It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PARA: Why Do So Many Believe In 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Back in 1974, a friend returned from a trip to Italy and mentioned 'there are only a few popes left '

At the time, it all seemed so far away with a buffer of decades in between 1974 and predicted End Times

Time flies and here we are, supposedly on our second-last pope

Back in 1984, a world-reknowned healer and general all-round guru grabbed my hand, studied it a moment and said, 'You have the same markings as I do. It means you'll be here at the end '

I pulled my hand back and said I didn't want to be here at any 'end'. He shrugged and said there was nothing that could be done about it

Father Malachi is claimed to be quite accurate. If so, it's not looking good. But I wonder sometimes if the 'predictions' are written after the fact, in order to lend credibility to those relating to the future.

After all, if TPTB are setting the scene for an 'alien invasion' to coincide with the London Olympics (as Rik Clay suggested) and if they're intent upon creating a Rupture and world's end scenario, it wouldn't be difficult for them to produce 'ancient' prophets' predictions and slip them into the mainstream over a period of 40 or 50 years, claiming they'd been written several centuries earlier.

Within my own lifetime, Nostradamum went mainstream in the 70s. They produced a number of sensationalistic and alarming tv-specials at that time which scared me, to be honest. Scared a lot of people. A grandmother killed her two grandchildren around that period, rather than have them suffer the catastrophes predicted in those Nostradamus shows.

Having survived the 'nuclear holocaust' period, the imminent threat of 'communistic USSR', the Bay of Pigs, repeated near-misses from reportedly 'killer impacts from space', the Millenium end-times predictions, predicted 'Islamic Terrorist' bomb attacks after 9/11, the 'Anthrax' scares, etc. I'm getting a bit shock-proof, I suppose, despite reading about the Mayan Long Calendar way back 20 to 30 years or more ago.

All the way through, various people have attempted to explain that the Mayan connection to 2012 didn't literally mean 'world's end' but simply the end of a cycle to be followed by a new one. But 2012 has grabbed popular imagination due to forums like this one, meaning we'll just have to see when the time comes

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Back in 1984, a world-reknowned healer and general all-round guru grabbed my hand, studied it a moment and said, 'You have the same markings as I do. It means you'll be here at the end '

What was his name, or link to a page about him.

Is he still alive, I have a feeling he isn't then it would make him a liar, because he didn't even live to it. Just saying.

Also, what happens, if this pope dies, then the next emerges, and he dies.. then gasp. Another comes, what happens then, do we discredit malachi. I would, but i'm sure their is a Imam, who will/has come up with a similar prophecy, less myopic then our time.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The trouble is if lots of people were saying "something awful is going to happen in 2012 - such is the prediction", then you may get others, who want to try to see it fulfilled, and do whatever is required to make the prediction come true. Personally, I'm skeptical, but nonetheless, 2012 is the date that is most talked about and you do have to just wonder for a moment at least.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I thoroughly enjoyed reading what you said and your work gave me much food for thought.

As to the possibility that something big is going to happen? I am somewhat confused and thus still on the fence as there is so much literature on the subject. Yet reading all this literature it seems to have me chasing my tail over and over until I just end up exhausted from the depth of it not to mention the quantity. Sadly the problem with so much quantity is that a lot of it comes down to personal interpretation and some of it is put out into the public domain in a less than qualitative way.

There is also so much that becomes so far out and weird that I end up chasing that tail again. Note I am not slamming quantity as I love reading.

I find the data gained from web-bots to be of great interest and from their findings it does seem to me that something is in the air and something big is about to happen but that said I am pragmatic in that I have to see something, touch it to believe it is so. Though I have an open mind there is still that level of doubt because at the end of the day it is simply words on a screen or media in a player.

At least one thing is certain. We do not have much longer to wait to see if these prophecies have a ring of truth to them. Till then I keep an open mind and will keep reading all I can regarding this fascinating subject.

