It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patent 6470214: Projecting thoughts into your head.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Now this is spooky. In 2002 the DoD received a patent for placing thoughts directly into someones head. Your not crazy, you REALLY ARE hearing voices that aren't your own.

What is claimed is:

1. A method of encoding an input audio signal a(t) to produce a double sideband output signal having a .omega..sub.c carrier frequency, which when transmitted to the head of a receiving subject, will by the radio frequency hearing effect induce a thermal-acoustic signal in the bone/tissue material of the head that replicates the input audio signal and is conducted by the bone/tissue structure of the head to the inner ear where it is demodulated by the normal processes of the cochlea and converted to nerve signals which are sent to the brain, thereby enabling intelligible speech to be perceived by the brain as any other nerve signal from the cochlea, the method comprising:

Source.

Imagine what this tech could do to an enemy, civilian or military. You could drive them insane in no time at all.

It's a scary world we're growing up to live in.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

very interesting thread wumpy

it really begs the question, how much is the government really keeping from us that they know.

They spent 20 years in remote viewing.....but that didnt work it just took them 20 years to figure that out. There are far stranger and scarier patents in the patent office

maybe one day we will know what they know, although its always better to find ou for yourself

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Imagine what this could do to an ordinary citizen. Especially one who disagrees with TPTB.

What could it do to whistleblowers? Give them a little info that makes them seem crazy.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes. Science fiction is becoming more of a reality as days go on. Scary isn't it? But can you stop it? I don't think so. I await the day when we have mobile suits battling each other instead of foot-soldiers fighting each other on ground.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hey glad you've brought this patent to light. I seen a documentary about "project bluebeam" awhile back, and rather than discussing all the hypotheticals it focused on known technologies and their practical uses.

I found the movie randomly and didn't save it but I will try and find it. The reason I bring it up though is because it talked about this very technology.

Additionally, the ability to project audio from the sky onto people below can give them the impression that a voice is talking to them in their head. The movie maker implied that this used in tandem with holographic images of saviors would be enough to convince the masses of a second coming.

I figured wow this is just too much, can't be real.

But then they talked about the THIS advertisement.

It's for the TV show Paranormal state, a large billboard. But as you walk towards it on the streets below, voices are projected so that you hear whispers and 'ghosts'.

If this is the technology they're using publicly, one can only imagine that the private military tech dwarfs it's abilities.

Heres a youtube video of the billboard and it's effect.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This world has changed so much since I was born, I hardly recognize it anymore. And it just keeps getting worse.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
That billboard was freaky! Now imagine they can project such voices directly into your head!

Maybe aim a small device at your house and have you hearing all kinds of voices and getting instructions. Chants in Latin or something like that.

This can destroy people and they would have no escape.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
That billboard was freaky! Now imagine they can project such voices directly into your head!

Maybe aim a small device at your house and have you hearing all kinds of voices and getting instructions. Chants in Latin or something like that.

This can destroy people and they would have no escape.

Yah exactly, this is especially dangerous with extremists of any religion. Because if the voices are pretending to be god, the people would carry out the orders without questioning them. Thus the danger of the technology being used with projected holograms... the implications are horrific.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Can you even begin to imagine what sort of technology the government will have access to in 20 or 30 yrs?

In a hundred years those of us who are left after the fallout from WW3 will still be burning fossil fuel in order to propell us forward on a never ending pile of concrete and asphalt to our never ending opressive jobs so that it will be possible for these sonsabitches to be colonizing other planets in other star systems in other galaxies.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
Can you even begin to imagine what sort of technology the government will have access to in 20 or 30 yrs?

I figure in that span of time they will know every thought we think. They won't just put thoughts into our heads, they will pull thoughts out of them.

And we won't even need a chip.

Now imagine an advertising agency gets hold of this. Projecting commercials directly into your brain.

UUgghhhh!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hmm, well I checked at the US Patent office and this is indeed a real patent:

US Patent Office Link

Heh, so NOW we know where all those "Godly" voices that GW Bush was hearing were coming from!

This is pretty trippy to think of the implications of this. But what I want to know is:

1) What is the db level spl that it takes to achieve the effect, and be over the "threshold"?
2) What are the effective ranges of this method?
3) What happens if there are other people in the vicinity?
4) And related to #3, how tightly or widely can this effect be focused onto just one person in a group, or to the group as a whole?

