It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Arrested/Striped/Left Naked By Police After Reporting A Crime

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Its normal. It happens in my county all the time.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
A friend of mine was having problems with her ex. He kept coming around leaving chairs under her windows, sneaking around stealing things, breaking into her shed outside, calling her non-stop threatening her, etc.

She called the cops many times and they would walk around the house and say he's not here now, so, forget about it.

The last time she called the cops went like this.

A cop comes in his cruiser, asks her whats going on and she tells him she looks out her kitchen window and sees her ex peeking around the shed in the back yard. He walks out to the shed, walks around it and walks back to her on the front porch. Says he sees nothing. She says of course not, he took off when he saw you coming. He says, what does he drive and she tells him.

He is pulled over about 5 blocks away from her house where he is asked, have you been messing around you ex's house. He replies, the b#### is crazy, she is constantly trying to get me in trouble. I can't even see my kids without having her blessing. She calls the cops if I change my clothes!

My friend, still standing on her porch, is informed by the cop in the cruiser they have him pulled over. Then things got nasty.

About that time a solid black car, with extremely black tint, pulls up in her driveway. A cop gets out and walks up to the steps to the porch. He says, you know we are about sick of coming over here. We talked to the guy and he says you are just 911 happy.

My friend says, look I am afraid of him and he keeps sneaking around here and all I know to do is call you guys.

The cop says, don't call again, NO ONE BELIEVES YOU!

She looks at the cop in the cruiser, who looks at the ground, then looks at the cop in the black unmarked and says, you sir are an a##hole.

She was yanked by the arm off her front porch. She jerked away from the officer and ran inside grabbed the phone and dialed 911. She told the dispatcher she needed an officer to come control the crazy one that was at her house.

The cop burst in her house, tackled her in her kitchen, handcuffed her and dragged her out of the house (in front of her children who were screaming) put her in his car and took her straight to jail.

Now while she was there she kept asking what she was being charged with and was never answered.

She was held for 13 hours. No phone call. Fingerprinted. Photographed.

A woman in the cell next to her was screaming she needed her medication. The woman who was sitting at the desk kept telling her to shut up. She kept beating and kicking at the door, so the woman at the desk called for some help.

Four MALE cops show up, they all go in, STRIP the woman and leave her in a cell with only a concrete slab. My friend said that while they stripped her she kept screaming, I'll be quiet, don't take off my clothes!!!

After they left her cell she was cring saying please give me something to wear. She was ignored. My friend said all the while male cops kept going to the window to look at her.

She whimpered and then became totally silent. Like I am sure they both will be the next time they need help.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris

That is a horrible story.

It happens all too often.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The motto around here is:

"If you dial 911, SOMEONE is going to jail"

And it is absolutely true.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The video is unsettling to watch, but its not that big of a deal that men where present during the strip search. Those guys could have been gay and the women could have been lesbians. We really don't know. Besides, only a very small percentage of people would enjoy giving an irate woman a strip search. I highly doubt they performed the strip search because they wanted to see her naked.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris

What a sickening story! Ok a ticket for swearing at an officer I can understand, but this crap. Your friend needs a private eye to make up a report regarding the ex; and camera's at home/outside to film his actions. And then go to court for a restraining order.

Or, if allowed, can't she just shoot him? He is an intruder. I am normally not fond of gunst etc. but hey maybe this guy needs a ballistic warning
Maybe a bad idea after all, I don't know.

I don't know about you guys but I see a pattern: women being treated like crap. Like the woman in this story but also the other woman in the cell. And of course the woman in the OP.

And by the by, you can kill your self just by banging your head against a wall!

[edit on 31-8-2009 by QueenofWeird]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OralFixation
The video is unsettling to watch, but its not that big of a deal that men where present during the strip search. Those guys could have been gay and the women could have been lesbians. We really don't know. Besides, only a very small percentage of people would enjoy giving an irate woman a strip search. I highly doubt they performed the strip search because they wanted to see her naked.

It is about respecting the woman! Let's for argument's sake say the police were right about her being undressed (suicide). Why not two female cops and giving her a paper gown?? And why did she have to stay HOURS naked in a cell when she was the one who got assaulted in the first place??
Only because she gave them a wrong ID? What is she had no ID at all on her?

This story needs to get out nationwide. It should be dealt with by the governor that state. Instead of being something we talk about here, with everybody having a opinion.

Again I hope she sues sues sues.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
I hope she sues them big time.

All of the proof is recorded on video.

Yeah man, money can totally replace the trauma. Let's rob people for assaulting us!

[edit on 31-8-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I hate pig cops!
This just proves that you can't even call the cops when you need help because you could become the victim of abuse again after you have been assaulted and if the cops do it to you they will get away with it.
This is just what's to come.
I HATE COPS!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Shouting into the wind here, but what the hey...

This video was horrendous, no if's and's or but's...no excuse for it.

Now having said that...

What are any of you who are so outraged doing about it? Do you participate in local gov't? In watchdog groups? Even the occaisional letter to the editor? Anything?

I had my encounter with the bad side of the police a few years back. Harrasment, being followed asked for ID multiple times, etc... Finally, I asked him why... I was then asked if I had a problem, I said "Yes, Officer, I do have a problem." His response was "you wanna go to jail?" Me, more than a little pissed by now, said "Yes, please, let's go..." He turns around and goes back to his car and leaves... I had name, and badge number, and after several tries, got him fired... Ran into him a couple of years later, he'd become a rent a cop at the Mall...I couldn't help myself, I went over and asked him if he'd harrassed anyone lately? Turned red, and walked away... Game, Set, Match to seagull...

