It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher says America is a Stupid Country.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
First, the CNN interview on the Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer:

Then on his own show, Real Time with Bill Maher:

While I'm sure I'll catch holy hell for this, the man said exactly what I've been thinking for quite some time. You can see it here on ATS. Some of the utter BS that many put out as 'facts' here just proves this point.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
S&F for stirring things up.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Do you disagree with him?

I sure as hell don't....He's spot on, IMO

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I'm surprised Bill Maher had the guts to state the truth so bluntly. So many US Americans couldn't point to Iraq on a map. So many Americans think that 30 seconds of thought is enough to figure out if a candidate is worth voting for at the polling place.

Just because Bill Maher thinks Americans are stupid does not mean he does not care for America. I know American's are stupid but I still care for them and I'm still living in the USA. It wasn't meant to be an insult so much as an actual fact when you compare the test scores among various countries.

If I weren't lazy I'd go out and pull up the charts, but I think its common knowledge at this point that Americans really are stupid, from an IQ/test scores/general world knowledge perspective.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have to admit although I don't agree with 60% of Bill Maher says it's that 40% that keeps my ears listening to what he has to say. I don't agree with him about Palin, Obama, and all the name calling but he like so many others are all about ratings. The American public for some reason likes to be called names and will tone in every week to hear a new way that they are stupid.

I'll agree that except 90% of us here at ATS in America are stupid, they listen and except what they are being told by our MSM or are lost in deep thought in American Idol while the rest of us turn off our tv's and research our asses off so that we can make educated decisions about what is best for us as we move around this chess board of life.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I wonder if he thinks those who tune into his program and agrees with him is stupid or just those who doesn't listen to him.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
6 out of 10 people don't believe evolution is real.

Yes, he's right.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

You know, I do think america is full of idiots. But not for the reasons this jerk off is stating.

He's essentially saying "Anyone who isn't liberal is a moron"

But I don't understand why anyone watches him. He's just the liberal version of the un-funny Dennis Miller.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
There is a difference between just being stupid and willfully embracing ignorance & delusion.

That said, I don't think this is an a problem unique to the US, but a human one.

Unfortunately here in the US we have an huge media industry dedicated to making money by feeding people whatever dumb BS they want to hear.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I love Bill Maher. I think he's very witty and very intelligent, and pretty darn accurate.

I would say that yes, America is a stupid country. That's putting it lightly, I would even say Americans are stupid.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sometimes the truth hurts. I agree with him though. Look at what is on tv, look at what is on the top music lists, etc. The majority of people are either stupid or just ignorant. Or a little bit of both.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What really hurts is that stupid people have been running the show for some time and are pretty good at keeping it that way. They have a certain animal cunning but I just can't see how what they've done to the place can be called intelligent.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I love Bill Maher. I think he's very witty and very intelligent, and pretty darn accurate.

I would say that yes, America is a stupid country. That's putting it lightly, I would even say Americans are stupid.

I think he is as entertaining as Dennis Miller, which is to say not that much.

People always think those who think differantly from them are stupid.

Orielly has nightly Pinheads

Maddow has nightly lame ducks.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I wonder how you measure the "intelligence" of a country. We don't even know what we mean when we talk about the "intelligence" of an individual.

But why listen to him? He's an American. What does he know?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
In comparison, Americans DO have one of the worlds worst basic education.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by iHateMasses]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

I'm surprised Bill Maher had the guts to state the truth so bluntly. So many US Americans couldn't point to Iraq on a map. So many Americans think that 30 seconds of thought is enough to figure out if a candidate is worth voting for at the polling place.

Just because Bill Maher thinks Americans are stupid does not mean he does not care for America. I know American's are stupid but I still care for them and I'm still living in the USA. It wasn't meant to be an insult so much as an actual fact when you compare the test scores among various countries.

If I weren't lazy I'd go out and pull up the charts, but I think its common knowledge at this point that Americans really are stupid, from an IQ/test scores/general world knowledge perspective.

Well to be honest I'm not so surprised. After all why do you think they canceled his other show "Politically Incorrect"? People were saying stuff like "the terrorists were cowards for flying the planes into the buildings" and he said something like "Well it takes a certain type of courage to kill yourself" (not exactly that... but you get the point). I know that he probably likes money as much as the next guy... but then again he could take the money and try to please everyone. But he doesn't.

I think to say that a person or persons are stupid they would have to make not one or two but a number of mistakes that are very similar. I do believe he is right. But as Pericles said "To live in poverty is not the greatest disgrace, to do nothing to avoid it, is." The same could be said about intelligence.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by 3vilscript]

[edit on 8/26/2009 by 3vilscript]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
He's right, and he's also wrong.

The America that can't find Iraq on a map, that's just ignorance, it can be corrected.

The 18% of Americans who still believe that the Sun revolves around the earth.... Well, that IS sadly, incredibly STUPID.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Remember this geezer also had a love thing for obama a year ago. Do not like him one bit.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did he make this claim before or after Obama got elected?

_________________2nd__________________________________

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reminds me of these

a whole series is posted somewhere on ATS but I can't find it

Can anyone find it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join