She Lived...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Hi everyone, I wrote this before she picked her name but couldn't post it.

azureskys
all of them into the hat!

Rizaun
That's right, I knew what that meant from the song. Anyone who tortures animals deserves the same done to them.

SheaWolf
Nothing alive should ever be considered a throw away.

damwel
Thank you and Chance goes in again!

mappam
I'm so happy for all of you that you gave her a chance and your love! I'm sorry for your loss, life is SO very hard and unfair sometimes.

Hazelnut
Aw thanks girl! Mercy is going into the hat.

sad_eyed_lady
Thanks for the kudos. She's such a beautiful soul.

ProtoplasmicTraveler
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I don't think the Mom left the baby to die, I think she may have went for food or water while the baby was sleeping. The puppy was about 6 or 7 weeks when we found her and the momma was cleaning her when we passed the first time. I think the Momma was trying to take care of her the best she could but I know what you mean about sometimes extending their suffering because there's sometimes more wrong with them than we know. I've been down that road many times and it stinks.

Realtruth
Both go into the hat. Curoe is very pretty.

StevieC9
Her little spirit is kicking butt and that name goes into the hat.

EvolvedMinistry
LOL yup a very yappy puppy.

Rockstar1102
Clover's an awesome name and going into the hat. You're right we do need a place where we can share the good things that happen as well as the bad. I know there are a lot of good things we do that we never share and we should.

EvolvedMinistry
Delilah and Lazzy both headed for the hat.

UKDane
I'm glad to hear you were able to save your kitty. Shema goes into the hat.

Pilot
Thanks for the salute from Pilot and Doodly-Doo! What a princess she looks like, I'm glad all turned out well.
Genie goes into the hat.

What about me?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
JustJoe
Thank you! We all RAWK!!! We just need to stop being so afraid to shine.

noonebutme
Thanks for the kudos and thank you for being a fellow dog lover. We need all the help we can get.

dawa
I hope the momma's ok too. I feel so bad she doesn't know her baby's alive and well either.

DrumsRfun
I hope they were happy tears...

TXTriker
Oh NO! 15 pounds, that's horrible! So wrong - How's Ribs doing now, do you know?
So sorry for your loss and pain. Many blessings to you and yours.

Stardust13
She picked your name! Thanks so much for sharing.

MadameGuillotine
I really do believe that if we become good stewards of the earth and become our brothers keeper instead of his killer or enemy we can make the world a beautiful place. It's not to late.

LiquidCrystalz
Angel was one of the more popular pics. Thank you for sharing.

gemineye

Precious is one of the names we've all been calling her so far - along with lunch meat lol.

tensetek
I loved the suggestion Nissa as in elf or brownie, she looks so much like one with those ears.

judgiebegoode
Vivo would have been such a cool name!

Movhisattva
Thank you for sharing, Gaia went into the hat. Many blessings!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

bless you, sundancer...maybe you could give it your ats username

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

The recompence for suffering is the development of empathy and the growing of ones soul. This is true knowledge, not the rubbish which is officially taught in institutions of so-called learning. This is the wisdom we take into the next life.

The pup is lucky to have found you. What about calling it Poppet or Poppy.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Nineteen]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What a wonderful story. I was sadened by your pain and then was joyful for your kindness. I would do the same thing if I saw a puppy on the side of the road like that. It is horrifying how cruel people are! I was trying to think of a name. How about Vida? That means life in spanish.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
So what was the final name?????

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
[edit on 27/8/2009 by Inkrinhuminge]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ren!

Call her Ren!
images.google.com...

And your post was gross. The dog was eating vomit and bugs?!
I would have just kept driving and never looked back.
Actually, I might have swerved to put her out of her misery.
What country did you find this dog in?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by THX-1138]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I have to admit I didn't read more than the first page of responses so I don't know if this name was suggested yet but I think with her story you just have to name her Hope.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What a touching story, and what a beautiful little pup.

I think you should name the sweet pup, Ash.
It means happiness

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What a great story! I totally agree with you too. What a precious pup she is also. What about the name Shai....it means gift. Good luck with your pup and keep up the good work. Maybe we all could take a example from you. Peace!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer

TXTriker
Oh NO! 15 pounds, that's horrible! So wrong - How's Ribs doing now, do you know?
So sorry for your loss and pain. Many blessings to you and yours.

I haven't had a chance to find out. A friend took him and we were all concerned that he might not make it.

I'll try to find out and let you know. And thank you.

The other two are in very happy homes and doing well. One will be a momma soon so we will be looking for more homes. She was pregnant when our other friends took her - they knew and were more than happy to still take her.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sundancer........

In 2002 my neice and nephew were killed. They were like my own. It seems like after you lose a child all life becomes precious. Every living creature unable to take care of itself becomes your child. Your story was heart wrenching and uplifting.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
told hubby the story and he said you should name the pup, Sidewalk. i thought that was cute.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

that is a good name
hehehe, made me chuckle. ..

but is that not a bit like calling an abandoned baby doorstep or dumpster?

but, i do think its a classy name! if i ever get another pet, pickles and sidewalk are top of the names list!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi for those that missed it the chosen name was Kismet suggested by Stardust13 and me

Cheers all

Mistersmartypants

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Please dont feel patronised or offended by what i very meaningfully and heartfelt feel i have to say to you.

The world is a better place for you being in it and others like you, your story has gladened my heart and warmed me spiritually.
To much to often are we assaulted with the heinous behaviour of our fellowship as the one people we are the world over.
Such warmth that you engendered within me is a rare and welcome treat thank you.

I have a Jack russell terrier and feel a bond with him that is very strong, Im sure he would like me to say thank you on behalf of the canine fellowship for such care and real interest you have shown this little needing soul.
I know what you mean anbout the small seemingly insignificant actions that make the world a better place, i catch moths in the house before the cat gets them and turns them into playthings that causes a no doubt miserable and painful last few moments for them.
I have even picked up earth worms from a pathway and put them back onto the grass lest they get trampled by unthinking less thoughtful souls going about their day.
One of the worst feelings is that caused by the sound of a snail shell crunching under your foot on a dark pathway at night, do you know what i mean?.

I hope i dont offend you by asking this question but did you become more caring after the accident that took your daughter or have you always offered the same level of care and love for needy souls?.
I was not a good person when i was younger but after a lot of soul searching brought on by a combination of growing up and being homeless for about four years on and off now i can say i truly really care what happens to everything and everyone.
Not being able to make a difference to many things because they are way out of reach is my biggest regret with life, i hope that the little things we do sometimes get seen by others for what they are and in turn inspire others to do a little something where its needed when they can.
And then maybe some will go the extra step just like you did and turn around and go out of your way to do something that meant a whole lot to a sentient feeling little soul when it really needed it.
Thats REALLY beautiful.

With Love.
Lee

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Now if only people would do that sort of thing for other people....sigh

Best of luck with your new pup. Treat her well.

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join