Controlling the "out of control" cops can be done...been there and done it. Firstly, you have to realize that you can't quit, once started you go until all avenues are exhausted...

Some cops are bad ones who should never have been given a badge... Some are incompetent, and should never have been given a badge...

Most are, however, guys and gals doing the best they can...and you never ever hear about them, do you?

Edit to add: This is seagull writing this...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

The above post was me...forgot to make sure it was me logged on...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What i want to know is what kind of mindset must you be in to hear those screams and watch the poor woman struggling yet carry on? Did the woman officers participating in this not even think of themselves being in that sort of situation with men pinning them down,handcuffed and forcefully stripping them naked for no good reason,then leaving them for six hours in a cell? scary stuff indeed.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

That's a very good question...and I hope someone asked her that very thing...

The answer would be interesting to hear.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
cheeeeze. and shes not even black. it says...in the last days mens hearts will harden. Meaning nobody gives a damn anymore. nice. and no i didnt watch the vid because i've seen TOO DAMN MANY OF THEM.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
And they wonder why I call them pigs / swine? And people wonder why I say to harass and intimidate instead of serve and protect?

Another point proved. Case closed.

We had a local story here that set me on fire with rage. Read this:

Back in 2004, Haley Owen Hooper was pulled over by Sevier County deputies looking for the owner of the car she was driving. She says they searched the car without her permission. When she refused to perform a field sobriety test, they took her into custody.

“They arrested me for nothing,” said Hooper, “…I mean, they weren’t even looking for me.”

A female nurse at the Sevier County jail strip searched Hooper. When she refused to provide a urine sample, deputies obtained a warrant for bodily fluids. She offered to give blood but was told by one of the deputies, “in a black cowboy hat,” according to her, that the judge wanted urine. Next step: a male guard stripped her in front of several other male guards. She was held down and a catheter was forced into her.

Now Hooper is suing Sevier County, contending that her civil rights were violated. Her lawsuit says that she “was half-naked, bleeding, and had several male and female strangers watching and participating in the violation of her rights. She was physically and emotionally ill, to the point that she vomited. (Hooper) basically felt as though she had been raped…”

link

The criminal justice system is run by criminals.

Pigs...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

[edit on 31-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Welcome to America, welcome to america. They are doing everything they can to not allow us to leave the country, financially and physically. A police state wants to keep it's people at home and in the dark because it's easier to control them.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I made it to 3 minutes.

I hope those ****ing cops die a horrible, slow painful death.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
just pure sick that males were in the room everyone involved needs to be fired including the sheriff for allowing it to happen pay millions of dollars to this poor woman and pay her counseling bills

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I know good cops and I know bad cops. This is less about police policy, IMO, and more about individual mindset(1), coupled with peer pressure(2) and, I'm sure some delegation of authority(3).

(1) Cops "turn it on". They're trained to go from person to controller in a heartbeat. Trained to take control of the situation in the shortest amount of time possible. Add in the power trip this authority has, the trend in many officers being raised in competitive sports or having military backgrounds or just being "tough guys/bullys and looking to continue that ability into adulthood. Not all officers, but, many.
(2) Cops are on a team. The team supports/reacts to team members "juice" during team play. In my estimation, it smells the same as "Mob Action" being performed by gangs. The adrenaline, the obvious distress of the woman, the power, your fellow teamates assisting and "joining in", so to speak.
(3) There was a shift commander involved in the decisions made by this group of police officers. Like the actions of the ranking officer in the above example (Dark, unmarked car with tinted glass-That's a Shift Commander's Cruiser, I'm sure). His actions are the catalyst for the subordinate officers decisions. You don't disobey an order from a senior officer, do you? Neither did any officer in the above re-telling, nor, in the OP and the video.

All this adds up as "NWO". I hate using the term, but, it's the shortest explaination of the times. This is the world we're shaping. Welcome to the future, because I have no idea how to stop this particular boulder from rolling, myself. I have close friends who are cops. One I have watched since he was a High School Football Player and I believe him when he tells me how he's trained over the years. They are taught to take control. To assess the situation with the worst possible outcome and do what they have to where "gaining control of the situation" is the inevitable outcome and "as quick as possible" is the motivation. The military tactics they are taught to use on citizens. Etc, etc.

It all comes down to keeping a low profile and not requiring the presence of the Police. Lock your doors. Go less than 10 MPH over the speed limit. Walk away from confrontation if at all possible. Think before you act. Keep your head and wits about you. Your survival may depend on it.

Just my $.02

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I am horrendously appalled by this criminal treatment of the woman. If everything that news broadcast said is true, then she was treated as no more than a criminal, and then violated by some of the very same people who have sworn to "Serve and Protect." There is no way that this should ever be allowed to happen again, though it most certainly will.

That being said, it is important that many of you recognize the vividly clear distinction between corrupt or grossly inappropriate officers and the vast majority of those who are employed as police officers throughout the nation. Both my parents have served as police officers for over twenty-five years in addition to two aunts who also work as civilians with the Dallas Police Department.

Growing up, I have been surrounded by police officers; they are nothing like the "pigs" that many of you portray them as. They are mortified when situations such as these occur and absolutely despise that tiny minority that continually tarnishes their name with horrible instances such as this. More often than not, they face utterly ridiculous criticism and lawsuits for "excessive force" that is in many situations more than warranted. For God's sake, they have more than enough rules and regulations that not only restrict and hinder their ability to serve the public, but in some instances, actually endanger their lives.

Make no mistake, I condemn the behavior of individuals such as depicted in the video (if this is indeed the whole story, which I rarely assume is the case in any news broadcast,) but it is most definitely unjustifiable to demonize the police as a whole for the actions of a few.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join