It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKY News UFO Footage from Pontefract Conference 09

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well after reading the 18 page thread the only thing I really took out of it was that there are no oil tankers in Turkey as the 2 people posting from Turkey have claimed. At least not where the footage was taken from.

Very interesting to see everyone still claiming CGI even though the experts have claimed otherwise. Clearly this is a case of their experts once again being incompetent. Maybe they could borrow some of 'our' experts? You know the ones from ATS.

But then again even without cgi this could have been hoaxed with a model so I'm just going to take the easy route and sit on the fence with this one after all I already believe in such things as other life out there and don't need to watch a video to make me believe.

Hope you guys will continue to discuss this on this thread as it hasn't been too tainted with the believers vs sceptics arguments that seem to just go in circles.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

This is a current video, (this year) and shows the same vehicle as the last years and is somewhat clearer than the older video. It is from Turkey and by the same people and the format is also the same,and the dating should be ignored. This footage should already be on ATS somewhere under UFO's. I don't remember anyone remarking CGI, (not neccessary for this vid) the camera is on full zoom, so if you wish to debunk, it is a small object across the room. On the other hand it could be exactly what it seems to be, an object in the sky at full zoom. The older videos had the Moon in view as well. There are plenty of views on this thing, but so far no real definitive debunk ie; hoax.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-8-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thank you smurfy

I was commenting about the thread that Askbaby linked. The 18 page one he was pointing people to even had a movie special effects guy(rockisrock or something) saying it was outright cgi.

Now your link takes me to loads of other threads.

Does the reading ever stop?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
For me, these are the most convincing photos to date:

[edit on 28-8-2009 by mitman93]

[edit on 28-8-2009 by mitman93]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

OMG>>>>
as soon as my eyes focused on this picture, I hade the strangest sinsation go from the top of my head to just below my shoulders. Kinda like an electrical charge. At the same time I was feeling this sinsation, a thought of "Wow, thats them" thats what they look like."
very creepy feeling, I have never expierenced anything like that before.
wow

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It just means it is no CGI or other graphical editing in the video.

So what you see has really been filmed. But that does not mean that it is extra-terrestrial. Could be something humans made and then filmed.

Dont get 2 things mixed up. This analyzation means that thing is really there but it can not prove it is alien.

I can make a flying saucer, quickly throw it in the air and take a photo. Experts analyzing the photo will all say it is 100 percent true. But still its a earthly man-made thing.

You know wha im getting at?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mitman93

Nice pictures, but I am still wondering why there seems to be no 'cocpit glass', Dont they need it? do they have Suits on ??

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Very interesting!

The UFO over the sea in Turkey looks suspiciously much like an drilling platform.

The first time I saw this footage - some time ago now - I immediately saw the similarities with a drilling platform at sea at a very far away distance.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
Very interesting!

The UFO over the sea in Turkey looks suspiciously much like an drilling platform.

The first time I saw this footage - some time ago now - I immediately saw the similarities with a drilling platform at sea at a very far away distance.

I think too it 'may' be an platform, but isnt that easy for the 'experts' to find out? if there is an oilplatform there, surly that would shed some light on things, and if there is no platform there, well, that makes the sighting just that much more exciting..

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
Very interesting!

I think too it 'may' be an platform, but isnt that easy for the 'experts' to find out? if there is an oilplatform there, surly that would shed some light on things, and if there is no platform there, well, that makes the sighting just that much more exciting..

That question was raised in the thread on the second Kumburgaz video of 2009 - by me and others - as a response to all those people suggesting the UFO to be an oil rig.

Since none of them actually had the IQ to check it out (some people apparently do not have to motivate their reasoning with research and facts) I did it myself.

Using Google Earth and various maps of concessions, I came to the conclusion that there are no platforms within a reasonable distance in order to be seen at the location where the video was purportedly taken.

I also found that other people had done the same research and reached the same conclusion, and that locals resident in the area confirms this.

Still, it only took a page or two before this theory popped up again - by people who didn't read what has already been posted. I re-posted my results, but to no avail. The oil rig theory came back again and again, by people who didn't bother substantiating their own claims.

Here we are in a new thread, and of course the oil rig theory is right back. What's new?

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Nice input, and Im sorry for missing that.
So, there are no rigs there, it only increases the chances of its ginuinity(?) imo..

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
No, there are - as far as I've been able to detect - no oil rigs in that part of the Marmara.

They're pretty big so they should turn up on navigation charts and satellite images.

As far as the genuinity of the video, well, let's concentrate on what it cannot be or most certainly isn't.

It was suggested that the lights were minaret lights on a domed mosque on the other side of the Marmara. That turned out to be impossible, you cannot see to the other side of the shore at the location. It is too far.

It was suggested that the night time footage showed a shower head on the beach. Although, it is evident from both positive and negative images that the object have several lights (what type of shower head has lights built into it?), and if the night time footage shows a shower head, then what is the day time footage?