Great work BTW and s&f for a great read

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I think the reason you believe in 2012 is that you are desperate and in a hopeless situation. The easiest way for you to ahem.. to avoid the bad truth is to fall in the good illusion of 2012 and cie. My post is nothing personal, it is for all pro 2012: whatever you believe, it aint happening. Try to learn from history FFS. I replied to you coz of 2 reason: you did some interesting threads and coz its almost sad to see how you REALLY underestimate the situation. Just think about it with common sense: you believe in something that never happened, that is in kind of "magic", without any proofs but your beliefs (that is like nothing), dont you find this pathetic? You are underestimating things coz you are building a wall around you, a wall called 2012 madness that prevent you from seeing and thinking clearly, what a waste.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by _damon]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by _damon]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Re 2012 - nowhere in the Bible will you find "2012" - not the printed date. BUT, if you read and study the Scriptures, you will see that the Bible does everything BUT write it out in black and white.

The earlier poster is correct in that the pole shift has been happening - the 12-21-2012 is merely when it caps out.

If you need proof that the shift is in progress, look no further than the current increase in earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.

What causes an earthquake - the shifting of plates within the Earth.

What does a pole shift cause - shifting plates within the Earth - as the Earth slows its rotation, the plates are moving/shifting.

As the planet's rotation slows, it is also affecting the weather up above - the slowing is working directly against the moon cycles which is causing "universal chaos" in the skies.

Animals/mammals, etc rely on the moon cycles and earth's rotation to determine their migration route.

Notice how many whales, dolphins and other ocean critters are intentionally beaching themselves? Notice how when the rescue orgs take them back out to sea, they are choosing to turn around and beach themselves again?

Notice the strange sound of birds singing before the sun comes up? Their internal systems are being mixed up - because of the planet's rotation slowing. Their systems can't distinguish night from day.

All of this is a direct result of the pole shift.

If you read Daniel and Revelation, you will read, in detail, about what this pole shift is going to bring, and cause to our planet, and to us. And again, no, you won't find the word "2012" or "pole shift" in there.

Am I just relying on 2012 and the parts of the Bible that discuss earthquakes (the likes no man has seen, or ever will see)?
Nope - EVERYTHING is aligning up now -

Sure, the world has always had its 'doomsday prophets' - and those people were, obviously, mistaken. They are what I call 'trigger happy' Christians - ones who, when a seemingly serious crisis breaks out, they automatically assume it must be the end of the world. But what those Christians failed to notice was that not ALL of the prophetic signs were being filled.

But today? They are happening so quick it's difficult to keep up with.

God gave us His Bible for guidance, as well as a 'warning', for lack of a better word.
He has laid out the signs that will be seen right before He returns to Earth. But because of this last generation, and the "scientists" and their continual attempt at debunking God, there are billions of people that are being very much deceived.

Who is behind this?

You can blame it on the Illuminati, the CFR, or whoever - but behind all of them you will find satan - doing what he does best - deceiving God's children in any way he can find to deceive them.

If you read nothing else in the Bible, read the stories of Noah, and Lot in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Because that is the exact same scenario that God tells us will be happening right before He returns.

This last generation - 40 yrs old and younger - have been dealt a bad hand. They have been raised up with the 'new age' parents who told them to question God, and/or choose to reject Him.

I've noticed in the last two decades, "science" has crept into this generation's minds. I.e. if science can't explain it, it isn't true.

If you do your research, you'll understand, and discover, that science most certainly does prove the case for Christ - and everything in the bible.

If your mind is closed to understanding, you won't. You have to seek God AND His teachings, sincerely, or He won't allow you to understand.

Personally, I think that is the coolest literary accomplishment I've ever seen.

Just my .02 cents.

p.s. if you want to prove to yourself that the earth is slowing, get an older battery operated clock - or an older electric one. Just make sure it's old enough that it doesn't have that 'auto synch' feature on it that keeps the time with the world clock - your pc's time is set by this clock.

I bought one of those 5 dollar Walmart battery operated wall clocks - and I've been comparing the time on it to my pc clock for about the last 7 or 8 months.

