It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hovers over Chongqing for Half an Hour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

UFO Hovers over Chongqing for Half an Hour

english.rednet.cn

At about 10 pm on the evening of August 23, a UFO appeared in the sky above Beibei Binjiang Road in Chongqing. The UFO was ¡°V¡± shaped and its color changed in the order of red, blue, green, yellow and white at short intervals. Hundreds of people watched but no one heard any sound produced by engines or propulsion equipment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Pretty interesting. I do not know if we have any members in that area, did anyone see or hear anything about this? It is a short article and i think it was traslated into english from chinese.
Apparently this thing was just hovering for 30min then took off, it is kind of strange but normal when it comes to mass sightings.

english.rednet.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Never mind. There are photos in the article. Sorry!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wow...that was excellant. Nice find young Jedi.
The pics and videos just keep getting better every day. And more frequent. We are diffinitly in the midst of something.Espically when more and more crouds witness these events. The discloser is right around the corner.
s&f

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I hope there are more pictures or a video of this one. It was up there for 30 minutes just hovering, you'd think there would be.

Very colorful bug looking thing isn't it.

Nice find by the way S&F !!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Where are those paparazzi with theor telescope cameras when you need them. I think 30 minutes may seem long from a prepared stand point but it flies by from an amazed standpoint
. I hope more pictures and info pops up.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
no video...how can something like that hover for a half hour and nobody in that entire city recorded it on a video camera or movie camera???

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I was hoping for a saucer shape, rather than an insect. I would like to read about comparisons to exact craft in different places around the world. Such as, the same craft appearing all over the world in a very short time. I prefer videos over stills myself, but both are important together. This one also makes me think of a childs toy. At least they've moved on from the lanterns.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here's a link to a site with a little more information if your interested.

www.sloopo.com...

Says it attracted hundreds of people watching it. There must be other pics somewhere. Hopefully they will come out.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Anyone find a video or other news coverage of this yet?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Nice pic, it looks pretty authentic in my eyes and at least its more than just a blob of light but at least its also not (CG) crystal clear.

Not sure why some are calling it insect shaped, looks more like a triangle if ever I saw one, need to look at whats between the lights not the lights themselves

But yeah, needs a few more images given the area of the sighting, thing is even with alot of people and a large time frame, some people would either not bother to look up or look up and still not notice it. So i wouldnt count a lack of a plethora of photos as proof its fake.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have to say that the UFO looks genuine. It looks like a real UFO.

second line

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Nice find. I would love to see a video. I haven't heard much about this, but you'd think that for something hovering over a city for 30 minutes that there would be multiple accounts. I guess we just have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Not sure why some are calling it insect shaped, looks more like a triangle if ever I saw one, need to look at whats between the lights not the lights themselves

The first thing I thought of was that old Namco arcade game Galaxian so I can say there's a few of us anyway.

Perhaps the Chinese government likes to put these up for show and if so, at least I know what they're doing with my underpants money.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
UFO in skies above Chongqing, China - 8/23/09 Onlookers Amazed for over 30 minutes!!

(Warning, text may be a bit off… This was copied directly from a Chinese news website, here is their link: post.news.tom.com... )
At 22:00 on the 23rd of this month or so, Beibei Binjiang Road, the night sky, suddenly there was a UFO, suspended in the air changes flash, the object was V-shaped, will be in accordance with red, blue, green, yellow, white in five colors, each a gradual change from time to time. Its appearance, it attracted hundreds of pedestrians on the road in the Riverside watching.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Wow!!! I spotted a UFO just like that in West Hollywood, CA, driving down La Cienega near Wilshire Blvd. I was in the car with my wife. She saw it just like me. I just showed her the link to the article, and she agrees that it's very close, if not the same as what we saw. The only discrepency is that the object we saw was doing some wild movements, zipping around, tight turns, spins. This one in the picture looks like it's just hovering, just like the article says. But the colors, that's a match as far as I'm concerned. Very colorful. Multi-colored lights!!! WOW!!! I've been looking for this for about a year now. I didn't get any of my own pictures cause I was driving.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Definately seems to be some kind of UFO flap going on in China! Nice find!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A lot of people in one of those Chinese articles talked about it probably being a kite with LED lights.
Since the California couple saw a nearly identical object doing swirls and loops then I would say it is just that -- a kite with LED lights.
In the Chinese case the kite handler chose to keep it still for effect.
We'll see, but that is my 2c for now.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

...and the sounds people heard?
What kite with led lights could do that trick?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
reply to post by wayno

...and the sounds people heard?
What kite with led lights could do that trick?

Also id point out that if you've ever flown a kite, given the height it appears to be and the wind required (and the fact its got battery and lights attached)... holding it still would be a monumental feat in and of itself... not to mention its at night... never tried night flying for a kite, but damn it wouldn't be easy id guess.

Interesting though since if a good deal of people that witnessed it thought it was a kite, might explain the lack of photos or evidence since they wouldn't bother to record it if they believed its something as mundane as that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join