While the patent focused on the methodology of doing this, it did not seem to mention much about any potential DEVICE to do this. But given the nature of these things, once the methodology is developed, the device would be child's play to a seasoned electronics engineer. So I would have to assume that the device has already been invented, and may have been around long before 1996 when the patent was applied for.

On a related note:

Infrasonic 17 Hz tone experiment

On May 31, 2003, a team of UK researchers held a mass experiment where they exposed some 700 people to music laced with soft 17 Hz sine waves played at a level described as "near the edge of hearing", produced by an extra-long stroke sub-woofer mounted two-thirds of the way from the end of a seven-meter-long plastic sewer pipe. The experimental concert (entitled Infrasonic) took place in the Purcell Room over the course of two performances, each consisting of four musical pieces. Two of the pieces in each concert had 17 Hz tones played underneath. In the second concert, the pieces that were to carry a 17 Hz undertone were swapped so that test results would not focus on any specific musical piece. The participants were not told which pieces included the low-level 17 Hz near-infrasonic tone. The presence of the tone resulted in a significant number (22%) of respondents reporting anxiety, uneasiness, extreme sorrow, nervous feelings of revulsion or fear, chills down the spine and feelings of pressure on the chest.[18][19] In presenting the evidence to British Association for the Advancement of Science, one of the scientists responsible said, "These results suggest that low frequency sound can cause people to have unusual experiences even though they cannot consciously detect infrasound. Some scientists have suggested that this level of sound may be present at some allegedly haunted sites and so cause people to have odd sensations that they attribute to a ghost—our findings support these ideas."

en.wikipedia.org...

I would be very curious to hear such a transmission through this methodology in the OP. One of the things would be where the sound is coming from. In other words, would you just hear the voice, without position, or would the ear be able to detect the sound source's position as well, like usual?

Freaky stuff Wupy, and great post! S&F.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I ran across this while watching a flick, found here:

That's Impossible: Mind Control.

This is a scary tech to find out about. but on a brighter note, if I ever hear voices I'll simply know I finally got their attention.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ

In a hundred years those of us who are left after the fallout from WW3 will still be burning fossil fuel in order to propell us forward on a never ending pile of concrete and asphalt to our never ending opressive jobs so that it will be possible for these sonsabitches to be colonizing other planets in other star systems in other galaxies.

At any given time, private Military technology is upto 50 years more advanced than civilian. And the rate at which they progress is much faster than civilian. In 20 years, that gap could be upto 75 years or more.

Civilians are hampered by the economical implications of technology. They must commercialize every version and slowly trickle it out, thus maximizing their profit. If you need proof of this concept look at Ipods and there million variations.

It would be silly to believe that the technology to completely pull off a project bluebeam type scenario - does not exist. It pretty much has to exist, we can see amateur variations of the needed technology already hitting civilian marketing.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Well I hope you can find info on how to jam the signals!
If they can project Im sure we can reject (here's hoping)
Damn thats scary stuff.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by mrwupy

Damn thats scary stuff.

Hey that's a great point.

I know that you can buy jammers for gps and such, but I think that only helps when your near the transmitter, blocking it from sending out any signal. This technology described above tho could be used on you from a great distance away. So how could you block it, rather than jam it. Since jamming doesn't seem possible.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Damn thats scary stuff.

At the moment, I have my tin foil hat screwed on tight. That's all I can come up with.

If I learn of something better, I'll be sure and post it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If their willing to place this kind of information out in public then the technology they have in private is far more advanced than anyone could ever imagine.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Hey that's a great point. I know that you can buy jammers for gps and such, but I think that only helps when your near the transmitter, blocking it from sending out any signal. This technology described above tho could be used on you from a great distance away. So how could you block it, rather than jam it. Since jamming doesn't seem possible.

Is that how jamming works? at signal transmission source? Im thinking though with say my mobile ph (cell for my Nth american compadres) My radio, interferes with reception, as do other electrical items, so there must be a way to fry my brain completety but at the same time lose or scramble the signal.....hmmmm

[edit on 24-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think they said this was based on microwave technology so maybe if you wear a microwave oven on your head you can keep the signals out. The oven keeps the signals in, so maybe it will work for keeping them out?

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

See ATS is FULL of smart people, all answers here, no need to look elsewhere.

Thanks for the tip mate, will do

PS...whatever "insulation" is used in a microwave would then work.......

[edit on 25-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join