It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patent 6470214: Projecting thoughts into your head.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
reply to post by mrwupy

very interesting thread wumpy

it really begs the question, how much is the government really keeping from us that they know.

They spent 20 years in remote viewing.....but that didnt work it just took them 20 years to figure that out. There are far stranger and scarier patents in the patent office

maybe one day we will know what they know, although its always better to find ou for yourself

The whole point of the patent system is to take secret information and make it public. In exchange for publishing your patent, you get 20 years of exclusivity with regard to producing your invention. After that period, your idea becomes public, reproducible by everyone for free. Thus, it's sort of an oxymoron to be claiming that the patent office is hiding secret inventions. All patents are public information, available to everyone to read.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This thread is a little sensationalist - it does not project thoughts into your mind, it merely makes you hear them as you would someone speaking.

Still very creepy, but hardly mind control.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That's even scarier. If anyone can build one of these devices then any mad man with the bucks to get the parts can wreak havoc on the world. A device like this should be kept secret, or at least how to build it should.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

it took them 20 years to figure out remote viewing? that doesnt give me much of a vote of confidence in their psychic abilities.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Totally Sweet!
Oh I cant wait until this goes commercial! The fun I will have with my children. "You must clean your room las, or the Nargles will get you, get you, get you.... Muhahahahaha.... Nargles, Nargles, Nargles..."

lol, can you imagine what fun could be had with this. A whole new reality game show could be spun off of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELNC3
This thread is a little sensationalist - it does not project thoughts into your mind, it merely makes you hear them as you would someone speaking.

Still very creepy, but hardly mind control.

If someone is hearing voices, whether internally or disembodied, it's still going to give them the willies. if they hear them long enough or the voices are telling them to kill, it will drive them nuts.

It would me anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I read about this back in the early 1960s in a __Look__ magazine article of all places. A high school student who experimented with radio equipment had invented something that could transmit intelligible radio messages directly into the brain. The article did not say exactly how it worked. I did not read of the student or the invention again.

But in the mid 1990s I read another short article somewhere about the same person and invention. In due course he had received an engineering degree and gone to work for a government laboratory where he was at the time of the last article.

Sorry about the lack of a name but I do not have the magazines anymore.
The government spooks have had this technology a long time and may use it to beam foolishness into the minds of investigators who come to close to the truth.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Brain-wave frequencies can't be much different than Radio-wave frequencies. ( not to a scientist)
I just can't believe the govt would waste time getting a patton on this.
Like someone else was going to invent this and make some money.

google brainwave frequency amplifier.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
how can you patent a psychic ability?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Perhaps I am not getting the full picture here (quite possible). Does the government have to apply for patents for their projects? I mean, if they are working on something that is Top Secret, why would they have to apply for a patent? So if they are applying for a patent, does that mean that it is already past the development phase and now into production phase thus the need to protect it?

Otherwise, HOLY SH#T that is crazy stuff. Hopefully they DO NOT come up with something that allows your mind to be read.... Just think of the complications that could come from your spouse being able to read your thoughts.
I would rather be dead. No other way about it. A hot chick walks by or another face pops up in the middle of action.... UGH!

It really is very smart. You could have an operative target someone in the crowd to assassinate a foreign dictator. But not something that should be developed as anything man made eventually bites the creator square in the @ss.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
technology vs phenom

this is it folks, the god experience, ghosts, magic, etc. earth, where everyone's a cyborg and can believe whatever they want to and beliefs will manifest because its all deception. so......what do ya do from here?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
Perhaps I am not getting the full picture here (quite possible). Does the government have to apply for patents for their projects?

The government probably patents so they can collect a licensing fee should anyone else want to use this technology. There's a lot of money to be made in patents.

Imagine an advertising company wants to shoot commercials right into your head. They'd have to pay the government for the right to use their patented technology.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wow what an amazing piece of technology. Am I the only one that thinks this could perhaps lend more credence to the dark knight scenario, or project Blue beam?
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

This tech could open the door to all kinds of nightmare scenarios. Crowd control is just one. Mass hallucinations could be another. The possibilities are endless.

Once they perfect reaching into our heads, we're done for.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Does anyone know how an individual is targeted?

What do you do?

point it at their head?

concentrate on them really hard?

Is it a weapon, or an eerie advance in the world of telecommunications?

I am going to predict that this patent will be the first and last we hear of this for a very long time...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Scary stuff.

What else is interesting is that if it's patented, then the rest of the world has access to the technology. The Chinese will get their hands on it too.

Wow. Think about the insanity of it. Especially if it were to get out of control and advertisers got their hands on it. Commercials in your HEAD!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This isn't THAT new. They've already used it to advertise for a movie of the week on ... I think it was the A&E network before Halloween last year.

Called Hypersonic sound

another patent link

It's not really "thoughts in your head" but your SKULL is being used by ultrasonic frequencies as the speaker. They provide the force that resonates your bone at a lower pitch than the actual ultrasonics being used. Likely you could also use sound in a "binocular" fashion, to create a sound between two target beams -- just as they do with lasers when burning tumors, by having two x-ray or microwaves beams intersect and become coherent (in phase) at a point.

But yes, now someone can make you, and only you, HEAR things.

For quite some time, they could use lasers to measure solid objects and turn them into listening devices, and the savvy spook would direct two speakers with different radio stations at the window.

>> I think the only preventive device for this ultrasonic device is tin foil -- which is why TPTB always make fun of people with these hats.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Nope, I knew I wasn't crazy. Yes, this product -- meaning you can BUY IT, was used for advertising by A&E.

Here is a link

>> Enjoy.

I thought it was kind of cool -- as long as it is novel. It will probably be put in every other neighborhood haunted house and sold at WalMart for $29.95 in three years.

Only slightly less annoying than the laser holographic ads on clouds that we will probably see. And of course, someone will BUY the right to tattoo the moon, without asking our permission.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ya i really can't see anyone using this technology for the greater good as is the excuse with inventions and technology such as this. I believe this is one of those situation where they shouldn't have asked can we create this technology , but SHOULD we.
Then again this is the government/ military that is calling the shots, and I'm sure that's the last question on there minds.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

It's not really "thoughts in your head" but your SKULL is being used by ultrasonic frequencies as the speaker.

But I don't want my skull being used as an ultrasonic speaker! I don't want to hear voices unless I know who it is doing the talking. It's been proven they'll use subliminal messages at the theater just to sell you more popcorn. What kind of subliminal messages could they put in your skull?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join