When the shower head theory failed to impress, another proposition said the night time footage showed a model, while the day time footage showed a superior mirage (a rare optic weather phenomenon which can project let's say the image of a fishing boat into the sky).

The problem is, if you compare the night time object and the day time object, they correspond in proportions, and the lights emanating from the object also corresponds.
So it seems to be the same object, there are in any case no clear indications that they are different objects.

So, we have a video which - after examination by experts - is certified not to be altered with CGI, which shows an object in both night time and day time which is hovering above the water - with no strings attached.

One could also ask how a simple Turkish night watch - with only a rudimentary concept of how his own camera works (evident from interviews) - have been able to fool video graphics experts, the Turkish Science and Technology Research Board and every self-appointed debunker for three years, if it was a hoax.

These are question that have to be answered before one reaches a conclusion.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Jut because google earth does not show oil rigs it doesn't mean there hasn't been any. A company called Momentum performed exploration drilling in the Sea of Marmara, just google it.

I believe the lights you see are from an offshore vessel and the craft they film are something completely different, when the zoom in on the lights it only partially fills the frame, when they zoom in on the "craft" it fills the whole frame.

I don't have all the answers but this also being in Turkey I can't help but think that the craft is in fact a leaded dome on a mosque.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Oh the Turkey incident is probably one of my favorites. It kind of gives me chills, esp when you see the occupants inside. I have those pics saved on my hard drive. The first time I saw these videos I watched them over and over and then I stared at the pics that were posted in another thread for a few days. IMO this is real. Its amazing that they say the same as well! S&F! One of my favorite cases!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mitman93

Well those are the pics I was talking about! Those really gave me the creeps! I believe the photos to be real pics of ET's in their ship. I dont really care if people think I am nuts, there is going to be a time when a video is 100% proof of their existence but people will still dismiss it because well that isnt supposed to happen now is it?!
Star for you!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeebsy
Jut because google earth does not show oil rigs it doesn't mean there hasn't been any. A company called Momentum performed exploration drilling in the Sea of Marmara, just google it.

I believe the lights you see are from an offshore vessel and the craft they film are something completely different, when the zoom in on the lights it only partially fills the frame, when they zoom in on the "craft" it fills the whole frame.

I don't have all the answers but this also being in Turkey I can't help but think that the craft is in fact a leaded dome on a mosque.

Well, I'm not a broken record so I won't repeat myself to people that refuses to listen. All these questions have been dealt with in the existing threads, I suggest you visit them and then think through what you're saying.

Your claims, yours to prove. Find a recent sea chart of the area in question (I did) and show us the offshore vessels you refer to. If you're talking tankers or such, show us navigation routes, what type of boats you refer to, then visit logs and tell us what vessels were in the area when the videos were taped (they show up the same in the 2008 and the 2009 video, so it must be a common phenomenon in that case). Then throw in comparative video sequences to show us what type of distant light phenomenon offshore vessels can create that is similar to this.

Do the same thing with the domed mosque you're imagining on the other side of the Marmara. A distinguished member of ATS already tried and failed.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

So you "dont care" about people trying to deny ignorance ?

I love that statement - and its worth a ban

Who appointed you guru here ?

Its EVERY ATS members RIGHT to express an opinion

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by TrueAmerican

is my avatar against T&C ? Why is that ? Nooo, it shows skin , ?
it is a drawing and not even a real photo, and year head coming apart there isnt too sweet either if you want to go into details ...

Maybe Erasershead's avatar is also against regulations hahahaha. Anyways that girl scares the hell out of me. I know she is a bot, but still. They really cast the right girl for that role!

And with regard to the Turkish material, it think the UFO is fake and those monsters too. Thank heaven

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
dont know if its already been posted, but heres a hq version not that grainy ish posted on the first page. i almost burst vessels in my eyeballs straining to make out what all those blocks and pixels were supposed to be.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
What some (including me, on my first look) think may be oil platforms are actually more likely to be the result of lights on a boat (or a group of small fishing boats) being affected by a mirage effect. The actual lights are below, the mirage above.

A superior mirage occurs when there is a temperature inversion. This is very common over bodies of water in the early morning hours. The result is that a mirror image of an object appears above the object.
www.islandnet.com...

I couldn't find an example with lights only but here is an example of the effect.
image69.webshots.com...

The only evidence that the first version of the video was reviewed at TUBITAK is this report, the one which is quoted:
English
Notice that the report says the tape was received on January 31, 2008.

Here is a scan of the report (in Turkish):
www.siriusufo.org...
Notice that the date of the report is January 31, 2008. TUBITAK received the tape and issued the report on the same day. According to this report TUBITAK did not examine it for 2-1/2 weeks, in fact they barely had a chance to look at it unless they had nothing else to do. If this is just a preliminary ("pre-evaluation") report, where is the final report? In any case I see only two thing of interest in the report. The truncated translation says that the tape is not CGI (I would agree with that). It also says the tape was not made in a studio (though I can't imagine how they would determine that). I says nothing else which bears on its authenticity.

[edit on 8/29/2009 by Phage]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join