It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times - racist attacks on white Americans and just plain old bias

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

"One of the worst things to happen to this country, at this time in history, was the selection of someone non-white. I say this because many in this country are blind racists, sheltered, oblivious to the struggles of others, have a limited mental capacity and hide under the veil of patriotism to spew their hateful rhetoric."

You really do need to graduate from these race based arguments. There really is more to life than just race. You need to take a good look at exactly who is spewing their hateful rhetoric. (hint) again.....it is those who are racially concious. There also is where you will find, "limited mental capacity"

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Ah... Racism... good old racism.

You do realize that this has nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with control, right?

Republicans vs Democrats?

No.... Giant Corporate control system 1 vs Giant Corporate control system 2.

They are not playing the race card because there is a perceived racial bias, they are doing it because it is the easiest way to divide and conquer.

Both side of the political spectrum are DESIGNED to be diametrically opposed... that is their PURPOSE.

You cannot lump EVERY SINGLE ISSUE into red and blue, black and white, etc...

Life is GREY, a gradient of opinions, methedologies, and ideologies.

The purpose of interjecting accusations of racism into a political debate is not equality... it is INEQUALITY.

Keep looking at Skin color, instead of Bank account size....

Right where they want you.

-Edrick

Yea, yea, I know all that. Still it doesn't give the liberals a license to tell the whoppers they do without even being challenged. Besides, I am not looking at skin color. Thought I made that clear.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

Yea, yea, I know all that. Still it doesn't give the liberals a license to tell the whoppers they do without even being challenged. Besides, I am not looking at skin color. Thought I made that clear.

er... my POINT, is that crying racism is a defense to a un-defensible position.

If you can defend your position... simple, you defend it using logic, reason, etc...

If you CANT defend your position, you scream Racism.

IT is a logical Fallacy called an: "Ad Homenim Attack"

Instead of debating, it is an attempt to slander your opponent, and confuse the issue.

Attacks of this kind are the clearest indication of blatant Fallacy.

Typically, when one resorts to shaming, blaming, etc... it is because their position is not defensible by reason or logic or common sense.

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Exactly,.....that's why I never scream racism!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters
reply to post by EMPIRE

"One of the worst things to happen to this country, at this time in history, was the selection of someone non-white. I say this because many in this country are blind racists, sheltered, oblivious to the struggles of others, have a limited mental capacity and hide under the veil of patriotism to spew their hateful rhetoric."

You really do need to graduate from these race based arguments. There really is more to life than just race. You need to take a good look at exactly who is spewing their hateful rhetoric. (hint) again.....it is those who are racially concious. There also is where you will find, "limited mental capacity"

Before you suggest I "graduate" from what you define as "race based arguments", it would be best if you actually educate yourself in the areas of race relations and institutional deviance. You need to take a second look at who is spewing their hateful rhetoric, who has done so for the last several hundred years, and who has either benefited directly or indirectly from such madness.

Some who are "racially conscious" may be have limited mental compacities, but I will not go as far as to imply that all do, or that being racially conscious is a bad thing. In the end, it depends on how it is used, and this is something you need to address before you continue posting about the subject. With that being said, why don't you list your definition of racial conscious or tell us in what context you're using the phrase. Meanwhile I have a question for you, if a non-white child spends 10+ years in our education system learning about White History and Eurocentric values, would he or she be wrong for later becoming racially conscious?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

"Racially concious" is pretty much self explainatory. Those who are concious of their race to the point of all importance.

There is more to education than white European History. I can only imagine the outcry should someone be excluded from white European History. The fundamentals of learning, (called the 3 Rs) Reading, writing and arithmatic cannot be race bated. I cannot even imagine someone not wanting their kids to learn these, regardless of their degree of racial conciousness.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

"Racially concious" is pretty much self explainatory. Those who are concious of their race to the point of all importance.

There is more to education than white European History. I can only imagine the outcry should someone be excluded from white European History. The fundamentals of learning, (called the 3 Rs) Reading, writing and arithmatic cannot be race bated. I cannot even imagine someone not wanting their kids to learn these, regardless of their degree of racial conciousness.

No, "racially conscious" is not self explanatory, as it can denote an awareness of ones culture, ethnicity and the contributions they've made. There is nothing logical to suggest that all who are racially conscious regard their race to the point of all importance. Moreover, one can be racially conscious and possibily experience class disparities or friction within the same racial group. If you were to study the relationships between upper and lower class African Americans, you would see what I'm referring to.

