It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Arrested/Striped/Left Naked By Police After Reporting A Crime

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I really don't know what to say.... Already assaulted and then this? I noticed that they are not explaining to her what is going on, they just undress her. Seems also to be very difficult, all hoovering over her.

I hope she will sue and will get millions out of this. I also think that this will scar her forever.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Saw the video and boy was this womans rights soooo violated... And the sheriff clearly lied... He needs to retire... People, please don't lose faith in our justice system. I know things look and get real bad at times, but when we need a police officer in a time of crisis, we are grateful.

But what I did do was look (google) up stark county sheriffs department and I sent an email to the stark counties sheriff's department... I wasn't mean with my email, but again, I called them on what I saw.. Anyway, for all those who are upset, send them an email... If you are worried, about your email being traced, create a google or hotmail account and use that email address...

Say something to them, be civil and suggest that their Sheriff retire now!!!!

Or do what ever, but do something... I also will forward this to the ACLU, not sure but maybe I will...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm a cop and I can't believe what I'm seeing. I'm sure there's more to it than this, but just seeing those two male police officers over that woman just makes me all that much more angry. There is no reason why a male officer should be stripping down a woman of her clothes. Even if the woman was suicidal, which I doubt she was, there are procedures on how to do this without humiliating, embarrassing or violating someone's rights. Hopefully the Sheriff in charge of that Department won't get re-elected. What's even more puzzling is how those officers filed suit against the television station that covered the story.

www.the-review.com...

Oh, and to the guy (your_evidence) who asked "anyone have any leaked pictures without the blur?", son you're in the wrong forum. Wanting to see someone naked in this manner is pretty disgusting. She was violated you pervert, she didn't willingly take her clothes in front of the camera.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It happens.

Most police officers are just moronic.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Suave

man what a relief to hear from a SANE cop. btw i dont think YOUR a pig

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Suave

I'd like to add a thank you for your service to Mr. Suave. Obviously you are one of the good ones.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
Yeah, being stripped searched by at least two male cops after being the victim of assualt. And then left in the cell naked for 6 hours.

Some Help.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree that her treatment for shocking.

I realise I didnt make myself clear. I intended to point out that editing and narration can make a big difference to your opinion of the things you see, even when you think something is certain.

The cops have apparently settled the claim out of court, so they obviously don't have any expanation as you would think.

In the UK they would have used batons and possibly a Taser as well!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Justice would be to have a loved one of each Cop abducted by citizens arrest, and a public video posed of each while they were forcably strip searched by a group of strangers, and locked nude in a cold room.

Then let the word spread through the police state as what will happen.

An eye for an eye.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm sure these kinds of events happen regularly. COPS type of shows regularly show illegal arrests and stops. Hopefully the woman will sue the individuals and the police for this. Good case for a Citizens Grand Jury.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
that f#in disgusts me.
horrible. horrible. horrible.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There are things one can do,but one cannot tell anyone about the things they do,and one must do them things by themselves.

They would notice,but it would not be covered on the local news.

They cannot admit neglect or weakness,but eventually they couldn not deny either.

You cannot use their system to fight them,this is a classic mistake.

I am being purposely vague,if you understand,you know what to do.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

i reckon you would never bother them if someone was breaking into your house or if your child was kidnapped or you saw a murder being committed or your place of business was being robbed

Cops didn't do # when two thugs put a .357 revolver in my dad's stomach and before shot at my sisters and their friends van and followed them to my house. The cops knew where the guys lived and yet nothing happened after that night..... let alone it took waaaay tooo long for them to get there, because they couldn't figure out who juristiction it was. (i live in a suburb of seattle wtf!?)

I'm not a cop hater i know there are plenty of good ones out there BUT the shiz that has been going on with POlice lately is absurd.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Does assault mean sexual assault? It makes a difference. I mean it's bad either way, but if she was raped then her treatment by the police would add much more to her trauma.

Also, why was this woman not given medical treatment?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
These cops definitely went wrong in using men to strip the prisoner. However, they were not necessarily wrong to perform a strip search. In fact, they probably were compelled to perform the search, given the woman's response to the question about harming herself.

The woman was distraught - of course she was, she had just been assaulted. Then she had her deceased sister's ID taken from her, which added to her being upset. Her behavior was enough to get her taken into custody. I'm not sure this was necessary, but then again, I wasn't there to see how this woman was acting. She may have seemed seriously disturbed. Or, maybe the cops overreacted. Without a video of that part, it's impossible to say.

Once in custody, however, the officers had a duty to ensure that this woman could not harm herself. Had they just put her into a cell and left her, and had she then taken out some sort of weapon or drug and used it to kill or injure herself, the cops would have been on the hook for that. They'd have been asked, rightfully so, why they didn't ensure that the woman couldn't hurt herself.

Most of the time they'll take away your shoe laces and belt, sharp objects, stuff like that. Safer for the prisoner and for others, including the cops. If they think someone is seriously disturbed, they may feel it necessary to perform a much more thorough search.

As I said, they probably weren't out of line in performing a strip search, since they had some reason to believe this woman might harm herself. However, they were completely out of line in having any men present during the search. That should never have happened.

Whether they ever asked the woman to remove her own clothing is unknown. Without a video, it's a "he said, she said" sort of thing. But clearly when they decided to use force, the men should have left. The women should have told the men to leave. They were completely wrong for handling it the way they did.

Unfortunately, police are prone to error, just like everyone else. When they goof, however, people can die or suffer severe injuries. Worse yet, sometimes the police get crazed from wielding power. They become dangerous, bullying those who cannot resist. I can't say what we have in this case - power-mad bullies, or just cops who made a seriously bad call. All I can say is, I'm glad it was caught on tape.

This sort of thing has always gone on. Only recently have there been tapes and other records of such events. Finally, the truth is being discovered, and it doesn't always make the police look good.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What strikes me as ironic is all the stupid advertisements on the radio

Call the cops. It's the right thing to do. Don't be afraid of retailiation...blah blah"

Like it is criminals that people are scared of.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is absolutlely disgusting and in-humane.
Somthing should be done about this.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog
Hopefully this victim(basically rape?) has some big bad ass cousins and brothers who find these pigs off duty and serve justice.

Sounds more like a one-person job.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I hope she sues them big time.

All of the proof is recorded on video.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The police disgust me. they are not intellectuals, they often lie to keep themselves clean. I know, ive been arrested and read the police reports and statements.

It takes no intelligence to become a police officer, you can take offense to that, I dont care but all of the police ive delt with. they are just dumbass jocks, but now their jersey reads "police" instead.

When i was arrested the cop in the car didnt even know how to fill out the witness report, he was asking the other cop, "whats this mean?". You think thatd be covered in training.

Oh and at the station when i was printed electronically, it took the idiot an average of 10 tries per print, (5 fingers, palm of hand, writing side of hand, hand print). then he had to do it for the other hand.

I was arrested for graffiti charges and i said to him, you guys should go back to ink, ive got some in my backpack.

----

they strip searched her because she ask for clearification on a question asked of her. Thats why its better to just lie to the police, half of them are too stupid to realize it anyways.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by epitaph.one]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...btw, since you're a cop hater, i reckon you would never bother them if someone was breaking into your house or if your child was kidnapped or you saw a murder being committed or your place of business was being robbed...

... or you were assaulted. Then the cops respond to your call and proceded to confiscate your dead sisters ID, arrest you, and then afterwards strip you naked for being "suicidal"? Just some tough love I guess right? Poor cops, just good guys trying to do their job.

Give me a break, moron.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join