It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Website: Disagree With Health Care, You're a "Domestic Terrorist"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

ok...my apologies.

i thought this whole healthcare business would mean it would be free. as in what you pay in social security (national insurance for me) would be your payment for treatment. same as it is here in blighty. i had no idea that you would have to pay extra on top.

doesn't make sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
You'd have to be a terrorist to not want a safer more affordable health care option. Almost 80% of foreclosures due to medical costs are people who had health insurance. With the public option none of them would have lost their homes.

You'd have to have lived in a cave for the past 10 years if you think a government run option would be good for anyone. The government couldn't even get water to the Superdome during Katrina and you think they are going to help you if your sick?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
I never said Obama was a robber baron. He is a puppet. I think I have a good idea which white guys control him. Those people should be acknowledged for their deligent pursuit of Eugenics. Healthcare my ....

Okay...President Obama is a "puppet" being controlled by "white guys" that are in "deligent pursuit of Eugenics" via healthcare reform?

I missed that part in the healthcare reform bill.

Don't take offense, but maybe you spend too much time on ATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aaron_Justin
The government couldn't even get water to the Superdome during Katrina and you think they are going to help you if your sick?

We can put a man on the moon? But not water to the superdome?

Some would contend that they could have, but didn't.

Different debate though...and different administration.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

My apologies for Trolling.

I was bad and deserved the warnings!

So to be more constructive, this message is obviously not endorsed by Obama and his administration and as such the thread title is misleading. I clearly place this issue into the category of "fearmongering" on the part of the forces that posted it and those that continue to spread its message.

In our current firestorm of fear we are left to eat the ashes of truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What I want to know is why do these emails constantly ask for donations for???? The campaign is over but the Obama Change logo is still in use as they ask for yet more and more cash to implement his goals. Am I off target on this or does this seem a bit out of order that a sitting POTUS is still having emails sent from HIS WEBSITE, with HIS name on it asking for funds????

Over the past few months, two things have become clear about the fight for health insurance reform:

1. Our opponents will create and spread outrageous lies to try to stop President Obama from creating real change.
2. We just can't count on the media to debunk them.

As President Obama described recently:

If somebody puts out misinformation... then the way the news report comes across is, "Today, such-and-such accused President Obama of putting forward death panels. The White House responded that that wasn't true." And then they go on to the next story. And what they don't say is, "In fact, it isn't true."

So we'll need to double our own efforts to get the truth out. That means more organizers running door-to-door canvases and phone banks to educate our neighbors, more events to spread the word to Congress, and more ads on the air countering the smears. And we'll need the money to pay for it all. Can you chip in to help make it happen?

Please donate

There's no doubt that the facts are on our side. Real reform will bring down costs, create more choices -- including the choice of a public option -- and guarantee access to health care for all of us.

But our opponents' frightening smears can be pretty convincing too -- IF folks don't know that they're false.

Stepping in when the media fails is a daunting challenge -- but this community has already come together and accomplished feats no one thought was possible. We did it for last year's election, and we're already doing it again as Organizing for America. In the three short months since we launched our first organizing drive for health care reform, OFA volunteers have held more than 12,000 events in every part of the country to spread the truth about reform and the need for change.

Together, we can prove that no lie, no matter how scary, is more powerful than an organized group of people determined to get out the truth.

We'll all need to step up -- and right now that means chipping in to make sure we can keep organizing hard to spread the truth and pass real reform in 2009.

Please donate today to get the truth out:

donate.barackobama.com...

Thanks,

Mitch

Mitch Stewart
Director
Organizing for America
Donate

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
1. The title of this post is completely false. This website is not affiliated with Obama, and it certainly IS NOT his "official site". A mod needs to step in and correct the post title or move this post to the HOAX section.

2. No one in the DNC or the president himself is going around using language like "disagree with the health plan and you're a domestic terrorist". No one. That language only came up in one of the federal bureau's (believe it was the FBI) that spoke of right wing militants / protesters could become a domestic terrorist (ala Timothy McVeigh).

3. I would venture to say that whoever put this website up purposely wrote an inflammatory post (borrowing the protesters = terrorists language) to stoke the flames of indignation among the right wing. They could either be an Obama sycophant who has misconstrued Obama's message or they could be a Obama hater planting a false flag. ANYONE, anywhere, can put up a website designed to look official claiming all sorts of affiliations. Use your common sense when looking at these websites, otherwise you'll be a fool falling for every sort of scam and misleading website.

When Obama wants to get a statement out it will go out over his official channels, and official website which ends in a ".gov" domain.

"they could be a Obama hater planting a false flag."

Oh please, give me a break. Yea, it could also be a martian conspiracy to take over planet earth.....but it's not. It's no mystery, like everything else, want to know who done it? Well, cui bono-who does it benefit? Just ask yourself who does it benefit? No, you can't blame this on the, "vast right wing conspiracy". It benefits Obomber and his agenda. Of course he is not going to have somethi ng like this on his website. That would be to open and revealing. It's better to have his mindless cattle supporters to carry out these things for him, this way he can always say, "hey, I wasn't me who caused that it was those guys". If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and benefits the duck, well, maybe it is a duck.

"When Obama wants to get a statement out it will go out over his official channels, and official website which ends in a ".gov" domain."

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Only when Obomber wants to claim responsibility for something or spoon feed the masses with more of his BS slick PR will he use his offical website or offical channels. Everything else will be done in a similar manner as described in the start of this thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

YOU DID NOT post the whole thing way to try to miss direct here.