Yes, there is more to education than White history and Eurocentric values, but what is most taught in American school systems? You mentioned the three R's, something most Americans would benefit from learning, but can you explain to me why standardized tests are more geared towards Whites as opposed to Asians, African Americans or Latinos/Mexicans? Can you tell anyone here why Shakespeare is required reading, why one must know about Mozart, why Einstein is deified in almost every science class, and how this form of teaching has contributed to racial problems in America? Moreover, I see you've failed to answer the question posed to you so I'll ask it again.If a non-white child spends 10+ years in our education system learning about White History and Eurocentric values, would he or she be wrong for later becoming racially conscious?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yup: Don't remember me telling you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not the races; though it might have been the ones who tie cats tails together and throw them across clotheslines enough noW..

Edit to add: I am white and my black room mate is fast asleep on the couch oblivious to me on comp. It is also common sense that they could get me any gun I want; not just the legal kind that are for sissies.

That's not a, "remark" it's a fact that has allready been considered by the elite. Tie the cats tails together and throw them across the clothesline.

Now back to the news.

Thank you.

No consequencE..

[edit on 31-8-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The black protesters are not on point they fail to see that the Latinos are taking there place let the blacks and Latinos fight it out now LOL

The Whites are smart and will pick what fight they want to win we dont go for race baits LOL LOL HA HA LOL, just wait till 9-12 honey bunny LOL hahahahahahah

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

No, I can’t tell you why, "standardized tests are more geared towards Whites as opposed to Asians, African Americans or Latinos/Mexicans" because they are NOT geared towards whites. 2+2 is going to equal 4 no matter what color of skin your wearing or standardized test you are given. So, get over it already, not everything is a racial conspiracy. Everything does not begin with a racial motive behind it.

Lets leave Asians and Mexicans out of it. They aren’t the ones claiming those who don’t back obama are racist. It's common knowledge, as well as statistical knowledge the Asian students do quite well in this system you claim is so "geared towards the whites". Wonder why? maybe it's because they have a genuine interest in learning something and don't consider themselves as being in victim mode screaching, "discrimination" at every opportunity.

Many of us do not approve of having to study Shakespeare, Mozart, or Einstein. But to claim the study of these contributes to racial problems is just plain goofy and serves to demonstrate the point I am making that everything is not reducible down to just a racial issue. There is more to life than just race.

If your that concerned with the causes of “racism” in this country, a good place to start would be the self appointed spokesmen for the black race, (yourself included). I don’t think I have ever heard any of these spokesmen give black people no credit for anything other than being a victim. Junior wants to know about his heritage, what does he find when he listens to one of you self appointed spokesmen, he learns he is a VICTIM, someone who has been dumped on. It’s always the same, it’s always VICTIM, VICTIM, VICTIM, His past is a story of him being a VICTIM, his present is being a VICTIM, his future is being a VICTIM. It's all just one big story of how he and his race have been dumped on. Yes, "a mind is a terrible thing to waste". If you had any idea of the poison you inject into a young mind every time you preach this hopelessness, this victim logy, you would no longer do it. This kind of talk is guaranteed to destroy a young mind before it even begins to grow. It will kill self respect, and create a criminal. You simply cannot have much respect for the black man if all you can see him as is a VICTIM. It's really to bad the so called black leaders have such a low opinion of their brothers, they see nothing positive and it is they who believe the black man is not equal to the white

As the late, great, Booker T Washington once said, “You cannot keep a man down without yourself staying down” So, before you accuse the white man of all this, take a look at who is really keeping the black man down, and who is staying down with him. I am a white man and I do not see the black man as a hopeless VICTIM. Rather than trying to make the white man responsible for all the ills of the black race, listen instead to some of these self appointed spokesmen for the black race, the Al Sharptons and Jessie Jackson’s. The only time you will ever hear from them is when the are telling black people they are hopeless VICTIMS. The only thing that brings them to life is when they can see an opportunity to accuse someone or something a “racist”. Otherwise they are quite comfortable living under a rock. Sharpton and Jackson are racially conscious. MOF their race is the only thing they are truly conscious of.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by useless eaters]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It looks like Katie Couric is getting in on the sophomoric idiocy.

www.cbsnews.com...

At a town meeting hosted by Senator Arlen Specter, a Pennsylvania resident stood up to say that the health care debate has "awakened the sleeping giant." Not exactly.

What's it's done, it seems, is stirred a hornets nest, and uncovered disturbing attitudes and emotions that have nothing to do with policy.

Are we really still debating health care when a man brings a handgun to a church where the President is speaking?

How does a swastika spray-painted on a Congressman's office further a discussion about Medicare?

