It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PARA: Why Do So Many Believe In 2012?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I kind of thought, that this video put it pretty well, I have alot of respect for Tyson.

unfortunately mr Tyson is not coming forward with any reassurance regarding whats happening around

cant blame him , he is human after all

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Shortly in our future there is a prophesized event at the end of the year 2012 on December 21st.

The 2012 date comes from the Mayan long count calendar. There are no Mayan prophecies associated with that calendar.

It is the sheer amount of prophecies stating in some fashion or another that at the end of the year 2012 something is going to happen. The prophecies state different occurrences for December of 2012, ranging from good to bad and they originate from many places, ancient civilizations to religious scripture to computer programs to people.

All of the claimed prophecies are new inventions by hoaxers beginning in the 1980s. There are no ancient prophecies unless the 1980s are considered ancient.

The Hopi prophecy appears to be new. It does not appear to be older than the 1950s. The only connection made between the Hopi prophecy and 2012 is by people trying to find something regardless of how disconnected it is. Malachi and Nostradamus do not mention 2012, but the shoehorning is there as well. Then there is TMZ which was purposely orchestrated to fit with the Mayan calendar to give it some sort of air of authenticity. Then comes webbot that has rather poor predictions no better than the flip of a coin.

Just because a lot of noise is being made doesn't make this any more real or less real.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

the fact he "forgot" to mention was that, our solar system in fact is going to be perfectly aligned with the horizontal center of our galaxy. which will ultimately bring on great changes through civilization and society as a whole.

That actually happened in 1998 and as you can see nothing happened.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

The Mayans borrowed from the Olmecs.

3) It has astronomical & mathematical principles not known until 4,000+ years later by Kepler.

Can you tell us what these are? I find this claim a little hard to believe.

5) At 3,000 BC (when this artifact was created) there was definitely something going on that involved extremely advanced technology all around the world...even "atomic wars" of antiquity between "gods" were recored in Indian Vedas & there's physical proof

What artifact was created? Are you connecting day 1 of the long count calendar to a particular object?

6) The Long Count is a machine--the intricacy of it something no primitive savage 5k yrs ago could create (fvck, even nowadays they'd need a whole team of top notch brainiacs, sculptors & computers to do it).

The diagram you linked to is connected to what exactly? Canyou tell us the artifact, because I think this is a drawing based on a hoax video of a nonexistent device used in the video to visualize how different Mayan calendars are related.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Showing that nonsense is nonsense is good. He does it well. Why should he make any effort to provide predictions?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Neil deGrasse Tyson is a highly respected astrophysicist and awesome speaker. We hope to bring him out to the Pacific Northwest next year, not because it's 2012 but to speak!
I'm an amateur astronomer of some 40 years experience. I was asked about Planet X, Niburu, about 10 years ago by some Czech engineers. I researched and discovered the whole 9 yards of crap that Zachariah Sitchin has been spewing in his many books. Sitchin is worse than a snake-oil salesman because he has gotten naive members of the public genuinely worried. Other scammers have jumped on the bandwagon with doomsday books and presentations to the public that are blatantly false.
We need to be actively teaching people critical thinking constantly. Please consider the source of everything and whether it makes sense! If it is just one or a few scientists in a peer reviewed paper stating results that other scientists have been unable to duplicate, then most likely these few are wrong. This is the scientific method.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

You put my mind at ease, I really wanted to see the world end... Sooo cool!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join