It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Lived...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth/seeker
How about "chance" she has been given a second chance in life thanks

to you compassion and enduring spirit. GREAT THREAD!! S&F.

That's what I was going to say.

And thank you so much for your sharing Sundancer

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
awe ... excellent tale of kindness

looks like a cool we dog...

i dont know why this came to me, but if you havent named her yet./... you Need to name her PICKLES! ...she is totaly a pickles! (or pickle if you dont like plurals, but pickles is way cooler! heeheehee) ....

(i have a think for naming animals
)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
God Bless You, Your good deed will be rewarded

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Awww! She is a cutie! I don't know if this has been suggested yet, I read the first page and then "Grace" popped in my head. Yeah, amazin' Grace. She is beautiful.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have a 'back from death story myself.' I had a goldfish just yesterday around 830 am jump out of the small quarrantine tank (I had bought him the day before and did not want to put him in the pond just in case he came with creepy crawly parasites) did not see him in the tank-silent tank-I thought he was hiding The quarantine tank used to be the indoor tank so has fish furnitre and hidy holes when they want to... well hide)

I had a long errand to run and came back and found 'Finny Again' dried up, sand and leafs stuck to him, ridged as a corpse outside the tank-since the store I bought him from had a 14 day health guarntee (did not specify nature of death- but I thought it just disresepectful to send him back covered in grit so I returned him to the tank to rehydrate so I would not tear him up too much while cleaning his fishy corpse off)
I had anothertask to do that took about 2 hours and when I returned I tried to net him out of the tank to take hiom back and he was a lot more active than a dead fish swirled around by water would be.
Finny Again was back from the dead swimming on his own!!!
I put him in the pond and figured if he was going to die it would not be alone this time I would rather medicate 1200 gallons that put him back into a 20 gallon quar tank alone.
It is about 40 hours since he revived from the dead. He swam for hours until I made a cave for him and now he is hiding and still as far as I know has not eaten so he still may not survive (I hope he does- he/she is young and has a lot of growing to do so the damage may repair itself)
But 4+ hours outside in a desert heatwave? He must have a higher power looking out for him/her.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

That's so awesome.

In a world where subhuman scum are shooting crossbows into cats here, it's good to know there are still people who are worth every good thing that should happen for them. And I hope you and yours are gifted with more joy than you can stand!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

GOOD FOR YOU...........

Most uplifting story I have heard in a while.

I do not know if anyone has suggested it but how about Phoenix, as you 'resurrected the puppy from the "ashes" of death'??

Again, great for you and what a truly HUMAN thing to do.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
How about "Reci" short for reciprocity. Def "A situation in which two parties provide the same help or advantages to each other".

Nod for the display of humanity

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
You are a wonderful person and she is lucky to have you!! I have an extreme affinity for animals! First week of June, I got a call that a couple had a baby deer that needed a home and would I take her. I went and picked her up. She was only a few days old. The people that had her meant well, but she was passing blood from both ends. With some TLC and the right formula, she gained strength and began growing like a weed. I have never kept her in a pin. She free ranges all over the countryside and all the neighbors know her. She comes home every morning and every evening for hugs kisses and bottles! Her name is Dixie Chick. She marches right up the front steps and into the house when she wants to and she is very good about not "doing her business" until she goes back outside! Animals are amazing. Someone one dumped a litter of 9 puppies on the side of road nearby a couple of years ago...needless to say...I picked them up, brought them home...placed an ad in the paper and found homes for each of them!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Not to be long winded, but when I saw her the first thing that came to mind was " Itsy".... the song about the spider... she has certainly seen the rain, but you have brought the sunshine into her life! She is adorable!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this touching story! Your kindness made my whole day, and it's only 12:58 in the morning, lol.

As for names, you could call her Merci (as a play on 'mercy' and the French 'thank you'). Hitodasuke is Japanese for an act of mercy, I dunno I'm really liking the mercy vibe. Ninjou is Japanese for "kindness, humanity, empathy, sympathy, human nature, common sense, customs and manners". As you can guess, I like the Japanese language.

Hope is also a classic
and a very fitting name. Lucky, I'd say doesn't quite fit because it was more than luck, it was more like destiny.

I also like "Aurora" because it represents the beauty that comes out of chaos.

[edit on 8/27/2009 by Alpha Furyan]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Not to be long winded, but when I saw her the first thing that came to mind was " Itsy".... the song about the spider... she has certainly seen the rain, but you have brought the sunshine into her life! She is adorable!!

Awww! I second this, and such a beautiful way to put it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Thank you all so very much!

Lucky, Chance and Angel were the most popular names you picked for her, but
she picked Kismet for herself and a few people around here were partial to Bright Eyes so I think that may be her second name. All of our fur friends have two or three names each. We have one dog named Sheebs that comes to Stink more often than not.

I have some pictures of her with the name hat that I'll post tomorrow, camera battery died right after I took them.

Thanks again,

Love from Kismet and crew

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It is amazing, the will that life has, to live, and animals, especially young animals, are this aspect of nature personified.

The little puppy crossed your path for a reason, and you are now her font of life. Whatever name is chosen, it doesn't matter, to her, you are God. Perhaps she was found by you to help you see the touch of the divine within you.

Thank you for saving this beautiful little creature. She has much to teach you. Animals are incredibly spiritual creatures, and you will find this as you grow together.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Precious. She is Precious, and life is too. You are a wonderful soul.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by lostviking]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
what a sweet baby ... sorry about your loss, hope she brings some Sunshine into your life!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Barely recovered?

I do not think I have come close to barely yet.

Thank you for sharing though as it gives me strength...for what that is worth.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stardust13
Awwww loved the story! Name Kismet came to mind. It fits... the two of you were destined to be together.

Great choice of name I'll share the honour with Stardust who picked this one also, wishing you many happy years

Berth
x

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I wrote this before she picked her name but couldn't post it.

azureskys
all of them into the hat!

Rizaun
That's right, I knew what that meant from the song. Anyone who tortures animals deserves the same done to them.

SheaWolf
Nothing alive should ever be considered a throw away.

damwel
Thank you and Chance goes in again!

mappam
I'm so happy for all of you that you gave her a chance and your love! I'm sorry for your loss, life is SO very hard and unfair sometimes.

Hazelnut
Aw thanks girl! Mercy is going into the hat.

sad_eyed_lady
Thanks for the kudos. She's such a beautiful soul.

ProtoplasmicTraveler
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I don't think the Mom left the baby to die, I think she may have went for food or water while the baby was sleeping. The puppy was about 6 or 7 weeks when we found her and the momma was cleaning her when we passed the first time. I think the Momma was trying to take care of her the best she could but I know what you mean about sometimes extending their suffering because there's sometimes more wrong with them than we know. I've been down that road many times and it stinks.

Realtruth
Both go into the hat. Curoe is very pretty.

StevieC9
Her little spirit is kicking butt and that name goes into the hat.

EvolvedMinistry
LOL yup a very yappy puppy.

Rockstar1102
Clover's an awesome name and going into the hat. You're right we do need a place where we can share the good things that happen as well as the bad. I know there are a lot of good things we do that we never share and we should.

EvolvedMinistry
Delilah and Lazzy both headed for the hat.

UKDane
I'm glad to hear you were able to save your kitty. Shema goes into the hat.

Pilot
Thanks for the salute from Pilot and Doodly-Doo! What a princess she looks like, I'm glad all turned out well.
Genie goes into the hat.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Peace - Love - Energy - for you Kismet.

“We create our fate every day we live” - Henry Miller

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join