These are tough and challenging times and lots of people are scared about their jobs and the economy. But we can't let fear and frankly ignorance -- drown out the serious debate that needs to take place -- about an issue that affects the lives of millions of people.

You gotta love how these so called "journalists" get all hot and flustered when someone is protesting policies they agree with. The one positive thing about all of this is how its showing these partisan propagandists for what they are.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Maybe if the Republicans and right-wingers in general didn't have a long and well-documented history (and present, for that matter) of preaching hate, they wouldn't be a target for allegations of racism.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

"I love being called a racist white extremist. So since I don't want to pay another red cent in taxes I shall be labeled a terrorist? So what about all those people on welfare?"

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

Maybe if the Republicans and right-wingers in general didn't have a long and well-documented history (and present, for that matter) of preaching hate, they wouldn't be a target for allegations of racism.

What are you talking about? What "long history"? Its democrats that were the racists in the past. Robert Byrd a Democrat, was a grand dragon!

You're another victim of MSM revisionist propaganda.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by milesp

What are you talking about? What "long history"? Its democrats that were the racists in the past. Robert Byrd a Democrat, was a grand dragon!

You're another victim of MSM revisionist propaganda.

Sure there were plenty of racist Democrats back in the day. One could argue that it really was a North/South issue more so than a Republican/Democrat one though. The signing of the civil rights act in 64 was really the point in time when the Democratic party decided to abandon the Dixiecrats.

But since the civil rights act at least, it's not that hard to tell which party has catered to conservative white voters.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yenko13
The black protesters are not on point they fail to see that the Latinos are taking there place let the blacks and Latinos fight it out now LOL

That is more of a reality than anything. While the African-American population stays around 14%, the Latino population will by pass them and hit 30%. I will be around 74 years old by then.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Ya and is everyone forgetting that the president is HALF white and HALF black?! not to mention his BLACK father split when he was little, in true fashion..and was raised and loved by his WHITE family....AND put through Harvard by his WHITE family!

So i don't see how he would feel any animus toward whites in general.

Its not Obama's fault..although i DO loathe him, to his credit it isn't him its the media and people that cause this racism beneath the surface...after all he's half white.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by milesp

"I love being called a racist white extremist. So since I don't want to pay another red cent in taxes I shall be labeled a terrorist? So what about all those people on welfare?"

Perhaps if the liberals didn't have a well documented history and reputation for furthering the Marxist, Communist, agenda, they might one day be trusted with factual information. Guess who the American Communist Party always supports? No, it's not the republicans.

The former Russian Communists refered to the American liberals as "useful idiots". Useful because they served the Communist cause, idiots, because they were to stupid to know it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Its hardly new. They've been doing it for the last 18 months. If you don't support Obama, the only possible reason is racism. As I said in another thread, ridicule, and in this case, name-calling, is much easier than arguing the facts. And they dare call the opposition 'ignorant'?

Oh well. At this point, the media has exposed its bias so much that they're only preaching to the choir. Everyone else has left them. One look at their financial statements provides evidence of that.

That is so true, Vor! That is very dangerous, to say that if you don't support Obama, you're a racist, etc. It's very tricky. That is like a form of control, mind control, etc. Very Hitler, Nazi stuff! To say that Obama is an untouchable, because if you don't like everything that he says or does, then you're labeled a "racist"! It's so true, and people are really sick of the race card. That "politically correct" garbage will destroy America. Does anyone even listen to the commie, liberal, antichrist news media anymore? I stopped listening a long time ago!
Great post, vor!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Perhaps if the liberals didn't have a well documented history and reputation for furthering the Marxist, Communist, agenda, they might one day be trusted with factual information. Guess who the American Communist Party always supports? No, it's not the republicans.

The former Russian Communists refered to the American liberals as "useful idiots". Useful because they served the Communist cause, idiots, because they were to stupid to know it.

It's no secret, least of all to themselves, that liberals have leftist tendencies.

Way to state the obvious.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "they might one day be trusted with factual information." If you mean "they might one day be trusted with PROVIDING factual information" your statement might make sense.

The New York Times certainly has a slightly liberal bent, but I would hardly call it Marxist or Communist. But hey, in a liberal democracy, with freedom of the press it's the paper's prerogative to decide how they present the news.

One thing I will say about the paper is that they at least present the news with a degree of sophistication that tabloids like the conservative New York Post don't.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The whole Obama thing will be debated by Sociology scholars for years. People of all color came together and elected him president, but then when there is opposition to his policy it's being perpetrated by people who are angry and white. LOL

Me, personally, I have never taken offense to being referred to as white.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join