In the first week, I noticed almost a minute difference.

This many months later? The difference is now at 8 full minutes.

This is what's causing our numerous earthquakes.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And before anyone says it - you can't discuss 2012, or at least what it's going to bring to the planet, without tying it in to the Bible.

I know people say "I want an answer without dragging religion into it".

Understand that "religion" has absolutely nothing to do with God - or the Bible.

"Religion" was created by, you guessed it, MANKIND, in his always continual need to create competition and greed among the masses.

God is God - He created us and the universe. He gave us His laws.

Then mankind came along and decided to start separating people into lit'l "religious" groups. I.e. Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, etc.

Sorta like the Dems vs Repubs - blacks vs whites - gay vs straight - Ford vs Chevy - left wing vs right wing, men vs women..........etc. Sigh.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Before I forget, and if anyone is interested - I have a really neat lit'l freebie program installed on my Firefox - it's called "eQuakeAlert".

It runs in the background, with only a tiny planet icon at the bottom of your Firefox browser. When an earthquake occurs, wherever on the planet, my browser, yep my browser, sshhaakkeesss.

I then go to the lit'l round red icon, right click and it tosses up a small menu that tells you where and the scale.

I have mine set to where it will only shake on 5.0 quakes and above.

My browser started shaking like crazy during my last post - so it reminded me.
Fyi, earthquake just occurred Fox Islands, Alaska - 5.1

Check it out - it's a freebie.

eQuakeAlert

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hey, I'm Anthony, and I'm here to tell you, that 2012 isn't the end of the world (not even close)

but really 2012 is the start of a great change, that you couldnt have possibly guessed, unless your good at guessing (or you can see the future)

I will only give you hints, but it involes evolution, aliens, and new techgnoly

now let those 3 things strom your mind for awhile

ps human beings also need to be at peace, no wars, or hating eachother due to skin color or relgion, we are all the same remeber that

and when "aliens" come dont treat them differntly, treat them like they are long lost friends you havnt seen in a long time (because if anything they are more people then we are people) so lets all go with equaltiy

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Why Do So Many Believe In 2012?

2012; The Cycle - Why Everything You've Heard Is Bogus P.1

2012; The Cycle - Why Everything You've Heard Is Bogus P.2

The above videos were created by me. They will tell you the true reason why we believe in 2012 or in other words, we buy into these end of the world theories.

My short answer is; Because we want to. We have so many questions to ask, and we've not truly answered any of them. We don't know why we're here, but what concerns us more is, when wont we be here? We believe in these theories because we partially want to answer our question "When wont we be here?".

[edit on 23-2-2010 by The Protector]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
For all we know the end can be tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

There is no logic that I can see that this will happen, but in case it does, I am pulling for The Hopi Indians of Arizona theory. This world is in desperate need of purification.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Why Do So Many Believe In 2012?
Everyone needs something to believe in. Also there is over 70 different prophecies basily saying the same thing.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
People believe it will be the end of the world, which is actually the possible end of mankind, because that is when there is a major shift in the tectonic plates.

They believe that is will disrupt the environment as a whole, creating giant holes, erupting volcanoes, and depressurization that will create adverse weather conditions.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The Real Cause of Global Warming (maximum emmisions activity 23/12/2012)

After reading this article Scientists Now Know: We're Not From Here! and learning that it seems our
sun will be crossing the ecliptic which will be aligned also with the milky way galaxy at around 2012 just like the Mayan calender portrays.

Here is a full view of the sky at noon on December 21st, 2012 A.D. The band of the Milky Way can be seen stretching from the lower right to the upper left. The more or less vertical dotted line indicates the Galactic Equator. The planets can be seen tracing a roughly horizontal path through the chart, indicating the ecliptic. The sun, quite strikingly, is dead center in the Sacred Tree. Let's look closer.

