thread was a gaff and not some sort targeted attack.

Your insights though are always appreciated

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindpeace

“As you probably know, racial division and slavery is at the very core of this country's foundation.”

Nope, I didn’t know that at all. This country had slaves as did just about every other country in the world. As far as slavery being at the “core of this countries foundation” I disagree. Unless your willing to point out this country was one of the first to abolish slavery. America’s bold anti-slavery action set an example for others countries who then followed suit. If your not willing to point that out, then you are part of the problem, NOT the solution.

If your on some kind of racial healing quest (I guess that’s what your trying to do) then, I must say, your doing a rather poor job, if fact, I would say you are accomplishing the opposite.

You say, “bigotry and hatred is NOT genetically imprinted on anyone...it is a learned behavior”. On that I agree. I must say, you need to take a look at what your teaching, your stirring the pot and trying to keep alive this hatred. Looks to me like that’s what your trying to get people to learn is hate and disharmony.

You say, “For me, this premise is at the very heart of this "discussion" concerning Healthcare reform.” So, in other words it’s just a racial issue to you? So to you, to oppose Oboma’ s healthcare reform is to be racist?

Oh, please, please, please, if there truly is something called “God” either strike me dead now, or make me understand why it is impossible for some to accept the idea there are other reasons to oppose the Obama administration than just race.

Mod Edit: Review This Link: ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette: Posting In All Bold

[edit on 9/3/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters
truly is something called “God” either strike me dead now, or make me understand why it is impossible for some to accept the idea there are other reasons to oppose the Obama administration than just race.

I have a black friend who is 100% against Obamacare. I can't wait to tell him that he is racist against himself.

Please, everyone take note though, this thread is based upon a website which some joe smith can post an "organized rally" with all the hate speech he can push. This is not a site that is affiliated with Obama or his administration anymore. It WAS during the campaign, but it is no longer.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

Hello Useless Eaters,

I'm merely stating opinion based upon observation, education and conclusions I have drawn. I'm not trying to "teach" anything and there is no hidden agenda I am pursuing.

For me Useless Eaters, the great lesson of slavery in this country is simply that although it can be removed, in principle, via legislative effort for instance, it cannot be pulled up by its roots from the hearts of its practitioners without it NOT being taught in the first place. It took approximately 620,000 deaths during the American Civil War for slavery to be abolished...militarily. A century later, the Civil Rights Movement of the '60s attempted to legislate an end to racial divisions - primarily in the South...

...yet, in my opinion, it remains the scourge of this nation to this day.

But my position has been stated multiple times now, and you feel as though you should point out its, and my, "shortcomings". Since we are aware of our respective stances, I believe our conversation has come to an end.

Please consider those shortcomings "pointed out", and sleep well.

My Best Wishes To You And Your Family.

Good Luck.

Mindpeace

"“It’s better to light a candle…than to curse the darkness.”
Adlai Stevenson

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Well...ahh.......that's fine with me......I guess...Just wondering though, why it would take you telling him this sort of stuff for your friend to realize it?

Mod Edit: Review This Link: ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette: Posting In All Bold

[edit on 9/3/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'm a little disgusted with both sides of the isle right now...
Each side so willing to take the worst of the other side and put it on display in hopes that their bias and hatred will be shared by others.
This isn't Obama's official message.
Has anyone yet raised the question of who actually wrote those words?
Curios.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Newsflash!!! We all get this too, even without insurance. I myself was treated in the past without insurance. I worked in the ER, and no one was EVER turned away. Don't act like you know what goes on here, you don't live here, all you ever hear and read is America haters spreading their propaganda to turn the world against us, because they want our country to fall.

Oh, I'm sorry I must be totally clueless, because I thought that, following treatment, you would then be billed for the care? So are you telling me that if you injured yourself, let's say you broke your back and did not have private medical insurance, you needed surgery, x-rays, MRI scans, CT scans, physio, homecare etc etc, that you would not be billed afterwards? I guess you already have an NHS then! Silly me!

Don't act like you know what goes on here, you don't live here

I lived in America on and off for 4 years.....so I know a little! Please don't assume that, like the majority of US citizens, the rest of the world's people don't possess a passport!
It's nothing to do with haters, and I am certainly not one myself! It's your blinkered, rose tinted vision that American systems are always the best when some are clearly not! Yes, America gets a lot of things right, and a lot of things wrong..... but the ability to admit it when you are wrong is a good quality!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Holy crap this is getting old. Grow up. I remember when Bush was president, certain groups on the left were labeled domestic terrorists, and all the Bush fans agreed and were posting all kinds of supporting statements and links to back up that label. Now, the door has swung back around and hit you guys square in the @sses. You can dish it out but can't take it, apparently. Who really cares what the "left" calls you anyway? There was never meant to be any agreement, or cooperation between either corrupt "wing", and as long as you keep playing along with this childish back and forth, name calling BS, they have you right where they want you. They'll keep trading power back and forth, they'll keep passing laws that benefit their rich friends while shaking you guys up like bugs in a jar, watching you fight amongst yourselves having NO idea that you're being controlled.