Registrant:
Obama for America
233 N. Michigan Ave
Suite 1100
Chicago, Illinois 60601
United States

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Does this somehow make this offical?

No, not in the least.

The misdirection belongs elsewhere.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by stratsys-sws

"If my sister gets cancer tomorrow, she'll be treated....regardless of wealth.
If my brother slips a disc in his back tomorrow, he'll be treated, regardless of wealth.
If my niece falls pregnant she'll have anti-natal classes, free baby products, a bed for the birth, post natal care etc etc....regardless of wealth.
If I have a mental breakdown next month, or get severe depression I'll be treated, perhaps for the rest of my life...regardless of wealth.
If I get a chest infection next week, I'll go and see my GP and he'll prescribe anti-biotics, regardless of wealth.
My sister is diabetic and she receives thousands of pounds worth of treatment every year, regardless of wealth! "

Newsflash!!! We all get this too, even without insurance. I myself was treated in the past without insurance. I worked in the ER, and no one was EVER turned away. Don't act like you know what goes on here, you don't live here, all you ever hear and read is America haters spreading their propaganda to turn the world against us, because they want our country to fall.

Of course you get treated, no one is disputing this, but then you get a bill so huge is throws your family into bankruptcy.

Been there, done that, stop acting like the health care in the USA is so great. It is not.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Double post.

My apologies.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

That might not be to far from the truth.

lol

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

it is his CAMPAIGN web site so YES it makes it in my mind pretty official.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sounds to me like alot of us here at ATS are domestic terrorists then. I might just make it official and talk trash about the Fed, the Electoral College and maybe throw in some stuff about how the leaders of this country are no more than whores to anyone with a sack of cash. Oh, wait I already did that.
Its really almost humorous at this point. The former administration lied to the world to start an illegal war and now I am a terrorist because I oppose the health care plan?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Helmkat

it is his CAMPAIGN web site so YES it makes it in my mind pretty official.

Use of Capitol letters does not make you more right.

A post on a Campaign website does not mean that the President saw or approved of the message. One could even believe that the message was not approved as it was quickly retracted and the overzealous indivdual probably admonished. This is sheer speculation of course.

In the end I do not approve of the original message nor its use as proof of a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I just read that the average person will owe $900 in taxes to Uncle Sam
in 2010 for his $4,500 Cash-For-Clunkers trade in. The health reform
package being put forth by Congress includes subsidies to help middle
class people pay for their health insurance. If that amount is taxable
income, millions of people will be in trouble with the IRS when they're
unable to pay their increased tax burden. Kind of scary isn't it!?!

It was just announced that the Prez will address a joint session of
Congress on Wed. 9/9/09 regarding healthcare reform. I sure hope
he doesn't call those who are against his Obamacare bill Domestic
Terrorists.
-cwm

[edit on 2-9-2009 by carewemust]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

caps lock= right at all times I thought you knew this.

well it does not change the fact that this info was posted on his campaign website that belonged to his campaign. I am sure you are right to in the matter of him approving the message. In my mind no one should be using the mans campaign website because well things like this happen this website is and will always remain tied to the president of the united states and when imo silly people post dumb things it just hurts the office of the president imho.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by existenz
reply to post by TheAssociate

i don't understand whats wrong with Healthcare (assuming it's similar to the NHS) when it could be so beneficial to the poor and under privilaged.

Or am I missing somethig here?

You are completely ignoring the history of single payer healthcare in other countries as compared to the quality of what we have now.

The lie from the Obama crowd is that people opposed to single payer, or government provided health care are opposed to health care for everyone. That is political propaganda. Nearly everyone is for reforming health care. Many of us just believe Obamas method is wrong. In fact where single payer is concerned that is currently the majority opinion according to the polls.

Obama is on multiple videos stating that his goal is single payer even if it takes "15 years" to get there.

I agree this is being way overplayed but considering we are talking nearly 20% of the GDP here, it is pretty darn important it not get messed up by extremists and you can easily argue Obama is an extremist based on his list of associates and who he has appointed.

It does not help that nearly all of Obama's appointees and his associates throughout his life are fringe extremists on the far, far left and includes the Pro-Castro/Che crowd. His denials of his documented associations makes the fact he has changed his tune suspect at best.

We are not Racists as all of his flunkies would have you believe and we are not opposed to reforming health care. Many of us, including me are Independents holding no allegiance to any Party and we don't appreciate being called names by Obama's propagandists and people as disturbing as Pelosi.

Many of us also do not believe that this propaganda is happening without Obama's knowledge or consent. Plausible Deniability it is called. He has others do the dirty work so he can deny being involved because he knows how wrong it is. Many politicians on both sides do this.

To understand Obama, read up on his Appointees in his Cabinet and his list of Czars. It will open your eyes to who he really is inside. It just might scare you.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Frankly let the people who put that speak their mind, I was called a "TERRORIST LOVER"
myself, this is how it is now.

This is not an official government WS, this is an opinion of the writer...

Big Burrito

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by eradown
I never said Obama was a robber baron. He is a puppet. I think I have a good idea which white guys control him. Those people should be acknowledged for their deligent pursuit of Eugenics. Healthcare my ....

Okay...President Obama is a "puppet" being controlled by "white guys" that are in "deligent pursuit of Eugenics" via healthcare reform?

I missed that part in the healthcare reform bill.

Don't take offense, but maybe you spend too much time on ATS.

So you think Obama wants all this power for himself? Even though he admits he won't be around when this law takes effect. Pardon me if I see some other hands in this. Maybe you spend too much time defending politicians who will never defend you. God bless you!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join