It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher says America is a Stupid Country.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As long as Americans consume what is on Fox News, MSNBC, CNN and other clearly biased networks... I have to agree with Bill. The American people are stupid.

Apparently Americans have lost the ability to think for themselves, especially since so many let the MSM news media do it for them.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
As long as Americans consume what is on Fox News, MSNBC, CNN and other clearly biased networks...

The thing is that most people don't really care for any type of NEWS whasoever.
They choose not to be current on current events unless it involves their favorite teams, actors, tv shows or entertainers.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Bill Maher is dead wrong.

Stupidity knows nothing of borders.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I agree that a large percentage of Americans are stupid but I also credit that in large part to our liberal educational system of:
"We don't keep score in school sports because we don't want losers to feel bad", or "If you don't know the answers to the test (because you didn't study) don't worry because you'll still pass in order to not feel bad about yourself"

Once people start taking more personal responsibility for their lives, the smarter they will become. Just look at how 'Hope and Change' with zero substance got a man elected to the highest job in the land when a very small percentage of his followers could even name one political accomplishment he's ever had.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
6 out of 10 people don't believe evolution is real.

Yes, he's right.

Well if you believe evolution is real then your thickest idiot here.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Bill Maher is dead wrong.

Stupidity knows nothing of borders.

Yeah your dead right, thats why the whole of the US are thick.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, what do you expect from people who watch TV all day and have no original thoughts in their head?

It also doesn't help when the mainstream media puts out grammatically incorrect commercials and campaigns.

I'm on the rampage. Outback Steakhouse is the target this time.

This is what I sent them:

----

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that your commercial and slogan are grammatically incorrect.

"Live Adventurous" is wrong. It should be "Live Adventurously." An adverb needs to follow the verb.

Apple did a similar thing back in the 90's with their "Think Different" advertisement. They did the correct thing and changed all of their commercials and print advertising to include the -ly.

As a tech editor/writer, I would like to stress that people today are constantly being exposed to incorrect language and grammar, and this isn't helping them build their skills.

Please correct it.

Respectfully submitted,

Susan

---

I did my part. I'm fixing the world, one commercial at a time...

LMAO!!!

[edit on 26-8-2009 by WhiteMagicWoman]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Billy Maher is a comedian I learned watching those videos and googling up on him. That said, it was Kurt Tocholski, a German comedian, who said: "What is permissible in satire? Everything!" Apart from that, there is one thing that bugs me about all this: it's a terrible generalization. There are stupid and willfully ignorant people all around the world and I could easily point out a lot of countries with much greater percentage of people being just plain stupid.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I find it interesting that someone who is advocating Gov't run healthcare is bemoaning the lack of intelleigence in the American people who are products of a gov't run education system. He is right that a large majority of American's do lack intelligence, the video that was posted earlier was a good example of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Stupid? no more than any other large group of people in the world...

Ignorant of the world around them? Certainly a large portion of them...however, do any of these man on the street interviews that we find so funny while exposing the "stupidity" of Americans ever show the ones who answer correctly? Somehow I doubt it...that wouldn't be funny after all.

Americans are, in my experiance with people from all over the world, no more or less ignorant of the world around them then anyother group...

I once listened to a couple of very nice ladies from England discuss whether or not they were in any danger from an Indian attack while driving from Seatac, the airport in Seattle, to Chicago... I took some measure of delight in correcting their misconceptions.

So American's are hardly alone in their ignorance of the world around them...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied

Originally posted by Kaytagg
6 out of 10 people don't believe evolution is real.

Yes, he's right.

Well if you believe evolution is real then your thickest idiot here.

Really? And I take it you have a better and scientifically sound theory as to how life on earth came to be? If you do, you should submit it to the scientific community. Who knows, might even earn you a nobel prize?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

OK, you have inspired me to conduct my own little 'American Intelligence' experiment. I'm going to take my video camera to downtown Ft. Lauderdale on Friday afternoon and ask the questions that Bill proposed in the second video of the OP. Let's see what the ratio of right to wrong answers really are! I'll post it here once I'm done. Should be both interesting and enlightening!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes! Oh my God! I fell out of my chair with laughter! I have been saying this and saying this for years! I'll go one better and say not only is America stupid but a majority of the human race is as well. The sidewalks host a parade of idiots on a daily basis. I am surprised that most of the people out there have brains enough to get ready in the morning. Good post. Very brave to tell it like it is.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by guardstarr]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The problem with America is not the stupid people. The problem with America is we have a surplus of evil people and for all our evil people there are legions of cowards obeying them. Bill Mayer is one of the cowards.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Bill Maher is just an idiot. Sometimes he can be remotely funny but his views are so one-sided (ie: Religulous)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Go for it...I'll be looking forward to it, as well. Be fair is all I ask...

I really am looking forward to it.

Do me a favor? Post a list of questions here first. Just general knowledge questions...

...and remember, a lot of them are going to be nervous about having their picture taken.

Good luck.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by seagull]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Here is the list of questions, and I will post the video unedited, to ensure that no bias is given.

1. Was Saddam Hussein personally involved in 9/11?

2. Should the Government be involved with Medicare?

3. Name a branch of the Government.

4. What is the Bill of Rights?

5. What country did America fight in the Revolutionary War?

6. What was the central issue in the Supreme Court case Roe vs. Wade?

7. What does the Food & Drug Administration do?

8. How many Senators do states have?

9. Who is your Congressman?

10. What percentage of the Federal Budget goes to foreign aid?

11. Does the Sun rotate around the Earth?

12. Which is older, Christianity or Judaism?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Those'll do. The Saddam question is a little iffey...since there has been evidence both for and against his involvement at some points in the planning of 911, or rather elements of his govt.

But other than that bit of a quibble, I like 'em. I really am looking forward to it.

where were you planning on doing this questioning?

You should think about getting the Press credentials that ATS offers, as well.

Anyway, have fun.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
He's right. But what he fails to see is that HE is one of the stupid. Calling Palin supporters stupid, then praising Obama as smart. That's like correcting someones grammar, but while doing so, using improper grammar yourself.

You have a great amount of not-so-bright people in this country. Whether they rally behind God and guns for people like Bush and Palin, or are enchanted with the charisma of an Obama. But the truth is beyond the Repub/Dem fiasco. Die-hard party affiliation bears a great amount of stupidity itself.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I am with you. the world and the US has all kinds. As a governmetn worker that always interacts with the public, I see THEM ALL.

I have people who have no idea they have a well on their property and I have people who are capable of discussing the breakdown of radium.(I specialize in radium testing) which is not an easy subject to undertand.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join