Sir, no matter who is President, or which party is in power, labeling any citizen as a domestic terrorist because they disagree with an ideaology is terribly wrong. When will people realize that the two parties in Washington work together all the time in a non partisan way. The problem is that they are not working for our benefit.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

]First, who's "you guys"? Are you trying to label me a "lib", lol? Good luck with that one.

Those of you who constantly dismiss what the media is doing now with the claim "it happened under Bush too". I think that was made pretty clear in the post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's the only one i could find right off hand, there were many others though, later i will look a bit longer and get them linked as well.

Thats the best you can come up with? A second hand mention of something on CNN? I could post pages of attacks on Americans and Obama critics, going back to the primaries!

No, there aren't many others. Bush on several occasions was asked what he thought of his critics and he said they had every right to protest him. He never attacked them, the past president or the media. On one occasion in 2008, he made a comment about protesters affect on the troops and Marines in particular. He was talking about the code pink protests at the Marine recruiting stations in Berkley and the city council declaring them unwelcome..

None of the MSM networks called these protesters racists, terrorists, extremists or any such names. They in fact supported the protests and attacked anyone who dare speak against them. Fox news on several occasions were tough on protesters, but only after they rioted, looted and fought police. Thats quite different from old people and families at town hall meetings.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mavendex
This is a clever hoax, I searched the organizing America website and found nothing even close to a shred of evidence for it.

I even copied and pasted the title of the blog in the search box and couldn't find the page what so ever.

It seems they found the Template for the Blue State Digital CMS that they are running and failed to take out certain criteria before making a picture of it.

Aka The little boxes in the right hand corner don't pop up at all and Ical is a mod used for calender work. KML and XML don't show up on any other part of the site even when I signed up and posted a fake blog.

But for all those hackers out there if you wanted to use a program called brutus to gain entry to the site. my.barackobama.com... is the login screen for organizing america website :::Wink::: Do some research before you post

Officially Debunked have a nice day

[edit on 2-9-2009 by mavendex]

** WOW Mav….OLD SCHOOL ATS!!!! ..Great work…THIS IS WHAT ATS is about!!

… someone cleverly made a copy of it and provided information the cached website

…[re cache]… someone made a clever fake to stir the pot then has it on a free speech website trying to psych people out is nothing short of being a true domestic terrorist. isn't that how you win wars confuse your enemy and destroy from within.

Agreed. Honestly I am a moderate democrat and even lean right on some issues, but find myself with my feet planted squarely on the left just for balance pushing back on the steady stream of crazy far right BS and the hordes of posters that repeat it as gospel without ever researching it..

But I guess that is the point…divide, divide, divide, distract, distract, divide. Shout…don’t listen etc

Either way…thanks for this….definitely old school ATS and very cool.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

Um, that's exactly what i said, they work together to pass laws that benefit their rich buddies. However, i do personally feel that folks on the religious "right" have greater potential to carry out violence to push their causes, since they do share alot of similar ideologies as muslim extremists. I don't agree that you should all be labeled terrorists, however i do believe the potential for deadly violence is greater coming from the "right". Care to compare the nature of attacks carried out by "leftist" groups here in the U.S. to those carried out by the extreme "right" (deaths vs. vandalism)?

[edit on 3-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Thats the best you can come up with? A second hand mention of something on CNN?

Nope. Here ya go...

CQ Homeland Security, an online publication of Congressional Quarterly, obtained a draft planning document which outlines the foreign and domestic terrorist groups the DHS expects to face. The threats originating from overseas are attributed primarily to Al Qaeda and other extreme Islamic groups. The threats originating from within the United States are attributed to radical environmental and animal rights groups, such as the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) and the Earth Liberation Front (ELF), which have attacked scientific laboratories using animals for experimentation, as well as construction sites.

According to CQ Homeland Security, the report “does not mention anti-government groups, white supremacists and other radical right-wing movements, which have staged numerous terrorist attacks that have killed scores of Americans.”

www.wsws.org...

That good enough for you? Again, enjoy your own medicine. Hows it taste?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Did you even read it? This is a government document that references actual terrorist groups. It has nothing to do with Bush critics...

I'll ask again...

