It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hovers over Chongqing for Half an Hour

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Also just to put a couple more "holes" in the kite theory (well one more anyway)I am pretty sure I read that witnesses claimed that some sort of propeller aircraft passed by the area during the sighting and noted that the UFO was higher than the aircraft that flew by.

Make a kite fly in one place at several thousand feet

I knew i was sure english.rednet.cn...

"During the half hour that the UFO appeared, a civil airplane passed by. Witnesses compared the civil airplane to the UFO and discovered that the UFO was obviously flying at a higher attitude."

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Supposedly there is an airport nearby and low flying planes are common. Flying a kite near an airport with low flying planes doesn't sound like a smart idea mind you.
Everything I've read says it made no sound.
(Note: this is an English translation from Chinese)

For the kite above the plane to say, our analysis may after the aircraft was not far from the Jiangbei Airport may be preparing to land, so altitude is not high, thus giving rise to the feeling of kite higher than the aircraft.

Source: www.sloopo.com...

[edit on 8/28/2009 by wayno]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
A kite with LED's flying higher than an airplane for 30 minutes in the same spot?
That's a new one.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm not certain what is going on but I think there is a lot of false hype going on in China. I received an e-mail the other day that claimed millions in China had seen a mother ship sized craft on August 20, 2009 but yet not a single picture. I found the article appearing only on a few UFO boards but not a single youtube video or picture...please.

Of course that does not mean this one is not real, but you'd think video would be out there as well.......

Rich

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I think you are reversing your train of thought.

The object is confirmed to be higher than a confirmed aircraft flying, and simply because it or something similar in appearance was seen on the other side of the world, doesn't mean it correlates to someone else saying it looked like LEDs.

You took the easy explanation out of this dialog. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It was probably some alien craft from a near by star to check out the Olympics but time dilation calculations got all screwed up (like NASA did with that Mars probe messing up meters with feet ,remember? and it crashed) and the aliens got here to late. So I think some alien engineer is getting the piss from his mates.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Im on the fence with this one, i meen the kite theory sounds plausable but in thepic where it is a small dot, it seems to high to be a kite. Here is another sighting with video footage, this is the link to the article:

Two unidentified misty white objects were spotted by people in China’s Shandong Province on Friday, local media reports.

Witnesses saw the oval-shaped UFOs over a large area stretching about 300 km from the city of Weifang in the east, to the western region of Dezhou.

Some witnesses described them as cloud-like, while others mentioned that the objects had lights behind them as they moved. A local news cameraman in the province capital Jinan caught the objects on camera and uploaded the footage on the internet.

Earlier in December, the Chinese military released a declassified video of a strange object flying over Shanghai city. The footage was made some 20 years ago by a military aircraft pilot.

Ufologists believe that China’s Mount Everest plays hosts to a huge alien base somewhere beneath its surface.
micheduc.xanga.com...

Well i cant seem to find the actual video, but it says a cameraman filmed it and uploaded it to the net, but i cant find, sorry. Maybe some one else with more searching skills can route it out.

heres another sighting over china August 20, 2009:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-8-2009 by GezinhoKiko]

[edit on 28-8-2009 by GezinhoKiko]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'll let the video speak for itself.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Still not buying in to the kite theory.

Heres the relevant weather details that I pulled from this site: freemeteo.com.../08/2009&lc=3

Aug 23 @ 22:00 hrs

Temp : 30c

WIND : NNE @ 4km/h

Wind Gust : n/a

Visibility : 2300m

Ok so i know that wind conditions varies with altitude but cmon people a 4 kmph wind isn't much to fly a kite on. Also the relative stability of the UFO at a height greater than what civilian aircrafts were flying at tell me that this probably isn't a kite. Even though the LED kites are a good candidate I'm still skeptical.

Also please note that I have little experience finding weather details so if someone knows where to find the atmospheric conditions for that area and that time frame and a good guesstimation of what altitude the UFO was flying please post those details as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join