The field is now reduced from a horizon-to-horizon view to a field of 30 degrees. Part of the constellation of Sagittarius can be seen in the lower left portion of the chart. The planet in the middle-to-upper left portion of the chart is Pluto, which rarely travels directly along the ecliptic. The center square near the sun is placed on the Trifid Nebula (M20). According to the star chart I used, this nebula is very close to the crossing point of Galactic Equator and ecliptic. However, a small star (4 Sgr) is even closer; it sits right on the Galactic Equator and its declination is only 00 .08' below the ecliptic. Let's look closer at these features.

source

This entails our Sun will be at maximum solar capacity which leads me to believe that this could be the cause to our so called global warming.

This video also explains the Sun's Solar Maxim cycle when the Sun will go into maximum missions activity. Also more evidence leading to our ever so concerning Global Warming problems.

It seems that this is the real reason for global warming since higher energy levels of the Milky Way are almost certain to cause our Sun to burn hotter and emit higher energies. Temperatures have been seen to rise on virtually all the planets in our system. This seems quite apart from any local phenomenon like greenhouse gases etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
2012 is just a legend of the United States

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
it just seems to be something so fundamental to our nature to believe that something, anything, the end, a new beginning, is, 'just around the corner.' At least a few amongst us have been shouting, "The end is drawing nigh!" for the last 2 thousand years or so...probably longer.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
i can just imagen plenty of poeple in the world a week before 2012 doing stupid stuff and taking everyhting out of control, causing trouble etc spending everything because they think they will die..then nothing happens and theyve got nothing... :S

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Everyones mind is stuck in the Y2K when comparing to 2012.

Of course its a riddle. However, most cannot see with spirit eyes. I appear mentally insane but you should see how you appear to us.

edit on 21-1-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
1) Nostradamus is sh1t. Don't even listen to that highly ambiguous BS.
2) The Maya Long Count Calendar is a sophisticated machine. How man created this 5,000+ years ago is a mystery.
3) It has astronomical & mathematical principles not known until 4,000+ years later by Kepler.
4) The Calendar predates the Mayan civilization by 1,000+ years... meaning they did not even build it.
5) At 3,000 BC (when this artifact was created) there was definitely something going on that involved extremely advanced technology all around the world...even "atomic wars" of antiquity between "gods" were recored in Indian Vedas & there's physical proof www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
6) The Long Count is a machine--the intricacy of it something no primitive savage 5k yrs ago could create (fvck, even nowadays they'd need a whole team of top notch brainiacs, sculptors & computers to do it). www.latinamericanstudies.org...
2.bp.blogspot.com...

What do the Maya have to say about the calendar given to them?

Short answer: Extra-terrestrials aka "men of wisdom" returning to lead us to a new age. Which I believe, based off #2-6 & would bet my life on after much research. Also if you keep an eye on the news and media, you'd notice in the last 2 yrs there has (or will be, by end of 2011) 28 alien movies (I will list below) & 3 alien TV series...Two of which ("V" and "The Event") were funded in part by a large contribution by the US Pentagon www.ufo-blogger.com... & There's been a lot of disclosure based off the Vatican (even the Pope) saying it's 'ok' to believe in ETs, Brazil, Mexico's air force supporting UFO existence, England releasing UFO files, & next week a world business meeting in Saudi Arabia that will be discussing UFO/ET activities & their effects on business competition & redistribution....

edit on 21-1-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

Alien movies 2009-2011...

The Event (Series)
V (Series)
Alien movies: 2009-2011
Skies,
Super 8,
Battle: Los Angeles,
I Am Number Four,
Cowboys and Aliens,
Monsters,
Skyline,
Men in Black III,
The Thing,
Battleship,
Iron Sky,
Predators,
Aliens in the Attic,
District 9,
Knowing,
Monsters Vs Aliens,
Planet 51,
Princess of Mars,
Race to Witch Mountain,
The Fourth Kind,
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen,
Transmorphers: Fall of Man,
Under the Mountain,
Megamind,
Monsters,
Transformers: The Dark side of the Moon,
Mars Needs Moms,
Paul...
edit on 21-1-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join