When did the MSM (ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, NYT....) attack protesters as extremist or racists? When did the MSM and white house work together to attack individual critics of Obama? When did Bush have a snitch program?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Did you even read it? This is a government document that references actual terrorist groups. It has nothing to do with Bush critics...

Did you happen to read what groups, who've actually killed people en masse, were left OFF that list? I thought this thread was about the government (Obama) labeling those with opposing views terrorists? In this case who was left OFF the list is as important as those on it, IMO. So, now we're talking about the MSM? I haven't really heard them labeling anybody "terrorists" but i don't really watch it too much. I've heard them being labeled as organized by special interest groups. That said, the MSM besides FOX, is mainly geared towards those in urban areas, who tend to lean "left" when the jar is shaken. To them, it looks like a bunch of angry white people from the sticks who can't stand having a (half) black man in office. Alot of the emails i get from my friends who lean "right", are blatantly racist and hateful, and i can assure you i am not biased one way or the other. But if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...you know.
Also, i clearly remember those who were against the war in iraq were routinely labeled 'anti-american', and 'terrorist sympathizers'.

edit: do you remember when giraldo rivera verbally attacked protestors (w/alex jones) when he was filming a show on the street? Called them "anarchists" and a couple other things, so the MSM on the "right" has indeed called labeled protestors against their causes as well.

edit again: Bush had a snitch program as well, called operation TIPS.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mind Peace

Wow!!!

What guilt ridden public schooling did you attend in order to get such a huge dose of guilt programming???

I do not feel guilty for slavery or any other issue. I am not interested in other people trying to drop their guilt baggage or guilt settings on their radio dials on my person. Not interested in this at all.

No one in my family ever owned any slaves and never will. Do not waste your time trying this droll political guilt tactic on me or mine. I strongly suggest you learn to use something else on ATS/BTS than guilt education and guilt politics.

GUILT EDUCATION AND GUILT POLITICS has become a standard menu among many to try to prove their points.

What is happening out here as a result of this constant conditioning or attempts at such ..is that it is become overused and very wolfie....no matter who is using it.

What one realizes when we see politics and political parties using this tactic of LABELING others who disagree with them as...

Hitlers, Extremists, racists, sexists, homophobes or whatever is the next popular label to come down the pipeline ...

What we realize is that someone is trying to default through on our beliefs and expectations ...by guilt labeling ...burdening us with their guilt beliefs and settings...in order that they can play through unquestioned and unchallenged.

A default label in in play...allowing them to default through unquestioned and uhchallanged.

Thinking Americans are getting very tired of this labeling and defaulting through on guilt politics.

THinking Americans are not interested in someone else's guilt baggage....or guilt ladened education.

Watch this carefully Mind Peace...

For me Useless Eaters, the great lesson of slavery in this country is simply that although it can be removed, in principle, via legislative effort for instance, it cannot be pulled up by its roots from the hearts of its practitioners without it NOT being taught in the first place. It took approximately 620,000 deaths during the American Civil War for slavery to be abolished...militarily. A century later, the Civil Rights Movement of the '60s attempted to legislate an end to racial divisions - primarily in the South...

Primarily in the South???? In the South.

There are those of us out here who remember severe racial problems in the North...Cleveland, Boston, Detroit, and many other cities and states.

The textbook guilt setting is that this only happens primarily in the South. I dont believe it. The primary focus and default setting is that the South bears the guilt and responsibility for this.

You might want to read.

Black Confederates and Afro-Yankees in Civil War Virginia (A Nation Divided : New Studies in Civil War History) (9780813915456): Ervin L. Jordan ...

This book was an eye opener to me to realize that though they freed the slaves...they did not fare any better at the other end of the underground railroad up north. Nothing changed for them. Yet the popular political guilt technique is to put the onus for this on the South.

I for one dont buy into it..and never will.

I began to break out of this guilt burden and realize that someone was pulling a hoax on me for political purposes.
I also began to realize that the body politic also pays for and finances public education...that there was a definite relationship here.

Numerous events have proven to me that this guilt politics and investment in racism is a cottage industry here in this country...and one in which the body politic has much at stake in foisting off this guilt burden on the public for guaranteed, controllable, malleable votes at election time.

Guilt politics and guilt ladened education is very effective on people who live for emotional release and justification...not thinking for themselves.

This administration in particular and the political party which represents them are heavily invested in this guilt labeling technique. Much of the public is beginning to catch onto it and rebel against its overuse and abuse on them. This because they are coming to the realization that this technique is divisive.. and not uniting. It is also not Leadership.

This type of guilt politics is also indicative of another closely related technique called ENTITLEMENTS. We see this result and method in play. Americans are beginning to catch on to this as well.

