It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Lived...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This may be off topic a bit, but I didn't point it out earlier. I wish they had more stories like yours on the animal shows. It's so sad to see animals in that condition have to be put down, you never really get to hear about the happy endings very much. May you have many happy years with the pup.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I, too, would like to thank Sun Dancer for such a beautiful story.( I, too, lost a daughter and can relate to the hole in the heart that it left me.)
There has been so many people on this thread who have rescued so many animals, and people who have rescued children. All these people who have so much heart, soul and caring. These that do not mind giving up their time to help an animal, or children... are what makes this world a better place. Thank you for caring.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So how is our little pup doing and what's her name?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
i went camping in the ozarks of missouri. very harsh land. no water source and isolated. there was a camp site where this little kitten emerged unafraid and looked as those she was about to give up. i gave her scraps and water. when i returned to the site 3 days later i voiced out loud to the kitten, "if you follow me to my camp i will take care of you." that little kitten followed up a quarter mile of harsh, rocky road. she ate M&Ms, raisins and peanuts and rice w/chicken broth until food could be purchased for her to eat. she was so tiny and boney. we spent over a month living in a tent and today she resides in georgia. happy. i call her "missouri".

loved your story. love your heart.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Sundancer, your story brought tears to my eyes.

I once rescued a flea bitten bag of bones that was standing, swaying from hunger, in front of the grocery store. He lived with us for 13 years.
More recently I had an older dog that was found skinny, wet and wounded also at a shopping center. He lived with us for 6 years.

A name? Sometimes the animal will tell you. One day you will just find yourself saying the perfect name as you call the dog.

I always liked names that were easy to say. I avoided hissing sounds.
I've had Jeanie, Jennie, Brandy, Lindy, & Hidee.
I like Minday and Mandy.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Am I the only one who wishes they could pick that cute pup up?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I do not know if you named her yet, but I would consider naming her "Life"

Chewbit
Namaste!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

How about "Mi' as in Miracle.

If you get to see, "Healing Codes" from Dr Len Horowitz, you will certainly grasp the depth of this suggestion.

BTW, if you have a chance, catch "The Arrivals" as well. Stirring info.
Peace.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Chance! Sometimes we're given a 2nd chance...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You were meant to find her, and she was meant to be yours.

Miracles come in many guises, and oftentimes, they are very small things that you might ordinary over look, or never guess had a miraculous nature to them.

This sounds like one of those.

My sister rescued a poodle mix 20 years ago, that had a very similar story.
"Molly" turned out to be the best little doggy anyone could have ever wanted.
When she finally died at 17 yrs old, she was blind, deaf, and had a very frail digestion system, that could only handle a specialized diet.

Towards the end she was very slow as arthritis took its toll...yet, she was still able to give unconditional love. She would gives kisses, wag her tail wildly, and always wanted to snuggle up against your thigh.

I'd be willing to bet that this foundling will become a special pet, unlike any other.

There are such things as "Angel Pets". Be prepared to discover this fact, in this animal. It has all the hallmarks.

Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What a kind soul you are.
iI once found a small kitten along the road that someone had abandon, or lost.
She was starving, and I had to force feed her. I found her a wonderful home a couple weeks later, and she is still doing well.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join