Someone needs to awaken you to the concept that RACE and RACISM is becoming very wolfie as a technique due to the abuses of it by the body politic and various cottage industries making a living parasiting off racism.

Also ...Time warp guilt techniques where someone sticks the public back in a historical time warp to burden them with guilt is also part of the woflie parasite technique. I spot this very quickly when I see it on ATS/BTS and other boards.

I dont know anyone here on this board or others who has ever owned a slave. Why would you or anyone else use such a technique to get over on other people or to assume the moral high ground over them by guilt techniques and education???

We are not interested in this technique or your guilt burden...so many others have overused and overtrodden this method unto today.

I especially agree with what Useless Eaters posts here..

You say, “For me, this premise is at the very heart of this "discussion" concerning Healthcare reform.” So, in other words it’s just a racial issue to you? So to you, to oppose Oboma’ s healthcare reform is to be racist?

Oh, please, please, please, if there truly is something called “God” either strike me dead now, or make me understand why it is impossible for some to accept the idea there are other reasons to oppose the Obama administration than just race.

This is textbook of what I am describing in this post.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 3-9-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

First, not everyone on the right is religious. Secondly, I do not know of anyone on the right going around killing anyone and committing acts of terrorism, nor do I know anyone on the left doing anything like that either.

The topic is about people getting labeled as domestic terrorist for disagreeing with the President on healthcare. I think you have strayed pretty far from what this thread is talking about.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Hello Orangeton,

Guilt politics?

The poor and disadvantaged in the USA, composed primarily of "minorities" (although many poor whites are included in this blanket term), will prove to be the initial primary beneficiaries of an overhaul of the healthcare system. Once this revamped system is in place, everyone will have access to affordable healthcare. No longer will someone simply use a given hospital's emergency room as the source for their primary doctor care...ultimately paid for by folks who have health insurance in the form of higher and higher premiums. Folks such as myself (Cigna here) and I feel, yourself.

Please take note that I used the term "initial" primary beneficiaries. The ultimate, long term beneficiary of these first healthcare system overhaul steps will be, of course, the USA herself and, by extension, our world community.

You and your family have never owned slaves? Good for you! But I ask you this: "If you come upon a traffic accident, do you stop and offer assistance or since you yourself didn't cause the accident, do you simply shrug your shoulders and consider it as being "their" problem?"

Each year charitable organizations feed and clothe the less fortunate worldwide. They (the charities) see a problem...and respond. Well, I see the very same problems they do, and I respond in what I consider as being an "appropriate" manner; my wife, my son and I contribute to several charities annually, and we serve on soup kitchen lines during the holidays. We donate time, clothing and funds when we can. We do these things because we CHOOSE to do them, without any thought whatsoever as to whether or not YOU or anyone else are making similar choices. I certainly don't resent people who seem to choose to look the other way, as though everything in THEIR worldview is just fine. It just may be. I learned long ago (I'm 60 now) that people see only that which they wish to see, and their world is not necessarily an exact duplicate of mine.

There is absolutely nothing in my stated opinions which bears anything resembling politics, unless you choose to interpret it in that manner. And the same goes for the "guilt" you mentioned. You see an appeal in my stated opinion for a display of guilt? Then you're seeing something not placed there by me.

I consider my vote for President Obama this past November to be the singlemost important action I have ever taken to address the problem of healthcare, and thusly, the dire straits of the poorest of our fellow citizens in this country. How will all this play out?

I'll be damned if I know. But I DO know that doing nothing will eventually bankrupt this country's economy, and that countless Individuals and their families will be thrust into ruin and unimaginable hardship...

...and I prefer a future where THAT scenario isn't played out. So I do what I can. Please feel free to do what you want...it's your world as much as it is mine.

Thanks for your thoughts Orangeton.

Good luck.

Mindpeace

“It’s better to light a candle…than to curse the darkness.”
Adlai Stevenson

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
im still waiting for the fruitation of obama's personal civilian military corps... havent heard anything about that since the campaign..

Here you go. I just clipped this from the FAQs at AmeriCorps.gov - Note the battle dress uniform. Battle?

AmeriCorps.gov FAQs

Do AmeriCorps NCCC members wear uniforms?
Yes. You are required to wear a uniform. Uniforms are issued to members when they report to the campus. The uniform colors are gray, black, and khaki. At a minimum, all members will receive the following items:

1. BDU (battle dress uniform) pants--black & khaki
2. Khaki shorts
3. T-shirts (short and long-sleeve)
4. Polo shirts (short and long-sleeve)
5. Hooded sweatshirt
6. Winter parka
7. Steel-toed work boots
8. Baseball cap
9. Fleece vest
10. Coveralls

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>